Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, avenger22 said:

I don't know if anyone has raised this bug but WCB(A and S) doesn't overlaps or underlaps like at all, i mean he advances early and is in a good position to provide a good deep cross but nowhere in position for byline cross because he doesn't overlap the wingback or underlaps just stays there.

Logically the wingback has the ball the WCB(A) either attacks the halfspace so in this case he underlaps or goes outside and overlaps he does neither of these and this is something from FM 23 too so basically WCB(A) its just a CB who is much more advanced but does not overlaps or underlaps at all.

My wcbs overlap fine constantly putting crosses in. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I'm not saying they only care about the numbers. I am saying that human nature dictates that even if you've read every single negative on here, the numbers show that people are playing and obviously enjoying the game and those people are just as relevant as those who say it is unplayable.

Everyone's feedback is relevant. But good critical feedback is gold dust

Love the new inbox item about when a new manager joins another team in the league. Absolutely nowhere does it state who the previous manager was. I'm told about all the old coaches that have been let go. Sure I could click around and find out but did this really get overlooked when building this inbox news item? Another example of a simple, effective addition executed poorly.

12 minutes ago, jayedson said:

Context got a bit lost then, as 'people' thinking those who shout loudest and/or streamers with most followers get heard is a bit different to how you put it, which basically highlighted some streamers as also believing those who shout loudest get heard.

It's also a little presumptuous all round. Personally I think those who care most shout loudest and it just highlights their passion for the game, regardless of how much impact they think their points will have. In fact, it's been noted more often than not that sometimes pointing out these issues seems futile given how long-running some of them are, but still people try to push for change and improvement.

Argument and debate will be a natural bi-product of setting up a forum for multiple users to provide feedback. I agree it's not exactly helpful but is also human nature especially among people passionate enough to be posting their views here.

The same reason twitter (sorry, X) can sometimes be a minefield of hate, because you'll generally find most posts are from the most passionate ends of the spectrum, whilst those in the middle remain quiet - argument and debate is inevitable.

If it gets aggressive, personal, repetitive or irrelevant here, that's where moderation is important but also understanding that anyone bothering to post here are among the more passionate of FM/CM fans is also important and that passion will result in people wanting to defend their views sometimes.

Anyone who has bothered to sign up to a forum, moderate a forum, or stream the game is passionate. But sometimes people do need to just take a step back a bit, be a bit more circumspect. The passion isn't always helpful. 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Anyone who has bothered to sign up to a forum, moderate a forum, or stream the game is passionate. But sometimes people do need to just take a step back a bit, be a bit more circumspect. 

In this environment, I kinda think the opposite should be the case. Feedback should be raw, unfiltered and from the heart based on user's direct experience with the game, no need for circumspection which would only serve to dilute that feedback.

What SI decide to do with the feedback is their business, and I agree that some posters here should also not be presumptuous about SI's decision-making.

I don't think any of us truly know how much of an impact these forums have over sales figures / reviews when it comes to development and bug-fixing roadmaps.

Sure - it might feel like dedicated lifelong fans are not being catered to when manager face paint is introduced as a feature, but hey I'm sure they had their reasons for introducing it. 

Just now, jayedson said:

In this environment, I kinda think the opposite should be the case. Feedback should be raw, unfiltered and from the heart based on user's direct experience with the game, no need for circumspection which would only serve to dilute that feedback.

What SI decide to do with the feedback is their business, and I agree that some posters here should also not be presumptuous about SI's decision-making.

I don't think any of us truly know how much of an impact these forums have over sales figures / reviews when it comes to development and bug-fixing roadmaps.

Sure - it might feel like dedicated lifelong fans are not being catered to when manager face paint is introduced as a feature, but hey I'm sure they had their reasons for introducing it. 

We did that way back and it was a cesspit and a disaster to be absolutely frank. The rules around engagement are a result of that. You don't need to be raw and unfiltered to provide the best quality feedback, in fact the best feedback is usually stuff thats been carefully considered, reasoned and backed up. 

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

We did that way back and it was a cesspit and a disaster to be absolutely frank. The rules around engagement are a result of that. You don't need to be raw and unfiltered to provide the best quality feedback, in fact the best feedback is usually stuff thats been carefully considered, reasoned and backed up. 

Yeah that's a fair point. I just wouldn't want people's passion to be diluted from a fear of inciting argument and debate, which may well just be likely to happen anyway in an environment like this with long-running passionate fans of the game.

With regards to framing a point, and backing up it up with evidence and reasoning, I'm with you.

