[FM24][SKIN] Rensie Custom skin - Updated 14/02/2024

keysi

Just now, MAsterix85 said:

Hi, I've downloaded the skin and it looks great, but when I unzip it and put the FM24 Rensie fodler into the Views subfolder, it doesn't appear as a skin I can select in the list of skins in the Interface preferences (all the other skins' fodlers are in there and are selectable in the game). What might I have done wrong?

Skins folder not views?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Love the skin @keysi, it makes the game infinitely more immersive. One query - I’ve just experienced the game crashing for the first time in forever (last few editions have been rock solid for me) and the only change I’ve made in last few days is adding the skin. FM can prove quite demanding for my laptop in terms of processing (I’ve got a fairly basic gaming laptop hooked up to a 4k monitor); I’m just wondering whether anybody knows if the skin is more demanding or whether I’ve just been unlucky? Thanks in advance.

Edited by DanBeats90

Just now, DanBeats90 said:

Hi all. Love the skin @keysi, it makes the game infinitely more immersive. One query - I’ve just experienced the game crashing for the first time in forever (last few editions have been rock solid for me) and the only change I’ve made in last few days is adding the skin. FM can prove quite demanding for my laptop in terms of processing (for a fairly basic gaming laptop hooked up to a 4k monitor); I’m just wondering whether anybody knows if the skin is more demanding or whether I’ve just been unlucky? Thanks in advance.

The patch also happend in the last few days and there's been a few oopsies in there 

9 hours ago, DanBeats90 said:

Hi all. Love the skin @keysi, it makes the game infinitely more immersive. One query - I’ve just experienced the game crashing for the first time in forever (last few editions have been rock solid for me) and the only change I’ve made in last few days is adding the skin. FM can prove quite demanding for my laptop in terms of processing (I’ve got a fairly basic gaming laptop hooked up to a 4k monitor); I’m just wondering whether anybody knows if the skin is more demanding or whether I’ve just been unlucky? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm not sure if it's related to the skin, everything is possible for sure. Maybe try to upload the crash dump and other files to SI if they can see something in it. Maybe they can find out if it's related to the skin. 

I usually had/have some crash dump only because of my own mistake within the code but when I play the game as usual without editing the skin, I don't remember when I had some crash dump for the last time. I have my MSI laptop for 7 years already btw. so I don't have a modern-quality laptop or PC either. Also, I don't think there are some demanding parts of the skin like high-quality graphic files or something like that. As I said, everything is possible but I'm not sure how to help. 

10 hours ago, JustHowie said:

The patch also happend in the last few days and there's been a few oopsies in there 

1 hour ago, keysi said:

Hi, I'm not sure if it's related to the skin, everything is possible for sure. Maybe try to upload the crash dump and other files to SI if they can see something in it. Maybe they can find out if it's related to the skin. 

I usually had/have some crash dump only because of my own mistake within the code but when I play the game as usual without editing the skin, I don't remember when I had some crash dump for the last time. I have my MSI laptop for 7 years already btw. so I don't have a modern-quality laptop or PC either. Also, I don't think there are some demanding parts of the skin like high-quality graphic files or something like that. As I said, everything is possible but I'm not sure how to help. 

Thanks both for your replies. I think it is more likely to be the patch - I forgot that this has only very recently been released and you are right, there are a few issues elsewhere in the game since its release. I will continue using the skin and change autosave settings to ensure I don't get whacked again (lost a whole evenings worth of progress last night!)

20 minutes ago, impersonal8 said:

How can we change the position color in the circle?

Untitledห.png

in the settings

<!-- Duty colours -->
    <colour name="duty attack"                              value="fg positive"/>
    <colour name="duty support"                             value="rgb(138,194,255)"/>
    <colour name="duty defend"                              value="fg negative"/>

On 04/12/2023 at 09:42, DanBeats90 said:

Thanks both for your replies. I think it is more likely to be the patch - I forgot that this has only very recently been released and you are right, there are a few issues elsewhere in the game since its release. I will continue using the skin and change autosave settings to ensure I don't get whacked again (lost a whole evenings worth of progress last night!)

what was the error you got? I've just had my game crash a bunch on launch with errors that seemed like they might be skin related and fixed by deleting my skins folder

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me. I use a MacBook Pro 2021 14'' and the header of the skin uses centered text. On the centre of the screen, there is a camera. The FM text is a layer below the camera ;) see attached image.

Is there a possibility to align the text to the left, in the header/searchbar on top? I hope this will make the text readable (a bit).

