The "Official" Tactic Request Thread - Can't find what you're looking for? ASK HERE!!

Hi. I have a problem with my rival's tactic 4-4-1-1. During every consultation with my employers, they warn me: "We have a problem to play against teams, those tactic will be 4-4-1-1." But nobody can tell me why is the problem only with this tactic and what can I do to annul this problem? Thanks...

Depends if they play narrow or not? if they play narrow use the flanks to exploit their gaps. If they play with wide players don't get your full backs to bombard forward, instead stay back and compact that midfield area to exploit through the middle.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

I am currently playing as velez in the argentinian league.

I am using Mr Hough's 4 1 2 3 unbeaten tactic -

however, despite having a more than decent squad, it is not going to plan - I am only 5th at the minute.

I have used this tactic pretty much for every club in the past 6 months (and in every league) with massive success.

what is so different about this league (I previosuly tried it with Banfield and was sacked)

any ideas?

Use a different tactic. Simple. Not every tactic will suit every club as the players will be different.

Hi there, i'm looking for some help in utilising a tactic for Bristol City, who I have managed to get promoted from the Championship into the Premier. Season 1 was all about consolidating, which I managed to and finished

10th. Season 2 I slightly improved and finished 8th after a few bargain buys. Season 3 I finished 6th and qualified for the Euro Cup. I'm now in Season 4 and this is where I'm struggling. I really need a tacic which is going to help slightly in levelling the odds against the bigger teams, who regularly, whatever tactic I use (and have tried many!!) give my team a spanking! I can't raid the transfer market because the new chairman has tightened the purse strings and is refusing to speculate on either the wage structure or to allow me to go shopping! So, basically I'm looking for a tactic which is at least going to give me half a chance!! Tall order I know, but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?? Any input would be appreciated!!

i am looking for the thread i had viewed sometime back . they explained how to derive the tactics of AI .. i forgot the procedure.. i know it has got something to do with the view option in the AI team's tactic bar

i am looking for the thread i had viewed sometime back . they explained how to derive the tactics of AI .. i forgot the procedure.. i know it has got something to do with the view option in the AI team's tactic bar

I'm not sure but there is a good thread or two based on this on the 1st and 2nd pages of the general forum mate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, my second post on this forum, but I hope you'll still help me.

I'm looking for a decent defensive tactic in FM2012 for Feyenoord to play against the bigger teams in europa. I haven't seen many defensive tactics.

I've always used a 4-2-3-1 from the tactic creator with zonal marking and a deep lying playmaker to connect the defence to the midfield. Great dutch football, but playing on the attack in a away match in europe, you'll lose with a team like Feyenoord. So i'm hoping to drag a draw or steal a victory out of those games with a defensive approach.

I was thinking:

4-5-1 ( Feyenoord / I don't have decent strikers a.t.m. )

Philosophy: Very Rigid

Starting Strategy: Counter

Passing Style: Shorter

Creative Freedom: More Disciplined

Closing Down: Stand-Off More

Tackling: Default

Marking: Man Marking

Crossing: Drill Crosses

Roaming: Stick To Position

Does something like this work? I don't know a lot about defensive tactics.

Thanks!

i would like something like tyerbodes 4-4-2 on fm09, i haven't played the game since fm09. basically where the tactics are consistantly succesful and easy to use, the filters are done for you and so are the training scheduals and recommendations on team tealks etc. all i have to is download everything and buy the right players using the filters. this may make me sound lazy but to be honest i like playing football manager for fun and to get get my beloved owls to champions league glory in as short a time as possible. if anyone could point me in the direction of a tactic and thread where everything is done for me then i would be most grateful thanks

@swfc92 i am also that kind of manager and i suggest you this thread...soon there will be an FM12 tactic...this guy create the most consistent/succesfull tactic in FM 11.3 a thing that was VERY difficult in the specific patch!