3 hours ago, janrzm said:

There is no way back for players who move to Saudi Arabia.

28 year old Rico Henry in my save is listed by Al-Hilal for 12mil. Currently on £850k pw with 3 years left on his deal. They signed him on a 4 year deal in 2024. The contract seems long, not sure what Saudi teams are doing IRL. No club subsidised wage for any buying club. It all seems broken, 

Unfortunately he's looking for a weekly wage between £1m - £1.1m........seriously it seems there is no mechanism in the game to reintegrate these players into wage structure of the "other" leagues. 

I reported the completely unrealistic Saudi wages for players back in the beta. Players in the what I would “good” category, so far below world class, are being given completely OTT wages. 

2 hours ago, fansten992 said:

What's happening with injuries after the latest patch? Every single match some player gets injured. Can't remember the last time it passed without getting a notification like this during a match:

Capture.JPG

Pretty sure they said they were happy with injury levels before the patch so nothing was changed.

Different story with the Known GK injury bug though.

9 hours ago, TokyoWanderer said:

You have about 50 posts telling SI what they should or shouldn't do. What about some humility and letting the highly successful videogame company decide? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but isn't it a bit much when I can't read through a single page of this thread without reading your opinion of what SI should do?

This thread is the same every year. A small minority of the millions of people playing the game claiming the game is unplayable for "insert reason that is a minor annoyance at best" endlessly.

The fact there are too many goals is a mild annoyance not game breaking.

The Argentinian league not working or being unable to register players for the champs league in Sweden are in fact 100% game breaking and it baffles me things like this make it into the game every single year!

Is this the best most enjoyable version of FM?

Nope not by a long shot but it's absolutely not "unplayable".

Edited by kiwityke1983

Is there any way to change the last screen you see before going to a match? I hate the default one. What I want to see is my custom squad screen which has all the info i need:

image.thumb.png.4e8024a482336c1d4449c447231cd9fe.png

Also why do I have to search for stuff in the preferences menu now?!

Edited by whatsupdoc

What’s disappointing for me is that SI knew what was going to happen with the game. Always thought it was strange when they suddenly changed this yr from “beta” to “early access”. They knew they wouldn’t be changing any part of the game before it’s full release on 6th Nov, and so calling it early access meant they could get away with not fixing any issues. I just feel they knew what state the game was going to be in, and therefore circumvented that by calling it early access as a way out of not having to fix anything. Never have I recalled the game being in pretty much the same state it was when it was first accessible in the beta stage. I just don’t understand why, are they putting more resources into FM25, and so this took a step back in their focus?

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

AI squad building and AI rotating and using youth was a headline feature that made people pre order FM24 instead of waiting for FM25. I think it’s unfair to call some of the bugs (this one in particular is one of the most brought up) minor annoyance to a small minority…

as far as too many goals, yea far away it seems nitpicking but in reality, the defense in the ME is poor…

ironically, it’s been acknowledged by SI. So I don’t get the constant downplay lol.

I made a post a few days ago saying the fact two of the main headline features are essentially bug fixes (squad building and interactions) it's hardly a surprise they are still broken they haven't ever worked properly.

Even then they are annoyances the fact they don't work perfectly doesn't break the game, it's the same with too many goals, it's an annoyance forsome people it's not in anyway game breaking.

Leagues not working is game breaking and there's no excuse for those making it into the game, yet it does every year.

Scroll through this thread though and 99% of the complaints flagged as game breaking are at best mild annoyances is my point.

It's the same every year.

8 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I made a post a few days ago saying the fact two of the main headline features are essentially bug fixes (squad building and interactions) it's hardly a surprise they are still broken they haven't ever worked properly.

Even then they are annoyances the fact they don't work perfectly doesn't break the game, it's the same with too many goals, it's an annoyance forsome people it's not in anyway game breaking.

Leagues not working is game breaking and there's no excuse for those making it into the game, yet it does every year.

Scroll through this thread though and 99% of the complaints flagged as game breaking are at best mild annoyances is my point.

It's the same every year.

Yeah I agree league specific issues are what is definitely the biggest game breaking aspects of the game. It usually requires a new save for the fixes they make to work, which is a huge annoyance 

The set piece thing is ridiculous. 

How do I define if I want a player to be prioritised as a "tracker" or an "aerial defender"?

I have virtually nobody who can mark. I want one of the decent "aerial defenders" to be either "b1" or "b2" in the "trackers" section.

