FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Looking to start a long term game with a club with an awesome logo I would like to start lower leagues in either France, Germany or Spain, suggestion would be massively appreciated..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: Preferably Italy

Division: Any

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Attainable promotion when not in top league, relegation candidate if Serie A.

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter either

Finances: Doesn't matter though a team without a huge debt draining the finances would be nice

Other: I have been starting alot of saves as of lately only to scratch it in a couple of weeks. I would like a team with a player to build around (like Clemente at Perugia). Someone who is top class for the league but who is by no means among the world's best etc.

Pescara and build around Verratti? Promotion first season is achievable

]Nation: england

Division: Premier league

European Competition: - none

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): Relegation battle

Budget - a bit transfer budget if possible.

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in decent players

Finances: Preferrably a bit money available of necessary

Other: I am looking for a long term save with a side where I can worth with what I have and gradually improve the side. I have been thinking either Swansea or Norwich. But leaning towards Swansea as they have a healthy £5m budget ahead of norwichs £0.

Thoughts

Hello,

I'm having some problem to start a new game, the teams area boring.

My last team was Tottenham, Napoli, Newcastle, and now I want to start with a team that isn't in the top. I'm thinking in England, but Sampdoria from Italia is easy when you go to Serie A?

Nation: England

Division: Premiership

European Competition: Not important

Media Prediction: 11º to 20º

Board Expectation(s): Relegation battle or middle

Transfer Budget: 3M or more

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in decent players

Finances: Not important

Other: I want a challeging team, that can be in Europe in 2 seasons

Teams in my mind: WBA, Swans or Sampdoria from Italy.

thanks people.

WBA have some very decent player. I'd go with them.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe

Division: Top

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Don't mind

Board Expectation(s): Don't mind

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any really

I'm looking for a team with solid foundations that I can develop into a top side. Someone interesting, I'm open to anywhere in Europe if it has an interesting enough long term goal.

I would recommend Hoffenheim. A small club in retrospect as they are just a local village side that were taken over by business man Dietmar Hopp. Under his ownership they quickly rose through the ranks to the Bundesliga. They have achieved three mid-table finishes since then and now have a new stadium. A cracking save and being in Germany I feel it is the best league on the game.

So you are playing on the update. Well I have to say that I havent played with them since the update but even with them departing, that just increases the challenge which makes it more fun surely.

Yeah latest update. Yeah I suppose it would make it more of a challenge. I think I'm gonna give it a go, thanks for your suggestions mate. Shifting babel and cancelling lakic loan will be the first things I do, I love a tight wage structure.

Division: Blue Square Prem, League 2, League 1

Euro Comp: N/A

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation: Any

Transfer Budget: Very High

Wage Budget: Very High

Finances: Rich

Other: Looking for a team in any of them leagues with a wealthy chairman, not bothered were they are predicted to come in the league as long as they have money for me to invest, I am using a transfer update for the end of this season (eg lavezzi at psg, podolski at arsenal) cheers for any help

Want to start a game to see me through until the next FM, I can never get a long term save going and it does my head in!

Thinking about managing one of the big clubs in England, Italy, Spain or Germany but not too sure who to go with, Arsenal are my favorite team but I have no idea how to keep the save going!

Want to start a game to see me through until the next FM, I can never get a long term save going and it does my head in!

Thinking about managing one of the big clubs in England, Italy, Spain or Germany but not too sure who to go with, Arsenal are my favorite team but I have no idea how to keep the save going!

In Germany you've got Bayern who haven't won league in a couple of years, Dortmund who are champs and have some amazing young players, or teams like Bremen, Schalke and Stuttgart who all have decent bases to build on. Bundesliga is a lot of fun aswell, more open than other leagues as anyone in top 8 has some chance of winning the title.

I'm not sure what I want, need a fun game. Has to be in Europe but not in England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia or Spain. I'm open to pretty much any mid level country in Europe. Not bothered about finances, just something interesting. I've considered anything from shakhtar to hibs! Just need a push in the right direction. Thanks

Division: Blue Square Prem, League 2, League 1

Euro Comp: N/A

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation: Any

Transfer Budget: Very High

Wage Budget: Very High

Finances: Rich

Other: Looking for a team in any of them leagues with a wealthy chairman, not bothered were they are predicted to come in the league as long as they have money for me to invest, I am using a transfer update for the end of this season (eg lavezzi at psg, podolski at arsenal) cheers for any help

Crawley is your only option ;)

Division: Blue Square North or Blue Square South

European Competition: It doesn't matter

Media Prediction: It doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): It doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: It doesn't matter