EDIT: Already fixed it, with thanks to @keysi

IMG_6190.HEIC

Edited by jefferson721

Really loving the new update. I have a quick question about the Player Ratings Page during a match.

I noticed that the body language section seems to have a different font to the players name and performance section. I had a look through the panels but I couldn't seem to find how to change the font on either the body language section or the other sections to match that one.

Is there any way to change the body language font so that it matches?

14 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Love the IBH panels! Is there a way I could move the part selected in blue a bit lower because when playing with the EPL scoreboard the whole panels gets a bit smaller.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b95c082b25de070157d4db7d497bb261.png 

As I can see, you merged it to some different skin with a different height of the match title bar, so you should start with changing the hight of the match title bar...

11 hours ago, sebel said:

@keysi Great update! Thanks a lot boss!

2 questions:

- Can we delete this container on squad view? From team squad.xml?

image.thumb.png.7656cdda29725d5dcf79c9e554fea016.png

- Any chance to slightly bring down the container so the player attributes are appearing fully? Playing windowed on 2k:

image.thumb.png.507195e64de7fbf4635cc4704be05677.png

1. panels/team/team squad and there is a container with the team facts. 

2. panels/player/player overview and there is a widget with the horizontal divider (there are more than one so be aware of what you will delete including the size of the layout). You can also adjust the height of the middle row so the bottom row will be smaller. Do you play in the Windowed mode? 

7 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Really loving the new update. I have a quick question about the Player Ratings Page during a match.

I noticed that the body language section seems to have a different font to the players name and performance section. I had a look through the panels but I couldn't seem to find how to change the font on either the body language section or the other sections to match that one.

Is there any way to change the body language font so that it matches?

Do you mean this? It's the same font (the whole skin uses the same font), but the font is only a smaller size to fit it here. You would have to edit the 'match player stats properties' or 'match properties' (it depends where this column is)

image.png.8468a5166dd967c5415d1c4abca648bc.png

il y a 51 minutes, keysi a dit :

2. panels/player/player overview and there is a widget with the horizontal divider (there are more than one so be aware of what you will delete including the size of the layout). You can also adjust the height of the middle row so the bottom row will be smaller. Do you play in the Windowed mode? 

@keysi Yes, I play windowed on 2k. "You can also adjust the height of the middle row so the bottom row will be smaller." : I can't locate the line :( can you show me where I can modify the middle row height? Thanks!

1 minute ago, sebel said:

@keysi Yes, I play windowed on 2k. "You can also adjust the height of the middle row so the bottom row will be smaller." : I can't locate the line :( can you show me where I can modify the middle row height? Thanks!

It will never look the same if you have a different resolution/screen than myself so you will always have to adapt it. Also, the Windows Zoom option plays a big part in how the FM looks like. 

it's straight at the top of the player overview panel. The first number is the top row, number 1 (both) is for the dividers, -485 is the middle row and the last number 220 is the height of the bottom row. 

image.png.f3c48556f3adf8ec4347d3e12fac2eb7.png

3 hours ago, keysi said:

As I can see, you merged it to some different skin with a different height of the match title bar, so you should start with changing the hight of the match title bar...

1. panels/team/team squad and there is a container with the team facts. 

Do you mean this? It's the same font (the whole skin uses the same font), but the font is only a smaller size to fit it here. You would have to edit the 'match player stats properties' or 'match properties' (it depends where this column is)

image.png.8468a5166dd967c5415d1c4abca648bc.png

Ok thanks a lot. I'll have a look at those suggested panels. Thanks

Amazing work! After the update i have just found a problem on the scouting tab. On the first overview screen, there is no more a tab to acknowledge, put them on shortlist or dismiss. Is this on purpose? I tried changing the zoom-level but nothing changed. Playing on 1920x1080 fullscreen.

image.thumb.png.efac1e0324b3905a406d2358138412f5.png

16 hours ago, Duckn said:

Amazing work! After the update i have just found a problem on the scouting tab. On the first overview screen, there is no more a tab to acknowledge, put them on shortlist or dismiss. Is this on purpose? I tried changing the zoom-level but nothing changed. Playing on 1920x1080 fullscreen.

image.thumb.png.efac1e0324b3905a406d2358138412f5.png

There's no issue or problem. You are only on a different screen. 

