GK Coaches

Tony Parks, ENG, Spurs

Bobby Mimms, ENG, Blackburn

Physios

Jesus Angel Santos, ESP, Castilla

Jaume Langa, ESP, Barcelona B

Roger Giornes, ESP, Barcelona B

Dimas, ESP, Sevilla Atletico

Jordi Escura, AND, Benavent (also one of my CB)

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

+ Brought in all the English staff as I know who they are

+ Brought in the Spanish staff in it's the main language and they are all quite young

+ Brought in the Andorian staff as it's the national side

+ Brought in the Romanian coach as I know his capabilities from my AC save

Kazhakstan is the first game in 2 weeks at away, followed by England at home.

Pretty much got my squad together - Going with a 23 man team

Will play either of these formations;

GK

LB--CB--CB--RB

DM

CM--CM

AM

ST--ST

GK

CB--CB--CB

WBL--WBR

CM--CM

AM

ST--ST

It's the summer of 2012 right after Euros which were won by France. A lot of managers got sacked or resigned among them Domenech of France and Lippi of Italy. I'm currently managing Barcelona but thought of taking a job as a national manager as well.

Which would you take: France or Italy? (I've never managed a national team before).

I wouldnt mind managing Club + Country.

Im currently at Leeds United just been promoted to The Championship after winning League 1, but if an International Job comes up, ill happily take it. After my recent League 1 Success im sure I may be able to have some International Success.

Even though its possibly one of the easiest international things to win i'm still quite proud of winning the Copa America as my first international cup \o/

Who are you managing?

Copa América is only easy if you manage Brazil or Argentina, otherwise it's hard as you normally have to beat at least one of those two to win the title.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll update you guys on my Cyprus managerial career .

This wonderful goal from Makridis sealed a 1-1 draw with Italy:

Makridis1.jpg

Makridis2.jpg

Makridis3-1.jpg

Cyprus-Italy.jpg

After that, I played a friendly against Libya ( I can't fit in anymore screenshots but I won 4-1).

Obviously the draw against Italy is a magnificent victory for a small footballing nation. I played a 5-4-1 originally, which held Italy for 60 mins but when they scored, I switched to 4-4-2.

As for Libya, I scored 3 early goals and then stopped paying attention to the match so I failed to realize they had changed their tactics and were attacking more. The goal they scored was from 25 yards out and had more swerve than any goal I've ever seen so not much could be done.

It's Georgia away next, which I should edge out and win. I find with Cyprus, I pull of draws against the likes of Italy and beat the likes of Montenegro but lose against the likes of Georgia.

I've done a good job of getting good staff members in. I've kept the majority of them Cypriot, but I picked up Tony Whelan and a Brazilian coach from Aris who has high Scout ratings to keep up with my players playing in Greece.

I love International Management, because you are stuck with the players you are given. You can't go out and spend 15M on a new one. Although it can get abit boring, I find because there are less games, I spend alot more time on tactics and tweaking everything which helps me understand the game better.

3rd or 4th season as real madrid was offered england job, won the euro cup confederations cup and the world cup :) Currently unbeaten since ive taken over. Best manager in footballs history now :p Not bad for a 36 year old :O

Just taken the Ghana job 2 months before the 2010 World Cup on my Newcastle save. Had one friendly before the World Cup against Estonia which I won 3-1. Looking forward to the World Cup, hoping for a good showing! Will update once the World Cup gets underway.....although the squad is reasonable I have a very poor strike force.

Results as Cyprus since the draw with Italy:

A: 0-2 Georgia = I got the tactics completely wrong here, my fault.

A: 0-2 Ireland = They scored from a free kick and a corner, not much I could do.

H: 2-1 Belarus = Dominated possesion, did well.

H: 4-1 Georgia = It was 4-1 at HT and I cooled off and rested my good players for the 2nd. Very good performance.

I've got Bulgaria away next :( If I somehow won I'd move to 3rd in the group, 2 points behind a qualification spot, but I won't win)

Just started a new save as coach of Andorra :D Looking forward to the challenge fo qualifying for the world cup but obviously not expecting anything.

Just looking at staff now. Will keep you all posted on my progress

Just started a new save as coach of Andorra :D Looking forward to the challenge fo qualifying for the world cup but obviously not expecting anything.

Just looking at staff now. Will keep you all posted on my progress

International Management is fun isn't it? I find I spend so much more time on tactics because there are less games, and I understand the game so much better now.

What leagues did you load for Andorra?

I'll let you know wether its fun or not soon :D

I think I loaded England - Championship lowest

Spain - bottom league

France - national lowest

Also I loaded players from andorra, france and spain.

Who knows how long ill last and who ill coach next.

Thats not bad stats for Andorra good work.

