Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very dramatic. Someone just got a goal disallowed in the last minute and is raging on the forums. Haha

Err... nice try at the humour but no. Someone was playing a game that they had paid good money for and really enjoyed and now that game has just changed without that someone having any choice in the matter. Not about being easier or harder or winning or losing but about the basic playability of a game that I bought changing without my say-so.

But i like playing with Sunday League Footballer reputation as it makes the game more fun to go from Sunday League to worlds best manager.

I'm just saying when I win the players are still taking no notice or anything, that's not realistic i'm afraid.

So because I'm winning I shouldn't have an issue with what I feel is a flaw in the game?

The thing is that Superb morale will "double your players' CA" in terms of success rate and some attributes (like Work Rate and Pace). This means that as long as your team has Superb morale, they are all Messi-clones with Superman-tights in God-mode. Your amateurs with no attribute over 10 will match global superstars in every area of the game.

Before the patch, this could be achieved with a couple of wins in a row and maintained indefinitely by giving the correct team talks. It made the two other aspects of the game - tactics and transfers - abundantly redundant!

This state of godhood should be achievable in the game, but only for short periods of time and only through special occasions (like crushing your rivals or winning trophies). There is also a huge need for more controversy and rows between staff and players in the game, because before the patch players wanting to move for any reason were few and far between. That is unrealistic. Any player with the tiniest amount of ambition and self-esteem would not put up with being a bench-warmer season after season like they do now (or at least did before the patch). The lack of unsettled players (and the ease with which you could make them stay) made AI team building weaker than necessary.

I would hate it to begin with, but enjoy it in the end if SI just made my type of squad management impossible in this game. I don't care about squad status at all - to me it is just a way of limiting or enabling various levels of salary. So I have mostly Key Players, Important First Team Players and Hot Prospects in my squad, but I rotate them all very evenly. They get like 20-30 matches each every season and I never bother telling players that I am dropping/resting them for any reason since I get away with not doing so (and those conversations are really risky!). Would a world-class player enjoy playing half the amount of matches that he'd do in RL or at another club? I think not... Thus my squad management style is unrealistic because it should not enable me to keep 25 players happy and match-fit at all times.

If you find it hard to motivate players, choose a higher starting reputation...that is why it's there. The problem with 12.0 was that even with crap reputation, team talks were way too easy. and no, it's not a joke, it is much more realistic now.

Hard when your 9 seasons in :). Its more realistic then before, but its still way off the mark. For 95% of your players to be on Poor - Fairly Good morale after 12 match unbeaten run from being 2nd from bottom to now near the top would improve anyones morale! Players wouldnt be in a poor mood for challenge in a title run where as 4 months prior to this they we favorites for relegation with 1 win from 12 games..

Superb should be reserved for overachieving teams, teams who have just won something they never could have seen themselves winning imo. If that isn't reserved for situations like that, then where is your ultra super morale for situations like that. I do believe super should be for the rare occasions.

odds1516.jpg

prediction17th.jpg

---

titlewinn.jpg

titlemorale.jpg

---

FWIW, I found it was quite common for players to play poorly with 'very good' or 'superb morale' in 12.0.4 too.

The thing is that Superb morale will "double your players' CA" in terms of success rate and some attributes (like Work Rate and Pace). This means that as long as your team has Superb morale, they are all Messi-clones with Superman-tights in God-mode. Your amateurs with no attribute over 10 will match global superstars in every area of the game.

hahahahaha your over exaggerations are brilliant at times!! :)

But i like playing with Sunday League Footballer reputation as it makes the game more fun to go from Sunday League to worlds best manager.

I'm just saying when I win the players are still taking no notice or anything, that's not realistic i'm afraid.

Er....then go for it, but you will struggle more with motivation. THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF IT!

• SI Staff

BiggusD,

While I really appreciate your feedback and know you are trying to be constructive - please stop passing off your theories about the game engine as fact, because they are not fact.

Superb morale does not double your players' CA, or anything like it.

Cheers :)

Paul

I'm actually finding it pretty easy on the new patch.

I found it a challenge on the previous patch, I found it steady away never really run away with things, never won a League title etc.

I saw other players, who got from the Conference to Premier League in no time, winning most if not all the Leagues on the way etc.

I was in the Conference for 5 seasons.. before getting sacked. I was also in League 2 and League One for a few seasons... and after a few years of hardwork turned my side into a regular Championship mid-table team.

I couldn't get my head around teamtalks, I used to give out the teamtalk that made the most sense to me, but I normally got no response from the players, or nothing indicated or seemed to lose focus. It used to drive me crazy, and in the end I got sick of having to give out individual teamtalks to try and get a response.

