[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

Does anyone know why this panel (penalty shootout) wouldn't show up in the skin I downloaded?

image.png.d0385c6598297c36e80cca248cb2dc1f.png

I loaded up the default skin and it's there in the match but as soon as I load the downloaded skin, it vanishes.

The skin I downloaded didn't have "match penalty shootout display panel.xml" anywhere in it's folder structure so I added the base game one to it and it still doesn't show up. I figured since this is pretty much a standalone panel that I would just be able to add the .xml file from the base game and that would solve it but it seems like there's something else in play here. What should I be on the look up in the files to figure this out?

And the skin is the FME - Zealand skin for FM23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il 26/3/2023 in 13:40 , lugui ha scritto:

Would anyone be able to help and please tell me where and how I can edit the highlighted headings?

I got all the others and would like to make it all the same as #1 or even remove them.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.5bb3943cfac275a7b7219d2944b50472.png

what is the font name on titlebar (Kylian Mbappé)?

5 horas atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

So it'll depend. If the containers are in a box which supports titles, you can edit the fonts and colours in the paper.xml file

Like so 

image.png.5fee5dcca58298bbf94972d7cc6c00ea.png

If they're just normal font files, just whack a font="title" on them

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I'm still a bit lost on this, sorry.

What would be the correct xml to work with, if I intend to change de "Positions" label, for instance? That would be the section with the word on top of the horizontal pitch in my screenshot.

I am affraid I dont have the same setup as yours, with a paper.xml linked to it and so...

6 hours ago, lugui said:

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I'm still a bit lost on this, sorry.

What would be the correct xml to work with, if I intend to change de "Positions" label, for instance? That would be the section with the word on top of the horizontal pitch in my screenshot.

I am affraid I dont have the same setup as yours, with a paper.xml linked to it and so...

i have to see the file before i can help

5 hours ago, 01revenge said:

does anyone know how to change the font of the attribute numbers

player attributes panel, search for attribute label, should just be able to add font="xx" onto that line, with xx being the name of your font 

2 minutes ago, ForeverNedved said:

I repeat the question, since I have not had an answer: what should I change to have name of scorers in white?

match/match incidents small ibh.xml

Edit: wrong file

Edited by snowofman

10 horas atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

i have to see the file before i can help

player attributes panel, search for attribute label, should just be able to add font="xx" onto that line, with xx being the name of your font 

Once again, thanks for your help.

I kind of gave up on trying to edit the font and colour for the respective headings, nothing was working in any of the xml files.

Then, I discovered that in player profile.xml I could simply get rid of such headings by a kludge using translation id="label" it worked, I can live with it. 

Thanks to that, it was possible to free some space and better adjust the containers on the page as a whole, avoiding scroll bars:

image.png.56bb20fa05caf6c7894ecb70406fabcd.png

Edited by lugui

3 hours ago, Powermonger said:

For those adding there own graphical icons to a skin, are people creating their own PNG files?

occasionally, i download most of mine from flaticon.com with a free account

8 hours ago, Powermonger said:

For those adding there own graphical icons to a skin, are people creating their own PNG files?

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

occasionally, i download most of mine from flaticon.com with a free account

Just to second this flaticon is super useful.  I also occasionally use DALL·E 2 when I want something a little bit more detailed.

Mostly, however, I'll try and reuse the assets within the game - especially those that might be hidden away in Touch or other version.  If I need to do some light editing, I'll use Photopea (Photo Editor) and/or Figma (Interface/Prototype Design Tool).  Both are browser based and free.

On 27/03/2023 at 23:10, Ayal said:

Does anyone know why this panel (penalty shootout) wouldn't show up in the skin I downloaded?

I loaded up the default skin and it's there in the match but as soon as I load the downloaded skin, it vanishes.

The skin I downloaded didn't have "match penalty shootout display panel.xml" anywhere in it's folder structure so I added the base game one to it and it still doesn't show up. I figured since this is pretty much a standalone panel that I would just be able to add the .xml file from the base game and that would solve it but it seems like there's something else in play here. What should I be on the look up in the files to figure this out?

Has anyone encountered how to solve this? I might make a separate post if it's not simple solution that anyone has found.

