• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am i sad???

The wife and i supposed to be going to her parents on xmas day but i have decided christmas eve im going to fall ill so i hav all xmas day for fm,, sad or what hahaha

In reply i would say yes you sound like a saddo. Not because you might want a game or 2 of football manager........but you say ''all xmas day for fm''.....that my friend is very sad.

BOLLIX I'm going to the mates for xmas dinner and hes coming to ours boxing day, and he plays it to so we can have a challenge match! No FM on Xmas day?

Weirdos!

I asked for it from santa but he was an arse and said i couldn't have til 25th Dec so i bought it on release day instead.

I am in the process of rewriting Away in a manger to coincide with FM

Sorry, but Christmas is time for family so I do think you are a little sad. I will be taking a few weeks off FM over the period for Christmas and exam revision. I haven't given up FM yet but will after this weekend I probably will. I hate my Uni for giving my exams straight after Christmas.

Christmas is simply the worst time of the year. The weathers crap, you get forced to see people you don't like and you get bombraded with crap adverts selling cheap rubbish. You basically get bullied into buying junk for people when you know that within in a week they will have forgotten about, or taken it back. It's no more then a corporate whore.

And all this season of goodwill crap. How about trying it all year round? Personally, on Christmas Day, I plan on a playing FM up until dinner, and then, after that, getting so drunk that by the time my Aunt and her family come round in the evening, I'm semi comatosed so that I am oblivious to their existence. I chose not to see them all year round so what makes them think I want to see them on Christmas?

It's a sad state when people are playing FM over seeing family and loved ones. Xmas day is probably my favourite day of the year because it's the only time I see my entire family together.

The only video games I will be playing is Lips and You're In The Movies.

I'll almost certainly be on FM on christmas day, but I'll still manage to see the family, spend a couple of hours down the pub etc. Quite often on christmas day there is a huge lull of free time where its either sit down and watch only fools and horses/royale family etc etc. And they are good for a few years, but sooner or later you need something else.

Christmas day 3pm - 8pm = the most boring 5 hours of the year and ideal FM time.

It's posts like this that actually make me glad to be single. If I want to FM all day on Christmas, then dammit, I will.

I'm going to the parents' place to open gifts, then taking my stuff back to my house, so there will definitely be some FM played (probably quite drunkenly as the day goes on).

I think Christmas Day is the only day of the year that I don't think about FM.

My routine is usually:

Get up

Gape at pressies

Sit with me mum and watch Xmas telly

While mum's stuffing the chicken (we like chicken more than turkey, it's more succulent :D ), I watch more Xmas telly

Wander off to gape at previously mentioned pressies a bit more

Xmas din-dins

Then a mixture of more pressie time and wandering into the front room to spend time with me mum to watch more Xmas telly with her

Mum goes to bed, and I finally get into my pressies properly

I don't think about playing FM until at least Boxing Day, and even then it might be left running in the background while I'm spending more attention on any new stuff I've got.

The only time I've ever spent a full family Xmas was in 1995 when I was 14. There was me, my mum, my Nan, my brother, and my uncle and auntie (who I'd never met before) who came over from Australia. That was the best Christmas of my life, and I hardly remember a single present that I got apart from the pewter wombat keyring my uncle and auntie gave me (and I still have it). It was purely great because of the people I spent Xmas with.

Sadly, since then, the members of my family have drifted apart - either moved away, or sadly in my uncle's case, passed away. That was the only time I met him and I never met him since - he was brill.

So have second thoughts - if you're seriously considering just sitting at home with FM on Xmas day when you could be with your family, think about it a bit more because it really should be about being with loved ones and having a good time with them. In my case, it was the only time I got to meet my uncle and auntie - if I'd stayed at home (which there's no way I would've done anyway, but I was a bit nervous meeting them), that never would've happened and I would be completely regretting not going.

When I was younger, Christmas Day was FM day. Well, it was CM day. I'd unwrap it at about 5am and play it 'til 4pm when we'd go round to my aunty's for dinner. Then I'd come home about 2 or 3am and get back on the computer. I miss those days. I never noticed any bugs back then.

When I was younger, Christmas Day was FM day. Well, it was CM day. I'd unwrap it at about 5am and play it 'til 4pm when we'd go round to my aunty's for dinner. Then I'd come home about 2 or 3am and get back on the computer. I miss those days. I never noticed any bugs back then.

*chortle* :D

Call me paranoid, but am I being chortled at because there's something silly in what I just said?

I wasn't too sure if you meant to be ironic or not. Just found it funny that you said "I miss those days. I never noticed any bugs back then" next to each other, like the game's practically riddled with them now. :p

Edit: Oh wait...

:p

i have no family or friends so i will play FM all day and have my cats open their pressies

At least you get the turkey all to yourself.

Suzie - Christmas chicken? Really? I'd cry without my yuletide turkey. Gotta have pigs in blankets too. Let's see who knows that that means.

Suzie - Christmas chicken? Really? I'd cry without my yuletide turkey. Gotta have pigs in blankets too. Let's see who knows that that means.

Pigs in blankets are the best bit of the whole Christmas dinner, yummie!

Turkey's dry and horrible though, me and the missus will be doing lamb and pork this year.

I can't belive how many people in this thread don't like Christmas, I feel sorry for your kids when you have them, if you haven't already.

