What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Wow where do I start?

There are lot of improvements I'd like to see, but I can not take up all. Here are some anyway.

With the money you earn, you should be able to invite the team to dinner for better teamwork for example. You'll also be able to invite a player you are looking to buy at any dinner or the like to get a relationship with the player.

Money means very much in football today, so I think FM 14 should abide by it. Should I now create a save with Monaco, I would not have a chance to get players like Falcao, although it appears to work in reality. Players must therefore prioritize money higher than what they do now, maybe not the most loyal players but those who change club fairly often. You should ALWAYS be able to offer contracts and certain player how much money you have, the players should ALWAYS look at the offer. A player from Sunderland u 19 who earn 2k a week, all days of the week would go to any club that offers 5 million a week. Maybe not always, but very often.I hope you know what I mean. Money will have much greater significance.

Better atmosphere around the games is a must! Right now you can hear the crowd roar a bit but you have no idea on which side it is on during the match. Little more boos to some players, tifon, etc. would be excellent. When you win the Champions League for example, players will become a little excited and a little glitter falls down but what next? The crowd shouts a bit and the players running around but nothing more. Personally, I hardly happy when you win something like this because there is almost no atmosphere during games or after party, etc.. Attendance as storms plan would help and let the clubs fined for it but it belongs to football if you ask me at least in the lower leauges. Watch as players celebrating with gold shirts and trophy. Some interviews with the players or the manager after the game or before the upload commentator in the field. Let's see the warmup before the big matches with entry and so on. Building a better mood and get us ready to go when it really counts.

Then we have some stuff so that it will be too much yellow cards and too much injuries. Poor defensive I think many also have a problem with. For me, it is often that it owns the entire game and shoots for goal but the goalkeeper saves or that you miss. Then the opponents and counters with a shot on goal and then does score which is crazy annoying. Surely it must be done so at times but it happens too often. Teams like Real Madrid should not to lose against Granada what tactics they're using (obviously, REALLY bad tactics involve losing but not a completely standard tactic) course shall there be sometimes it does in football but it will be some class difference of the players so that they almost solve it themselves.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the money you earn, you should be able to invite the team to dinner for better teamwork for example. You'll also be able to invite a player you are looking to buy at any dinner or the like to get a relationship with the player.

In certain circumstances this sounds a lot like tapping up?

It is also my opinion that the team dinner idea sounds a bit contrived.

Atmosphere ideas sounds good though

The big thing for me is that I still feel in many ways that every season feels like the start of a new game, not a continuation of seasons previous. I know their are a couple of things like, the possibility of getting a son, or stadium named after you, but apart from those their seems to be very little to make you feel like you are cementing a legacy or gaining a wide array of relationships with players, managers and the media. I think that at the rate FM is evolving in other areas like 3D ME etc just appearing on a favored personnel list isn't enough.

So what measures do I think could be made, or existing areas expanded upon.

Relationships

Basically they need to be more dynamic in my opinion. For instance if you want to be friends with another manager, you can only appear on favored personnel lists, why not have some press conference options where you can get a bit more in depth. Like saying you shall be enjoying a post game drink with said manager, or sharing some of the more decent scouted players report cards, just a bit of diversity that actually makes you think this is a friend. On the reverse some heated feuds with rival manager you dislike, dragging each other through the media with a good ol' war of words ala, Fergie/Benitez. It would just give the AI side more personality.

On the Playing staff side, perhaps have your captain play a more important role giving you weekly/monthly updates on dressing room morale and suggestions/concerns on tactics or other players, the captain should after all be the managers representative on the pitch not just a name in a column. If a player gets player of the year and wants to thank the manager then go into a bit more depth ie have a personnel message from the player, or say specifically how the manager has helped, given creative freedom, more confidence, a more important role etc etc. Give options to comment on player landmarks like, 1st senior goal, record breaking goal, retirement stuff like that.