Also, I managed to add the loaned club to this scout center report card but I want the loaned from club line to either replace the text "Loan Contract" or be after it, in parenthesis if possible.

image.png.051fd89cf206f21bdbcc8ec127a71fc7.png

The code snippet for it looks like this, I'm really not sure how to write a conditional type of widget thing or if that's even possible:

<container id="main">
  <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />
  <widget class="text" spec="text" id="typw" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small"/>
  <!-- Widget for "on loan from X" -->
  <widget class="player_extra_details_text" spec="text" multiline="false" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small">
    <record id="object_property" get_property="PExD" />
  </widget>
</container>

4 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

But not everything is so clear. The same text, but on a different background, is used in the post-match report. And if you make it well visible here, it may not be well visible there. :D

He asked for the file, i provided the file. not sure why you're adding me into this as you should give this info to the person asking for the file

Hi.
I have an issue with my custom picking buttons.

The first pic is from the squad list and the second and third are from the tactics menu.

I set it up like this in the settings.xml cause I want to have different colours in the tactics menu.
<colour name="attacker_line" value="rgb(239,0,0)" />   

But then, as you can see for my striker in the first pic, something happens in the squad list, his button turns to the colour i write in "attacker_line" and the arrow turns black.
The other positions in the pictures have a transparent colour like this.
 <colour name="goalkeeper_line" value="transparent" /> 
That makes the squad list fine but in the tactics screen the button turns white.

I think the easiest would be to be able to turn off the colours in the Pkd column of the squad list, which I thought I did in the button.xml, but I just cannot figure out how to do it.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

image.png.aa83965cbb98821d085a4be4fb36c48d.png

2 hours ago, niklas88 said:

Hi.
I have an issue with my custom picking buttons.

The first pic is from the squad list and the second and third are from the tactics menu.

I set it up like this in the settings.xml cause I want to have different colours in the tactics menu.
<colour name="attacker_line" value="rgb(239,0,0)" />   

But then, as you can see for my striker in the first pic, something happens in the squad list, his button turns to the colour i write in "attacker_line" and the arrow turns black.
The other positions in the pictures have a transparent colour like this.
 <colour name="goalkeeper_line" value="transparent" /> 
That makes the squad list fine but in the tactics screen the button turns white.

I think the easiest would be to be able to turn off the colours in the Pkd column of the squad list, which I thought I did in the button.xml, but I just cannot figure out how to do it.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

image.png.aa83965cbb98821d085a4be4fb36c48d.png

Firstly, WTF, I have a patent on FM06 skins :herman::lol:

Secondly, ****, those tables look nice. I'd love to see further screens in the show your skin thread.

Anyway....

I take it you know the directories but I'll mention it anyway, the first one is: buttons\custom\picking\table and needs all the xml colouring deleted so you're just left with the graphic. If you've done this already, you need to make sure there's no conflicting colouring in the settings. I've noticed a lot of issues myself around this but I waited until I could sit down and have a proper look at all my settings.xmls and a lot of it figured itself out after that.

Regarding the table, the graphics and associated xmls with icon colouring is found: graphics\buttons\custom\tactics\role picker. Edit the graphics themselves or the xmls depending on what it is exactly you want. 

I would leave it to the settings to recolour role/duties on the tactics pitch.

On 27/03/2023 at 23:10, Ayal said:

I managed to fix this in the end. Apparently it wasn't the missing "match penalty shootout display panel.xml", what it was missing was the bit of code that makes the penalty shootout panel show up in "match console panel.xml". For some reason, the original skin-maker decided to remove it so I just re-added it and the base game penalty shootout graphic returned.

5 minutes ago, Pavel nedved said:

any idea why this is happening? xg on left shows 0.44-0.26 but the real is 0.47-0.75 its seems that doesnt refresh any ideas?image.thumb.jpeg.f3529aa7002b2048b8a6dd65eff6b029.jpg.f68fd839fba825301836f0cf4b71ebb3.jpg

tbh i think this is a game issue.

