[FM24] The Ajax Way

SteinkelssonFM

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleons articles on Ajax have been something I keep going back to when I'm playing. Think FM24 is actually more suited to the approach you want to take here, and, its definitely something I'm going to be keeping an eye on, either here, or on VFTT

2 hours ago, robterrace said:

Cleons articles on Ajax have been something I keep going back to when I'm playing. Think FM24 is actually more suited to the approach you want to take here, and, its definitely something I'm going to be keeping an eye on, either here, or on VFTT

I'm pretty confident that the way I play today is heavily based on Cleon's Ajax articles over the years. 

I will definitely be jumping in here looking for youth development tips! Academies like Ajax's, Barcelona's etc fascinate me and how you apply the real life stuff to FM will be really interesting! Good luck and I hope you do better than Ajax in real life! :cool: 

22 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

@robterrace @Gene @diLLa88 @john1 @DavutOzkan @warlock @larrie @_Ben_ @Sizeman21 @Hootieleece @roganp

Thanks for taking the time to drop a comment, I think it is fair to say that @Cleon has inspired many of us with regards to his historic/current articles! If I can help to aid the understand with regards to youth development through this thread, then I would have achieved my goal. 

I am yet to start the save, as waiting for full release. Ajax start staff less in FM due to licensing issues, and therefore as soon as the editor becomes available, an the guys updating the real name fix (etc) patch on Sortitoutsi do their thing, I will be in position to kick things off. 

Don't worry, I have you all covered, my next post will land later in the week, this will be setting the scene, helping to make the wider audience aware of the chaos that has been going on within the club.

After that I have written another post on the Ajax way DNA, introducing you to some of the talent from within De Toekomst. This will provide mw with an initial buffer, enabling me the time to get stuck into the save and start getting my thoughts down on paper.

I am really excited for this save to begin and truly believe it can be a special one. 

Cheers @MattyLewis11

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for the the full release before starting my Ajax save due to the licensing issues you mentioned. 

I'll be utilizing a 3-4-3 in the vein of Van Gaal - but also utilizing a 4-3-3 - and the principles Cruyff laid out in numerous videos and interviews. I wanted to sign only staff who have the 3-4-3 as their preferred formation to try and simulate the club having one identity, but when you try and filter staff by preferred formation, you can't select 3-4-3. 

Can’t wait for this! The ‘Ajax way’ of playing, that Dutch Total Football, has always been my favourite style to try and replicate. Excited to see how you interpret this in the new match engine with the improved positional play and roles. 

Good luck! :) 

This is absolutely brilliant and I wish you luck. I love the idea of building around a whole philosophy like this. Probably no better club to do it with than Ajax.

Tried something similar with Real Sociedad. Managed the C team to the top of their respective table. Unfortunately the B team got relegated into my division, which meant the C team got relegated (can't be in the same division), which meant that I got fired. Ah well.

Well done @MattyLewis11

I want to get mine up and running this evening or tomorrow possibly — I'm still playing my Beta save with Strasbourg. I look forward to hearing more about your plans utilizing DNA data. I think for a club like Ajax this would be especially useful in identifying "Ajax" players. 

Random question, but what skin are you using? 

10 hours ago, Broabander said:

How did you get the staff into your game

The 'Real Name Fix' on Sortitoutsi has an editor file in, which ensures Ajax have staff at the start of the save. One key reason why I have had to delay the start of the save. 👍

13 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

The 'Real Name Fix' on Sortitoutsi has an editor file in, which ensures Ajax have staff at the start of the save. One key reason why I have had to delay the start of the save. 👍

Thanks for the info. Will be downloading that then so I can start my proper Ajax save :)

Wow, truly a great thread! I will follow this with great interest. I'm about to start a new save with Ajax as well. With regard to the editor file 'Real Name Fix' on Sortitoutsi that you use, is this file somehow made by the team behind Football Manager or is the file and the specific attributes of the leaders fan made? Would be great to know since I haven't yet decided whether to use this editor file or not.

