FM 2013 - What do we actually think this game will be like

Just a small thing, but I would like a more detailed explanation as to why a player "would have no intention of joining our club at this time."

For example, "X would have no intention of joining our club at this time as he wants to play European football/ does not want to drop down a division/ has recently signed a new contract."

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new match engine where pace and acceleration aren't so overpowered.

Scouting could use a revamp, scouts shouldn't lose knowledge so fast of a country they spent a few months working in, i barely know anything about the Eredivisie, but if i spend a couple of months in Holland watching games and footage, i wouldn't forget all that knowledge in a month or so, it should last at least until the new season when there are transfers,retirements,new young players and even then i shouldn't lose all of the knowledge.

Ex-players that have permanent knowledge of a country just because they played there for a season 10 years ago doesn't seem realistic as well.

I really want to have custom regions in the game, just tell my scout to go for the regionX that comprises Portugal,Spain and France for instance, and just roam around those three countries, specially because scouting countries now is awkward when they have full knowledge of a country and complete it on a day and some regions have a lot of countries that just won't produce any good players when you are playing with a smaller DB so they end up wasting a lot of time.

A new match engine where pace and acceleration aren't so overpowered.

Scouting could use a revamp, scouts shouldn't lose knowledge so fast of a country they spent a few months working in, i barely know anything about the Eredivisie, but if i spend a couple of months in Holland watching games and footage, i wouldn't forget all that knowledge in a month or so, it should last at least until the new season when there are transfers,retirements,new young players and even then i shouldn't lose all of the knowledge.

Ex-players that have permanent knowledge of a country just because they played there for a season 10 years ago doesn't seem realistic as well.

I really want to have custom regions in the game, just tell my scout to go for the regionX that comprises Portugal,Spain and France for instance, and just roam around those three countries, specially because scouting countries now is awkward when they have full knowledge of a country and complete it on a day and some regions have a lot of countries that just won't produce any good players when you are playing with a smaller DB so they end up wasting a lot of time.

Great idea with the scouting, would be ncie to send a scout to a list of specific countries, rather than just spain or just portugal :thup:

For me the most important things are:

1. The AI's ability to build squad in a long-term game. This mostly has to do with their players trading and youth development.

2. Improve match engine, especially with things like the 3-man backline (eg. not being to push the CBL and CBR wide during build up play,) the proper implementation of liberos who push forward, and also closing down to be more than just 1v1 battles.

For me the most important things are:

1. The AI's ability to build squad in a long-term game. This mostly has to do with their players trading and youth development.

1000 times this!

It's probably the hardest thing to improve in the game, but if SI would get this right (or at least improved) the game it would be so much better after 5 or 6 seasons.

i think the large majoraty of the players, think the way i do: The longer you play in one save, less funnier that save will get, and the main reason is the poor ability from the AI teams to keep building (and re-building) their squads.

I know that a lot as been done in this particulary aspect, but lets face it... its far from perfect.

Would absolutely love a "Football Chairman" or "Director of Football" mode.

Want to be able to employ a manager then tell him parameters for tactics and buying and selling players, then just whizz on with the season without having to watch the boring games over and over again, until naturally I have to sack the useless cretin! :D

Want to be able to employ a manager then tell him parameters for tactics and buying and selling players' date=' then just whizz on with the season without having to watch the boring games over and over again, until naturally I have to sack the useless cretin! :D[/quote']

So, basicaly you would like a different game!

Want to be able to employ a manager then tell him parameters for tactics and buying and selling players' date=' then just whizz on with the season without having to watch the boring games over and over again, until naturally I have to sack the useless cretin! :D[/quote']

Possible to do so already, it's how I play the game.

Your assistant is your team's manager.

You set the starting tactics and tick the "use current tactic" option on the holiday screen and holiday through matches (your assistant will make changes as the game goes on). Tick all the team policy stuff relating to your assistant attending the press, using opposition instructions etc as well

You still have control over all the scouting, buying etc, and occasionally your assistant will recommend you a player in the backroom - take this as him wanting you to sign that player for his team.

