Simple crafting of a 4-3-3 DM

6 minutes ago, Lasson said:

Is Kofod good enough in front of goal to be one of your primary goal scorers? I might remember his attributes wrong, but I might find another role/duty for him. 

He was solid for me in a similar role last year, but yeah, his ideal position is as a DM. But Dorgeles is really good, just got his first Ghana cap, and is listed as one of the Top 50 wonderkids (which I know certainly isn't an exact list). 

I do have an issue with natural goal scorers on the team. I'm using Musterman's graphical skin, so I can't see the exact numbers. At absolute best, my top guys are a 15 in finishing, but the number could be anywhere between 12 and 15.

What I should probably do is switch Rodriguez to an advanced forward and have Diamonde on support, with Kofod as Box to Box. That probably gets those key guys in their most suitable roles.

Edited by StatboySpurs

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3 DM Possession Style

Nice and simple, it's not my usual style but it's real simple, it does the job and it's a good excuse to use one of FM's more exotic roles 

From the back, the keeper can come out to clear up and play the odd through ball, the BPD can bring the ball out and the fullbacks, these guys are fantastic for playing keep ball. They have no hardcoded instructions and are free to play their own game. They don't put the team's possession at risk, they don't take the ball wide, they don't dribble on the ball or cross all the time (unless your player's traits dictate that they do). They will tuck in, look for the midfield and advanced players, they'll help keep possession

back4.png.b1bd5854ddcd73b37932332e7fcbecff.png

Now we're taking a very low risk approach with the fullbacks, we can go a bit crazy with the DM, loosen the shackles a bit. A Regista or Roaming Playmaker here fits the bill, a role free to roam and create which can help the team create chances from deep. From the two's 8's, nothing out of the ordinary here, two players to help shield the team's playmaker but still perform important team duties

mid3.png.2774cd7d634c4d16c14b16a9c6339b3e.png

Nothing exciting with the front 3 either, they're pretty standard to what I've posted before 

front3.png.7611a5d5779a198b6c3f312335fa11c2.png

Pressing from the front can help us score goals and win the ball back quickly but all sorts of combinations would serve the system well 

Spoiler

tactic.png.623ca3d48269fb203c714836a50b2044.png

12 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Don't you lack any penetration with (most) of your tactics? 

No, it's kind of the point I'm trying to make, you don't need a bunch of fancy roles and Attack duties, Support (and Defend) duties can score plenty :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not so simple this one but a lot of fun. I used it last year with a Raumdeuter, it's been modified a little but still creates the same combinations. I'm a top team here, so basically it leans towards those

4-4-3 DM - the False Nine   

It's kind of hard to go through each strata on it's own so I may as well plonk the lineup in here and then talk a little about it, I've added the TI's too so that it makes some sense 

tactic.png.dfa5a8b48de8f616f235abae993474bc.png

If you look at it for 30 seconds, you'll figure it out. Nice little overload on the right, focus play over on that side to give the IF a 1v1 over on the left. We're putting pressure on backlines and allowing our striker to drop off so that we don't just end up congesting the penalty area and clogging up play. The Narrow width is to encourage the ball infield, into the F9. The Wingbacks offer width, the DM sits, the CM doesn't venture into the channel I want the IF attacking. IF is the goal scorer, F9 is the scorer- creator, IW is the creator.  You can achieve similar effects with other roles and combinations too 

Some Bonus clips for fun :onmehead:

Spoiler

Some great link up between the MEZ and F9

F9.gif.d7eaa9e80434bd095ce7ca870d87349d.gif

Spoiler

F9 supplying the IF to score a nice solo effort 

IF1.gif.19feda498e86ee5d82bba912e9d4ea26.gif

Spoiler

F9 dropping in to find the IF 

If2.gif.f6313fd31b194f1a88b10397ba45a7f3.gif

Spoiler

F9 drops in to find the DM who finds the MEZ

Mezz.gif.68a641c853bbd53ad814902b5f3d4046.gif

1 minute ago, coach vahid said:

I'm on holidays. But i want to thank you. I'm using the 433 with the Cma with just lower line of engagement, counter and play into space. Just this and it's work like a charm. I needed to thank you.