I have my first match in charge against Kazachstan, or however its spelt, now

Lost 1-0 but we really should of scored 3, if only they could finish. Thats our qualifying campaign over after 1 game, coul and should of won. Kazachstan didn't trouble us really at all apart from the goal

Sadly my Ivory Coast team was knocked out of the WC after the group stages =( I did have a very hard group though, and I believe we played well our last 2 games.

Group:

England - lost 6-2: I completely screwed up the tactics and screwed my team.

USA - Win 1-0: Good win, dominated the game, happy with result.

Argentina - Draw 1-1: We played amazing against the number 1 team in the world who was supposed to crush us. We were up 1-0 until the 84th minute when Aguero pulled one back for them :( It actually should of been a win, as we dominated shots and CCCs and we definetly should of scored more, so I'm a little dissapointed with that. Also dissapointed that we didnt make it through, because if we won that argentina game we were through.

Might resign, not sure if i'll be sacked or not. Overall was a fun international experience though.

Even if I did win I would of had to play Italy, but it still would of been nice to advance in this tough group.

second game against England, managed to keep it down to just 4 goals, obviously wasn't expecting anything out of it

can't see us picking up any points to be honest just getting a couple of goals would be nice :D

Lost 1-0 but we really should of scored 3, if only they could finish. Thats our qualifying campaign over after 1 game, coul and should of won. Kazachstan didn't trouble us really at all apart from the goal

You've made it very hard for yourself by picking a team that will be lucky to get a point out of qualification :(

If you do get fed up, don't give up on International Management completely. Here's a couple of good suggestions for teams:

1) Wales - Bring WC football to Wales would be a very big. Some decent young players.

2) Turkey - Despite having a good squad, they have never won anything and WC qualification will still be a challenge. Possibility of big success here.

3) Greece - Try and repeat Euro 2004. Team of solid players and some exciting young prospects like Ninis, Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Sokratis Papastathopoulos (all have a very high PA).

4) China - Playing as any Asian team would be fun. There is a bunch of hidden talent in China, and it will be up to you to find it and get results for this big nation.

:cool:

i only just found this thread otherwise i would have been keeping you all up to date with my international career.

A brief summary; first job Croatia - resigned after 2 matches as my heart just wasnt in it. drew 2-2 with scotland and lost 1-0 v ireland.

then was appraoched by portugal, at the start of the WCQ, i ended with a record of W6 D2 L2 and finished the group 2nd behind poland. i remember having to win my last game against bosnia to overtake them into 2nd to have a chance. i got serbia in the playoffs,

1st leg 1-1a

2nd leg 3-1h

went through 4-2 on agg

world cup: had a torid time in the group.

mexico 0-0

brazil 1-3

new zealand 3-1

managed to get through cos mexico drew with new zealand leaving them on 2 points.

2nd round v holland 1-0 solid performance

qtrs v france 1-0 win again against a top french team (could i actually do it?)

semi v italy 2-2 managed to win the penalties 5-3 :D

final v brazil got hammered in the group by them but i was here and had a chance....

...not much of a chance as it turned out seeing that the finals were being held in brazil and the final was in the maracana, lost 3-1. was outplayed if i'm honest.

resigned straight after the finals and got offered the italian job a few weeks later, which i took. lost my first 2 euro champs qualifiers to macedonia and turkey before winning 5 out of my next 6. a 2-1 defeat again to turkey turned out to be my last game as brazil approached me and i couldnt turn it down. never been able to manage brazil ever before in any cm/fm game!

started at the start of the WCQ (sam) winning 14 and drawing 1 of my first 15 games including a 4-1 win against argentina. lost 2 of my last 3 qualifiers though away to argentina and peru :(

into the finals i went then after removing all players and picking my team from scratch with no bias whatsoever.

a final warm up friendly against japan saw i quite surprisingly open game and a 5-3 win for me wasnt exactly the morale boost i was looking for. was draw in group A against ghana, costa rica and slovenia.

ghana - 1-0 fairly comfortable win.

costa rica - 2-0 comfortable again and very solid at the back not giving many chances at all away.

slovenia - 2-0 again a good win considering they had beaten the other 2 in the group comfrtably 2-1 and 3-0.

2nd round: columbia - 1-0 not as comfortable as i would have liked after beating them both times in qualifying well.

qtrs: ukraine - 1-0 again and i had to wait until the 118th minute for the winner, though comfortable throughout the match i couldnt break them down.

semi: czech republic toughest game yet conceding my first goal of the final and going 1-0 down only to get a lucky og in 1st half stoppage time. my faith in alex teixeira was repayed with a 71st minute freekick. after playing no part in the qualifiers he had been integral to my team in the finals. with only 2 mins left+ stoppage i made 2 subs only to find when i clickd confirm the czechs had equalised. i'd MISSED the goal. so extra time and most definately the toughest game , i though it was curtains after that and didnt fancy pens at all. i neednt have worried though as teixiera again popped up in the 121st minute to win it in dramatic fashion after a classic brazilian build up.

i had done it again i was in the world cup final.