If he's crap, fire him and place a job advert.

Sure, you won't be able to hire Mourinho or whatever as your "manager", but it still gives you the right gameplay.

i like the way this years is after the bugs were fixed , theres only a few relitivly small things id like to see changed for example the transfer values of players drop dramaticly very quickly , i would like the opertunity for players to recieve transfer budgets and attract the players which are getting touted in the media for instance the likes of psg being able to buy guys like kaka , anzhi buying another few players of eto'o stature , like that chinese team getting anelka aswell , if the chairman is financially backing the team to take them to the top of the world stage then it should be reflected in the game and lastly , to be able to have national and international acadimeies available to the top clubs.

It's just unrealistic. If you have a player who you have told to their face is no longer wanted, slap them in the reserves, offer them at a decent price, then their agent has a duty to see to it that they're gone during the next transfer window. There are a zillion clubs out there. Players just don't sit on transfer lists for years and years. Somebody will always take them. It's a problem, and it needs attention.

Actually this isn't always the case IRL.

My team Hearts have recently told players that they weren't wanted and that they were to find new clubs. Clubs came in for them in January but they decided to stay at the club instead picking up a better wage and not playing.

Your assistant is your team's manager.

You set the starting tactics and tick the "use current tactic" option on the holiday screen and holiday through matches (your assistant will make changes as the game goes on). Tick all the team policy stuff relating to your assistant attending the press, using opposition instructions etc as well

You still have control over all the scouting, buying etc, and occasionally your assistant will recommend you a player in the backroom - take this as him wanting you to sign that player for his team.

If he's crap, fire him and place a job advert.

Sure, you won't be able to hire Mourinho or whatever as your "manager", but it still gives you the right gameplay.

I play exactly the same way. However I would like the assistant to have the ability to buy/sell players with parameters set by me. ;)

Currently giving youth a chance playing this way. Can get a season done in 30 mins ;)

Able to play the world super league and the basque league

whats the point of having a check nations rule and to see its valid and yet when you actually run the game it stops while loading the custom database and it just gives an error report every time

its like what is wrong with the database when the database itself cannot find anything wrong with it

also no steam

make your own servers if you want to combat piracy

Actually this isn't always the case IRL.

My team Hearts have recently told players that they weren't wanted and that they were to find new clubs. Clubs came in for them in January but they decided to stay at the club instead picking up a better wage and not playing.

I know it isn't ALWAYS the case IRL, but it's very rare. It's the other way around right now in FM. It really needs sorting. Players just don't sit there for years and do a Bogarde. The vast majority of players primarily just want to play. Doesn't work that way most of the time on FM though, and it should do.

I know it isn't ALWAYS the case IRL, but it's very rare. It's the other way around right now in FM. It really needs sorting. Players just don't sit there for years and do a Bogarde. The vast majority of players primarily just want to play. Doesn't work that way most of the time on FM though, and it should do.

Lol at your comment in bold.

Football is full of money hungry players nowadays and I bet half of them couldn't care less whether they were playing or not as lets face it, you wouldn't complain at sitting on a bench if you were getting paid thousands/millions of pounds a year. If they have a better deal at their current club, I doubt they would be in any rush to move on, although of course you get some who are only interested in the football.

In real life it happens. My team in real life, Wolves, had a striker called Andy Keogh, he wasn't good enough and was considered 'deadwood', along with Andrew Surman. He went down a division to Milwall, as did Surman to Norwich who then got promoted. It does depend on the wage and the individuals personality but I think it's way out of hand on this version. A lot of players in real life also take wage cuts in order to be playing, you get the feeling on this version that EVERY single player is in it for the dosh. I feel like a player would rather rot in the reserves of a Prem team than be playing regular for a team in the league below on this FM. I just don't buy it. Of course, this does happen in real life with primadonnas and self-loving individuals but it's actually very rare that a player would rather rot in the reserves on the transfer list than join another club that suits him. Even a player as High Profile as Craig Bellamy went on loan to Cardiff. I know it's only a loan but it's still significant.