This screen is Scouting/Overview (picture number 1), the one where you can make quick actions like Make offer etc. is in the second tab - Scouting Centre. That's the same as in the default skin...

image.thumb.png.76dba276c808b45cb413f0c72a011264.png image.thumb.png.e95abccd547196fe0a85704baf03b92e.png

Yeah you are kinda right. But i know now why i was confused. At the beginning of '24, an i would guess last year i used TCS's skin and he has this option on this very screen as you cann see below. That's probably the reason. Would this be something that you may change, or not really that interesting for you cuz of the functionality of the second screen?

image.thumb.png.0850dd65278eca9bec92a2689c7b4bec.png

Edited by Duckn

30 minutes ago, Duckn said:

Yeah you are kinda right. But i know now why i was confused. At the beginning of '24, an i would guess last year i used TCS's skin and he has this option on this very screen as you cann see below. That's probably the reason. Would this be something that you may change, or not really that interesting for you cuz of the functionality of the second screen?

image.thumb.png.0850dd65278eca9bec92a2689c7b4bec.png

alright, that was the reason why I was also confused :-) 

I just checked the right file and the card actions buttons are here but there's a simple/stupid issue with the ID. 

Go to the skin folder/panels/club and find the 'scouting overview panel.xml', scroll down to line 131 and there's select_event="epsl". It has to be changed to select_event="ePSL"

Save the file and reload the skin. 

(the green highlighted widget are the action buttons). I just did this and it works. Thanks for spotting this. 

image.thumb.png.ec58638276b536f2614ce9475e742eb0.png image.thumb.png.c2226fac33db3a834cd35a8c645fdc43.png

Firstly, this skin is fantastic, really appreciate all the work that goes into making it, and answering all the questions about it.

Apologize if I missed it, I tried to read the whole thread above, but couldn't find anything.  In the base skin and other skins I use, I am able to click on the in-game clock, and get a panel on the left side showing match stats, and the default is shown in the attached picture.

In FM23, this panel was at .../panels/match/match stats overview.xml.  When I use the Rensie skin, I can't seem to get this panel to show up at all when clicking all over the match screen.  I'd really like to be able to see the match stats while the game is in progress without having to bring up the tablet. 

Any way to do this, or am I missing something obvious?

2023-12-14 12_54_43-Football Manager 2024.png

Edited by wi_silverwolf
Add image

27 minutes ago, wi_silverwolf said:

Firstly, this skin is fantastic, really appreciate all the work that goes into making it, and answering all the questions about it.

Apologize if I missed it, I tried to read the whole thread above, but couldn't find anything.  In the base skin and other skins I use, I am able to click on the in-game clock, and get a panel on the left side showing match stats, and the default is shown in the attached picture.

In FM23, this panel was at .../panels/match/match stats overview.xml.  When I use the Rensie skin, I can't seem to get this panel to show up at all when clicking all over the match screen.  I'd really like to be able to see the match stats while the game is in progress without having to bring up the tablet. 

Any way to do this, or am I missing something obvious?

2023-12-14 12_54_43-Football Manager 2024.png

That's not possible in the way that the match 'in between highlights panel' is set in my skin because I 'deactivated' this part. In the default skin, this part on the left side is "notable events", there is also the dugout part and the touchline tablet panel. But I have only the touchline tablet. So, you would have to revert the match in between highlights to default to have this. But I don't like how the default files (don't) work. 

Egads.  I deleted the old skin and installed the new skin into the /skins folder.  I then cleared cache and reloaded and it's now just hanging.  I've rebooted my system and still just hanging.  Anybody else see this?  Do I have to totally re-install?  Crazy.  Did all of this from the main menu instead of loading my game first.  I wonder if that did it.  I hope I don't lose my save...

Edit  -- Ha!  Turns out I fat fingered the .xml when I altered the skin to allow for backgrounds.  All is well again.  Scary.

Edited by Enos

7 minutes ago, Enos said:

Egads.  I deleted the old skin and installed the new skin into the /skins folder.  I then cleared cache and reloaded and it's now just hanging.  I've rebooted my system and still just hanging.  Anybody else see this?  Do I have to totally re-install?  Crazy.  Did all of this from the main menu instead of loading my game first.  I wonder if that did it.  I hope I don't lose my save...

Move the skin to another folder, and delete the skins folder and let the game generate a new one

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, carlosfm7 said:

i´ve seen it and everything is fine

What is your

Screen resolution and zoom? (Windows button > Settings > Display, Scale and Display Resolution)

Resolution and Zoom in game (Preferences > General, Windows Mode and Resolution, and Size of Text)

On 03/12/2023 at 18:36, MAsterix85 said:

Okay, sorry, ignore. I don't know how it all got muddled up but I've sorted it now. Great skin man :)

Hey, I'm having the exact same issue. How did you fix it?