With the new patch, I'm getting more positive responses from my teamtalks. (I just give out overall teamtalks, I never give out individual ones.. unless a player scores an hat-tick or has a rating over 9.0)

Running away in the League so far. Played 12, won 10, drawn 1, lost 1 and I'm also into the Carling Cup Quarter finals.. beating Sunderland and Everton along the way. Scored 39 and let in just 6 in the League.

I'm playing in the first season with Burnley, I've only made 2 permanent signings, and 2 loan signings. (both of which have now returned to their parent club)

Also on my Journey game, where I've got my team to a Championship midtable team after years of hard work. With the new patch, I am also doing really well in the League. Played 12 won 8, drawn 3, lost 1.. scoring 19 and letting in 4 goals. (Predicted 17th, selected midtable finish for season expectation.. not much money to spend and our squad is poor compared to alot of the squads in the League)

I'm not gloating or whatever, I'm just saying that I am finding it easier than before with the new patch.. much easier infact.

Can you please explain better this?

"- Fixed Italian Cup runner up not taking part in Super Cup when a team does the double (i.e. a team wins Serie A and Italian Cup)."

Here in Italy if a team wins both Serie A and Italian Cup the Super Cup is played between that team and the Italian Cup runner up, not the Serie A runner up like in Premier League. This already happened four times in Super Cup history and the last time was in 2010.

hahahahaha your over exaggerations are brilliant at times!! :)
BiggusD,

While I really appreciate your feedback and know you are trying to be constructive - please stop passing off your theories about the game engine as fact, because they are not fact.

Superb morale does not double your players' CA, or anything like it.

Cheers :)

Paul

That's why I put that in quotation marks ;)

I know that overperformance due to superb morale has nothing to do with CA, but it certainly feels like it sometimes! And yes I do imagine 11 opponents entering the pitch in the second half with red capes, curly black hair and a large toothy grin (Ronaldinho back in the day) from time to time, after being 11 "Joe the Pub Slob"s in the first half.

Can you please explain better this?

"- Fixed Italian Cup runner up not taking part in Super Cup when a team does the double (i.e. a team wins Serie A and Italian Cup)."

Here in Italy if a team wins both Serie A and Italian Cup the Super Cup is played between that team and the Italian Cup runner up, not the Serie A runner up like in Premier League. This already happened four times in Super Cup history and the last time was in 2010.

The fix makes sure that the cup runners-up play in the super cup when a team does the double, pre-patch the place would go to the league runners-up.

I am stunned by some of the posts on here re teamtalks and morale. Team talks only affect the morale very slightly (in match time frame) and the reponses seen only relate to percieved body language. The whole morale system is far, far better in 12.1.

Personally i am very happy with the latest update and am loving my current save (new save after 12.1 release)

That said, i do agree that people should be able to play with the version of their choice and not be forced to patch. And if they do update and dont enjoy, then restoring to a prefered version should certainly be possible.

I have a problem with the new patch 12.1.0. If I play a match and during it decide to view something else and hit alt+tab to get out of the game, almost immediately the game crashes. That didn't happen with the previous, though... Any solution?

Before the patch, this could be achieved with a couple of wins in a row and maintained indefinitely by giving the correct team talks. It made the two other aspects of the game - tactics and transfers - abundantly redundant!

This state of godhood should be achievable in the game, but only for short periods of time and only through special occasions (like crushing your rivals or winning trophies). There is also a huge need for more controversy and rows between staff and players in the game, because before the patch players wanting to move for any reason were few and far between. That is unrealistic. Any player with the tiniest amount of ambition and self-esteem would not put up with being a bench-warmer season after season like they do now (or at least did before the patch). The lack of unsettled players (and the ease with which you could make them stay) made AI team building weaker than necessary.

I would hate it to begin with, but enjoy it in the end if SI just made my type of squad management impossible in this game. I don't care about squad status at all - to me it is just a way of limiting or enabling various levels of salary. So I have mostly Key Players, Important First Team Players and Hot Prospects in my squad, but I rotate them all very evenly. They get like 20-30 matches each every season and I never bother telling players that I am dropping/resting them for any reason since I get away with not doing so (and those conversations are really risky!). Would a world-class player enjoy playing half the amount of matches that he'd do in RL or at another club? I think not... Thus my squad management style is unrealistic because it should not enable me to keep 25 players happy and match-fit at all times.

So true. Sadly some people want to just win every match irrespective of transfers or tactics.

I HATE player interaction and team talks. This game was really poor imo before the patch because it basically made the old school fun parts of FM/CM (tactics and transfers) completely redundant.

The Steam servers must be extremely busy as they seem to not want to let me install the update (how can I check if it's installed?) nor to let me play the damned game!

I'm on a mac btw just like Chris Cox. Nothing downloads, and the "servers" are too busy to validate my game. I've done all the good stuff like deleting cache etc., but to no avail.