I've dropped them down to last priority in the aerial defenders list (despite their ability), and moved them to the top of the "trackers" list. It still won't prioritise them and I have a guy with 6 for marking listed as a marker.

Abysmal change to the game this new set piece setup.

image.thumb.png.aed65800b5767f2db9d422d75aa93ea3.png

Same deal on the attacking side of things.

How do I prioritise if I want a player to be a "creator" and appear there, before they appear in another category? 

I can't remove them from other categories. I can put them last in the category I don't want them to show up in, and first in the category I do want them to show up in, but it doesn't work. 

I absolutely DO NOT want Lamptey to be the edge of the box player. I want him on the half way line and someone who can shoot in that position...

image.thumb.png.145609f6b306f839e1fe7c704252b0be.png

If you want this system to be intellgible you need to at least be able to remove someone from a category. Especially if dropping them to last in it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by whatsupdoc

So I extended the contract of one of my strikers. A week later he came to me and wanted a new contract. Fair enough. He agreed on a deal where he got 14K a week instead of the 2.5K he had. After he signed it he was suddenly unhappy and wanted to leave the club because I extended his contract "at a time when he was seeking a new and improved deal, which I never did.. And ofcourse there's no way to discuss this with him as I would be able to do with a real player. So now he's rotting away in the U21s with 6% of the wage budget-

As long as player interactions destroys saves because players revolt at nonsense and made up things, it might as well be removed from the game. 

8 minutes ago, Viking said:

So I extended the contract of one of my strikers. A week later he came to me and wanted a new contract. Fair enough. He agreed on a deal where he got 14K a week instead of the 2.5K he had. After he signed it he was suddenly unhappy and wanted to leave the club because I extended his contract "at a time when he was seeking a new and improved deal, which I never did.. And ofcourse there's no way to discuss this with him as I would be able to do with a real player. So now he's rotting away in the U21s with 6% of the wage budget-

As long as player interactions destroys saves because players revolt at nonsense and made up things, it might as well be removed from the game. 

You triggered the extension of a contract he already wasn't happy with. Reasonable to me that he's annoyed by that.

6 hours ago, jayedson said:

being catered to when manager face paint is introduced as a feature, but hey I'm sure they had their reasons for introducing it. 

I'm a veteran on cm / fm and started playing it from the 1st version way back in time. I have never seen such a weird feature been put in the game.  I don't know of any managers irl who put on face paint, so do not know why this was introduced. Also when you see the manager avatar on the pitch, it's too small to tell it has it on, also same issue with rings and other items they added to it.

Imo it's a bit pointless, yes have the avatar and dress him, but that should be it. The feature then needs no more development and time should be spent on other aspects of the game instead of the small things ou cannot see on him.  If anything that does need development ion this they could vary the manager clothes more, different types of manager coats large ones and also smaller ones, not a suit jackets and different styles.

As you say they may have reasons for introducing it but doent make sense to me 

Edited by wazza

Is anyone else having issues developing their players? i'm using an FM23 save and my players have stopped developing, most don't even have any + 1 in years, including U21 wonderkids and especially their technical attributes. Still using same training and strategy as in FM23 so not sure what i'm doing wrong.

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

You triggered the extension of a contract he already wasn't happy with. Reasonable to me that he's annoyed by that.

How was I supposed to know he was unhappy with the contract? And why did he sign a new one just to tell me he is angry at me and wants to leave the club?

8 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Have they confirmed if this is just a UI bug, or it's their actual body language and they forget the team talk? 

Probably deeper. Much like how virtually every AI manager had "wing play" as preferred style of play, which they "sorted" by just hiding that part of the profile.

As an aside, International management had the National Pool players show up in the squad planner, which is an idea I love. 

27 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

I find the way in which you tell with such absolution what is a "mild annoyance at best" but knowing so sure what is game breaking, putting all our minds to rest is, is at least hilarious If not outright insulting. You are doing exactly the same thing you are accusing others of doing.

And mind You not, the goals issue is the one of the two that just keeps coming back around, irrespective of your absolution. You turn your head around, and someonenelse complains about it. There at least two dozens different posters here who brought it up. Even SI said "there are too many from second balls in set-piece play" Yet you (and only you) keep insisting we are the blind ones.

Can you continue playing the game due to too many goals. The answer is yes.

It isn't at all game breaking.

Game breaking is you can't play the game or continue the game. Too many goals is an annoyance.

Interactions are an annoyance.

None of the above things are game breaking.

