[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, ceefax the cat said:

I'm looking for a skin that's fairly transparent so I can see my lovely city / stadium backgrounds for longer than 0.5 seconds a week. Are there many of those around?

OPZ, Vince, Kojuro or the transparent base skin i made in the sticky post

8 hours ago, Ayal said:

What do you mean? All I did was add this bit of code to the bottom of that xml file just above the </panel> line:

<widget id="PenD" class="match_penalty_shootout_display" hidden="true">
    <animation class="slide_in_top_animation" duration="0.6" tween="ease_out" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
    <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
</widget>

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

Which files contain the Squad > Overview > Overview list, Scouting > Players > Players in Range, and Scouting > Shortlist > Shortlist? I can't seem to find the right files :(

person/person search team shortlist views.xml
team squad.xml or team squad tactics pane.xml
can't remember the players in range

not home, so can't dobble check for you

Is it possible to add additional attribute boundaries that are configurable from within the game like the existing boundaries?

I can find the settings in application_settings.xml

<!--see game_types.h-->
	<integer id="auto_save_mode" value="30" />
	<integer id="match_scheduling_mode" value="1" />
	<integer id="view_match_result_only" value="1" />
	<boolean id="skip_match_day_experience" value="false" />
	<boolean id="enable_background_changes" value="true" />
	<boolean id="always_reload_skin" value="false" />
	<boolean id="save_shortlist_with_suffix" value="true" />
	<integer id="average_attribute_boundary" value="6" />
	<integer id="good_attribute_boundary" value="11" />
	<integer id="excellent_attribute_boundary" value="16" />

Adding something like:

<integer id="poor_attribute_boundary" value="3" />
	<integer id="verygood_attribute_boundary" value="14" />

I can see files like game_settings_meta_data.xml and fm colours.xml would also need to be updated with corresponding updates.

I can't see how these boundaries get referenced so they are reflected in panels that show player lists with attributes? The existing boundary references look to be locked by the underlying code? Or am I missing something?

From deconstructing other community skins I can see how people get around by some custom xml files but cannot find any examples of custom boundaries being utilised.

Edited by Powermonger

Hello, I want to eliminate all player face photos in the game.  My preference would be just blank space where the photo would have been located, second best would be everybody has a shadow face. 

I've been able to do this in past versions, but things always seem to keep changing or I keep forgetting.  I was able to do it after the early march FM23 update by using resource archiver to extract graphic.fmf and deleting all the player faces and creating a new archive. 

Whatever I did worked perfectly and there was just blank space for all player, staff, etc.  Then SI issued the late March update and now I have a combination of blank spaces where the default faces were, shadow faces for everyone who didn't have a photo, and some new player photos that seem to have come from nowhere and I can't find how to get rid of them.  It doesn't even seem like the player photos are in the graphics.fmf file like before, but maybe I'm misremembering where I deleted them from.

In any event, can someone please help.  I just use the SI default dark skin.

34 minutes ago, b28937 said:

Hello, I want to eliminate all player face photos in the game.  My preference would be just blank space where the photo would have been located, second best would be everybody has a shadow face. 

I've been able to do this in past versions, but things always seem to keep changing or I keep forgetting.  I was able to do it after the early march FM23 update by using resource archiver to extract graphic.fmf and deleting all the player faces and creating a new archive. 

Whatever I did worked perfectly and there was just blank space for all player, staff, etc.  Then SI issued the late March update and now I have a combination of blank spaces where the default faces were, shadow faces for everyone who didn't have a photo, and some new player photos that seem to have come from nowhere and I can't find how to get rid of them.  It doesn't even seem like the player photos are in the graphics.fmf file like before, but maybe I'm misremembering where I deleted them from.

In any event, can someone please help.  I just use the SI default dark skin.

Not too far below this thread, you can find the wonderful work by @Marco Borghesi:

32 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Not too far below this thread, you can find the wonderful work by @Marco Borghesi:

Best. Skin. Ever. 

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I never would have found it!!! Perfect. 

@Marco Beghesi, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and will PM you to see if I can make a donation to thank you for your efforts.   So much better than all my desperate and frustrating rag tag efforts to eliminate faces over the years since FM15.  

What's the name of the file that controls this panel? I have another kind of colour into the club overview panel for the trophies in my skin and It inflects into the history-honours panel. I want to make it like into this skin, with a white colour. Thanks

image.thumb.png.2ad22626c7cfc80dc1068242523c57c1.png

A curious case of 2 buttons

does anyone know what is going on with these 2 buttons in red ?
df.thumb.PNG.a67646e83f05401ba8eb2c23de604cb3.PNG

I've looked in these 2 files

match/pre match backroom advice news panel.xml

match/match tactics toggle button.xml

and i've moved the "selected="true" from "All Matches" to "Next Match Only" in both files

But nothing changes :( does anyone know why or what i'm not seeing ?

