[FM24][SKIN] Rensie Custom skin - Updated 14/02/2024

keysi

3 hours ago, keysi said:

It appears when you hover the tab bar or just move the mouse slightly, I don't know why is it happening but it happens to me time from time too.

2358cfe97b8251ed45b4277ea95da0df.gif

I just downloaded the 'nation & competition' backgrounds to try it. Not a single background image appeared in my game until I edited the 'client object browser.xml'. There are custom overlays set and they all are set "bg". But I just found out that the 'overlay@2x' is the wrong picture. 

Download this picture and place it in the skin folder/graphics/boxes/custom/interface/background pattern

So, the folder will look like this. And let me know if it works now. Thank you :)

image.png.f175abb9153eb946a4108de7f60732a4.png

overlay@2x.thumb.png.f03f9666f705aa19a8c213c505e73b16.png

Absolute Hero! Thanks a million for that mate

So my understanding then depending of the opacity of these two images then determines how much of the background pops through? 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, One hell of a keeper said:

Absolute Hero! Thanks a million for that mate

So my understanding then depending of the opacity of these two images then determines how much of the background pops through? 

I made it easier and edited the client object browser.xml for you and added the transparency straight into it. 

image.png.ee7a642280fe4e5ecee2d48b6cfbfa4a.png image.thumb.png.4dd936e11fd8a433c56ea19b3e3d82c8.png

Will pack the rest and update the download link with both versions of the client object browser.xml. 

DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED here & in the first post.

• Fixed issue with the custom backgrounds + added the alternative client object browser.xml with read me how to change it
  • Fixed missing info in the player overview details
  • some more small issues

Quit the game, delete the previous version of the skin, unzip the new one to the same directory (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2024/skins) and clear the cache and run the game.

Withbackgroundsdisallowed-horz.thumb.jpg.d366fddf4b9619e7ade39c890ae32902.jpg

9 minutes ago, keysi said:

DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED here & in the first post.

• Fixed issue with the custom backgrounds + added the alternative client object browser.xml with read me how to change it
  • Fixed missing info in the player overview details
  • some more small issues

Quit the game, delete the previous version of the skin, unzip the new one to the same directory (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2024/skins) and clear the cache and run the game.

Withbackgroundsdisallowed-horz.thumb.jpg.d366fddf4b9619e7ade39c890ae32902.jpg

Thankyou for that! 

13 hours ago, keysi said:

It's in the skin folder/panels/match and it's the 'match title bar.xml' file. And there is a widget named <!--match time bar--> in lines 27 to 33

I've deleted lines 27 to 33 and I can not get rid? Any chance you could help further?

Does anyone know how to get custom backgrounds to work on this skin?  I've been able to get it to work on other skins that have a 'selector' feature.  

I followed keysi's directions and it still didn't work.  I get them to work with other skins.

Edited by Enos

11 hours ago, Dec--- said:

I've deleted lines 27 to 33 and I can not get rid? Any chance you could help further?

I just did the same and it doesn't appear in the game. What nation/league you are playing in? If it's some of the licensed competitions, you have to edit it in more places.

image.thumb.png.5604d1ad213221447564cf7c62610285.png

14 hours ago, Enos said:

Does anyone know how to get custom backgrounds to work on this skin?  I've been able to get it to work on other skins that have a 'selector' feature.  

I followed keysi's directions and it still didn't work.  I get them to work with other skins.

The instructions included (delete the client object browser.xml and rename the other one to that) worked fine for me.

Just wanted to voice my appreciation for this skin. Used in in FM22, was lucky enough to be allowed to use it in FM23 and will certainly be using it in FM24! I've enabled backgrounds, changed attribute colours and it's looking phenomenal. Sigames, take note, this is how the game should be released. Thanks Rensie!

3 hours ago, mccann95 said:

Is there a way I can reduce the size of the player face icon during the match on the bar along the bottom?

