The Official General Database Editing Thread

Michael F

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question:

I'm creating a whole bunch of players and staff members. Can I just set their reputations in the editor and then just have the game decide their other attributes? That would be awesome because it would save a ton of time.

Thanks in advance!

Quick question:

I'm creating a whole bunch of players and staff members. Can I just set their reputations in the editor and then just have the game decide their other attributes? That would be awesome because it would save a ton of time.

Thanks in advance!

Correct, you answered your own question there!

I've created a Hålogaland breakaway republic database, which works perfectly on it's own. However, when I load both Hålogaland and Norway as playable countries, the game works perfectly until the Norwegian season update, when I get the "Array access out of bounds". What's wrong? Could it be awards or something stupid like that?

Hi! I'm italian..so apologize for my bad english...xD

My problem is simple...I've created the Anguilla's League (Anguilla is a state in central America). It's all ok...more or less...BUT there is a very bad problem! My team can't qualify for the continental league (that in America is called CONCACAF Champions League)!!! So I can play only my championship and it's very boring!!!

So what do I have to modify to be able to qualify Anguilla's team for the American Champions League??

(I use the official editor of course!)

Am currently editing the Latvian leagues which are not activated in the gamebut the general league structure is there. however the number of teams in one of the league is 12 but actually in real life is 14. my question is if i add the 2 teams would it overwrite the current data and still be playable or would i have to totaaly rebiuld the league from stratch?

hi i cant seem to find it anywhere but i'm looking for a database to be free of work permits. how can i go about this? i have searched around the data editor but i cant seem to find a way of switching it off? in fm08 and fm09 i was able to download a database that required no permits, but i cant for fm10. can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

I want to edit FC Omniworld, from the Dutch Jupiler League. I wanted to replace their staff en increase their balance and transfermoney. I set the balance to 50M (was 1M), the transfermoney to 25M (was 200k) and added a sugardaddy. When I start a new game, I do have the new staff, but the balance is 4,6M and transfermoney 11M. When I remove the sugardaddy, the balance is 200k and transfermoney 25M (as I wanted). What am I doing wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...

i've a couple of questions...

I've developed a new English system.

English Premier League A (10 Teams) 5 Relegated.

English Premier League B (10 Teams) 5 Promoted, 5 Relegated.

Then as normal except more promotion and relegation spots, and a little jig jag in the cups.

BUT.

How do i get the teams to come up with Reserve and Under-18 teams. They are absent. Do i have to manually add all the reserves and under-18 leagues into my system also? If yes. Is their a quick way of doing this?

Also is their a way to add new cup's like the Charity Shield. For example. I want the winner of league v fa cup winner, But i'd like a tie alongside it with the winner of premier league A & the winner from B. playing?

If i want less games in the league. I'e say for example the premiership played each other once instead of twice, Can i put a run-through of two seasons in a year or can i not change that?

and finally... All the awards weren't dished out after the first season. along with the season summary. How do i get them working in my new english system?

I have a problem which I hope someone can tell me how to fix:

I've created three separate regional databases, which pretty much splits Norway in different regions. The problem is that the new nationalities have players playing in the other leagues, which causes the game to crash upon viewing them.

Example:

Trond Olsen plays for Rosenborg (in Trøndelag region), but is from Hålogaland. When I try to view him, the game crashes. I have checked by searching the XML file, and he is only edited in the Hålogaland XML file.

What to do?

Also, this appears to happen slightly on random, when I make a new save, it happens with different players each time. Some times Trond Olsen causes the crash, other times he works perfectly, but other players cause crashes..

After checking the databases, it seems that the created cities, stadia and clubs all are having equal IDs across the borders.. Will have to try to sort that out I guess..

Hi, I've got what I hope is a very basic question. I am an English non-league fan and have added the leagues below BSN and BSS and that has worked fine (so far) but what I would like to know is how to add my own player pictures.

Now I know you can get picture packs but i'm not wanting that I would just like to know how to add one picture to a player at a time.

Thank you.

Richard

Hi, I am stuck with getting regional county cups to work in my Northern Ireland edit.

The problem is that I need to draw teams from all divisions but only if they fall into certain areas, yet even with defined boundaries in the editor all clubs end up playing in all counties cups.

Any hints please.

Cheers

HJ

Hello, first of all apologies if there has been a thread or a topic about this before - I couldn't find one but then again the search function is dire.

I was wondering if there is any way of making one of those 'free players' databases, where every single person is completely out of contract. It was once so easy on FM09 but the FM10 editor doesn't have the option to 'free all players/staff' like the old one did.