7 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Yeah I think it’s unfair to decided for others what is a “mild annoyance”. As some have touched on, that “mild annoyance” could either be an issue that’s been there from previous editions despite numerous reporting.

Or it could be a feature they advertised which made someone purchase FM24. To then say their bug with the game is an “mild annoyance” is incredibly unfair imo.

One of my bugs is the staff attribute changes. That was a headline feature that in my saves is non-existent. I do not have arrows on my staff page. Despite reporting it during early access, it also didn’t make the full version.

That bug may seem minor to you, but it could very well be something that got someone really excited to buy the game in the first place. It got me excited starting a new save to track progress and after a couple patches, still not there. It was a headlined feature. That is annoying to me lol.

We can all respect someone’s wishes even if you disagree. We play the game for different reasons and we enjoy the game differently. But I don’t think we can tell people what is and isn’t a mild annoyance in their single player game. It’s their experience.

It's not game breaking though. You can still play the game just fine even thou you'll be disappointed/annoyed by it.

FM24 is full of these little annoyances to the point I've started 4 saves already.

None of the reasons I stopped playing and started again though were game breaking.

The absolute over reaction from people in this thread calling every minor problem game breaking is insane and it happens every year.

56 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

But some people can’t play the game “fine”. 

some people can not play the game in which they want to because of existing issues, that’s not playing the game fine. That’s more just getting on with it.

if you have started 4 new saves because of annoyances, you’re kind of telling us how it’s actually unplayable for you unless that’s you normally play. Many don’t want to start new saves. FM sold them a game, with features that made some get the game. Those features don’t work as I’d assume as intended. That’s not just an annoyance. And that’s not playing the game “fine”.

because the issue is major to them, which we’ve touched on. You call it an over reaction, some would say the game haven’t reacted at all as some are pre existent issues. People call it game breaking because it is for them in their single player game. Maybe not for you. But can be for them. (or they are just simply over reacting. My post isn’t for all claiming game breaking. I totally understand some comments that do say it).

FM push “play the game how you want” so if you can play the game how you want, that’s a bit game breaking to them.

Nope I usually play one beta save then a 25-30 year long term save.

This year though:

First save: Stopped playing toward the end of the first season due to my second squad depth revolt and the fact I got bored due to having just played a save for 10+ seasons with this team on FM23.

Second save: Played as PSG to just use the new roles, got bored of winning every game after a season.

Third save thought I'd try a lower division team and midway through the second season the patch fixing squad meltdowns dropped and I was getting bored of the save because I was over achieving fairly easily.

Fourth save still playing although I'm once again hitting that patch of I'm massively over achieving and probably shouldn't have a J1 level quality team by season 2 when I started in J3.

None of the reasons I've stopped are game breaking bugs, some are down to being bored with the save and slightly annoyed by things.

Edited by kiwityke1983

21 hours ago, tropicsafc said:

Anyone noticed some quite bizarre international selections?

Playing as Arsenal and a couple of my newgens are already full internationals for Ireland. They've only ever played under 18 football and have barely developed. I assumed the Irish were having trouble finding decent players until...

Bought an 18 year old Norwegian GK to come in as my 3rd choice keeper. Fairly decent potential but currently.... awful. He had never played senior football before. Signed him and a day later he's called into the Norway squad. He's never been called up to the youth squads. He is now their absolute number 1 keeper. Not to beat up on the poor young man but he's nowhere near good enough yet.

Is international selection determined by player value? It's the only reason I can see.

International selection is definitely odd this year. I've seen England select 2 or 3 players on the back of a loan in the championship, albeit their parent clubs are Chelsea/Man City. 

Under the hood the CA of these players is good enough to make the squad but from an immersion standpoint it is odd.

I am definitely seeing a disconnect between how clubs play their young players and the national teams. In my save to 2038 Man City had a generational striker languish as a impact sub until he was 28, while being England's top striker, then going on a tear for Man City once Haaland left until he was 35.

Youth development is significantly better than 23 but has some new quirks this year for sure.

just some feedback 

i dont get the defensive side. no one tracks, i get if a player isn't good enough that's fine but really good players don't track and don't defend spaces.

players don't know what to do if there is too much space on the pitch, its lie the me isn't quite what the players without the ball should be doing they react rather that are pro active about the space 

moral is just broke, players don't like the teamtalks but you just held united to 00 away and praised the defense? doesn't make any sense and your guessing on the feedbacks rather than be tactical and being yourself

tactics don't really seem to matter, its not a tactical simulation not even close 

teams don't rotate 

the shame of the game is how miles went on about how this is the complete game and then its not. 