Great stuff pal, enjoy your holiday :cool:

2 minutes ago, coach vahid said:

Hope you will continue this thread.:applause:

I can try, running out of variations now, I might do a wide AP(A) version because it's my role of FM23 

9 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Probably not so simple this one but a lot of fun. I used it last year with a Raumdeuter, it's been modified a little but still creates the same combinations. I'm a top team here, so basically it leans towards those

It's kind of hard to go through each strata on it's own so I may as well plonk the lineup in here and then talk a little about it, I've added the TI's too so that it makes some sense 

If you look at it for 30 seconds, you'll figure it out. Nice little overload on the right, focus play over on that side to give the IF a 1v1 over on the left. We're putting pressure on backlines and allowing our striker to drop off so that we don't just end up congesting the penalty area and clogging up play. The Narrow width is to encourage the ball infield, into the F9. The Wingbacks offer width, the DM sits, the CM doesn't venture into the channel I want the IF attacking. IF is the goal scorer, F9 is the scorer- creator, IW is the creator.  You can achieve similar effects with other roles and combinations too 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Simple, yet beautiful. I've been running a 5-2-2-1 DM AM formation with my Vojvodina team in Serbia, which is working like a charm and I'm enjoying the football that has been produced using that shape. I've been thinking about having a backup formation for some time as I'm, according to the data hub, having more trouble against the 4-3-3 DM. I'm facing that shape 24% of the time (1.142 minutes) and in that time, I'm a +7 in chance creation. I'm conceding a chance on a much higher rate against that compared to against the 4-2-3-1 DM. Maybe a simple 4-3-3 DM as an alternative would do the trick.

Edited by Lasson

19 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I can try, running out of variations now, I might do a wide AP(A) version because it's my role of FM23

You could do a 4231 DM appendix. I mean, is a 433 but with a 2-1 instead of a 1-2 :D

Edited by bosque

2 minutes ago, bosque said:

You could do a 4231 DM appendix. I mean, is a 433 but with a 2-1 instead of a 1-2 :D

I do use the 4-2-3-1 DM a lot, they're all pretty much the same as the one's I used last year but I probably only use 3 or 4 different versions. I could do a little thread about them I guess if it's helpful 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I do use the 4-2-3-1 DM a lot, they're all pretty much the same as the one's I used last year but I probably only use 3 or 4 different versions. I could do a little thread about them I guess if it's helpful 

I would love it. This year I'm trying to go deep on the 4231 DM because I got a little bored with the 433.

image.png.a2c1f67b19dc4ceb085dddb1eb25a6fa.png

I've switched to the 4-3-3 DM Wide for the last five games. I still have my 5-2-2-1 DM AM, and I will probably use that for games when the opponent will play with two strikers up front. The 0-2 defeat was away to AC Milan in the Champions League, so nothing to really worry about even though I was played out of the park in that game.

image.png.7218f35ba061cf621736fd353b894391.png

This is the setup I have chosen to go with for now. I might experiment later on with a different setup, but for now this is the way forward for me.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Nice one @Lasson, that's a very nice setup. It's not a million miles away from the 4-3-3 DM I've been using in the Youth Academy Challenge 

I like the football it has been producing. I especially like the APa. I was really in doubt as to whether I should go with the APa or a MEZa. So far I'm happy with my decision. 

1 hour ago, Lasson said:

I like the football it has been producing. I especially like the APa. I was really in doubt as to whether I should go with the APa or a MEZa. So far I'm happy with my decision. 

I like how you have a Winger out on the left so he's not inverting into the space you want your playmaker to be effective in, then the Fullback isn't too adventurous so he can help cover that side. Then you have something completely different on the right, the IF looking to score and create, the Wingback stretching the right flank with the CM and DM looking to keep it tight in midfield. TIs all make sense, it looks a solid and coherent setup to me   :thup:

YAC4-3-3.png.b2fe3affadcd0f6e6a64d1d99b578068.png

That's my current setup in one of my saves, it's not a million miles away from yours, I'm just asking more from the wingbacks than the midfield. I find an AP(S) in CM will cover similar areas of the pitch to a CM(S) just with more creativity. I think in the Advanced part of the naming is to distinguish it from the DLP   

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I wanna say I'm suprised how effective the 'generic' roles can be when setup right with PIs.

image.png.41e159a328d2500c131a9316b26684e5.png

This is my current setup that's dominating all competitions. I don't think I've ever used a Full Back defend before, figured it was too negative. However I've told him to specifically mark any AMLs and he currently has the most interceptions for my team.