Any info much appreciated, thanks. :thup:

Hi. Sorry for my english, but hope someone can answer something I guess is a couple of easy questions for an experienced user. I have never used this editor before (but played fm for 17 years so experienced user).

I'm now waiting for the last patch and data update to start my next game. I plan to start in norwegian 2.div and know from the db that there's many u-19 players from my local teams missing, and I also think some stats on some players in these teams would need adjustments.

1)

My questions is: If I change stats on some players and add some new players to some of the teams and save the db so I get a file (hope I have understood this right). Can I somehow get this changes, and this new players into the game I will start at 10.3 or will I have to wait for the new patch before doing these changes?

2)

I also plan to download the african mega db for my game. Is there any chance that my new created players will have the same ID as some of the added african players in that db?

Hope someone can answer me (and easily tell me what to do)

Thank's in advance!

I was just wondering,

If SI Games aren't releasing a patch after January with all of the worlds transfers I would make my own patch with ALL of these transfers.

What, If SI aren't making a patch, would be the best program to use while editing my current 10.2 Patch?

Thankyou.

Just edited Great Britain into the Norfolk Republic, but when I go to add nation rules, I'm unable to see my nation in any list. I have FIFA member ticked as well as EU nation. Any ideas?

im haveing exactly the same issue, how did you solve this and does anyone know how to?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a problem which I hope someone can tell me how to fix:

I've created three separate regional databases, which pretty much splits Norway in different regions. The problem is that the new nationalities have players playing in the other leagues, which causes the game to crash upon viewing them.

Example:

Trond Olsen plays for Rosenborg (in Trøndelag region), but is from Hålogaland. When I try to view him, the game crashes. I have checked by searching the XML file, and he is only edited in the Hålogaland XML file.

What to do?

Hi. Sorry for my english, but hope someone can answer something I guess is a couple of easy questions for an experienced user. I have never used this editor before (but played fm for 17 years so experienced user).

I'm now waiting for the last patch and data update to start my next game. I plan to start in norwegian 2.div and know from the db that there's many u-19 players from my local teams missing, and I also think some stats on some players in these teams would need adjustments.

1)

My questions is: If I change stats on some players and add some new players to some of the teams and save the db so I get a file (hope I have understood this right). Can I somehow get this changes, and this new players into the game I will start at 10.3 or will I have to wait for the new patch before doing these changes?

2)

I also plan to download the african mega db for my game. Is there any chance that my new created players will have the same ID as some of the added african players in that db?

Hope someone can answer me (and easily tell me what to do)

Thank's in advance!

I think that's the problem for both of you: you have (or would have) duplicate unique IDs if you add separate databases that do the same thing. The fix for deallus is quite simple: make all your changes in one DB. For Apaco, it's a little more complicated since you didn't make the mega DB, but you should be able to work around it (perhaps by assigning new unique IDs to the players you created, which I'm assuming is a smaller number than the mega DB).

In my project, I thought of that and thus have had to expand the scope of the project in its entirety. It's kind of annoying, but it'll probably be worth the effort.

Hope this helps. :D

I've used the editor to create a new club to place in the blue square north. However not all of the editing is going into the game. The teams kits are not the ones I used the editor to create, they're just default blue and red away kit. The other thing that I noticed is that the edited chairman was created as a director and the game created a new chairman.

These are the only two problems i have noticed but annoying all the same, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2)

The game will reassign id numbers in the event of any clashes, so it is not a problem. Obviously there can be a knock-on effect on any custom facepacks which apply to these id numbers; for this, there is a workaround discussed in the FAQ thread.

Just edited Great Britain into the Norfolk Republic, but when I go to add nation rules, I'm unable to see my nation in any list. I have FIFA member ticked as well as EU nation. Any ideas?

Did you assign them to a continent also? I'd make sure all the info on the first two tabs (Details and Information) is filled in tbh.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Faroe Islands have 'Game Importance' set to 'Completely Useless' :D Hadn't noticed that one before!

Does anyone have a crash on the 15th of November 2009 after editing? Anyone know what this crash could be? Its always constant. I have created a scandinavian league and I dont know what the problem could be.

Crashes on a particular date are almost always down to a problem with a particular cup competition. See what games are being played on that date, and then check carefully all the details of the cup and entrants.

The classic crash dump for me has been where a team in a cup has no nation set. As soon as that club try to play their first cup match, the game crash dumps.

I try to add some awards... the editor seems to be very useful.. but in the game it's different.. because not all my adds work fine...

After many and many times probably I find out the way ... edit and star a game to see if it works...

I try many times to create this award :UEFA Best team of the year with editor!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Team_of_the_Year

but all the times in the games this award isnt'showed.....