Smarter Media

By this I mean have the media comment and bring up deeds done under your tenure, comment on old classic matches you had with your rivals, bring up bad blood between you and players/managers. Have them comment on your legendary striker surpassing the league goal record. Also maybe have a season pre-view, like 'Another season kicks off this weekend, and defending champs [insert team] will have a tough time repeating last years feat, especially due to the amount of strengthening done by the chasing pack. However [insert team] have managed to hold onto to star player [insert player], who after finishing top of the scoring charts last season, including an absolute beaut for goal of the season [insert goal of season link] will be looking to kick on and terrorize more defenses' This although a rough and simple outline brings aspects of the previous season forward into the next. Other little things the media should do, like make a big deal out of the World Player of the Year this is a big accolade, maybe introduce the Ballon D'ore.

Manager Profile

Is a bit bare really, I would like to see the same stats that AI managers have though I admit this would be difficult to put in. Maybe a couple of other stats like, your discipline stance, are you a Capello type tyrant or a Keegan type man of the people. Do you have a good record with youngsters. How attractive is the football your team play are you stylish or cloggers. How is you relationship with the board, your staff, your players, the fans. Have some graphics of trophies you have won (it is a bit Fifa-ish but still). Have a check box to show how this relationship based attributes, or manager personality attributes have gone up or down like a players stats, to show your progress, and give your virtual self some realism.

Quick one - During the season I always go to clubs in my division's info page to see where the media rank them to finish (1-20th e.g.) to get an idea of their strength and how they've been doing. It would be nice to have a page where you could see all of the rankings of the teams on one screen.

I think there are some major things I would like to see in FM 2014:

- a transfer market more realistic, with the value of the player not only given by his PA and age, but also by his performance, his achievements and the fact that plays for the national team or not (these are all things that have a strong impact on the value of a player IRL)

- the market of the managers should be way more realistic

- the possibility of manage the training of pre-season and season, assigning different sessions of work every day of the week

- a deeper tactical section, with the possibility to refine the movements of the players during certain phases of the match and the distances between defenders-midfieldels-forward; I'm convinced it would be really helpful the collaboration with a manager or a coach of a real team for refining both trainings and tactics and to make them more realistic

- to focus on the regens: this is a key factor for all the hardcore fans, it is an area that needs to be improved

Minor refinements (but would be nice to see some of them):

- in the game, the player who become an icon or a legend of the team is always someone who has been elected the best player of the season by the fans, but sometimes there are player who were not absolutely the best players of the team through the years but they became icons or legends: the number of years that a player spend in a team should have an impact on this

- the same thing works for a player spending a lot of years playing in the same team and achieving good results with it, in the game the team becomes a favourite team of the player only if ona year he has been elected as best player for that team, but this is not at all realistic

- rating of players still way too depending on the assist and gols: I think it should be possible for a goalkeeper or a defender or a defensive midfielder to have an average of marks as good as a forwart or an offensive midfielder; IRL Jashin, Beckenbauer and Cannavaro won the Golden Ball, Baresi, Maldini and Buffon arrived in 2nd and 3rd position (and they should have won it at least once IMHO), while in FM the only player that could have the best grades and won the golden ball are offensive midfielders and forwards

- the co-ownership in Italy needs to be improved, there still happens a lot of "strange" things

- it would be a nice add the possibility to add the names of the firms supporting a team and the sectors of the stadiums occupied by the fans of a team

The Regens

This needs to be a bit better in my opinion... in all the years of experience I have had with the FM series, it has always been very difficult for me to get good regens. I am not talking about world class, just run of the mill regens, who could go on to have a good career in the second or third divisions of leagues.

All I ever seem to get is brilliant youngsters (few and far between) or very poor, because their mental attributes are very low or their physical attributes are very low. There is not a lot inbetween...

I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but it would still be nice to create a decent youth team, knowing that from 15-20 regens you have, at least 5 or 6 will go on to still have a half decent career.

OR... which might help, is the physical and mental attributes improving a lot faster or show a lot more improvement.

I'd like to see the overwhelming adherence to tactical instructions reduced.

IRL professional football players (mostly) posses brains. When under defensive pressure especially, they will usually try to do the right thing to get out of a tricky situation. Be it boot the ball out of play or pass it to an unmarked player / goalkeeper. In FM however players continually make the most bizarre and counter intuitive decisions when under pressure. Complaining about your centre half (who is being closed down by two attackers) playing a one two on the edge of their own area (with a someone who is being man-marked) will invariably invoke the response:

"It's your tactics mate."

