Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My full-back scores a rare goal. Post match press conference: "A bit of a collector's item today - a goal from player X!". Fair enough, he's a full-back so isn't really tall enough to go up for corners and, being a defender, doesn't get too many scoring opportunities. Option 1: He'll start banging them in on a regular basis now!". No he won't, he's still a full-back so still won't get many chances. Option 2: "It was great to see, he's been working really hard to improve that side of his game". No he hasn't, he's a full-back and isn't expected or even required to score goals.

My full-back scores a rare goal. Post match press conference: "A bit of a collector's item today - a goal from player X!". Fair enough, he's a full-back so isn't really tall enough to go up for corners and, being a defender, doesn't get too many scoring opportunities. Option 1: He'll start banging them in on a regular basis now!". No he won't, he's still a full-back so still won't get many chances. Option 2: "It was great to see, he's been working really hard to improve that side of his game". No he hasn't, he's a full-back and isn't expected or even required to score goals.

True that! Bugs me as well.

What annoys me is this:

I play the following formation: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-DL-DM-MCR-MCL-AMR-AML-STR

In the tactics screen before the game, during half time and after the game, the list of players is exactly in that sequence. However, during the game itself in TV-mode, the list of players in both de 'Assman feedback' window and the 'Team motivation' window the list is: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-MCR-DM-MCL-AML-STR-AMR. Very confusing. Is this a little bug in the game, or something of my own doing? I have posted this question elsewhere too.

My team has 1 nervous player- I will still play well, create lots of chances but not score and end up with poor result; opposition has a team full of nervous players and it makes no difference to their performance or ability to score!

The keeper, seemingly on ice, gliding right out of the penalty area when he gathers up a harmless punt up the park and getting sent off in the process. happened to me twice in 3 games.

and no, it wasn't the depths of winter, it was an Italian September.

On my save (now in 2019) England hired Stuart Pearce from the start of the game. He won back-to-back Euro Championships and then resigned in 2016. Since then England have hired 4! unknown managers who haven't had any previous football/background experience! 2 have retired and 1 was sacked with the 4th still in charge. Surely there would be someone who wants to manage their national side with managerial experience?! They haven't performed badly (bar the one who got sacked) so it's not a major problem but it just annoys me seeing random people in charge of the national side.

- Balls always get booted to Row Z. By now, we should have many many balls lying around in Row Z!

- Youth players unhappy when I tried getting someone to tutor him

- Defender strolling towards the ball when the striker is in hot pursuit behind him

- Opponents scoring too many long shots. Scenario: opponent's striker is 35m away from your goal, you've got a couple of man on him. Suddenly, he rifles the ball into the roof of your net.

When players don't seem to want to actually play football...

Older players who would rather sit there and be unattached than sign for a top club...I'm the league winning PSG it's the 2nd season and Paul Scholes won't go anywhere near us. He'd rather sit and sulk that united have had thr audacity to released him.

Transfers like Eto or Drogba to a rich foreign league or Cahill to MSL just will not/can not happen in the game...

Somebody like say Rio or Carragher or whoever signing for the A-League or going to the US for one last hurrah is what we have come to expect...ditto a 33 year old World Class player going to Russia or China or like Salgado...to Blackburn.

This virtually does not happen with players choosing to retire rotting in the reserves of a big club but yet for example if you are a smaller London based Prem team and you go in for say Lampard in the 3rd season despite him playing maybe ten games the previous season...or he might sign but would still expect £100K per week and no matter how little football a player has been getting if he is retiring at the end of the season he is going nowhere!

Winger is clear, striker is ready to receive the cross for an easy scoring chance... but no!

Winger decides to stop, turns around and either passes the ball back to the overlapping fullback (who hits a predictable cross from deep) or hits the closing down defender and it's a corner.

1. On highlights view-A player getting injured and been forced to watch him roll around, the phyiso coming on, and then finally limping off, all this takes about 3mins and how it qualifies as a "highlight" ill never know. Yes you have the speed slider but its still annoying to have to bring this up and tilt it back and forth whenever this happens.