Hey guys, quick question : I want to recreate the major european leagues with different (more strict) home grown rules. Now the problem i´m having : How do i find out the default settings for the league like price and TV money and stuff like that ?

Basically all i want to change are homegrown rules and want to copy everything else, just can´t find out where the hell to find it.

Hey guys, quick question : I want to recreate the major european leagues with different (more strict) home grown rules. Now the problem i´m having : How do i find out the default settings for the league like price and TV money and stuff like that ?

Basically all i want to change are homegrown rules and want to copy everything else, just can´t find out where the hell to find it.

You can find out these things in the Editor. Simply search for the country you want to find information about, and note down all the things you want to know.

You can find out these things in the Editor. Simply search for the country you want to find information about, and note down all the things you want to know.

actually you can´t, at least i´m not seeing it. Neither price money nor TV money is listed when looking at a league ...

Could you give a more detailed description of where to look ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am trying to create a 1995/1996 database, cos i loved that season, so i wanted to create the premiership with leeds and southampton back in the big time, with fulham and wigan right down to the old division 3. but i am having trouble setting up the leagues, originally i just put the teams into the reqiured leagues and renamed the leagues ie, the FA Premiership and Endsliegh Division one etc, but wen i loaded a new game i couldnt select the English nation to load up my new game, and and started think if it easier to creat 3 new divisions with the right teams in and delete the prem and coca-cola leagues and replace them with the leagues i have created, Can anyone help me on this any advise would be great .

Thanks

Mdbraddock

Hi, i am trying to create a 1995/1996 database, cos i loved that season, so i wanted to create the premiership with leeds and southampton back in the big time, with fulham and wigan right down to the old division 3. but i am having trouble setting up the leagues, originally i just put the teams into the reqiured leagues and renamed the leagues ie, the FA Premiership and Endsliegh Division one etc, but wen i loaded a new game i couldnt select the English nation to load up my new game, and and started think if it easier to creat 3 new divisions with the right teams in and delete the prem and coca-cola leagues and replace them with the leagues i have created, Can anyone help me on this any advise would be great .

Thanks

Mdbraddock

Did you make sure that all the leagues had the right number of teams? For example, the Prem is meant to have 20. So if you put 21 in, the English leagues wouldn't be available to select.

• SI Staff

Just spotted this thread, sorry. Can I point you guys in the direction of this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4847023#post4847023 Well, here is the info again...

Hi, I'm the US Head Researcher, but I don't claim to have much talent with XML files. Nonetheless, I've compiled a (presently) 20,000 change US/Canada document to add in the lower levels of the game here. Everything is fine....except.....

NCAA (College soccer).

So far I've entered 10 full conferences. The league is set up with U24 rules, and each team is set up with max age 24. There are presently no youth teams, and I have put each team in both their conference, but also in their conference as a regional division due to on-going issues with the movement of teams between seasons, which should NEVER happen. There's no prom/rel, and the conferences are fixed (not fluid like many regional lower divisions).

Here's the specific issues I'm having, I'd sincerely appreciate people helping out (I've had the team movement issue at the PDL and NPSL level as well). If you can help on one, or all, it would be welcome. I ran a 7 season soak test last night and these are the main issues, still:

#1 Teams are still changing conferences, despite me putting every move in the book to prevent that.

#2 Teams aren't generating regens. Do I need to add youth teams to help this?

#3 Teams aren't signing players who fit the league requirements (IE U24) - they're only signing older guys who can't play.

#4 Teams aren't releasing players who are 24+, they just sit there as INE

Obviously, some major hurdles there. Almost every team has all grey players after 7 seasons, and then about 10 who are INE due to being overage. No really one that is eligible for the team.

Thoughts? Solutions?

I do have a quick question, is there a way to create specific rules for additional competitions?

IE: Leave the Australia/A-League rules as is and create a different set of rules for the Semi-professional teams? So when playing teams from the VPL there competitions run over the calendar year and that a youth competitions runs along side of it?

I don't want to recreate Australia/or delete another country, I just want to run a second set of rules beside the default rules.

Regards

Ok here it goes, I've always liked editing the database to how it was in 02/03 (CM4). But when i change a non-player into a player and edit their history, the achievements section duplicates the date they joined the club i.e. it will have 1992 underneath the actual date if 27/11/1992, and happens for each time they change a club, and doesn't show any of the achievements in terms of winning cups etc. This also happens when i create a player, the related playing history is duplicated i.e. not just in the achievements section so the same season stats will be shown. Is this because of the way i edit it ?, after editing I 'merge' the editor file + database so that the changes take affect but this is when most of the errors happen it seems. Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

Archived