And it probably is; I like my team to play it short and slow. However the games' insistence that players blindly follow tactical instructions, when doing so is the worst possible option, is frankly ridiculous. I'd therefore like to see the game tweaked so that when a player is in such a dangerous position they disregard the tactical instructions and do what every real life footballer would do; try get rid of the chuffing ball.

I apologise if this has been mentioned already, but I haven't been able to read all ~2000 posts so far.

A possible addition to FM14 could be splitting some of the hidden attributes into 'Club' and 'Country'. There are many examples of great players who consistently underperform on the national stage, and average players who play like kings when they put their national colours on. Splitting the hidden attributes between these two football domains allows a player to e.g. have a high 'big games' rating for his country, but a fairly normal one for his club.

I'd like to see the overwhelming adherence to tactical instructions reduced.

IRL professional football players (mostly) posses brains. When under defensive pressure especially, they will usually try to do the right thing to get out of a tricky situation. Be it boot the ball out of play or pass it to an unmarked player / goalkeeper. In FM however players continually make the most bizarre and counter intuitive decisions when under pressure. Complaining about your centre half (who is being closed down by two attackers) playing a one two on the edge of their own area (with a someone who is being man-marked) will invariably invoke the response:

"It's your tactics mate."

And it probably is; I like my team to play it short and slow. However the games' insistence that players blindly follow tactical instructions, when doing so is the worst possible option, is frankly ridiculous. I'd therefore like to see the game tweaked so that when a player is in such a dangerous position they disregard the tactical instructions and do what every real life footballer would do; try get rid of the chuffing ball.

Came in here to post almost exactly this.

In my current save(Juve) my gk is Buffon and whilst I appreciate him following my instructions I really feel that all footballers especially one with such experience would use their brain! Sure Gigi ideally I want you to play it short to the DCr but for the love of god man not when both DCs are being heavily pressed! Every time!

A small thing here. Make stadiums interactive. I mean, you can click on players, you get a screen for them, and multiple options. I would like a stadium screen aswell, for instance I click

on 'St James Park'. It takes me to St James' Park screen, with lots of stats, condition, other facilities, etc. Attendance figures, past stadiums, landmarks (expansions), options to sell

stadiums if the club is failing (Liverpool are in the Blue Square Premier in 2049 in my save, and still play at Anfield).

Going along with that would be a stadium list, with different variables, and could be listed with capacity etc.

Regen faces - need to age better, I think. And have more variety.

Relationships - instead of just being an easter egg, having sons, brothers etc in the game. For example in the Premier League, there are the Neville brothers, there has been the Olsson twins, the Ameobi family etc

Tactics - with the grid formation system used at the moment, more control is needed. For example, dare I say it, on FIFA, you can determine the exact position of a player, moving the player manually. I think you should be able to incorporate that, aswell as adding preferred runs etc

Regen faces - need to age better, I think. And have more variety.

Relationships - instead of just being an easter egg, having sons, brothers etc in the game. For example in the Premier League, there are the Neville brothers, there has been the Olsson twins, the Ameobi family etc

Tactics - with the grid formation system used at the moment, more control is needed. For example, dare I say it, on FIFA, you can determine the exact position of a player, moving the player manually. I think you should be able to incorporate that, aswell as adding preferred runs etc

agree i find when playing a 2 man central midfield the cm's are a little narrow for my liking this you could have someone in thierry henry role or push a more attack minded cm up a little more this would add a whole new dimension to tactics

Id like the option to let a player leave the club straight away if he has asigned a precontract with another team.

For example, Daley Blind is my reserve left back at Ajax, im not planning on offering him a new contract so offer him out to other clubs. Wolfsburg agree to sign him at the end of the season. Id like to say, take him now for free. PRoviding the player and the club agree (why wouldnt they?) then I would like to let him leave straight away. Mainly because I want him off of the wage bill! Plus hes only going to rot in the reserves now hes agreed to leave anyway?