4 hours ago, Viking said:

U extended him on a deal he wasnt happy with. This isnt broken. Before ever “triggering extension clause” you need to ask the player/agent if he wants to renew. Or if hes looking for better terms, etc.

i recently triggered extension on a player who had 0 interest in staying w us. Well, he got upset. And I had to sell him to the first 1m (agreed w him) offer I got for him. 

theres nothing broken w that. 

44 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

International selection is definitely odd this year. I've seen England select 2 or 3 players on the back of a loan in the championship, albeit their parent clubs are Chelsea/Man City. 

Under the hood the CA of these players is good enough to make the squad but from an immersion standpoint it is odd.

I am definitely seeing a disconnect between how clubs play their young players and the national teams. In my save to 2038 Man City had a generational striker languish as a impact sub until he was 28, while being England's top striker, then going on a tear for Man City once Haaland left until he was 35.

Youth development is significantly better than 23 but has some new quirks this year for sure.

Yeah I’ve turned this into a fun thing in my save. Im Bari and to put a fun spin on things, we take these well-known young players who aren’t getting game time on loan in hope when they return, they get game time.

This year, we just got Rasmus Hojlund because he only started 1 game in Uniteds 50+ matches. They played Bruno Fernandes as ST. Some would say it’s unrealistic to loan Hojlund but hey, somebody has to revive his career haha

The international stuff, it’s difficult because I’d prefer AI managers select players based on form. Of course taking the league the player is in into consideration too. But one of my annoyances before was AI selecting players based on CA even when they’re not playing (Harry Maguire 😂).

2 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

U extended him on a deal he wasnt happy with. This isnt broken. Before ever “triggering extension clause” you need to ask the player/agent if he wants to renew. Or if hes looking for better terms, etc.

i recently triggered extension on a player who had 0 interest in staying w us. Well, he got upset. And I had to sell him to the first 1m (agreed w him) offer I got for him. 

theres nothing broken w that. 

At some point he signed a contract where he agreed the club has the right to extend said contract by a year.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

No. I extended the contract before he wanted a new one.

Right but before extending did u talk to him, his agent, or see his happiness screen? Theyll usually let u know his not happy w that contract. Therefore extending is a no-no, youre adding a year to a contract he doesnt want. U can extend a young player or player who isnt looking for a payraise any time soon with almost 0 consequence. But if its a player whose on the verge of asking for a new and improved deal, and u extend it, it will upset him. Happened to me recently and seems totally realistic. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably deeper. Much like how virtually every AI manager had "wing play" as preferred style of play, which they "sorted" by just hiding that part of the profile.

As an aside, International management had the National Pool players show up in the squad planner, which is an idea I love. 

This is definitely still a thing. Playing in Championnat National (French 3rd Division), every manager so far is Wing Play, with not many tendancies either.

Just now, Viking said:

At some point he signed a contract where he agreed the club has the right to extend said contract by a year.

No doubt. And u do have that right. U can extend it without his need to “agree”. And most of the time u can extend with 0 consequence. But if u wanna talk about “realism”, u should be on a day to day basis with your players, you should KNOW hes not happy with that deal at the moment, and that if u extend him he may have a word about it. In theory theres nothing he can do, but he CAN come up to u and A) demand a better deal or B) tell u he wants to be sold (turn in transfer request) or C) tell u he wont renew now after the additional year. 

either way all realistic issues, that can be solved my making sure hes happy w his current deal before extending. 

29 minutes ago, fm2020.smith said:

just some feedback 

i dont get the defensive side. no one tracks, i get if a player isn't good enough that's fine but really good players don't track and don't defend spaces.

players don't know what to do if there is too much space on the pitch, its lie the me isn't quite what the players without the ball should be doing they react rather that are pro active about the space 

moral is just broke, players don't like the teamtalks but you just held united to 00 away and praised the defense? doesn't make any sense and your guessing on the feedbacks rather than be tactical and being yourself

tactics don't really seem to matter, its not a tactical simulation not even close 

teams don't rotate 

the shame of the game is how miles went on about how this is the complete game and then its not. 

Interesting point regarding moral and shouts in game. I was previously put off using shouts because i personally didn’t find it most logical. Id praise the defence for playing well during the game and they get upset. So previously, I’ve left shouts in game.

this year, im  playing against the machine. I use “fire up” every 15mins and despite player’s reacting negatively towards it, they somehow put on a performance.