Its the same with the DM support, I'd default throw in a DLP or half back usually. Yet he does exactly what I need him to do with this role: shields the defence, provides passing options and progresses the ball without being too fancy

This threads been really eye-opening for me to keep it simple when building a tactic.

19 minutes ago, Bellyfish said:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I wanna say I'm suprised how effective the 'generic' roles can be when setup right with PIs.

This is my current setup that's dominating all competitions. I don't think I've ever used a Full Back defend before, figured it was too negative. However I've told him to specifically mark any AMLs and he currently has the most interceptions for my team.

Its the same with the DM support, I'd default throw in a DLP or half back usually. Yet he does exactly what I need him to do with this role: shields the defence, provides passing options and progresses the ball without being too fancy

This threads been really eye-opening for me to keep it simple when building a tactic.

What is your full setup (TI´s and PI´s)?

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I like how you have a Winger out on the left so he's not inverting into the space you want your playmaker to be effective in, then the Fullback isn't too adventurous so he can help cover that side. Then you have something completely different on the right, the IF looking to score and create, the Wingback stretching the right flank with the CM and DM looking to keep it tight in midfield. TIs all make sense, it looks a solid and coherent setup to me   :thup:

That's my current setup in one of my saves, it's not a million miles away from yours, I'm just asking more from the wingbacks than the midfield. I find an AP(S) in CM will cover similar areas of the pitch to a CM(S) just with more creativity. I think in the Advanced part of the naming is to distinguish it from the DLP   

How would you go about that same setup but swaping the AF for a big man-role like a TF or DLF s?

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Thank you very much. Normally I would go with a midfield trio of one defensive duty, one support duty and one attacking duty. This thread made me look at it differently. Thank you for that. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

That seems like a quality setup. I like having both wingbacks up high as they hold the width a tad better in the final third compared to wingers. 

Also, I get so happy seeing tactics with not a lot of TI's. 

1 hour ago, Mutumba said:

How would you go about that same setup but swaping the AF for a big man-role like a TF or DLF s?

Oooh, I'd probably avoid a TM in a 4-3-3 DM myself, I've not really tried it as it's usually recommended they have a strike partner or an AM to help play off them. You could always try and pair them with an IF(A), a Winger on the other flank and a couple of Wingbacks, then have a simple midfield 3, could be an interesting battering ram style tactic 

DLF(S) I did one a page or two back with an IF(A) and a deeper attacking player, a Mezzala(A) or CM(A), so basically the DLF would serve as the creative 10 then you use a wide striker  

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've no idea how people manage with every TI option used :lol:

My thoughts exactly. It must be impossible knowing what is working and what is not. 

I've had a go @Mutumba

4-3-3 DM - the brick outhouse Target Forward style

One for the lower leagues, aggressive teams and the grafters, can't promise any pretty football with this one 

Basic backline with supporting wingbacks to provide width and crosses from deep (PI can be added). Could go with a standard keeper and NCBs 

back4.png.59d3b62df1a86eb4c31a10a90f4232b5.png

And a basic midfield triangle, no room for playmakers here. Anchor sits and protects, BMW (Vinny Jones type player) to break up play (and ankles) and support

mid3.png.27ce720999d05f4a4a84c0c5862b842f.png

BWM is intentionally on the left, so the IF doesn't have to track back incase the BWM presses out of position. I went with an Inverted Winger in the end, a third Wing role would probably too much and with a lack in mobility in the TF role, I felt an inverted role would be the best way to go. Cross from Deep and Cross more Often are optional PIs on the role. I think a more mobile attacking role is needed from the flank really, it could be dropped down to Support if it's too much and the TF is carrying out the goal scoring task 

front3.png.5224dc766cd66825f2fb741ff1d0f503.png   

Full tactic with TIs

Spoiler

tactic.png.07ab766261a8229d41e328a4a5723b0a.png

TI's can be tuned as you see fit, I probably wouldn't drop the lines with the assumed lack pace in the TF. Get stuck in is a good option if you want to get nasty. Distribution can be changed direct to the TF. Room to go more Direct or Wider and to Hit Early Crosses

