The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Are they just waiting for us to beat the page record before they release the beta? 3 pages to go almost there

*Pumps fist*

You've really controlled the midfield, I want more of the same from you in extra time

Just now, gunner86 said:

Shocking revelation #1

im excited about the IFB, but I don’t think I’ll use it. It’s not a very Ben White role.

I'm just excited to know they worked on the players rotating more from their defensive positions. I know they did it before but I hope it's more pronounced 

Just now, marcMCFC1986 said:

While we're all here - I'm really no understanding the 'Your World' option when starting a new game.

Does it basically mean none of the Summer Transfer business has happened? It's basically FM23 squads?

The squads are as in real life at the beginning of July 2023.

hace 3 minutos, gunner86 dijo:

Shocking revelation #1

im excited about the IFB, but I don’t think I’ll use it. It’s not a very Ben White role.

I'll try this with Ben Giles on the right. Don't know if it will break the game or my career, but that is life, trying and enjoying the way.

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Shocking revelation #1

What im not liking about it is that for me, or here in Spain at least, an inverted fullback is not only someone who comes in and acts as a third cb, its also a player who comes in and orchestrates the build up, as an extra midfielder. Like cancelo, or dani alves did for barcelona. Usually this inverted fullback is paired with a wide winger, leaving the wing to the winger, where as a traditional wide fullback with go well with an inverted winger who cuts inside, leaving the wing to the fullback. It seems theyve made inverted fullback simply be a 3rd cb. But oh well. 

1 minute ago, Micho21 said:

I'll try this with Ben Giles on the right. Don't know if it will break the game or my career, but that is life, trying and enjoying the way.

Luke shaw would be perfect considering his job at CB last season

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Every YouTuber and his dog who got an early version demonstrates all the inverted roles with Man City and Walker in that role

Are you going to be able to buy walker into Arsenal?

1 minute ago, Dadecane said:

What im not liking about it is that for me, or here in Spain at least, an inverted fullback is not only someone who comes in and acts as a third cb, its also a player who comes in and orchestrates the build up, as an extra midfielder. Like cancelo, or dani alves did for barcelona. Usually this inverted fullback is paired with a wide winger, leaving the wing to the winger, where as a traditional wide fullback with go well with an inverted winger who cuts inside, leaving the wing to the fullback. It seems theyve made inverted fullback simply be a 3rd cb. But oh well. 

That's the inverted wingback. It's already in the game

3 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

There's still the Inverted Wingback role which I think is more akin to the extra midfielder from fullback if it functions the same way as last year.

3 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Luke shaw would be perfect considering his job at CB last season

Problem is you lose his wide attacking play in the final third. Could play Martinez out of there though, would work well if you brought in another ball-playing CB and had Varane - CB - Martinez. Either that or use Lindelof and have Lindelof - Varane - Martinez. 

10 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Shocking revelation #1

wing back support - set to dribble inside but have overlaps. The Ben White of Ben White roles