2. My back four taking an absurd amount of time to pick up loose balls, resulting in times when opposition players who started 10-15 meters further away getting there first. I'm pretty sure this is just a case of the ME poorly representing what is actually going on but still.

3. Not having the option to only view goal replays for my team, I don't want to view replays of opposition goals ffs.

4. Resorting to offering my players for stupidly low money in desperation to sell them but STILL not getting any offers.

5. Offering a player on loan who can easy be a very good player at Championship and below level, paying 100% of the wages but STILL not getting any offers.

4 part 2. Offering players FOR NOTHING and STILL not getting any offers, despite them all been on modest, easily affordable wages.

6. Doing the above 3 constancy for 4 months, then the player disrupting morale because "I broke a promise to sell", I ****ing tried everything ffs.

7. "Opposition team" profit from wasteful "my team". annoying because it usealiys follows on from an annoying game.

8. Very average/poor goal keepers going into god mode when you play them, only to go back to been their useless ****y selfs for the rest of the season.

9. One of my strikers missing like 4-5 CCCs, then having ago at me when I tell them they missed to many chances last match.

10. Amazingly qualify for the world cup as a massive underdog team, get a stupidly tough group stage draw, go out on 6pts (goals scored) and the two progressed teams both make the final.

11. Despite been by far the best English striker, I have never been able to get Wayne Rooney to perform at all at international level. constantly getting 5.8s ratings. Good job on si for translating his RL England form I guess.

12. World class players who their country massively relys on (no alternatives in that position) international retireing as soon as they hit 30.

13. Club managers withdrawing or liming to 45mins 2/3s of my squad.

14. Having a team which has this dreadful habit of playing amazing until they concede any type of goal. Leading to 3-0 HT wins to 4-3 losses.

15. Players who you have done an awful lot for, such as keeping with them though multiple massive injuries spells and continue to give them first team chances whereas allot of other teams would of forgot about them and labled them the next Paul Hargreaves, only to **** off the first chance they get. I'm looking at you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kightly

16. Managers having "a relatively poor opinion of you" for no reason.

17. Thumping the premier league favourites 4-0 away, then losing to a league 2 side at home 5 days later.

18. Manchester City constantly poaching my staff.

19. Assistant Manager making terrible decisions if i give him any kind of power. (Arranging friendlies at home to San Marino, giving crap youth players good contracts etc)

20. Players who insist on "match highest earner clause"

21. Not been able to appeal directly to the player when he is "very interested" and his agent is been a blatant dick is negotiations.

22. My assistant always always "didn't see the incident to is not sure if I should appeal" does he even watch the games ffs.

23. Players getting double yellowed for two acts of diving. (On my team)

24. Overly lenient referees who you could shoot but only get "a stern telling off"

25. Still not knowing what screen flow really does or how it works.

Still love the game thou =)

- players walking away before the ref issues a card

- the unnecessary waste of time when having to watch sometimes minutes of scenes with no highlights between making a tactical change and it taking effect

- ball goes out for corner, corner taker walks slowly towards corner (no no shortcut in the scene), realizes the ball is somewhere else, walks to the ball, takes it, walks back to the corner. Another minute of my life lost

- players being just few steps away from an open ball but either losing a 10 mile advantage by just walking or only beginning to move towards the ball when the opposition players already has an advantage to get to it. I know it's not, but that feels sooooooo scripted when that happens

i had a manager like me and dislike like 2 months apart, although it was Kenny Dalgleash :p

i do hate that corner stuff, happens on goal kick, even more annoying when they throw it from behind the goal, it hits the post so they then walk to get that at such a slow pace on max speed :p

15. Players who you have done an awful lot for, such as keeping with them though multiple massive injuries spells and continue to give them first team chances whereas allot of other teams would of forgot about them and labled them the next Paul Hargreaves, only to **** off the first chance they get. I'm looking at you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kightly

And this geezer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie (in real life at least)

Halfway through my 4th season as Arsenal and I'm so bitter I think I'll drop him permanently!