Thanks 

33 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

and i've moved the "selected="true" from "All Matches" to "Next Match Only" in both files

Thanks 

Sorry for the off-topic but what fonts do you use?

4 hours ago, FMLuc said:

What's the name of the file that controls this panel? I have another kind of colour into the club overview panel for the trophies in my skin and It inflects into the history-honours panel. I want to make it like into this skin, with a white colour. Thanks

image.thumb.png.2ad22626c7cfc80dc1068242523c57c1.png

team/team container records overview panel

47 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Thanks 

Match tactics toggle button i think

On 23/01/2023 at 15:15, Olas Nick said:

has anyone tried increasing the height of this panel? i want to increase the height of the squad container, but the problem seems to be the fixed overall height of the match overview popup panel, because there is no response to the height="" parameter

1033435224_2023-01-2316_06_36-FootballManager2023.png.2c79065b946645eb485cbaf697483dce.png

Hey, what's the name of this panel, i've been trying to locate it.

Thanks

Edit: Nvm i found it :) 

Edited by snowofman

Hi everybody,

Can someone please guide me what to change to change proportions on match screen at the bottom bar with players and tactical things.

i idealy want to give more space to player bar and tighten the area with tactical stuff as outlined in image.

Thanks very much for anything

skin_change.png

16 hours ago, Pavel nedved said:

hello guys any help would be appreciated...1st screen is for fm 22 second from 23 its a graphic that changed but i try to find what i should change to make it look like this..i tried graphics tabs but nothing there any ideas??image.jpeg.98fcfc51c7b74bc87998e2b85eae199a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7c3cd751190510d4820eb2b12077c2af.jpeg

Anyone?

37 minutes ago, Pavel nedved said:

At tabs section at fmc skin extracted from resource archive I've only have subsection dark and website not standard

as also written as the reply to the DM to you :) 

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\standard

53 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Hi, does anyone knows how I can remove potential and current ability from player attributes screen on FLUT 2021 skin?  Thank you

TrzdRzc.png

you can either go into 
player additional attributes panel.xml

and remove it from there or you can DM Flut and he will most likely do it for you, 

I don't know if he's on here, but he is on FMScout

11 minutes ago, snowofman said:

you can either go into 
player additional attributes panel.xml

and remove it from there or you can DM Flut and he will most likely do it for you, 

I don't know if he's on here, but he is on FMScout

Okay, thank you :)

Is there a concise breakdown anywhere about <label/> & <container/> and what all there parameters are and do?

i.e.

<layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="15,95,15,-11,15,-2" offset="0" gap="0"/>
<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally">

I've read some of the Skinning bible but it glosses over most of the options. I wish the files that SI put together had comments in them more, especially all the different classes.

9 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Is there a concise breakdown anywhere about <label/> & <container/> and what all there parameters are and do?

i.e.

<layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="15,95,15,-11,15,-2" offset="0" gap="0"/>
<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally">

I've read some of the Skinning bible but it glosses over most of the options. I wish the files that SI put together had comments in them more, especially all the different classes.

If you look through some old TCS skins (2019/2020 spring to mind), I commented some pretty heavily.

The layout arranges the panel horizontally, positive numbers indicate pixel counts. Negative use ratios to fill the rest of the space. I wrote this like 18 months ago for a project i eventually abandoned

image.png.6d869e8c4074cdebae02c3d8de31f1dd.png 

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

If you look through some old TCS skins (2019/2020 spring to mind), I commented some pretty heavily.

The layout arranges the panel horizontally, positive numbers indicate pixel counts. Negative use ratios to fill the rest of the space. I wrote this like 18 months ago for a project i eventually abandoned

image.png.6d869e8c4074cdebae02c3d8de31f1dd.png 

Thanks mate, will give it a read and download one of the older TCS skins to check the comments. 

Does anyone know what controls the borders on the tactics screen trying to remove the rounded edge with squared off edges, wanting to achieve the same for the instructions boxes. I have managed to achieve squared off boxes most other places I feel like if I can locate where these are I can finish the rest as they will come from the same place

tactics.jpg

1 hour ago, JustHowie said:

Does anyone know what controls the borders on the tactics screen trying to remove the rounded edge with squared off edges, wanting to achieve the same for the instructions boxes. I have managed to achieve squared off boxes most other places I feel like if I can locate where these are I can finish the rest as they will come from the same place

tactics.jpg

It's called the side bar and within style bar buttons. 

buttons: 

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins\<skin name>\graphics\buttons\custom\tactics\style bar

(FYI  team instructions mini overview although not required here controls the mentality, possession stuff)

In all honesty mine is heavily edited and I've deleted the side bar graphics which makes it a bit awkward for me to remember but I reckon line 120 in tactics overview side panel is probably what I've edited to get rid of it. Line number should be same/similar for yours but search "side bar" if needed. 