Am i sad???

The wife and i supposed to be going to her parents on xmas day but i have decided christmas eve im going to fall ill so i hav all xmas day for fm,, sad or what hahaha

That should read "take all day to sort out the DRM issue", dont worry though, come boxing day you will love it - its worth the pain of that performance.

well this year me, the missus and son are spending xmas day at home this year, instead of going to inlaws for a change(first time in 15 years yaay).

i love xmas mostly for my 2 year old son. but i will be spending most of my day on fm, getting drunk and scoffing a tin full of roses.

oh and i will also be trolling the forums . so on xmas day all who are around lets have our own xmas day meet right here on the forums.

so lets start a fmxmas thread on xmas day morning. :D:D:D

I agree with this, even in the battles of the first world war, the soldiers saw christmas first and enjoyed the day with each other,

Actually, I'll think you'll find the soldiers were playing football on Christmas day!

Actually, I'll think you'll find the soldiers were playing football on Christmas day!

Yeah, but they weren't shut in a dark room by themselves, wondering whether to play Cristiano Ronaldo in the middle. :p

Quote from Wikipedia:

The truce began on Christmas Eve, December 24, 1914, when German troops began decorating the area around their trenches in the region of Ypres, Belgium, for Christmas. They began by placing candles on trees, then continued the celebration by singing Christmas carols, most notably Stille Nacht (Silent Night). The Scottish troops in the trenches across from them responded by singing English carols.

The two sides continued by shouting Christmas greetings to each other. Soon thereafter, there were calls for visits across the "No Man's Land" where small gifts were exchanged — whisky, jam, cigars, chocolate, and the like. The soldiers exchanged gifts, sometimes addresses, and drank together. The artillery in the region fell silent that night. The truce also allowed a breathing spell where recently-fallen soldiers could be brought back behind their lines by burial parties. Proper burials took place as soldiers from both sides mourned the dead together and paid their respects. At one funeral in No Man's Land, soldiers from both sides gathered and read a passage from the 23rd Psalm:

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

The truce spread to other areas of the lines, and there are many stories of football matches between the opposing forces. The film Joyeux Noël suggests that letters sent home from both British and German soldiers related that the score was 3-2 in favour of the Germans.

In many sectors, the truce lasted through Christmas night, but in some areas, it continued until New Year's Day.

The truce occurred in spite of opposition at higher levels of the military. Earlier in the autumn, a call by Pope Benedict XV for an official truce between the warring governments had been ignored.

British commanders Sir John French and Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien vowed that no such truce would be allowed again. (However, both had left command before Christmas 1915.) In all of the following years of the war, artillery bombardments were ordered on Christmas Eve to ensure that there were no further lulls in the combat. Troops were also rotated through various sectors of the front to prevent them from becoming overly familiar with the enemy. Despite those measures, there were a few friendly encounters between enemy soldiers, but on a much smaller scale than the previous year.

As chopper99 said, Turkey can be too dry. Chicken's so lovely and succulent and fally-aparty when covered with foil - you can do that with turkey, but it doesn't always work.

Edit: Pigs in blankets... is that sausage rolls?

Am i sad???

You need to get a life.

Seriously, great as this game is, it's not the end of the world.

I've been out sick with a flu bug all week, but haven't touched FM that much, there's more important things in life.

It's not sad. Why must everyone do exactly the same thing and go down the exact same path in life. That's why the UK is such a miserable country. Do what you enjoy and be happy and don't listen to those who say "you should do this because it's the 'normal' thing to do"!

Also people should make the effort to see their family all through the year. I find it pretty silly when a card is sent from someone I've not even spoke to all year

This Christams I shall be spending it with my girlfriends family but I'm pretty excited as its gonna be my first proper Christmas off in a long time (I usually work over the Christmas period,not by choice) the other great thing is we have just had a son and this is his first Christmas also. So yeah, 25th should be a good day. Merry Christmas everyone no matter how you spend it, Enjoy.

this is weird. i think si are to blame for ruining people's lifes! :p

i bet if you had to do exam revision, instead you would play fm and fail your exams.

imo the OP is a bit sad as there are 364 and once every four years 365 other days you could play it.

family>fm.

Erm i did my GCSE's last year and did well but i could never revise on my laptop because i always got distracted into playing football manager, xbox live also prevented me revising lol:D

You need to get a life.

Seriously, great as this game is, it's not the end of the world.

I've been out sick with a flu bug all week, but haven't touched FM that much, there's more important things in life.

You crazy!!! you bin ill all week with nothin to do but lie about in bed and you didn't even play on footy man in bed to pass the time:eek:

Cant be legal lol

The way to approach Christmas Day FM-wise is thus:

- Get up, eat some choc open some presents and have a couple of cheeky games of FM

- Get dressed, go and see family/welcome family at yours

- Leave the computer on upstairs so that when you go to the loo you can play one match each time

- Spend the whole of Christmas Day with your family and enjoy it. Christmas dinner....yum!

- Stick at it with your family till about 9pm at which point the very young and the very old will need to be taken home etc.

- And then from about 10pm have a bit of a cheeky Christmas FM sesh and off to bed.

- Perfect Day.

- For Boxing Day and New Years Daym do the above again just without opening presents.

You're a smart, smart fellow.:D

Archived