18 minutes ago, Ayal said:

I managed to fix this in the end. Apparently it wasn't the missing "match penalty shootout display panel.xml", what it was missing was the bit of code that makes the penalty shootout panel show up in "match console panel.xml". For some reason, the original skin-maker decided to remove it so I just re-added it and the base game penalty shootout graphic returned.

Ah you were spot on. I seen your post on the bus and was gonna deal with it when i got in 😂

9 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Ah you were spot on. I seen your post on the bus and was gonna deal with it when i got in 😂

so we wait for update or is there any solution from us i tried find help and change to but without any effect

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="vis1" visualisation_type="xg_map" data_type="fixture" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini" show_mini_visualisation_text="false" can_pin_visualisation="false" default_focus="true">
		<translation id="title"  type="use" value="xG Story" />
		<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
		</widget>

17 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

It was really simple in the end so glad I could figure it out, seems rather silly now looking at it.

You think you've got a good solution for what I posted here? I'm not familiar enough with formatting something like this

4 hours ago, Ayal said:

I managed to add the loaned club to this scout center report card but I want the loaned from club line to either replace the text "Loan Contract" or be after it, in parenthesis if possible.

image.png.051fd89cf206f21bdbcc8ec127a71fc7.png

The code snippet for it looks like this, I'm really not sure how to write a conditional type of widget thing or if that's even possible:

<container id="main">
  <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" />
  <widget class="text" spec="text" id="typw" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small"/>
  <!-- Widget for "on loan from X" -->
  <widget class="player_extra_details_text" spec="text" multiline="false" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small">
  </widget>
</container>

Personally i'd try something like the followoing

<container>
<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="left,extend" />

<widget CONTRACT TYPE auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left">

</widget>

<widget class="text" text="(" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left" />

<widget !EXTRA DETAILS SET! auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left">

</widget>

<widget class="text" text=")" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left" />

</container>

I don't have access atm so i couldn't tell you whether it actually works, or use the actual widgets but its worth a go

39 minutes ago, Pavel nedved said:

any idea why this is happening? xg on left shows 0.44-0.26 but the real is 0.47-0.75 its seems that doesnt refresh any ideas?

It seems to me that for the last 3 years the statistics in FM have been completely broken. I very often come across a situation when a player scores a goal with a header, and in the statistics he has 0 "header won".

2 hours ago, Loda said:

Firstly, WTF, I have a patent on FM06 skins :herman::lol:

Secondly, ****, those tables look nice. I'd love to see further screens in the show your skin thread.

Anyway....

I take it you know the directories but I'll mention it anyway, the first one is: buttons\custom\picking\table and needs all the xml colouring deleted so you're just left with the graphic. If you've done this already, you need to make sure there's no conflicting colouring in the settings. I've noticed a lot of issues myself around this but I waited until I could sit down and have a proper look at all my settings.xmls and a lot of it figured itself out after that.

Regarding the table, the graphics and associated xmls with icon colouring is found: graphics\buttons\custom\tactics\role picker. Edit the graphics themselves or the xmls depending on what it is exactly you want. 

I would leave it to the settings to recolour role/duties on the tactics pitch.

Yeah i've removed all coloring in the button xml files.

It's really frustrating when you don't find where the colour comes from. Sometimes it's just not possible edit certain things.

I can post some screenshots in that thread if you like tomorrow, but i've only managed to edit a couple of screens unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Personally i'd try something like the followoing

<container>
<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="left,extend" />

<widget CONTRACT TYPE auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left">

</widget>

<widget class="text" text="(" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left" />

<widget !EXTRA DETAILS SET! auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left">

</widget>

<widget class="text" text=")" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="left" />

</container>

I don't have access atm so i couldn't tell you whether it actually works, or use the actual widgets but its worth a go

I ended up doing this

<container>
  <widget class="text" text="—" alignment="left" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small"/>
  <widget class="player_extra_details_text" spec="text" alignment="left" multiline="false" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small">
  </widget>
</container>

Unfortunately, a new problem is this, it gets chopped off at the end:

image.png.c71885478c9b4cd287d02c84c0e5b011.png

I figure I need to make something auto size or fit it in somehow but I'm really not sure what, it's nested inside like 5 different containers in total

12 minutes ago, Ayal said:

I ended up doing this

<container>
  <widget class="text" text="—" alignment="left" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small"/>
  <widget class="player_extra_details_text" spec="text" alignment="left" multiline="false" auto_size="all" colour="faded text" size="small">
  </widget>
</container>

Unfortunately, a new problem is this, it gets chopped off at the end:

image.png.c71885478c9b4cd287d02c84c0e5b011.png

I figure I need to make something auto size or fit it in somehow but I'm really not sure what, it's nested inside like 5 different containers in total

Yeah I felt that was gonna happen. You can try extend the width of the container for now?

