Manager PPMs

Dec 2004 when I came up with it icon_smile.gif

Hi Guys, I have been having some thoughts on this and I think this could be a good extension of Manager AI. They are like the PPM's we have given to players but these are based on the transfer side of the Manager.

All my work is done on Premier League Managers but I am sure you can adapt them to other leagues.

Wenger - Likes to buy hugely talented youngsters (Buying tendancies)

- Only pays big money for extremely talented and high potential players (Buying Strategy)

Ferguson - Likes to break transfer record (Buying tendancies)

- Prefers to develop youth through club (Buying strategy)

Mourinho - Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Buying tendancies)

- Has a fixed squad policy 2 players for each position plus a few talented youngsters (Buying Strategy)

Redknapp - Likes to sign big name free transfers (Buying tendancies)

- Will try and sign experienced players with the odd talented youngster (Buying Strategy)

McLaren - Likes to buy big name players (Buying Tendancies)

- Will try and sign foregin players (Buying strategy)

Bruce - Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Buying tendancies)

- Likes to sign consistent experienced talented players (Buying strategy)

Souness - Will gamble on players with unproven records (Buying tendancies)

- ??

Moyes - Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Buying Tendancies)

- Will try and sign experienced players with the odd talented youngster (Buying Strategy)

Santini - Likes to buy young talented British players and proven foreign players (Buying Tendancies)

- Likes to sign players comfortable on the ball (Buying Strategy)

Hughes - ??

- ??

O'Leary - Likes to sign reliable professionals (Buying Tendancies)

Megson - Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Buying Tendancies)

Allardyce - Likes to sign players who have had carreers falter (Buying tendancies)

Wigley - ??

- ??

Keegan - Will spend whatever money he has on attack minded players (Buying Tendancies)

- No apparent strategy is with him, panic buys (Buying Strategy)

Worthington - Likes to sign high pace and flair attacking players (Buying Tendancies)

Different MPM's

Buying Tendancies

Likes to buy hugely talented youngsters (Factors involved: PA 170+, age <24)

Likes to break domestic transfer record (>£28.1m, English based player CA 180+)

Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Teamwork, Workrate >16, CA/PA >150)

Likes to sign big name free transfers (CA >140)

Likes to buy big name players (Current Reputation >140)

Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Ambition >13, Professionalism >14)

Likes to buy young talented British players and proven foreign players (English Nationality, >PA 150, >CA 150)

Likes to sign reliable professionals (Consistency >14, Professionalism >14)

Will spend whatever money he has on attack minded players (AM/F RLC >15)

Likes to sign high pace and flair attacking players (Pace >14, Flair >13)

Buying Strategy

Only pays big money for extremely talented and high potential players (>£15m, >CA/PA 170)

Prefers to develop youth through club (<18, PA >150)

Has a fixed squad policy 2 players for each position plus a few talented youngsters (First team squad equals 25 players)

Will try and sign experienced players with the odd talented youngster (Age >27, CA >135, Age <23, PA >145)

Will try and sign foreign players (Nationality: Not British)

Likes to sign consistent experienced talented players (Consistency >14, Professionalism >14, Age >25)

Likes to sign players comfortable on the ball (Technique >14, First Touch >12, Passing >13)

No apparent strategy is with him, panic buys (As transfer deadline approaches will buy anyone who is available and in budget)

Lower League MPM's

Likes to loan players from higher division Teams

Try to sign released youth players from higher division teams

Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Dec 2004 when I came up with it icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hi Guys, I have been having some thoughts on this and I think this could be a good extension of Manager AI. They are like the PPM's we have given to players but these are based on the transfer side of the Manager.

All my work is done on Premier League Managers but I am sure you can adapt them to other leagues.

Wenger - Likes to buy hugely talented youngsters (Buying tendancies)

- Only pays big money for extremely talented and high potential players (Buying Strategy)

Ferguson - Likes to break transfer record (Buying tendancies)

- Prefers to develop youth through club (Buying strategy)

Mourinho - Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Buying tendancies)

- Has a fixed squad policy 2 players for each position plus a few talented youngsters (Buying Strategy)

Redknapp - Likes to sign big name free transfers (Buying tendancies)

McLaren - Likes to buy big name players (Buying Tendancies)

- Will try and sign foregin players (Buying strategy)

Bruce - Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Buying tendancies)

- Likes to sign consistent experienced talented players (Buying strategy)

Souness - Will gamble on players with unproven records (Buying tendancies)

- ??

Moyes - Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Buying Tendancies)

Santini - Likes to buy young talented British players and proven foreign players (Buying Tendancies)

- Likes to sign players comfortable on the ball (Buying Strategy)

Hughes - ??

- ??

O'Leary - Likes to sign reliable professionals (Buying Tendancies)

Megson - Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Buying Tendancies)

Allardyce - Likes to sign players who have had carreers falter (Buying tendancies)

Wigley - ??

- ??