Some bonus GIFs for fun 

Spoiler

WB crossing for the TF

TF1.gif.89f4951605c6f650787bff9b62381641.gif

IW to the TF

TF2.gif.023a9a775f2414621f26a63ec723134e.gif

Nice through ball for the IF, TF's can still score non headed goals, just uses his strength to boss the defender out the way and smack it into the top corner

TF3.gif.9139fcfb31bdddd605af966a1ee92a20.gif

A nice move, starting and ending with the TF, shame it didn't go in

Nicemove.gif.dfd2a0c492ab9dd6a49ccdb60623bc38.gif

Supply from midfield 

TM4.gif.3f0c6e3b3c71e91497b048eb544b9ebc.gif

4 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

na its just what im having a lot of success with lately. i only mess with out of possession TIs and tempo. tried Mez/s instead of AP with varying results. 

Good to hear, nice one, looks good :thup:

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've had a go @Mutumba

4-3-3 DM - the brick outhouse Target Forward style

One for the lower leagues, aggressive teams and the grafters, can't promise any pretty football with this one 

Basic backline with supporting wingbacks to provide width and crosses from deep (PI can be added). Could go with a standard keeper and NCBs 

back4.png.59d3b62df1a86eb4c31a10a90f4232b5.png

And a basic midfield triangle, no room for playmakers here. Anchor sits and protects, BMW (Vinny Jones type player) to break up play (and ankles) and support

mid3.png.27ce720999d05f4a4a84c0c5862b842f.png

BWM is intentionally on the left, so the IF doesn't have to track back incase the BWM presses out of position. I went with an Inverted Winger in the end, a third Wing role would probably too much and with a lack in mobility in the TF role, I felt an inverted role would be the best way to go. Cross from Deep and Cross more Often are optional PIs on the role. I think a more mobile attacking role is needed from the flank really, it could be dropped down to Support if it's too much and the TF is carrying out the goal scoring task 

front3.png.5224dc766cd66825f2fb741ff1d0f503.png   

Full tactic with TIs

Reveal hidden contents

tactic.png.07ab766261a8229d41e328a4a5723b0a.png

TI's can be tuned as you see fit, I probably wouldn't drop the lines with the assumed lack pace in the TF. Get stuck in is a good option if you want to get nasty. Distribution can be changed direct to the TF. Room to go more Direct or Wider and to Hit Early Crosses

Some bonus GIFs for fun 

Hide contents

WB crossing for the TF

TF1.gif.89f4951605c6f650787bff9b62381641.gif

IW to the TF

TF2.gif.023a9a775f2414621f26a63ec723134e.gif

Nice through ball for the IF, TF's can still score non headed goals, just uses his strength to boss the defender out the way and smack it into the top corner

TF3.gif.9139fcfb31bdddd605af966a1ee92a20.gif

A nice move, starting and ending with the TF, shame it didn't go in

Nicemove.gif.dfd2a0c492ab9dd6a49ccdb60623bc38.gif

Supply from midfield 

TM4.gif.3f0c6e3b3c71e91497b048eb544b9ebc.gif

Much appreciated! Cheers!

12 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

My version of simple 433 DM Wide

Screenshot_1.png.1fac7c97b890829c844d518744b6cb74.png

I really like this setup, DLP - BBM - MEZ is also my favourite midfield trio. The only thing is that BBM and MEZ both roam from position. And with the DLP on defend, doesn't this mean there can be a gap in midfield? Or do you use some PI to prevent this? 

Em 15/07/2023 em 11:19, Bellyfish disse:

I don't get why people think the FB(d) is too negative. Sometimes all you need is an extra man in the first phase of build up or someone in the back to keep counters honest. The FB(s) sometimes helps bringing the ball out, but sometimes it doesn't that well or you need the extra security most often than not. I also would like the WB(d), but I find that he is really random overlapping most often than not. 

Edited by Razor940

2 hours ago, Karlo said:

I really like this setup, DLP - BBM - MEZ is also my favourite midfield trio. The only thing is that BBM and MEZ both roam from position. And with the DLP on defend, doesn't this mean there can be a gap in midfield? Or do you use some PI to prevent this? 