So edit graphics and/or add appearances, etc.

If you don't have these files, they'll need extracting of course (or stealing from a released skin). 

Screenshot (2849).png

Edited by Loda

1 hour ago, Loda said:

It's called the side bar and within style bar buttons. 

buttons: 

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins\<skin name>\graphics\buttons\custom\tactics\style bar

(FYI  team instructions mini overview although not required here controls the mentality, possession stuff)

In all honesty mine is heavily edited and I've deleted the side bar graphics which makes it a bit awkward for me to remember but I reckon line 120 in tactics overview side panel is probably what I've edited to get rid of it. Line number should be same/similar for yours but search "side bar" if needed. 

So edit graphics and/or add appearances, etc.

If you don't have these files, they'll need extracting of course (or stealing from a released skin). 

Screenshot (2849).png

Thank you!

I am having absolutely no luck with this, I've tried several changes but nothing actually changes in game 

Edited by JustHowie
Not solved

1 hour ago, JustHowie said:

Thank you!

I am having absolutely no luck with this, I've tried several changes but nothing actually changes in game 

Are you doing all the basics, i.e. reloading the skin/ensuring you're editing the correct skin/panels/graphics, files directories are ok, etc.?

I deleted the button graphic so the shading is no longer present and I gave the side bar my popup box appearance... So the guidance is sound I'm afraid. I'm 100% certain you're making a small oversight somewhere.

Screenshot (2850).png

Edited by Loda

41 minutes ago, Loda said:

Are you doing all the basics, i.e. reloading the skin/ensuring you're editing the correct skin/panels/graphics, files directories are ok, etc.?

I deleted the button graphic so the shading is no longer present and I gave the side bar my popup box appearance... So the guidance is sound I'm afraid. I'm 100% certain you're making a small oversight somewhere.

Screenshot (2850).png

Got it working! Now to get rid of the blue. Thank you!

working.png

1 hour ago, vbark14 said:

Anyone know what location controls the the star icons in the game if I wanted to change them to a different color or icon?

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins\<skin name>\graphics\icons\custom\star rating

Extract files if they're missing. Alternatively there's a lot of star options out in there in released skins. 

I know how to use the resource archiver but where would I find all the buttons and boxes in the game files? Ive tried graphics but nothing for buttons and boxes shows up (nor can I find something that would indicate where to find these)

I'm trying to achieve squaring everything off and there's buttons like "approach to sign" that don't seem to want tolay nice there's a few boxes (I think) too on the a clubs home page when displaying the manager, wages etc (I've already managed this in managers profiles)

8 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

I know how to use the resource archiver but where would I find all the buttons and boxes in the game files? Ive tried graphics but nothing for buttons and boxes shows up (nor can I find something that would indicate where to find these)

I'm trying to achieve squaring everything off and there's buttons like "approach to sign" that don't seem to want tolay nice there's a few boxes (I think) too on the a clubs home page when displaying the manager, wages etc (I've already managed this in managers profiles)

there are graphics many places. 

skins

sitoolkit/graphics

sitoolkit/skins/fm-widgets/graphics <- is probably the one you're looking for the most

so extract all and save yourself time

Edited by snowofman

Is it possible to take one skins colour layout and apply it to another skin ? I wanted to use the pink palette from the Mustermann skin to my own personal skin so I just copied the code over but nothing changed, would there be anything I'd need to change or just go through and edit each value one by one ?  

3 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

Is it possible to take one skins colour layout and apply it to another skin ? I wanted to use the pink palette from the Mustermann skin to my own personal skin so I just copied the code over but nothing changed, would there be anything I'd need to change or just go through and edit each value one by one ?  

You can always try and copy over the settings file, but often ppl use different names for stuff. but you might be lucky

54 minutes ago, snowofman said:

You can always try and copy over the settings file, but often ppl use different names for stuff. but you might be lucky

It worked, telling people to clear cache and reload skin and forgetting to do it myself :ackter: just have to go through and see if anything looks out of place and fix it

1 minute ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

It worked, telling people to clear cache and reload skin and forgetting to do it myself :ackter: just have to go through and see if anything looks out of place and fix it

nice and yeah.. 9/10 times it's all it takes and is often forgotten. glad it worked

Hi guys. Anyone know if a fix for this issue I've got. I clicked on the editor once for kit by accident, and it replaced my downloaded kits. My club is the ONLY one without the downloaded kits now, and I can't fix it. Is there something I can do to resolve it :) thanks for any assistance. 

image.thumb.png.d40c48a2aca83b298418b78e33d29467.png