I would like to play more than one game at a time, but I guess now I'll have to buy a new game to play over the Holidays since they game has ***** itself. Paradox games, here I come!

Love,

Me

edit: and true to form, I can't even post a JPEG of the screenshot of this joyous message from Steam. Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted. Oh terrible day when Messi will no longer rule Europe thanks to the meddlings of the footie gods. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Iniesta gets no more assists. :(

even with 12.1 I find that assertively saying you werent that bad but i still have faith, or whatever the relevant you have faith option is, never upsets anyone.

Sometimes it gets no reaction, especially if the player thinks he is bigger than me (scott parker signed on loan), but for the most part it makes everybody either happy or motivated.

My results however, have got worse.......looking forward to fixing it

I firmly belief that SI have just changed the game rather than ruined it. Everybody who is saying their save is rubbished, you worked out how to be good at FM once already, now you just have to work it out again! Nothing wrong with a challenge.

I also agree with SI that super high morale shouldnt be so easy to maintain. No manager has ever been thought of as amazing by all their players.

Im sure Coyle's chirpy demenaour seems great sometimes, but surely sometimes you want to slap him for being too happy, and then look at this season, do the players think he is enough of a leader for them?

'God-Like' Ferguson has always had 1 or 2 players in the huff, Stam, Keane, Beckham, Kuszcak, Berbatov etc.

There shouldnt be an easy answer to keeping everybody happy or saying the right thing all of the time, and now that it has been taken away people throw their toys out the pram

• Administrators
The Steam servers must be extremely busy as they seem to not want to let me install the update (how can I check if it's installed?) nor to let me play the damned game!

I'm on a mac btw just like Chris Cox. Nothing downloads, and the "servers" are too busy to validate my game. I've done all the good stuff like deleting cache etc., but to no avail.

I would like to play more than one game at a time, but I guess now I'll have to buy a new game to play over the Holidays since they game has ***** itself. Paradox games, here I come!

Love,

Me

edit: and true to form, I can't even post a JPEG of the screenshot of this joyous message from Steam. Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted. Oh terrible day when Messi will no longer rule Europe thanks to the meddlings of the footie gods. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Iniesta gets no more assists. :(

Verify your cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7228260&viewfull=1#post7228260

I don't know if it's been covered yet but I think there is a bug with the number of coaches allowed. 3 different game have allowed 15+ coaches yet when I have 8 and go to sign another the board block it as they don't feel I need another coach.

What kind of coaches are you trying to sign, and have you checked how many of each kind your allowed before trying to sign another one??

Check youth coaches, first team, GK, fitness and normal coaches, each has an allocation you cannot go above

same problem with my game after the patch my striker been sent off 4 times in less then a year, ( no red card before the patch 3 seasons).. at least 5 to 6 yellow cards a game too

So there at least 3 people with this problem, would anyone from sigames like to comment?

Started a new save whit Porto, with the same tactic the brought me success in earlier patches, but in this is "amazing", currently in october 23 and the tactic familiarites level are all at maximum except the formation bar that is on awkard ???? Loss after loss, i brought a decent assistant with 20 motivation 17 man management 16 determination..............

Past experience Automatic!! Reputation National

What the hell is going on?

Is the bold normal???

So there at least 3 people with this problem, would anyone from sigames like to comment?

3 people with a player who is collecting red cards is hardly a fundamental problem, obviously it is annoying you as much as it would annoy me but I doubt it is a bug otherwise there would be more than 3 mentions of it.

Of course if you think there is a problem I'd suggest posting in the ME bugs forum & uploading yur save game for SI to look at.

My problem with the whole morale thing is that it has too much of an effect on how the players play, so now they've caused it to be harder to keep players happy, but its extremely tough to get upset players to play well. Plus, I've now had players getting mad for no reason. Alex Song all of a sudden is on poor morale because he thinks he should be getting more attacking training? WTH? I lost one match 2-0 to Everton after a run of 11 straight victories in all comp. and now morale is in the toilet no matter what I say after game. One match is all it takes to take morale from good/very good to poor/very poor? Stupid.

Really disappointed with the patch - player interaction and team talks seem grossly unrealistic, with even highly professional characters like vermaelen and benayoun "lose focus" when i ask them to concentrate or that i expect a win - shoddy change there, really unhappy.

I must also question the frankly abominable research that goes into the kit colours and designs, as I have had to correct these on 19 out of 20 premier league teams to remove items which aren't there, update the out of date kits, add in missing parts and completely alter innaccurate colour schemes. I repeat that is 19/20 premier league clubs have had at least 1 alteration made whereby they have been incorrect beforehand. The only completely accurate kit is wigans.

Really poor update, very unhappy with it

I just finished my first season with the new patch. Has anyone found the "minor" corner ME tweaks...not so minor? I've gone from an average amount of goals from corners (around 15-18 a season) to zero...yep, zero. However, it's not just me; its affected my entire league as the highest team with goals from corners has 3 in a 46 game season.

