FM 09 Official International Management Guide

tcoleman1

If you’re going to play that defensive, then you'll obviously need to focus on players with good defensive attributes for the back line and the two DM's. For the wingers you'd ideally want them to have good acceleration, passing, off the ball, creativity, dribbling and crossing.

Your two strikers, are they TM instructions? Or more rounded striker instructions?

Looks an interesting challenge, good luck. :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just managed Wales, and they were first in Group 9 that contains

Germany

Russia

Finland

Azerbaijan

Liechenstein

Me - Wales

Here are the results before i Took charge:

Azerbaijan H 3-0

Russia A 0-3

Liechenstein H 4-0

Germany A 1-0!!!!!!!!!

So very early but doing very well, I've played 3 matches so far, got Robbie Savage out of retirement, forgot to pick him, he quit again(Not that fussed about).

Replaced James Wilson, Joe Allen, Jason Brown a Rob Edwards with Brian Stock, David Edwards, Robert Earnshaw a Ashley Williams.

My roughly main starting 11 would be:

Boaz Myhill

Sam Ricketts, Danny Gabbidon, James Collins, Gareth Bale

Carl Fletcher

Jason Koumas, Jack Collison, Simon Davies

Craig Bellmamy, Eastwood(Earnshaw, Vokes, Evans)

My results:

N Friendly - Poland - 1-0 - James Collins - A good result against a solid side.

H Qualifying - Finland - 1-0 - Bellamy - A vital result

H Qualifying - Germany - 3-1 - Eastwood, Collins(2) - The double, huge side, great comeback, great result.

So 3 in 3.

Thing is with Wales you don't have that much quality as backups, there's some who can do well but not enough Strength in Depth. Quite a bad nation at the moment but promising youth(Bale, Ramey, Gunter, Collison, Vokes, Evans, Hennessey, Allen) etc etc. So qualifying wasn't my aim even if I started at first place. Now with 2 qualifying wins against two tough teams I'm feeling good. 3 points ahead of Russia a Germany still isn't huge but it's better than being even. We still have tough games coming up:

Fixtures:

A Azerbaijan - Qualifying - Must win game a win would be vital to maintain first place.

A Finland - Qualifying - Crunch game, beating them home was tough but I was new, a win would be very very good.

H Russia - Qualifying - If we can beat Germany we can beat Russia, a draw would be welcome.

A Liechenstein - Qualifying - No slip ups.

In the middle of this Germany still need to play Russia, a draw here would be great, we also need to play Romania in a friendly away, if we can win it would be confidence boost. Play offs would be welcome as well, going to the World Cup would be amazing and by then the youth will be more experienced and older.

Any tips would be very welcome, or support, whatever.

and also how do i get to manage san marino as a nation? Ballinisahabbit what skin is that?

I believe you have to load all players from San Marino. That's what i used to do to use Malta.

Will be posting here if i get the Maltese job on my Catania save.

Just started my San Marino game now. Board are expecting me just not to 'embarrass' the nation.

Looking at the team i feel hopefully to qualify with the likes of - Czech Republic, N.Ireland, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia i feel i could mount a challenge.

Have just moved into a my first ever house :) so wont be clocking up to much game time, but will try my best.

Anybody know what Skin 'Ballinisahabit' is using in the above post?

Archived