SI, PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE IN FM14 (Classic Mode)! VERY IMPORTANT :)

- Ability to save tactical player instructions for each individual player, not only for the position he plays -

Some people adapt the tactical instructions for each player and it takes too much time to change this for every substitution. With this new feature the software should recognize that i wanna play - lets say Franck Ribery in the AML position and would automatically use my custom player instructions (e.g. run with bull often, direct passing, through balls sometimes, etc.) The same settings should be used no matter which position Ribery plays in (e.g. AMC or AMR).

FM13 is fantastic due to Classic mode. With this new feature and the new database update, FM14 will be worth buying again. Thank you!

apologies if already mentioned...

only thing i want and have wanted for many moons, is the ability to buy a youth player from a club and instantly loan them back for a period of time. i know u can do it after purchase, but thats not the same.

IRL former youngsters/trainees at big clubs end up at smaller clubs in the same area so the ability to filter a player search by players who were trained at a specific club (that isn't your own, which is already in the game) e.g. If I'm managing Barnet and I want to find players that were trained at Arsenal or Spurs.

I would like to have more options when going on holiday, especially being able to tell my assman to rotate more the squad. I hate when he plays an star player at 60% instead of an future star at 100% :S

SI, PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE IN FM14 (Classic Mode)! VERY IMPORTANT :)

- Ability to save tactical player instructions for each individual player, not only for the position he plays -

Some people adapt the tactical instructions for each player and it takes too much time to change this for every substitution. With this new feature the software should recognize that i wanna play - lets say Franck Ribery in the AML position and would automatically use my custom player instructions (e.g. run with bull often, direct passing, through balls sometimes, etc.) The same settings should be used no matter which position Ribery plays in (e.g. AMC or AMR).in. Thank you!

I second this. :thup:

Erm, I'm 99.999% certain that you can do that already...

Yes, but not in an very easy way. You have to choose and type everything manually in the editor. In the FIFA games you can just click create tournament, then choose how many teams and groups, how many rounds and legs, and what clubs / nations. Click create and it is done. I know the FM way is capable of creating exactly what you want, by using lots of parameters, but if I want to create just a simple tournament, I cannot do it in a very simple way.

Hope this makes more clear what I meant.

- ِAdvanced set pieces creator

The importance of set pieces cannot be ignored by putting a very basic set pieces creator like we have in the current game. As we know, football manager game reflects the real life football but in this part we didn't see a lot. I'll show you examples:

1/ Rafael Benitez - defense corners (leaked)

f3vwqd.jpgam7iit.jpg

2/ Brendan Rodgers’ Swansea tactics against Liverpool (leaked)

2hyd8h.jpg

3/ Jose mourinho - set pieces tactic:

We really want it ( Advanced set pieces creator ). For example, in defending corners I want john terry to mark specific player not just a tall player.

for attacking corners or free kicks I want my players to implement a specific strategy. I'd be happy if they took a step forward for set pieces creator.

It would be amazing with agents for managers. Agents can spice up the media and you can use them to make comments on your club if you feel the lack ambitions. E.g. Laudrup and Tutumlu in regards to Swansea.

Also clubs can enquire about the manager and/or ask about players etc.

Modular Expansions, I would like FM to have a single achievement database on steam so that as new iterations are released we don't have to lose any "base" achievements we've accomplished, and can instead focus on getting the new achievements released with each new version.

it would be good if you got teams folding and a other team taking its place maybe make it a rare moment in fm14 not something that happens all the time.

i also would like too use my own wages too maybe help my old club out

testimonial would be good

being interviewed for jobs be good

if your managing a club and other club want you or you apply for a new job i want my club to do everything in its power make me stay give me more transfer money or something. cause when you leave your team its like your old team dont like you.

This is just a creative idea: for the form of players to match the form of the real live game....with the amount of work this would need maybe it could only be done for the top divisions. but basically an OPTION to switch on "live updates for form" like its done in fifa13. So that when your team is playing manu - you would be facing the real manu team - an out of form rooney, an inform RVP etc. This could make your match experience even more realistic

No idea how it would work though

Id also like to see more creativity with handling the finances. Making it a business game too lol.

Look how much influence monsieur wenger has in real life - he helps determine the 1.wage structure, im pretty sure he has a say on the 2.percentage of income that is used for transfers and probably has a say on 3. change the season ticket prices and gate prices at the stadium - i think at least these 3 things should be allowed to be controlled if the board lets you. There should be a potential to mismanage your finances so the club becomes bankrupt and you go into administration. eg : a function in the game that allows you to get into debt - and you have the challenge to sort that mess out.