3 hours ago, Qeroz said:

Wow, truly a great thread! I will follow this with great interest. I'm about to start a new save with Ajax as well. With regard to the editor file 'Real Name Fix' on Sortitoutsi that you use, is this file somehow made by the team behind Football Manager or is the file and the specific attributes of the leaders fan made? Would be great to know since I haven't yet decided whether to use this editor file or not.

It is not made by SI, as they are not able to due to licencing. the real name fix is community made 

So glad to see that you're starting where the team currently is (or where they were when you wrote it) as opposed to the beginning of the season. They are too well-rated in-game, and you would probably win the league in the first season otherwise. Should make the first season/window a bit more interesting in this scenario. 

@DefinitelyTaylor you will be pleased to know that Branco van den Boomen features in my next post (Friday) which covers the Ajax way DNA. In this blog I will be covering the underpinning attributes which will shape the club, from player pathways to recruitment.

@DavutOzkan I am sorry to disappoint, I started with the vanilla database instead of a custom one, I feared that without significant testing I would be placing the long-term save at risk, which I am confident this years FM will go the distance.

@RogerC @larrie @Oppiiz @endadc After the DNA blog, I am currently working on one called Steijnkelsson, which will compare my results against those of Maurice Steijn, given the Eredivisie schedule mirrors that of real life, in my opinion a perfect way to start documenting some matches. 

image.png.cbd97ec72d60e76d74d8df5b6651d7e7.png

However, the above team cohesion visual is after playing 23 matches (competitive and friendly) which from experience isn't the norm. FM seem to have accurately captured the incapability of the team to play as a collective, impacting team performance.

image.png.5496e5d328dab422769fb92a67654c9f.png

Off the pitch the team are also split into three social groups along with both Carlos Borges and Benjamin Tahirović very much outcasts. There is much to work on, which is probably one of the reasons as to why I have delayed firing out content as I want to make sure what I cover is of value. 

i really struggled in mine during the first season an i finished third in the end and that was on a run of 12 straight league wins. I think i was very close to getting sacked. very interested to see your tactics and DNA posts. 

Great thread! I'm enjoying it. Could you expand a bit more on the attributes treshold? Is 13 the above-average number? That's why you set it as good and 14 as excellent? I'm interested because I never know how to asses my squad.

6 hours ago, Maverik1828 said:

What stats are you using to determine the ajax dna is it different for every position and just a standard set across the board? 

Standard across the board, I have selected the DNA based on the game model I want to play. In my opinion, it would make no sense in wanting each role or even unit to have a different DNA as our team will be playing in a fluid system at all times, attacking and defending as one. 

17 hours ago, bosque said:

Great thread! I'm enjoying it. Could you expand a bit more on the attributes treshold? Is 13 the above-average number? That's why you set it as good and 14 as excellent? I'm interested because I never know how to asses my squad.

I used FMStags findings, which identifed the average for the Eredivisie to be 11.  Therefore I simply thought if a player holds attributes with a rating of 3 points above the league average, they are significantly better at that attribute than others. 

If I didn't play with attribute masking on, I could have taken the analysis one step further and showed what percentage of players have attributes rated at any given number to see what truly is an exceptional rating. However, I don't and always play this way as I like to rely on the staff in game to unearth talent. 

7 hours ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Standard across the board, I have selected the DNA based on the game model I want to play. In my opinion, it would make no sense in wanting each role or even unit to have a different DNA as our team will be playing in a fluid system at all times, attacking and defending as one. 

I used FMStags findings, which identifed the average for the Eredivisie to be 11.  Therefore I simply thought if a player holds attributes with a rating of 3 points above the league average, they are significantly better at that attribute than others. 

If I didn't play with attribute masking on, I could have taken the analysis one step further and showed what percentage of players have attributes rated at any given number to see what truly is an exceptional rating. However, I don't and always play this way as I like to rely on the staff in game to unearth talent. 

Yeah thats makes sense what stats are you using attributes wise im also doing an ajax save and using the T.I.P.S method to scout players amd just wanted to compare wha attributes your looking at and what you would consider a minimum number of each attribute? 

Edited by Maverik1828
Spelling

19 horas atrás, MattyLewis11 disse:

Where can I find those findings?