I don't see so much gap there, since IWB Su cover the Mez At position frequently. I am switching as well between Mez At and CM At.

17 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

My version of simple 433 DM Wide

Screenshot_1.png.1fac7c97b890829c844d518744b6cb74.png

It's not my kind of 4-3-3, but it could obviously still work. It also goes against some of the advice on the midfield trio from @Johnny Ace.

In this case I would swith the DLP from defend duty to support duty. Firstly to make the trio play closer together. Secondly to up his mentality and ping some more creative balls to your three runners (MEZa, IFa and AF).

3 hours ago, Lasson said:

It's not my kind of 4-3-3, but it could obviously still work. It also goes against some of the advice on the midfield trio from @Johnny Ace.

That's fine by me, these are just guild lines aimed towards newer players and those that are struggling

@fc.cadoni is an experienced player, who knows what he's doing and will know his players and what they're capable of 

Hello

my main problems are away games. I win at home even against the best teams of the League (Bundesliga).

But away games are really hard. Even against teams from the relegation zone I'm not able to win in away games.

Do you guys have some special approach, if you are playing away games?

2 hours ago, Captain_T said:

Hello

my main problems are away games. I win at home even against the best teams of the League (Bundesliga).

But away games are really hard. Even against teams from the relegation zone I'm not able to win in away games.

Do you guys have some special approach, if you are playing away games?

You might be better off starting a new thread @Captain_T with a screenshot of your tactic and any details you can give :thup:

On 13/07/2023 at 21:26, Johnny Ace said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi! Been trying this with arsenal and the squad they have right now after signing havertz, timber and rice. im blowing team away at home but look very shaky away. tried to go a bit more counter midblock when its been poor results away but cant seem to get it to work.

26 minutes ago, The Silly **** Of Napoli said:

Hi! Been trying this with arsenal and the squad they have right now after signing havertz, timber and rice. im blowing team away at home but look very shaky away. tried to go a bit more counter midblock when its been poor results away but cant seem to get it to work.

If you're going for a midblock counter style I'd probably switch up for one of the spearhead type 4-3-3's

The F9 tactic is useful against the teams that sit back & defend so the F9 can pull the the centre backs forward and let others in behind. If the opposition are coming at you like the Liverpools and Citys you won't need to do that as they'll push their backlines up and leave the space in behind. Roles like the AF and Poacher can take advantage of that as you'll be looking to get balls in behind for them to run onto. Get a nice solid midfield 3 with maybe a BWM in there and give it a try :thup:  

Am 13.7.2023 um 21:26 schrieb Johnny Ace:

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

These scenes are looking realy great!

Maybe stupid question, but: These scenes are from FM23 (not 22), am I right?

I'm looking to change up my current 4231 tactic a bit and try to adopt an inverted wingback to create a 3241 in attack (a bit like a Pep tactic) and was hoping you might be able to give me some advice on a good combination of midfield roles.

Last season I was playing this:

image.png.3e4f355a42afdb62e23792984af43885.png

The plan was to shift play to the left to create space for Endrick as the IFa to run into. This was very successful and resulted in us being top scorers in the league. As a result, I am tempted not to mess too much with the attacking trio, but want to try and change up the build-up.

I came up with something like this and would like your feedback on any obvious weaknesses or improvements?

image.png.dc13904defcbd9556f10fd375dff56b1.png

That first tactic looks pretty interesting @Abaddon879:thup:

I think your 4-3-3 looks pretty good too, I'm just wondering if that FB(D) is going to do enough for the team on the right. You have a stable base with the DLP, your left side is going to be moving infield so I would think a WB on the right would help give a little width to the team  

I've had a lot of joy with the 4-3-3, but found that my standard version had trouble against teams who sat deep and restricted space (which I'm seeing more and more often).

Based on what I've learned in this thread (which has been my 'must check every day') , I've come up with this.  I would use this when I'm dominating but can't break through.  I'm the strongest team in my league.

Thoughts? (this is FM22)  

ScreenShot2023-07-18at6_44_13PM.thumb.png.5fbbf35741f6cbcc345c5fc7e58f6b57.png

I've used it a couple of times and the results were good (just so happened to be against the same team, once in pre-season and once early in the season), so the sample size is limited.