An ability to negotiate sponsorship deals. Im sure top flight managers have a say in this.

The idea behind more financial control in the game - is it adds an extra dimension that is challenging, rewarding, and intellectually stimulating, and still very relevant to real life and the current FM series

This is just a creative idea: for the form of players to match the form of the real live game....with the amount of work this would need maybe it could only be done for the top divisions. but basically an OPTION to switch on "live updates for form" like its done in fifa13. So that when your team is playing manu - you would be facing the real manu team - an out of form rooney, an inform RVP etc. This could make your match experience even more realistic

No idea how it would work though

would not work what about signing/selling players in game what about being in the future eg 2030? the squads would not be the same the fifa 13 thing only works in quick play mode not career

Id like to be able to offer for example a 1 year contract with the option to extend it for a further year if i feel the player has earned it. Pretty sure this isn't possible right now but does happen a lot in the football league.

you can put a clause (I think its clause) which say automatic extension after league apps(final season) so say he play 20 league game his contract would be extended for a year if less then 20 you could still manually offer him a new one if you thought he earned it

I really want an option to select which kit the teams wear for each match, from the home/away/third kits. Otherwise, at least improve the color clash recognition. Just now, the game decided that white shirts and black shorts vs. black shirts and white shorts apparently wasn't a colour clash... Also, my team has a really cool third kit that I never get to see. ;)

I'd like to see a few tweaks to the tactics as they don't seem to have changed for a few versions now and the vast majority seem to be pretty up to speed with the tactics creator. Whilst it's possible to make a 4-2-3-1 that works in the game it's not currently possible to make one that works the way the system does in real life. For me the 2 in such a formation would be between what FM designates DM and MC and the 3 between what is currently MC and AM. This is exacerbated by the lack of tracking back by the AM line which often leads any type of 4-2-3-1 to be overrun by a 4 man midfield (incidentally a check box or slider to determine how much 'tracking back'/defending gets done by individual attacking players might also be an idea).

Some of the player instructions could also do with being a little more intuitive. As I mentioned in another thread recently: a MR/L as a W(S) has normal wide play while a W(A) hugs the touchline seems the wrong way round as surely the dribbler should be looking to beat the full back to get a cross in while the wide player running from deep should be more aware of space being created in the middle to run into. There are a variety of issues similar to this.

Description of a player role in the player instructions screen could also do with a little more specific detail about the instructions that player will work to. I tend to use a CM(D) and DLP(S) MC conbination. Currently, both of those players hold up the ball where I would only ever want one to do so. I know how to amend those instructions but I wonder how many people either new to the game or less au fait with the tactical side know how to or are even aware that those players are being told to do that.

I'd also like to see some work done on the starting attributes of newgens. Most youth players IRL at 16/17 have pretty much all the technical attributes they will have for the rest of their career and are just going to mature mentally and physically (Think Messi/Aguero/Ronaldo at 17/18 - still pretty handy!). This isn't reflected in the game where newgens are pretty much inept in all 3 categories even if they have great potential. There also seems to be no instances in the game where a newgen is fully developed physically at 17/18. This does happen (e.g Phil Jones/Lukaku/Wickham) and should be something that occurs occasionally in FM.

Edit: I also think the stats could do with a bit more detail given their importance. Past meetings for exapmle can't be filtered by competition or venue anymore which is a frustration. Player stats should include things like goals with right/left/head and inside/outside box. Team stats including things like goals scored/conceded from set pieces/crosses/through balls. Given that in many ways stats are the heart of the game the depth of statisitcal information available is quite poor. Especially when I can find out totally useless things like how my team ranks in the league in terms of average weight etc.

I would really like the editor to be more advanced, so that you don't get stuck when creating a custom league. With the basic editor the options you have are just too few. Not every competition is as straightforward in promotion and relegation as the English one.

Just introduce an option to use either the basic editor or a more advanced one.

So SI, get over the fear of releasing the advanced editor and just do it!!