Has anyone else noticed such issues?

Cheers,

cerud

Hi,

Just bringing this back up as its been buried by the team talk discussion. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Cheers.

I'm not seeing those figures in my game, in week 10 the top team have 7 gaols from corners with a mean average in the top 10 of 4 goals from corners, this is reflected in the other divisions set to 'full detail'.

Can i get some clarification here. I understood it that goals from corners had been toned down... however I have scored 7 goals from corners in my first 10 games. This seems high to me. Is it fluke or am i missing something here.

Will my game that i saved before the patch was released have the patch updates on it or will i have to start a new one? The game status says it's 12.1 but not sure if changes have taken place even though it says 126 database changes :s That might be my Real Competition name file, not too sure.

So, about the morale thing. The whole problem comes -as almost always with this game- from the design process. I mean, it's ok as a mechanic to be more influential as a manager if you have previously played football on various levels. But only a little, nothing more.

Being infuential as a manager must come from the way you organize and treat your players, keeping your promises to the players and board, winning (of course), winning with a smaller team, etc... Let us build our ability to influence players over time, just like a real manager.

Two of the masterminds of psychology (Murinho and Ferguson) didn't play or didn't succeed anything as players. On the other hand, the genius that is Maradona, with all his legacy, couldn't inspire his national side to go to practice.

So, once again, the design behind team talks is wrong (like with so many things in this game). SI can adjust and adjust but the end result will never be any kind of realistic unless they decide to go back at the drawing board.

There is no way we will backtrack and allow super high morale to be sustainable via obvious team talks and routine wins. Or for that matter, have the situation where super low morale is impossible to shake off as others have occasionally reported. The new balance is better for the game and I believe we will be vindicated on this.

At the same time, if there are examples of team talks where the response really was illogical and unexplainable by reputation differences etc please email me the pkm of the match and we will look at it and if needed tweak things for the next update.

Cheers,

Paul

I think its good to start a new game as some people seem to be hurt by it happening mid-game to a successful side out of nowhere. Understandable.

I dont usually post regarding patches, as in my experience most things are changed for the better or at least changed to function as they were 1st intended if it has been seen that something has been to easy or to negative.

However regarding the morale issue i have to agree that it seem to have been changed to almost a random morale generator,

Take my last match as an example

Aaron Lennon started the match with Superb morale on the back of 3 assists and a MOM performance in our previous game,

After the team talk, he was relaxed and motivated (green), so the team talk had given a positive effect according to the game,

45 minutes later, we come in for half time and the information tells me that he is having a very good game, it even says this on the motivation panel

However, he has somehow been reduced to Poor morale!!!!!!!

Que team talk and again a green reaction, so we have had another positive effect on young Aaron,

Out he goes and continues to play well, gets an assist and torments his full back,

End of the game and in we come for the full time talk, Aaron has been voted Man of the Match for the 2nd time in as many matches, the boy is playing out of his skin

But low and behold we have regressed further to Very Poor Morale by the end of the game!!!!

So in the new system/Tweaked Morale we have a player drop from Superb morale to Very Poor morale in the space of 90 minutes where he was MOM (for the 2nd time in 2 matches) and reacted positively to all 3 team talks

If this is how the ammendments were supposed to function then kudous to you, works perfectly

however i am inclined to think that this is not what was intended and something has been tweaked/randomised just a little to far

SI's objective when creating the 12.1 patch was next:

- Messing up a lot of features in order to cause inevitable problems for the gamer --> SI supposes this as improving reality & game difficulty...

Now with patch 12.1: every time you touch a player he reacts negatively,

no matter what you do they all are ready to hate you...

Ok, this is my team morale after 22 games in my second season.

20111219-f9hbddy7k5yx45dj1jsghdqsf8.png

I'm Peterborough and I'm playing in the EPL, media predicted to be 20th, now I'm 10th, so we're clearly overachieving.

I just lost two away games to Tottenham (1st in the league) and to Newcastle, but I think my morale situation is a bit strange, don't you think guys?

SI's objective when creating the 12.1 patch was next:

- Messing up a lot of features in order to cause inevitable problems for the gamer --> SI supposes this as improving reality & game difficulty...

Now with patch 12.1: every time you touch a player he reacts negatively,

no matter what you do they all are ready to hate you...

Do you ever give it a rest ?? dont think i've seen anyone post as much crap as you over last few weeks, yes of course SI make a patch to spoil everybody game its always top of the priorities, get a grip !

Do you ever give it a rest ?? dont think i've seen anyone post as much crap as you over last few weeks, yes of course SI make a patch to spoil everybody game its always top of the priorities, get a grip !

It's not like that, but obviously, as you could see from my last post, there are some problems after the last patch.

Archived