I went with a trequartista because

a) I wanted to try it,

b) since I'm going to be using this in games I expect to dominate I thought I could afford a role that might not put as much work in defensively, and

c) I have a few players who I think are good enough to play it at my level.

Also wondering what the community's thoughts are on the footedness of the trequartista - are they like inverted wingers/inside forwards where if he's on the right it's better if he's left-footed, or does it not matter?

That looks great @Toronto Blizzard I can't see any major issues

I can't help but think you could swap over your two wide attacker roles though, the Mezz on the left could be moving into a similar area your IF is wanting to attack which could attract defenders and restrict the space.

If the Treq was on the left, the Treq and Mezz could cause the overload, if the F9 drops into that area it could open up a 1 v 1 for your IF(A) against their fullback. Something to consider and potentially try out anyway :thup: 

7 hours ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

Also wondering what the community's thoughts are on the footedness of the trequartista - are they like inverted wingers/inside forwards where if he's on the right it's better if he's left-footed, or does it not matter?

Depends how you want them to act, in this case, with the F9 and your Treq on the right, I would want a left footed Treq myself. If it was purely to feed the IF, I'd want a right footer. You'll get a feel for it watching the games, you'll have "I wish this guy was right footed" moments when you start to notice the attack patterns       

Key thing to remember when using playmakers, Engange's and Treq's is you need to centralize you thinking around him and create as much movement as possible. I'd be tempted to try a few things to see what gets the best out of him. Johnny's suggestion of swapping the MC's is good. I'd probably try a DMCde and the FB on attack. Reason is you get the FB up to occupy space the IF leaves and the DMCde would help secure defensively. Hopefully this means when your Treq is on the ball he has a runner outside him (WBsu), a striker dropping deep, the Mez making channel runs, a winger running into the space the striker leaves and the FB as a slightly wider option.  That should give him loads of options to chose from.

I'm still running the 4-3-3 DM Wide with my Vojvodina side. 5-2-2-1 DM AM has become a distant backup formation primarily used against 4-4-2, which is a rarity. The only difference since my last post is that I have changed my WBs to a FBa for some better stability. More and more teams are sitting back against me and I'm conceding some silly goals if I'm being honest. It's a pretty new wrinkle to the setup, so I might go back to the WBs at some point down the line.

image.png.d838b8141c674005ea15ff116feb9e30.png

image.png.18b180c1892f6015f7a9de96d4e9f55b.png

image.png.2652217a08bc770d23e188a4a2e3ddf2.png

image.png.1028f8d22b23cb4bb7c0e6d5fe854eca.png

image.png

Ridiculous numbers so far this season. It really does help reading some posts on this forum.

Edited by Lasson

Lil brag post

Finally figured out the tactic this season

Spoiler

image.png.3f652c9ea0182d8baba4bb773e30fec1.png

image.png.04b755902a519f26d65925e371fd3c26.png

image.png.8d4ccfe0ea0ddf484e99b30e3f6007d8.png

below are PIs and reasoning for this

i have full backs on stay wider to become de-facto always open and always available as a passing option

right back - stay wider, cross more often (so he crosses to far post if Gouiri is lurking) and more direct passes (so he gets the ball to edwards and thuram in space more often, fresneda is underrated passer with 16)

zouma - mark tighter (strong, old school center back, no fuss about it)

left back - stay wider

defensive mid - more direct passes (excellent playmaker but don't want to use dlp so he doesnt attract the ball as much, gets 10 assists per season, plenty of through balls)

ap-s - roam from position (great off the ball and intelligent, always finds pockets of space to be in), cross more often (it's kdb, cmon)

both wingers - mark tighter (marks fullbacks more, tracks back more especially with next PI), close down more, shoot less often (reduces number of long shots, but still are direct with attempts on goal)

striker - close down more

25 minutes ago, yorkie87 said:

Could i ask for some criticism of my tactic please mate?

Such as areas i could improve please?

20230719214721_1.jpg

You may lack a player offering width on your left flank because the Inverted Winger... inverts, and the fullback on support doesn't always ends up wide.