My next point, most players would be wanted by at least one team in this great big footballing world, somewhere along the line, a team is found and a deal is negotiated.

completly Agree. every single player is a wayne bridge/michael owen in football manager when it just simply isn't the case in real life, if they can fix that and a few other things i might buy 2013. if not i really am for the first time not going to buy football manager this coming release. i guess this is the end for me with football manager.

They'll continue to improve the animations and graphics, but you shouldn't expect anything near FIFA for a long, long time - and even then you'd end up with generic faces because EA have most of the image rights and refuse to let them go.

That's something I don't quite understand. For many years now this game has been one of the best selling pc games every year and SI still can't afford a good graphics development team? I know graphics aren't the major selling point of this game and good graphics alone don't make for a good football manager as EA is demonstrating every year but I still think the game day atmosphere could do with a lot of improvements and graphics are a major part of that.

I think the fact that match presentation is rather dull is a major reason why so few people actually watch an entire match, because it's just not very interesting and entertaining to watch.

Completely wrong, the majority of players look at the wage first, the chances of first team games second, i could go through countless players who have left Aberdeen for more money and rarely play at their new clubs. Your living in a fantasy world i think.

I agree with the selling players issue which is a problem IRL.

Obviously we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe a buying club does enquire whether a player on high wages is willing to drop his wages and move, or whether he is happy to rot in the reserves at his present club. If he is not willing to drop his wages, negotiations end. But that doesn't solve problem in a game scenario.

So in FM I just don't understand why any club won't even bid for a player to see if he is willing to drop his wages for 1st team football. Surely these negotiations do occur IRL, and we just don't hear them (like the Wesley Sneijder joining Man Utd rumours).

Or maybe, like on FM11, when a player does agree to move for less wages, but asks for a his current club to pay the difference up until the end of his contract. This then gives the human manager more control and enables him to make calculated risk whether his is willing to pay someone whom isn't playing for him, in order to move him on for a transfer fee.

I think it keeps in allowing a manager in a game environment to have more control rather than just stubbornly not allowing clubs to bid for players on high salaries and/or long term contracts.

Completely wrong, the majority of players look at the wage first, the chances of first team games second, i could go through countless players who have left Aberdeen for more money and rarely play at their new clubs. Your living in a fantasy world i think.

It really depends on the stature of the player involved. If he has already earned a lot of money in his career, it's likely he would look to find first team football as his career goes down. If it's a young prospect, then first team football is the only thing that's going to get him a good living out of the game going forward.

All people are saying is the game doesn't have the balance right, which I think it a fair point.

That's something I don't quite understand. For many years now this game has been one of the best selling pc games every year and SI still can't afford a good graphics development team? I know graphics aren't the major selling point of this game and good graphics alone don't make for a good football manager as EA is demonstrating every year but I still think the game day atmosphere could do with a lot of improvements and graphics are a major part of that.

I think the fact that match presentation is rather dull is a major reason why so few people actually watch an entire match, because it's just not very interesting and entertaining to watch.

FIFA 12 System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ (Dual core processor /Core duo 2 or better)

RAM: 2 GB

GFX: ATI RADEON HD 2900 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GS

GFX RAM: DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above).

DirextX: DX 9

Football Manager 2012 System Requirements

CPU: XP – 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 – 2.0GHz or Faster like an Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon.

RAM: XP – 512MB, Vista/W7 – 1GB

GFX RAM: 128MB

HDD: 2GB free hard drive

Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible

LAN: TCP/IP compliant

It's not wrong at all. Footballers first want to play football. Somebody mentioned Wayne Bridge... Well he's at Sunderland now because he wants to play. Players want to play football. And if they're not playing, they'll move somewhere else. But not on FM...