Injuries seem to happen, then the players get injured within weeks or in thier first match back (when you are trying to get some match fitness on them) it happens far too often to be a coincidence, and is meaning you dont have a player for half a season.

even had one injured in training..... the same day i got the back intraining from injury message

I hate it when Press Conferences highlight the same old thing (usually the most boring), and how you can't even view stats/attributes of board members anymore. Also the "Ex-England Star" thing. Just pick an ex international! I also don't understand how "I think many areas of the squad could be strengthened" = "Manager pleased with squad".

I also don't understand how "I think many areas of the squad could be strengthened" = "Manager pleased with squad".

That's not true. This news item only pops up if you are positive about your chances in the next match and thereafter choose the neutral option when the wuestion is asked which part of your team is particularly good.

The answer line you quoted is available only if your are giving an unsure answer about your chances in the next match and ususally leads to the news item line "manager name wants more players" or similar.

In the board meeting I get some suggestions of coaches that would be good to sign for my club and I offer them a contract. Then I get a new message saying that the board has cancelled the transfer as they don't feel that we need another coach...why the hell do you suggest people to me then???

My gripe is that when you select a player from their international screen ie the Argentina Squad screen, it only tells me they are Argentinian. I want to know what their club is not nationality, the big flag next to their name is already a big give away.

For Example I dont want to see 18. Matius Ezequiel Schelotto Midfielder (Right) D/WB/AM® Argentina I want 18. Matius Ezequiel Schelotto Midfielder (Right) D/WB/AM® Cesena

It used to be like that in previous versions but now I have to sift through the players history to find his club.

Also managers from clubs you have never played before saying that They are not your biggest fans and that they dont see eye to eye with you on many things or I get on really well with (you) even though you have never set foot in their country or ever heard of the Europa League qualifying round 1 team.

In the board meeting I get some suggestions of coaches that would be good to sign for my club and I offer them a contract. Then I get a new message saying that the board has cancelled the transfer as they don't feel that we need another coach...why the hell do you suggest people to me then???

That is the backroom advice not the board meeting. As in it is your current staff that makes suggestions, not the board.

I think it's a bit strange when the board accepts an offer for your star player and then criticizes you for letting that player go in the monthly reports...it's not like it was my choice to offload him!!

It is the fans that are unhappy with the sale not the board. When you check 'confidence - transfers' it starts with "the fans feel..." or something like that, it has nothing to do with the board.

What annoys me is this:

I play the following formation: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-DL-DM-MCR-MCL-AMR-AML-STR

In the tactics screen before the game, during half time and after the game, the list of players is exactly in that sequence. However, during the game itself in TV-mode, the list of players in both de 'Assman feedback' window and the 'Team motivation' window the list is: GK-DR-DCR-DCL-MCR-DM-MCL-AML-STR-AMR. Very confusing. Is this a little bug in the game, or something of my own doing? I have posted this question elsewhere too.

Try ticking 'sort team lists in tv view' in the preferences under display and sound.

offsides when it comes off the opposition player..... therfore you are not offside

and injures. its nothing to do with staff. its to do with tiredness.I had 2 players injured, next game another 2 get injured, then ahd to limp through a period of 2 games a week with tired/reserve players. and on of my other strikers going off injured EVERY GAME

I have three injuries in my squad at the moment. You might say: "Hey, I've seen worse!" And you'd be absolutely right! Only problem is, ALL three of them are DL's and all three of them are out for at least a month, one even 4 months! I say: Hello youth squad!

I have three injuries in my squad at the moment. You might say: "Hey, I've seen worse!" And you'd be absolutely right! Only problem is, ALL three of them are DL's and all three of them are out for at least a month, one even 4 months! I say: Hello youth squad!

With a few weeks of the season left, van Persie gets injured. No problem, I play 3 up front but I've got plenty of options. Then one week before the FA cup final (on the day I confirm the title), Chamakh - who, unlike real life, is a goal machine for me - picks up an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season (cup final and two league games), as does my Spanish regen who's scored 58 goals in 37 games. Bit annoyed now but still got Walcott, Gervinho, Bendtner and Arshavin (who doesn't actually want to play for me anymore). 3 days before the cup final I've got Tottenham away. Well, I lost to them earlier in the season so there's no way I'm playing a weakened squad even though the cup final is in a few days. I play a youngster and rest Arshavin for the final. 5 minutes in Gervinho picks up a season-ending injury. FOUR strikers gone in the space of 3 weeks! It's as if the game code picks one position to do loads of injuries then moves on to the next one!