Dynamic rivalries! - This is particularly needed for LLM games. When I (eventually) get my BSS team into the Prem, I still want the excitement of rival matches. Adding in a points system based on number of times played in cup finals etc. would help create dynamic rivals and add a bit of extra spice to those of us who like taking a small team into the big leagues.

I really want an option to select which kit the teams wear for each match, from the home/away/third kits. Otherwise, at least improve the color clash recognition. Just now, the game decided that white shirts and black shorts vs. black shirts and white shorts apparently wasn't a colour clash... Also, my team has a really cool third kit that I never get to see. ;)

Yes, definitely this- I will echo this every time someone mentions it, and I will keep mentioning the examples I put up in posts #1051 and #1235.

Letting us choose the kits is probably my biggest wish of all in terms of new features for FM14.

I'd like to put in a request for better documentation. The current "manual" is barely more than a guide to the GUI (and even then it's missing info), not the game itself. I don't think players should have to trawl through these forums to understand how the game works. The forums are well suited to providing in-depth advice/analysis, especially for specific queries, but I think the lack of proper documentation is resulting in many players coming up with their own interpretations of what a particular option in the game does, then getting frustrated when it doesn't do what they thought it would.

This particularly applies to tactics and the ME as well as player interaction (i.e. team talks etc.); people complain because they don't understand why their tactics are not working when the assumptions they made about how the ME interprets their tactics are wrong in the first place. Or they don't understand why a player has reacted badly to a team talk because what they said to the player was interpreted in a different way by the game to what they expected.

Sorry to butt in here but just playing the game now, and could we get a list of who is managing which club, under say the Premier League Table>Stats>Current Manager?

Job Security > sort by "division" > scroll to premier league > voila

P.s. - that doesn't stop your idea being a good one, adding it on a tab from the League would be more accessible

The other teams should be way more proactive.

Even when we win important competitions like the CL and our players' reputation starts to grow, they only (most of the times anyway) react when we offer a player and put him on the transfer list. How about taking the initiative .. just to, you know, .. mix things up a bit?

1) Adding youth accademy with youger player than 16 years old (strong database improvement). So regens players will appear later than now... honestly, we hate them!!!

2) Capabilities of young player (until 22-23 years old) to edit their PA in long time! That task will make every carreer different and made possibile for player by lower leagues to become a top player. In truth that task is more than present:

ex. Insigne (Napoli) in FM2012 was very bad,

Duncan (Inter Milan) in FM2013 is silly and now he's a potential top player,

Draxler (Schalke) in FM2012 he was underestimated and now he's a star

So you could improve CA/PA system with another parameter with function to give flexbility to PA...

3) Manager hold on the presidency...

4) The system of evaluation of the tag of the players is to improve, it is absurd to have to pay a € 3 million rated player at least 6-7 million.

5) Unable to accept that other teams do not / never propose exchanges of players, loans and more. is ridiculous considering a procedure that is now so widespread..

6) More freedom of positioning players on the tactic table

4) The system of evaluation of the tag of the players is to improve, it is absurd to have to pay a € 3 million rated player at least 6-7 million
You not understanding the value system doesn't mean it is broken. It would be awful to have a "value" column that showed exactly what you could pay at any given time. Totally and utterly game-breaking if you could. Removing it completely is more viable, but it is good to have an indication, which is all the "value" column is, an indication.

Hi !

I have a little suggestion concerning the opposition screen which, for me and for now, takes too much time to deal with. I wish we could see all the instructions for every player at once. There could be two possibilities to do so :

1) Add colums so we could have everything at once... "closing down", "tight marking", etc... It would be nice to have the possibility to chose those in the custom building of this panel ! I don't understand why we can't !

2) In the "Tactics" screen of the "Opposition Instructions" panel there could be little icons that would represent every action ("closing down", "tight marking", etc) under every player. So we could simply see and click on them to "on/off" them ! It would be faster and simpler to do and easier to see/comprehend ! There could be a panel for "players instructions" and another for "positions instructions". In an ideal world we would be able to see/change those icons on the (opposite) "team formation" widget during the match.

I really like the "opposition instructions" principle but often I skip them because I find it to much time consuming because not simple enough... what do you think ?

Archived