IMG_9040.jpeg

@JustHowie is correct, it's in the 'match players bar widget'

Change this value for example to 20 and it will be smaller, save and reload (or restart the game. 

image.png.563b4e641ad29aecaa48a2b8c3638f39.png

ZNJVqHX.png

Is there any way to get my tactics positions on this screen? Like a list of GK DR DC DC DL etc so I can drag and drop them, to choose my team that way? Like in the base skin.

Also for news items like this, should the score not show in the top right section? It doesn't actually show the score anywhere, besides being able to figure out it was 0-3 based on the goalscorers.

7eUJLRa.png

EDIT: Strangely the next game had it:

FdNADsS.png

Edited by wisconsin

1 hour ago, wisconsin said:

ZNJVqHX.png

Is there any way to get my tactics positions on this screen? Like a list of GK DR DC DC DL etc so I can drag and drop them, to choose my team that way? Like in the base skin.

Also for news items like this, should the score not show in the top right section? It doesn't actually show the score anywhere, besides being able to figure out it was 0-3 based on the goalscorers.

7eUJLRa.png

EDIT: Strangely the next game had it:

FdNADsS.png

The bars with captain etc are possibly covering the buttons else you can add 

<!--PICKING-->
                <container class="main_box_no_margin" height="40">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                <widget class="picking_panel" id="pkpn" navigation_container="true"/>
            </container>    

to team/team squad.xml

19 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i think it's as centered as it can be, i believe it just trying to trick your eyes

yeah,after i make that  comment i realize there is a gap on the left,there is trick for move it little bit to the left?

Edited by JeffersonHH

12 hours ago, JustHowie said:

The bars with captain etc are possibly covering the buttons else you can add 

<!--PICKING-->
                <container class="main_box_no_margin" height="40">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
                <widget class="picking_panel" id="pkpn" navigation_container="true"/>
            </container>    

to team/team squad.xml

Whereabouts? I added it to the top and it just made the screen blank and said I needed to create a tactic first, which I already had done. 

Brilliant skin, many thanks for sharing it.

I did find a small issue, not sure if it also appears for others. In the Shortlist section under Scouting the Player's Interest is not working 100% correctly:

image.thumb.png.21939987de55b41dfbb75f604f156436.png

I click on Ask Agent, and the interest is added, but the Ask Agent box doesn't go away; it sort of fades out only. If I check with other skins then this doesn't happen and it shows correctly.

On 11/11/2023 at 08:30, keysi said:

I just did the same and it doesn't appear in the game. What nation/league you are playing in? If it's some of the licensed competitions, you have to edit it in more places.

image.thumb.png.5604d1ad213221447564cf7c62610285.png

yeah, so it doesnt show in league games in the prem but it does in the cup comps. what else do i need to do?

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

might be easier if you compare to the default file, maybe you can add the info box or just use the default file if you prefer

team squad.xml 43.05 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the tip but it's beyond my capability. Gutted cos it would have been awesome to have it here:

ideal.thumb.png.f1f08310b8328f339d4b31515092546e.png

If anyone has the know-how, please let me know. :)

27 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Thanks for the tip but it's beyond my capability. Gutted cos it would have been awesome to have it here:

ideal.thumb.png.f1f08310b8328f339d4b31515092546e.png

If anyone has the know-how, please let me know. :)

if you want to do that, go all the way and colour it with the team colours 😁

Looks really good, I'm just wondering if it's by design, or if I'm missing something. I cannot seem to find player stats in the match report. Is it deliberate, or do you plan to add it? Or is it just me who cannot locate the right button?

I'm talking about the full player stats, "attacking", "set pieces", "goalkeeping" etc., passes/tackles, fouls, interceptions etc.

image.thumb.png.8f628bfdc3f3c339b547032f88adef3e.png 

8 hours ago, Maaka said:

Looks really good, I'm just wondering if it's by design, or if I'm missing something. I cannot seem to find player stats in the match report. Is it deliberate, or do you plan to add it? Or is it just me who cannot locate the right button?