Anyway, I thought this thread was about small insignificant things that annoy you, such as the one about ref and player taking weeks to walk towards each other! Seems like it's just become a thread to moan about everything in the game (myself included)!

With a few weeks of the season left, van Persie gets injured. No problem, I play 3 up front but I've got plenty of options. Then one week before the FA cup final (on the day I confirm the title), Chamakh - who, unlike real life, is a goal machine for me - picks up an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season (cup final and two league games), as does my Spanish regen who's scored 58 goals in 37 games. Bit annoyed now but still got Walcott, Gervinho, Bendtner and Arshavin (who doesn't actually want to play for me anymore). 3 days before the cup final I've got Tottenham away. Well, I lost to them earlier in the season so there's no way I'm playing a weakened squad even though the cup final is in a few days. I play a youngster and rest Arshavin for the final. 5 minutes in Gervinho picks up a season-ending injury. FOUR strikers gone in the space of 3 weeks! It's as if the game code picks one position to do loads of injuries then moves on to the next one!

Anyway, I thought this thread was about small insignificant things that annoy you, such as the one about ref and player taking weeks to walk towards each other! Seems like it's just become a thread to moan about everything in the game (myself included)!

Yes "targeted" injury problems are still a small, insignificant, annoying thing and not a major problem because SI tells us that injuries are random and cannot be targeted. Perception bias and everything. I just conclude that since this is a computer game, nothing is random. Nothing SI tells me will convince me that poor form and all the amazingly Final Destinationesque bad luck things happening when you are in poor form are not event-based scripts.

So when I get a red card several matches in a row, all the players in one position becomes injured in short order, the opponent succeeds with amazing things like 30-yard long shots whenever they want/need to and the whole team morale drops below ground level for no reason, then I say "oh well - poor form sets in" and take it on the chin because that is just how it is. Squad building and some team talk measures usually alleviate some of the dire effects of Poor Form, until it ends and you can continue where you left off.

As for -real- "small and insignificant things", I'd say it is the lack of movie direction in the ME that annoys me the most, still. There is so much unnecessary walking in the sequences that could be just cut from the game entirely (including Full Match). Why visualize picking up the ball before throwing in or taking the corner? Once the ball leaves the field, cut!

I don't want to read through everyone's but my main one's are youth players getting to big for their boots and not wanting to drop into league 2 etc and no option of buying a player but him staying there or going straight on loan for 6 months - 2 years.

Players not even wanting to discuss contracts with your team, in today's market agents would at least hear you out as they are a very unscrupulous bunch.

I hate agents asking for new contracts when some team has offered a really awful price for your star player!! DIE AGENTS DIE!

I don't want to read through everyone's but my main one's are youth players getting to big for their boots and not wanting to drop into league 2 etc and no option of buying a player but him staying there or going straight on loan for 6 months - 2 years.

Players not even wanting to discuss contracts with your team, in today's market agents would at least hear you out as they are a very unscrupulous bunch.

I hate agents asking for new contracts when some team has offered a really awful price for your star player!! DIE AGENTS DIE!

Yes, they're VERY annoying. The worst thing is when you have a young starlet who isn't quite ready for the first team who refuses to go on loan to a feeder club in the division directly below yours. At least with the agents demanding contracts, if you're a club legend and you're rep's high enough, the player will eventually drop it. I do actually enjoy makin a player look like an absolute tit in press conferences when saying "So and so should know I don't accept demands"

One other annoying thing is money-motivated players. You really get to see who they are when you set low bonuses for the season. Their morale's difficult to keep above poor, and they're about as consistent as the British summer weather.

One other annoying thing is money-motivated players. You really get to see who they are when you set low bonuses for the season. Their morale's difficult to keep above poor, and they're about as consistent as the British summer weather.