Nothing major but if some of you would want to have the Staff Unique ID in the inbox headline like in the picture below to be able to edit the faces of all the staff, just download the attached inbox_item.xml and copy/paste it to the skin folder/panels/human and rewrite the existing file. (Or backup the original one first). And restart the game. 

You will see the Unique ID of the Chairperson, Personal Assistant and more staff members whose profile, and the Unique ID, is not possible to see. That means you can create the same line within the config file as for players or other staff members.

<record from="name of your picture" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-ID of the staff/portrait"/>

This is what I'm using in this mine skin but I don't think another update is needed so you can update it by yourself if you want. 

inbox item.xml

image.png.dd7eac98d1fbaa508579e646c36be3f1.png

Thanks, @BouFitty for this idea. You can simply highlight the ID number and copy it as any other text. The only change I made is that I'm not using the date of birth widget as it's not needed with the traditional config. 

On 05/01/2024 at 13:45, keysi said:

Nothing major but if some of you would want to have the Staff Unique ID in the inbox headline like in the picture below to be able to edit the faces of all the staff, just download the attached inbox_item.xml and copy/paste it to the skin folder/panels/human and rewrite the existing file. (Or backup the original one first). And restart the game. 

You will see the Unique ID of the Chairperson, Personal Assistant and more staff members whose profile, and the Unique ID, is not possible to see. That means you can create the same line within the config file as for players or other staff members.

<record from="name of your picture" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-ID of the staff/portrait"/>

This is what I'm using in this mine skin but I don't think another update is needed so you can update it by yourself if you want. 

inbox item.xml 10.73 kB · 14 downloads

image.png.dd7eac98d1fbaa508579e646c36be3f1.png

Thanks, @BouFitty for this idea. You can simply highlight the ID number and copy it as any other text. The only change I made is that I'm not using the date of birth widget as it's not needed with the traditional config. 

Tried this myself a few weeks ago, couldn't get it working.

Turns out I was missing set_property="valu". Thanks for this!

How I can change background picture from default black to something else?

I've changed default picture located in graphics >> background but it didn't help (reloaded skin)

Also, how can I make background little more transparent?

Best regards

3 hours ago, marin_bar said:

I've changed default picture located in graphics >> background but it didn't help (reloaded skin)

Best regards

Client objeck brower.xml

it contains the code and path to the background used, it's the same place where you have to add transparency="0.5" - value can be changed to fit your view

22 hours ago, marin_bar said:

Best regards

If you open the skin folder/panels/client_object, there are two client object browser.xml files with instructions on how to use the skin with or without backgrounds. There are also screens on how it looks with and without backgrounds.

Love the New V2 of this. Got back from Japan and first thing was to install the new version - love it!

I did notice something though, when i tried to send someone on holiday who was getting jaded you usually get a pop up asking how long etc? Nothing happened when i clicked it. Will try and replicate in a mo. 

Also is it relatively easy to make the stadium background show during the pre match screens?

Attached some images of a skin i used last year which had it enabled. 

20230716101803_1.jpg

20230716101817_1.jpg

20230725143918_1.jpg

20230821200543_1.jpg

On 07/01/2024 at 15:16, snowofman said:

Client objeck brower.xml

it contains the code and path to the background used, it's the same place where you have to add transparency="0.5" - value can be changed to fit your view

Thank you.

Loving the skin (as always).

If I wanted to add Last 15 as an option for the Form Last X Matches (its currently 5/10/20), how would I do this please?

I did search "form" in the folders, but it shows in lots of files and unsure which one(s) I need to edit.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, rootcoors said:

Loving the skin (as always).

If I wanted to add Last 15 as an option for the Form Last X Matches (its currently 5/10/20), how would I do this please?

I did search "form" in the folders, but it shows in lots of files and unsure which one(s) I need to edit.

Thanks.

just edit for file and change this 

maximum_items="5"

to 15 and you should be golden

player form summary panel profile

player form summary panel profile10

player form summary panel profile20

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

just edit for file and change this 

maximum_items="5"

to 15 and you should be golden

Thanks for pointing me towards the right direction, was on the right lines already then - just more edits than I realised.

I've managed to find all the files that needed changing (for each section on the screen) - I took a copy of Form 10 text (within each), pasted it between Form 10 and Form 20 and made changes so it was at it would be needed for Form 15 and works.

Also had to edit 1 or 2 more files, and made a file called "player form summary panel profile15.xml"

Working just as I wanted it too now.

image.thumb.png.a9bd69f12950924a716e3260986c0523.png