7 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yeah I felt that was gonna happen. You can try extend the width of the container for now?

I tried adding width and it did nothing. I looked at the rest of the file and there's no preset width values for any of the containers that bit is in so really not sure how to progress from here.

16 minutes ago, Ayal said:

I tried adding width and it did nothing. I looked at the rest of the file and there's no preset width values for any of the containers that bit is in so really not sure how to progress from here.

whats the panel name?

57 minutes ago, niklas88 said:

Yeah i've removed all coloring in the button xml files.

It's really frustrating when you don't find where the colour comes from. Sometimes it's just not possible edit certain things.

I can post some screenshots in that thread if you like tomorrow, but i've only managed to edit a couple of screens unfortunately.

In terms of the role picker button it may be hardcoded to match the pitch role colouring. I'd have to check the tactics squad panel to be totally sure but there was very little in there from memory re. the buttons. I'm ok with mine as I eventually kept the colouring somewhat inkeeping with the theme but arguably no graphic at all is more true to FM06 and you can obviously edit the graphic to achieve this. Another idea, if you wanted to be really creative, you could play with the shades of the graphic. It'd require a lot of experimentation in a graphical editing program, as it'd be quite unpredictable guessing how it'll come out initially, just an idea...

In terms of the picking buttons, yours are much better than mine, I actually had those same buttons at the top but they were splicing and spacing all over the place so I gave up with those. I was definitely not as committed in terms of nailing the colouring as you but I'll take a look and update if I figure anything out. Out of interest does every skin automatically recolour here? If so, this may also be hardcoded too. It's a bit weird though as it never used to be. 

4 hours ago, Ayal said:

To se mi nakonec podařilo opravit. Zřejmě to nebyl chybějící "panel pro zobrazení penaltového rozstřelu v zápase.xml", co chybělo, byl kousek kódu, díky kterému se panel penaltového rozstřelu zobrazí v "panelu zápasové konzole.xml". Z nějakého důvodu se původní výrobce skinů rozhodl ji odstranit, takže jsem ji jen znovu přidal a vrátila se grafika penaltového rozstřelu základní hry.

Would it be possible to attach a panel? I've been looking for this for a long time

12 hours ago, Ayal said:

For some reason alot of skins have this missing, i've fix it a month or two ago for a streamer, but as he still hasnt been in a shootout, i wasnt sure it was the only thing missing and therefor didnt make a post about it.

13 hours ago, DrazdaCZ said:

Would it be possible to attach a panel? I've been looking for this for a long time

What do you mean? All I did was add this bit of code to the bottom of that xml file just above the </panel> line:

<widget id="PenD" class="match_penalty_shootout_display" hidden="true">
    <animation class="slide_in_top_animation" duration="0.6" tween="ease_out" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
    <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
</widget>

5 hours ago, snowofman said:

For some reason alot of skins have this missing, i've fix it a month or two ago for a streamer, but as he still hasnt been in a shootout, i wasnt sure it was the only thing missing and therefor didnt make a post about it.

my hypothesis is a lot of skinners use files from the year before, and last year didn't have the shootout display i think 

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

I was messing around trying to find a skin I liked, found 1 but it seems the match day screen only has 1 touchline tablet on it when there should be 2.

I've tried reloading the skin but it doesn't come back & on a new save it is there :S

21 minutes ago, Wyer said:

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

I was messing around trying to find a skin I liked, found 1 but it seems the match day screen only has 1 touchline tablet on it when there should be 2.

I've tried reloading the skin but it doesn't come back & on a new save it is there :S

what is your screen resolution?