Lol at your comment in bold.

Football is full of money hungry players nowadays and I bet half of them couldn't care less whether they were playing or not as lets face it, you wouldn't complain at sitting on a bench if you were getting paid thousands/millions of pounds a year. If they have a better deal at their current club, I doubt they would be in any rush to move on, although of course you get some who are only interested in the football.

This just simply isn't true.

There's a difference between moving to a bigger club and gladly sitting in the reserves for years on end. It just doesn't happen in the vast majority of cases. Football players WANT to play football.

The players probably left Aberdeen primarily for a better and more promising club, then, got left in the reserves. This is very different. Even then, I'm sure the players that were left in the reserves for a long period moved on to a new club. I've seen some horrific player at Wolves in my time that I've thought no other team would want, yet, they still get sold!

The players probably left Aberdeen primarily for a better and more promising club, then, got left in the reserves. This is very different. Even then, I'm sure the players that were left in the reserves for a long period moved on to a new club. I've seen some horrific player at Wolves in my time that I've thought no other team would want, yet, they still get sold!

You said what I was trying to say much better than I did. One teams dead wood is another teams Messi. There are THOUSANDS of clubs out there. Selling REALLY needs to be looked at. I've offered a 31 year old RVP to clubs for free before and NOBODY wanted him. Are you telling me that not ONE MLS team, or team in the far or middle east would take up the opportunity to sign RVP for nothing?! Rubbish.

Just one example.

what this game lacks as another user has point out is the right balance between both. the game hasn't got it yet.

Chatting to my brother the other day and we discussed FM13 and would it be another update of a update at full price.

Also we discussed how far you can take this game with regards to development and scope.

Both agreed the game has come stagnant and unsure if there will be any massive improvements or design changes for 13 as version 10, 11, 12 are basically the same.

Be interesting to see what developments there will be but most of the suggestions in this thread have not convinced me that the game can benefit in truth.

Both agreed the game has come stagnant and unsure if there will be any massive improvements or design changes for 13 as version 10, 11, 12 are basically the same.

You must be kidding right? "basically the same game"? the fact that FM2012 still have issues that need improvement, doesn't mean that it's "basically the same" game that FM2010 was.

Between FM2010 and FM2012 there are so many changes, that if i went back to play FM2010 i would probably think..."jesus... what a poor game" :D

At a guess we'll either get a revamping of the AI's squad building, decision making etc, or the new match engine which is in development, but we won't get both.

Personally I'd probably prefer the former as it's holding the AI back quite a bit. I'm playing in Russia and AI clubs are regularly releasing some of the best young players in the country when they're 18. I often snap them up without competition as well. Considering you have to have 5 Russians on the pitch, it's pretty dumb to release a really promising youngster like that. I'm also fed up of seeing good players who would be useful to a lot of clubs retire because the AI refuses to sign them. That's needed changing for many years now.

I think if I had to choose I would go for the former too....but I think they need both...and when I say need I'm not sure what I mean because people are likely to buy regardless. I just hope they don't think like that when deciding whether to implement both or just the one new major feature.

You must be kidding right? "basically the same game"? the fact that FM2012 still have issues that need improvement, doesn't mean that it's "basically the same" game that FM2010 was.

Between FM2010 and FM2012 there are so many changes, that if i went back to play FM2010 i would probably think..."jesus... what a poor game" :D

All I can say is that your easily pleased :D

sometimes now in FM 2012, your strikers' stats don't matter. Because the engine is busy balancing the score etc to prevent it from becoming a cricket score. So world class strikers miss plenty of easy sitters game after game.

high finishing composure first touch etc. i don't matter anymore and it's annoying. in that aspect FM has gone backwards as far as i'm concerned. and i won't say fm 2010 will be a poor game if i play it now.

Archived