Looking for a tactic which is a under dog one that can be used for lower league teams or teams that don't have players of such great quality like the top clubs in europe . Currently playing with RC Lens and achieved promotion but I've lost my opening 2 in Lens' return to ligue 1 heavily . Oh this is for football manager 12 of course , I have no preference for formations but I just want a tactic that would help me reach beyond my wildest dreams with Lens . Thank you

Looking for a tactic which is a under dog one that can be used for lower league teams or teams that don't have players of such great quality like the top clubs in europe . Currently playing with RC Lens and achieved promotion but I've lost my opening 2 in Lens' return to ligue 1 heavily . Oh this is for football manager 12 of course , I have no preference for formations but I just want a tactic that would help me reach beyond my wildest dreams with Lens . Thank you

Try this one dude. Its got my league two squad into the championship and sitting in mid table with very average players. I'm thinking about starting a thread but for now ill just post it here.

formation is 4-4-2. The right CM is the playmaker, the right striker is the advanced forward. The left CM is the defensive midfielder and the left forward is the defensive forward.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zp6o0w

• 2 weeks later...

I play Juve. My tactic is 442 with AMR/L. I need help with players instruction for each position. So far i have set up like this:

GK - Buffon - Defend

DR - Lichtsteiner - FB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)

DL - De Ceglie - FB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)

DC - Samba and Chiellini - CB defend (with no individual changes in player instruction)

MC - Vidal and Pirlo or Marchisio CM defend (RFD - rearly, RWB - rearly, LS - rearly, TTB - sometimes, Cross - rearly) and CM support ( RFD - sometimes, RWB - sometimes, LS - sometimes, TTB - often, Cross - sometimes)

AMR/L - Krasic and Elia or Vucinic - Winger attack (RFD - sometimes, RWB - often, LS - rearly, TTB - often, Cross - sometimes, Cross from mixed, Cross aim far post, Wide play movie into chanels)

FC - Sow and Damiao - Poacher and DLF attack (with no individual changes in player instruction)

Team instructions: Rigid, Attack, Direct, Default, Default, Default, Zonal, Drill, Stick to position, Defensive line is set on 12 clicks, Wide is set on 5 clicks, Tempo is set on 11 clicks, other instructions is default.

• 2 weeks later...

looking for a 4 2-2-2 with 2 dmc wingers an 2 fast strikers

for my everton game i'm going to start.

howard

colman jags duffy baines

rodwell felliani

osman Billy

cahill Saha (saha to be sold for young fast striker)

going to sell most players over 30 with the plan of playing youth

barkley,duffy,colman,rodwell,baxter etc

for fm12.04

Thanks

Hey

I have won everything with different teams using offensive tactics usually downloaded from this forum. But now I would like to try some new....so I have just been hired as Juventus new Manager in the year 2022.

Now....I am looking for a tactic with a strong deffensive side, I would prefer 3 in the back, proberly with WB. I would like it to be defensive but it should be able to win also.

Any ideas ?????????

Thanx

Looking for a 4-3-3 which I can use with Leeds United, hopefully to gain promotion within the first season. Just using the default squad but want to try get the best out of Snodgrass.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing with Milan 1 season and of course I would play a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation .. So would like to have help putting together tactic so it becomes balanced. if anyone would like advice on roles and duty? do you play fluid attacking? I want to keep tactics as simple as possible without mass Constitution. grateful for the help

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bored of the same old tactic and want one that doesn't rely on pace and through balls. I want crosses to a big man, who then powers in a header. I want someone to hold the ball up, bring the midfield in. I want out and out wingers who are effective. A defence that works and just some fun back in my game.

Playing with a game with Lille, I'm currently in my 7th season and have won the league 5 times on the trot. Everything is going well with my tactics in domestic competitions but I come unstuck when I go up against bigger teams in the knockout stage of the Champions League (I have got through the group stage comfortably using my current tactics for the past 5 seasons) so I'm looking for a tactic which is a bit more defensive and looks to catch my opponents on the break. I currently play a 4-2-3-1 formation and I just can't seem to do anything against the bigger teams. Any help?

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 and I need a tactic that gets good use out of my central midfield. The rest of my team, I'm playing as Villa, are performing great,but my two CMs always have low ratings,no matter who I use or how I use them. I've used plenty of ideas I've found here,but nothing seems to work.

Does anybody have any ideas?