I'm talking about the full player stats, "attacking", "set pieces", "goalkeeping" etc., passes/tackles, fouls, interceptions etc.

isnt there 3 button at the bottom if you click the staff feedback ? should be in there unless i remember wrong

16 hours ago, El_Matador said:

Brilliant work @keysi!! :thup:

I have just one question. I want to change the main menu to the default colors (as seen on the screen), how can I do so?

Its a personal preference nothing else. 

Thank you in advance. 

image.png.3633f64cdaa1ff59103a6f68fb71ee5f.png

If you want to revert all to the default, go to the skin folder/panels/ and delete or rename the intro panel.xml and intro panel menu.xml

+ go to the skin folder/graphics/ and delete the 'main menu folder'

+ go to the skin folder/graphics/boxes/custom and delete the 'main menu' folder. 

14 hours ago, Xerena said:

Brilliant skin, many thanks for sharing it.

I did find a small issue, not sure if it also appears for others. In the Shortlist section under Scouting the Player's Interest is not working 100% correctly:

image.thumb.png.21939987de55b41dfbb75f604f156436.png

I click on Ask Agent, and the interest is added, but the Ask Agent box doesn't go away; it sort of fades out only. If I check with other skins then this doesn't happen and it shows correctly.

Thank you, will take a look at what it can be. 

9 hours ago, Maaka said:

If you click on "Staff Feedback", there will be buttons with the player statistics as always. The thing is that I have "Stats" tab set as the default one in this specific widget. That means every time I open the already played match, the first thing I see is the Stats tab. 

If you would open the 'match full time review panel.xml' file in the panels/match and locate line 272, there's a note about were to change the default tab. 

image.png.b136cba508ec2a4d11312cdad9b5bab7.png

10 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Yes please!

It was in this 'team squad.xml' file but hidden behind the "0" within the layout. I just edited it and moved it up within its own container. 

download this & replace it in the panels/team and reload the skin. 

team squad.xml

Or you can move that container down bellow within the team squad.xml and it will be in the bottom of the screen. 

image.thumb.png.702f56cce48f6f41f0d114d4c17828cf.png

Edited by keysi

1 hour ago, keysi said:

If you click on "Staff Feedback", there will be buttons with the player statistics as always. The thing is that I have "Stats" tab set as the default one in this specific widget. That means every time I open the already played match, the first thing I see is the Stats tab. 

If you would open the 'match full time review panel.xml' file in the panels/match and locate line 272, there's a note about were to change the default tab. 

image.png.b136cba508ec2a4d11312cdad9b5bab7.png

Ah, thanks, didn't think to click the Staff Feedback button. But, great, thanks, that changes a lot for me. :thup:

27 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Ah, thanks, didn't think to click the Staff Feedback button. But, great, thanks, that changes a lot for me. :thup:

No worries, I think the Staff Feedback is set as default when the half-time review is there but the Stats tab is there when it's full time/review. Maybe I will change it back in the future to Staff Feedback again. 

23 minutes ago, keysi said:

No worries, I think the Staff Feedback is set as default when the half-time review is there but the Stats tab is there when it's full time/review. Maybe I will change it back in the future to Staff Feedback again. 

could you just kill two birds with one stone and put the buttons on the bottom of the match stats?

36 minutes ago, Allan385 said:

Hello,

thank you for your skin.

Can you explain how to have the player status information like this.

Capture.PNG.7e92da4a31107dda93e290015bac9837.PNG

instead of this

Capture2.PNG.e623cc0066c001f5ff21c97894f64059.PNG

Thanks

That's easy. There are two types of 'Player Status' columns within custom views. One is Player Status Information and the heading is 'INF', the second one is just 'Player Status' with the heading 'Player Status'. 

I'm using the second one mainly as the last column in all views because it stops the game from resetting the width of the views. 

image.png.1842cb5eb1014456df74abeff880a8c2.png

Edited by keysi