Wage Budget: It doesn't matter

Finances: It doesn' matter

Other: I would like to manage a club that is possibly from a big city which has some history or has no history at all. I would like it to be a club that people more love than don't love (so, not like MK Dons, Millwall (sp?) etc.) Could be also an iconic club in some sense. Anyway just suggest me a club from those two leagues and give reasons why should I manage that club. Thank you in advance. Cheers. :)

Division: Blue Square North or Blue Square South

European Competition: It doesn't matter

Media Prediction: It doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): It doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: It doesn't matter

Wage Budget: It doesn't matter

Finances: It doesn' matter

Other: I would like to manage a club that is possibly from a big city which has some history or has no history at all. I would like it to be a club that people more love than don't love (so, not like MK Dons, Millwall (sp?) etc.) Could be also an iconic club in some sense. Anyway just suggest me a club from those two leagues and give reasons why should I manage that club. Thank you in advance. Cheers. :)

Anyone? :D

Want a club in the EU

Want the stadium to be able to be expanded to the 60k or more, if not there already, or a new stadium in a few years time

Want a club that is cable of making money

Don't want a top 10 club in Europe atm, but the potential to be that in a few years time

want a club with really good youth facilities/recrutment (that are able to produce newgens that will become good)

any one?

@edgar555 - PSV are my favorite team in Holland (would love a game with them if their stadium were 25k bigger), so it's a no to Ajax - Hate the Spanish min clause thing, so no to them also

@NothernGooner/SRL88 - I've a Bayern Munich game going, so it isn't going to be a German team - even though a like Werder, will they get a new stadium/have Weserstadium expanded to over 60k? + they haven't got the youth facilities that I want, never Hoffenheim hate them and their try to buy themself to succes

Nation:Any

Division:Any

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Top Half - Challenge for continental qualification

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a few players to compliment the system

Wage Budget:Same as above

Finances:As long as it isnt crippling debt im not to fussed

Currently trying to set up a very versatile fluid attacking system as seen here and want a team who would fit in well with that style of play. IM currently trialling it with Barca but they are strong enough to win games regardless of formation so looking for something a little more challenging. I thought Ajax but they are similar to Barca, big team in a small pond. Any ideas anyone?

Other:

Division: Premier League

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: 11-20

Board Expectation(s): avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: enough to buy a couple of players

Wage Budget: higher than current wage total

Finances: ok+

Other: I want to do a Premier League team who are going to be in a relegation battle, I was thinking Wigan but am not sure, I want the board/fans to be patient and give me a chance, don't turn on me if we are in relegation in October ect...

Want a club in the EU

Want the stadium to be able to be expanded to the 60k or more, if not there already, or a new stadium in a few years time

Want a club that is cable of making money

Don't want a top 10 club in Europe atm, but the potential to be that in a few years time

want a club with really good youth facilities/recrutment (that are able to produce newgens that will become good)

any one?

Real Sociadad in Spain

top facillities, stadium will get expanded year on year if your doing well and it will make money if you dont go mental on wages as its carrying one of, if no the lowest level of debt in the league.

key youngsters to build a team aroud, martinez at the back, irramendi (sp) and prieto (older but quality) in midefield and griezman out wide. finding a goal scorer can be a struggle for the first season.

media prediction of 16th but can get top 4 and cl football in the 1st season with some decent transfer moves.

most enjoyable saves ive had have been with these.

DKB - not sure on the stadium front but St Etienne or Auxerre have good youth set ups

I am currently in my longest save ever with Auxerre, my squad consists of only home grown players or players signed before they were 21 from French speaking nations. Took 8 Seasons and back to back champions league wins to talk the board into building a new Stadium, as the max capacity in the old ground is 21'379... the new one will only be 31k. They are always happy to upgrade the youth facilities and training facilities though.

Nation: European country

Division: any that I won't have to download

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: middle

Board Expectation(s): doesn't matter

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: good

Other: I'm sorry I don't give much information on what I want, I just don't care who I play as, as long as they aren't a top team or a bottom team.

Division: any that I won't have to download

Media Prediction: middle

Transfer Budget: any

Other: I'm sorry I don't give much information on what I want, I just don't care who I play as, as long as they aren't a top team or a bottom team.

Leeds United ?

Division: Top division of a high reputation league

Media Prediction: at least top half finish

Transfer Budget: at least 7 mill

Other: Looking for a team that I can turn into world beaters, a new Barcelona or Real Madrid! Also, in a fun league where there can be more than just 2 winners!

Germany is the league for you if you want a wide variety of winners. Stay away from Bayern obviously, but other sides include Monchengladbach, Schalke, Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Dortmund are all capible of winning the Bundesliga. Brilliant league.

It's the year 2017, I've already made Bordeaux into the best club in France, 4 straight league titles and a Europa League title.

Now I'm leaving for Spain... do I pick Sevilla or Espanyol?

Archived