Keegan - Will spend whatever money he has on attack minded players (Buying Tendancies)

- No apparent strategy is with him, panic buys (Buying Strategy)

Worthington - Likes to sign high pace and flair attacking players (Buying Tendancies)

Different MPM's

Buying Tendancies

Likes to buy hugely talented youngsters (Factors involved: PA 170+, age <24)

Likes to break domestic transfer record (>£28.1m, English based player CA 180+)

Likes to buy hard working team orientated talented players (Teamwork, Workrate >16, CA/PA >150)

Likes to sign big name free transfers (CA >140)

Likes to buy big name players (Current Reputation >140)

Likes to buy hungry and disciplined players (Ambition >13, Professionalism >14)

Likes to buy young talented British players and proven foreign players (English Nationality, >PA 150, >CA 150)

Likes to sign reliable professionals (Consistency >14, Professionalism >14)

Will spend whatever money he has on attack minded players (AM/F RLC >15)

Likes to sign high pace and flair attacking players (Pace >14, Flair >13)

Buying Strategy

Only pays big money for extremely talented and high potential players (>£15m, >CA/PA 170)

Prefers to develop youth through club (<18, PA >150)

Has a fixed squad policy 2 players for each position plus a few talented youngsters (First team squad equals 25 players)

Will try and sign experienced players with the odd talented youngster (Age >27, CA >135, Age <23, PA >145)

Will try and sign foreign players (Nationality: Not British)

Likes to sign consistent experienced talented players (Consistency >14, Professionalism >14, Age >25)

Likes to sign players comfortable on the ball (Technique >14, First Touch >12, Passing >13)

No apparent strategy is with him, panic buys (As transfer deadline approaches will buy anyone who is available and in budget)

Lower League MPM's

Likes to loan players from higher division Teams

Try to sign released youth players from higher division teams

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats some good ideas..

I feel something like this will improve the game a lot and move it foward..

Only if it is implemeted correctly... icon14.gif

Originally posted by sirdez24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desmond-Norman mcphilfordsonboratnice2no:

next one would be:

Gary Megson-

Likes to get relegated

<STRIKE>Nigel Quashie</STRIKE> Drewe Broughton could have this as a player one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Si BHA:

Additionally something like 'Play Kids In League Cup' probably wouldn't be applicable if Ferguson moved to another club where the competition was more important.

It could be "tends to play youngsters in minor competitions".

Guest barisc

icon14.gificon14.gif

And I'd like to repeat my dream about fans' attributes and hope for better implemented and demonstrated chairman/board attributes

• 1 month later...
Good idea but would you still be able to do it for all lower league managers? Also, some managers are bound to recieve the same PPMs.

There are researchers for other clubs you know, there would be no problem with it.

Some players recieve the same PPMs, there's nothing wrong with it.

this is one of the best ideas i've come across on these forums, especially as this would have a huge impact on manager interaction, etc. for instance, in the game managers never criticise the officials after the game, but different managers could have "always criticises officials" (eg SAF), "never criticises officials", and the rest could be neutral. as it stands, i think i've only seen a manager criticise the ref 2-3 times in fm08

Oh yeah this is a fantastic idea. I really, really like this. Some I can think of off the top of my head:

Stuart Pearce: Never criticises officials

Roy Keane/Arsene Wenger: Likes to sign countrymen (or words to that effect)

Mark Stimson: Does not tolerate prima donas (Gills manager who has a penchant for lower league players)

Sir Alex Ferguson: Likes to try mind games

Mark Hughes: Likes to criticise officials

Arsene Wenger: Protects his players at all costs (rarely criticises his own players)

Arsene Wenger: Likes to buy players with a low reputation

McClown: Likes to hide under umbrellas.

Anyway, this is a top, top idea. I really like it.

I think this is truly a wonderful idea. I would like to add some characteristics for Dutch managers if you don't mind:

- Marco Van Basten: Dislikes players with a high reputation, and/or players that comment a lot through the media.

- Bert Van Marwijk: Rarely makes substitutions and if he does it's very late in the game. His teams always play at a slow tempo.

- Gertjan Verbeek: Makes his teams do a lot of fitness training and believes attack is the best defense.

- Huub Stevens: VERY high squad discipline.

- Louis Van Gaal: Never criticizes himself or his own team but argues with everybody else. (you could call him the Dutch Mourinho. In fact Mourinho was his assistent at Barca for a while)

- Willem van Hanegem: Has a very "down to earth" way of coaching. I don't really know how to explain that one. He has a very unique type of common sense. Has a strong tendency to buy Moroccan players.

• 2 months later...

Nice idea!

It could be added fairly easily from the actions the managers do (including human managers) not from the hidden attributes. Wouldn't need much intrusive altering of the AI, just a means to track what the AI already does (although it could expose weaknesses in the AI...) It's probably then work in FML and in a FM game with a few human managers....

You'd also be able to provoke managers and see what their response does to their reputation.... as per Kevin Keegan!

lol so ture (above)

welcome to the forums by the way!!!

i think it would be great when you are setting your manager up at the start of the game to choose like 3 or 4 options from things like:

prefers to sign youngsters

likes to mock other managers/ play mind games

tends to keep similar squad each game

etc etc....

i love this idea! one of the best ive seen in a while in my eyes!

Adding them for yourself is a bad idea. Just do them! What will a string of text saying you do them actually do?

if you said you like to sign youth players, maybe there could be more emphasis on the youth players or something- i dont know! got a bit carried away!

guess it would be better to play the game, and if you usually buy younger players, it will add to you manager PPM's list!

Archived