France won the other semi 2-0 versus spain.

The final was won in the first half when a 'you can win this' teamtalk before the match inspired my team to an astonishing game were they restricted france to only 5 shot all game and only one of them was on target. 2 goals in the first half from daniel alves (35) and diogo (favoured all tournament ahead of hulk and pato) gave my team victory and the WORLD CUP.

teixiera and diogo were just two of the names in the dream team and by far the most important in helping brazil win it.

27807141.jpg

Theres only one job for me now, the england job.

italy have just come in for me again but ive turned them down and i'm contempating resigning from brazil on top.

Well, I didn't qualify for the WC but the good thing is I have moved up the rankings significantly.

However, my Euro 2010 qualification group is just unfair. There are some REALLY easy groups, ones in which I could easily qualify and the one I have been drawn in has:

England

Czech Republic

Ireland

Switzerland

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Andorra

:(

Compare this to the group made up of:

Spain

Denmark

and then not so strong countries like FYROM, San Marino and Azerbaijan :(.

^ Looks like you've got a great career going. Is this an international management only career?

Well done on the WC, I have never won it on FM. What formation did you play in the Final?

Hi!

i played a 4-2-3-1 formation, the one liverpool start the game with, but i modified it with barrows on all the midfielders. seems to work well, as you can see i dont concede much nor do i give away many chances, its pretty solid. that 5-3 against japan was the most ive conceded with only argentina and czech rep scoring 2 against me.

thats a tough group dude! you could easinly lose to all of them bar andorra, gl though :)

My Ghana team were knocked out of WC '10 - had a really tough group of Argentina, France & Mexico. Lost 2-1 to Argentina & Mexico and managed to beat France 1-0. Overall pleased with my efforts but since resigned and looking to get back into club management....

You've made it very hard for yourself by picking a team that will be lucky to get a point out of qualification :(

If you do get fed up, don't give up on International Management completely. Here's a couple of good suggestions for teams:

1) Wales - Bring WC football to Wales would be a very big. Some decent young players.

2) Turkey - Despite having a good squad, they have never won anything and WC qualification will still be a challenge. Possibility of big success here.

3) Greece - Try and repeat Euro 2004. Team of solid players and some exciting young prospects like Ninis, Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Sokratis Papastathopoulos (all have a very high PA).

4) China - Playing as any Asian team would be fun. There is a bunch of hidden talent in China, and it will be up to you to find it and get results for this big nation.

I know I have made it hard mate thats the plan :D I love a god challenge. I prob will get bored eventually but I shall keep going until I am sacked or offered a better country

Just started my WCQ campaign. I'm in group 3 with bulgaria, greece, bosnia, san marino and cyprus.

the only real players left are walcott, rooney (35), richards, carson and ashley young.

first 3 games,

Greece 2-0 home win and a good solid start, employing a 4-4-2

Bulgaria 1-1a late equaliser cost me. serves me right for not using my subs.

San marino 3-0a not a great score but a wins a win.

walcott has scored in all 3 games and is looking good playing up front.

Also I remember a challenge from FM07 which I will mention.

Random Country Challenge.

Get a random number generator to give you a number between 1-210 or however many nations are on the game. Then whatever number you get takeover the nation with that number as their FIFA ranking. Assuming that country has enough players/staff to let you manage them.

It was good fun does anyone remember this challenge?

Whats the best way to scout a country for the top players? I have been judging their skills individually after choosing all the players with a salary over 100k (50k for young players) but I wanna know the best way to create a big squad to read from

I would say get an idea of the stats you are looking for in each position and make up filters. Maybe bring your ideal stat requirements down a point or 2 on some things as there wont be as much choice for the manager of a country as a regular club side.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive started a new game & Ive decided to be Reunion manager 4 a challenge & Ive only added the Reunion players as extra nations for players so any help would be greatly appreciated.

What leagues have you loaded anyway?

If I were you I'd just park the bus each game :D.

Im going to start a new international managment game with Wales, and although it will be a challenge, they have some very good promising young players, i will post on how i get on. Just wondering, at the beggining of the game is there any nations without a manager? many thanks and wish me luck.

Just wondering if anyone has decided to do the impossible and actually achieve something with Malta? I managed them and just missed out on wc qualification although i got a nice 3-0 against Portugal thanks to Mifsud and Schembri :D

Anyone had any luck ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one year away from hosting the European Championship as England

After 8 years managing Aston villa, I thought I'd try & juggle Club & International duties..

So far so good I think.

Took over right after 2016 European Championship and almost didn't qualify for the world cup.

Only a win against Greece in the 2nd place playoff securted my spot.

I went on to the Quarterfinals only to lose out to eventual winners France.

As I'm hosting the European Chamionship I don't go throguh the qualifiers so friendlies are important.

I have already dropped from 4th - 10th. but look to go back up with wins against Ecuador & Argentina this September.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Archived