1-0 down away to Milan as a poor team, I *feel* I get a way better reaction berating the team rather than encouraging.

maybe shouts could work along with your managers personality. If you’re a motivator then your players expect more motivational shouts from you. Anything else, the players would find it uncharacteristic from you therefore reaction negatively or have no reaction at all.

If you have a low Level of Discipline then you’re players expect more laid back shouts. More encouragement. If you start berating players, again, they find that uncharacteristic from you therefore react negatively.

that would be my suggestion towards it  because team talks and shouts don’t feel logical and more so “I’m clicking this because they react to it better this FM”

Edited by RDF Tactics

Goalkeepers reaction to shots from outside the area needs to be improved. Right now it feels like they have a hole in their body.

The balls goes either through them or next to them. One of the reason the results get inflated is because of this.

29 minutes ago, 412gt said:

This is definitely still a thing. Playing in Championnat National (French 3rd Division), every manager so far is Wing Play, with not many tendancies either.

Yeah some skins bring that back up onto manager profiles and you can see it again.

Feels like an easy win to sort quickly tbh, but has been there since the release of the beta.

3 hours ago, wazza said:

I'm a veteran on cm / fm and started playing it from the 1st version way back in time. I have never seen such a weird feature been put in the game.  I don't know of any managers irl who put on face paint, so do not know why this was introduced. Also when you see the manager avatar on the pitch, it's too small to tell it has it on, also same issue with rings and other items they added to it.

Imo it's a bit pointless, yes have the avatar and dress him, but that should be it. The feature then needs no more development and time should be spent on other aspects of the game instead of the small things ou cannot see on him.  If anything that does need development ion this they could vary the manager clothes more, different types of manager coats large ones and also smaller ones, not a suit jackets and different styles.

As you say they may have reasons for introducing it but doent make sense to me 

Yeah, the whole facepaint and small decorative items for the avatar that can never be seen in game is just such a strange decision. I suppose at least the face paint can be seen as there are screens where your manager's head appears, but rings etc. are only ever seen on the avatar build screen.

But SI often make weird decisions - here's a really minor cosmetic one - makes absolutely no difference to anyone, but is just odd decision making.  In player celebrations you'll probably have noticed there's one where a player runs over to the corner flag and does an Irish jig - now I can count the number of times I've seen that celebration IRL on the fingers of no hands.  What I do see every matchday, and even multiple times in a single game, is a knee slide.  Yet there's no knee slide celebration in FM, Someone has taken a decision to go "knee slide. no.  Irish jig yes.".   

Just weird decision making - this is a trivial example, but it permeates throughout the game. Odd prioritisation of some things and ignoring others (like not ensuring that every licensed league works 100% each edition (how is that not a contractual condition of the license?))

40 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

No doubt. And u do have that right. U can extend it without his need to “agree”. And most of the time u can extend with 0 consequence. But if u wanna talk about “realism”, u should be on a day to day basis with your players, you should KNOW hes not happy with that deal at the moment, and that if u extend him he may have a word about it. In theory theres nothing he can do, but he CAN come up to u and A) demand a better deal or B) tell u he wants to be sold (turn in transfer request) or C) tell u he wont renew now after the additional year. 

either way all realistic issues, that can be solved my making sure hes happy w his current deal before extending. 

So, in summary: A player signs a contract where he agrees that the club has the right to extend it by a year. Two years later the club extends the contract by a year. The players says he wants a new contract and gets one. When the new contract is signed he suddenly gets unhappy because the previous contract was extended and he wants to leave the club.

Is there an example of this happening in real life?

36 minutes ago, Viking said:

So, in summary: A player signs a contract where he agrees that the club has the right to extend it by a year. Two years later the club extends the contract by a year. The players says he wants a new contract and gets one. When the new contract is signed he suddenly gets unhappy because the previous contract was extended and he wants to leave the club.

Is there an example of this happening in real life?

My apologies. I think I didnt get your explanation the first time. I took it as you extended him even tho he wanted a new (and improved) deal. Him being upset at the previous contract being extended even tho u already gave him a new, better, one does not make sense, youre right. 

i thought he was simply upset u extended him, as what he wanted was a new one. Didnt realize u already gave him said new contract. 

11 hours ago, Ronnieekelund said:

My wcbs overlap fine constantly putting crosses in. 

Dunno i have seen many matches they don't do what is in the role description at all, ofc they sometimes do go wide and put a cross but there is no clear movement just some random moments, watch a full match with WCB (A) and see what happens when the WB has the ball and you will see he won't make an overlap or underlap like none.