You can see who they are when you set high bonuses as well when their info page says "is pleased his efforts will be rewarded with high bonuses". The money-grabbing scum!

You can see who they are when you set high bonuses as well when their info page says "is pleased his efforts will be rewarded with high bonuses". The money-grabbing scum!

I dunno, some players will be naturally pleased that they'll be getting high bonuses, but the same ones who are aren't always disappointed about the low collective bonus.

Player wants to leave as he's not getting first team football, you say you'll find a club for him, you offer him to other clubs but no one is interested, and player complains that you didn't keep your promise and may take things further.

This.

And my new favorite:

Player raises a concern because he's not happy with his contract. You talk to him and say "Fine, I'll offer you another contract within the month.", largely because the only other conversation options are different variations of "f**k off", and he is the current fans player of the year after all so you want to try and work with him.

He seems happy with what you said, his morale goes up, and you're on the hook for a promise.

Then you go click on him immediately afterwards to offer him a new contract and he says he doesn't want to negotiate.

And to cap that, being in the BSN, it's not like I can sell him to someone and get him off the team... I'm now stuck in a position where I'm going to have a key unhappy player.

The game is amazing overall, but I've gotten so disgusted with the way that manager promises work that I'm never going to promise a player anything other than first team playing time again. My experience is that I don't have control over whether or not I can keep any other kind of promise.

I currently have a player injured. he is complaining about lack of first team football to the media

what?

Strange. I had a player demand first team football. I said he'd have to wait and it became an argument and he requested a transfer. I rejected and at the end of our chat he said "all you've done is make me even more determined to leave". His morale was abysmal and his general happiness said wants to leave. I tried to chat with him and he said no as our relationship had completely broken down.

Two days later he got injured in training that would keep him out for several months. Suddenly there was no trace of his unhappiness. His morale was okay, happiness was disappointed to be injured, but optimistic for the future. And when I tried a chat no sign of broken down relationships, so I just asked if he had any advice for potential signings and he was happy to respond! One long term injury and it's like nothing happened!

The amount of times I forget to renew my staffs contracts and then just before the second season begins I realise I don't have any coaches and my players stats have lowered. Or if I am a big club I hate the massive amount of contract negotiations I have to go through to renew all 50,455,417 scout's contracts before they expire

That is the backroom advice not the board meeting. As in it is your current staff that makes suggestions, not the board.

It is the fans that are unhappy with the sale not the board. When you check 'confidence - transfers' it starts with "the fans feel..." or something like that, it has nothing to do with the board.

Try ticking 'sort team lists in tv view' in the preferences under display and sound.

You're correct about both my complaints so I'll just go to the corner and hang my head in shame :o

Also thanks for that hint about the sorting order!

The amount of times I forget to renew my staffs contracts and then just before the second season begins I realise I don't have any coaches and my players stats have lowered. Or if I am a big club I hate the massive amount of contract negotiations I have to go through to renew all 50,455,417 scout's contracts before they expire

For this exact reason I try to 'stagger' coach contracts.

When, most of times, a player is sent off and is unabled to play for 3 games instead of only one. And a player that simulated a foul in FM07 sees a red card instead of a yellow card. And, to make things worse, the player is unabled to play for... 3 games.

moronic assman playing a player who had 20 minutes in a match the previous day.... resulting in a 5 month injury... thanks :p

I do wish my board would handle staff contracts tbh.

when you have green wage budget yet board give you naff all allowance to offer a contract to a player who wants one

Had a backroom advice meeting while I was playing last night.

Assistant manager 1st piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong should be taken off the loan list as I believe he has a role to play in the first team".

Assistant manager 2nd piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong's squad status should be changed from 'backup to the first team' to 'not needed by the club'".

Contradictory much??

Had a backroom advice meeting while I was playing last night.

Assistant manager 1st piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong should be taken off the loan list as I believe he has a role to play in the first team".

Assistant manager 2nd piece of advice: "Emmanuel Frimpong's squad status should be changed from 'backup to the first team' to 'not needed by the club'".

Contradictory much??

The backroom advice are mostly random.

Archived