[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

Quick question: Potentially borderline rule breaking.

Just noticed, literally as I had to turn the game off, that player faces for the national team squads of France and Holland (there may be more) are now blanked out after the update. (I’ve added player pics to the views on “team squad” panel)

Is it just a case of updating the *ahem* fix? Or is it something else?

Thanks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Quick question: Potentially borderline rule breaking.

Just noticed, literally as I had to turn the game off, that player faces for the national team squads of France and Holland (there may be more) are now blanked out after the update. (I’ve added player pics to the views on “team squad” panel)

Is it just a case of updating the *ahem* fix? Or is it something else?

Thanks.

Yes, you will need to reapply the “fix”. There was a database update a day or two ago which has replaced the “fixed files” or added a new db folder and that needs “fixing”

7 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Anyone else having a flickering “season stats” on the player profile overview page when the mouse hovers over most items with hints?

New issue for me since update.

I do see a little flicker of season stats widget when I hit " continue " button and the progress overlay appears, not on other overlays. But I was looking for it after I've seen your post.

Something changed with the default font ?

It feels brighter and blurry, I don't know - I have trouble reading it now.

Felt like I didn't had an issue with it before the update.

1 hour ago, BuzzR said:

I do see a little flicker of season stats widget when I hit " continue " button and the progress overlay appears, not on other overlays. But I was looking for it after I've seen your post.

I need to play around more. There are two widgets for the season stats. One is hidden for players in non loaded leagues. If I remove the one for loaded leagues the one for non loaded leagues doesn’t flicker. Having looked at the linked panel for the loaded leagues widget I can’t see anything wrong with it. I have edited it in my skin but swapping it out for the 23.3 default did nothing. Still flickers.

My player overview is obviously heavily edited. I’m guessing something in that panel isn’t agreeing with the loaded league season stat widget. But don’t know what …

2 hours ago, canry said:

I want this text description change to stars i did the others,  i tried this many times but i couldn't do it(Zealand skin) Can you help me?

Screenshot_2.png.e78e920726673bb2f47cde13f0a803db.png

Screenshot_1.png.e9eb6a281a5d6c21137bb563cd74c498.png

Try this

<widget class="label" id="cjcb" alignment="centre_x,bottom" spec="text, 10" font="title"  colour="white" >
	<record id="object_property">
		<integer id="get_property" value="Cyos" />
		<boolean id="name" value="true" />
	</record>
</widget>
<widget class="youth_facilities_stars_label">
	<record id="object_property" get_property="Cytv" dont_set_hint="true"/>
</widget>		
<widget class="youth_coaching_status_label" format="1" style="text" id="CytV" mode="1" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical">
	<record id="object_property">
		<integer id="get_property" value="Cyos" />
	</record>
</widget>

</container>

Edited by snowofman

1 hour ago, bahmet said:

How do I add these dots to the tactics screen?

image.png.f82d721558c6cafbad37c6169f92deea.png

I had a play with this. I'm not convinced it's possible due to the fluid nature of what populates here; totally different to what you show on the left. This was the best I could achieve...

paper.png

Ok. So the season stats flickering issue seems not to be linked to my player overview panel (I swapped it out of my skin for the default) or the player additional stats panel (as I swapped that out for the default too). With the default panels that control this info I still have the widget flicker when the mouse hovers over any sort of hint/pop up.

It’s only this one widget/panel causing me issues. Everything else on my skin is fine since the update (regarding flickering).

I’ve had widgets jump slightly when a hover pop up shows occasionally and can fix that with layout tweaks. But flickering is new to me with a widget. I don’t get it.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I the only one with this problem since the update?

Thanks.

13 часов назад, Loda сказал:

У меня была игра с этим. Я не уверен, что это возможно из-за изменчивой природы того, что населяет здесь; полностью отличается от того, что вы показываете слева. Это было лучшее, чего я мог добиться...

бумага.png

can yoг share code?

On 01/03/2023 at 15:13, DamienQilBormliz said:

Guys anyone know which line I need to amend to get all the substitutes names to show?

Also, which line controls the font of "Player names" in this panel please?

Thanks!!

image.png.e8f39717aa791a2fbcfc503c9a630c3e.png

Anyone with any help pls?

22 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Ok. So the season stats flickering issue seems not to be linked to my player overview panel (I swapped it out of my skin for the default) or the player additional stats panel (as I swapped that out for the default too). With the default panels that control this info I still have the widget flicker when the mouse hovers over any sort of hint/pop up.

It’s only this one widget/panel causing me issues. Everything else on my skin is fine since the update (regarding flickering).

I’ve had widgets jump slightly when a hover pop up shows occasionally and can fix that with layout tweaks. But flickering is new to me with a widget. I don’t get it.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I the only one with this problem since the update?

Thanks.

Bah. This widget is driving me nuts! I've worked out that the flicker i am seeing is actually the widget resetting itself, as in, not using the save_session_state="true" that is on it by default. And to clarify, it is only effecting the "table" part of the code. The columns and Label (and icon box) do not "refresh". Just the table with all the info. The panel in question is "player additional stats small" linked from "player overview panel" (as default).

Can someone please check this on their skin for me? As above, this is happening on the default files, not just my edited ones.

I've butchered the hell out of this panel and nothing I've tried is stopping this code from resetting itself.

Am i missing something stupidly obvious?

Thanks.

Edited by Tyburn

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Bah. This widget is driving me nuts! I've worked out that the flicker i am seeing is actually the widget resetting itself, as in, not using the save_session_state="true" that is on it by default. And to clarify, it is only effecting the "table" part of the code. The columns and Label (and icon box) do not "refresh". Just the table with all the info. The panel in question is "player additional stats small" linked from "player overview panel" (as default).

Can someone please check this on their skin for me? As above, this is happening on the default files, not just my edited ones.

I've butchered the hell out of this panel and nothing I've tried is stopping this code from resetting itself.

Am i missing something stupidly obvious?

Thanks.

asking without having looked into it, but isnt it the same issue we have had for ages with the match tablet tactics (vertical and horizontal) that flickers like mad?

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

asking without having looked into it, but isnt it the same issue we have had for ages with the match tablet tactics (vertical and horizontal) that flickers like mad?

Thanks for replying!

Hmmm, i'm actually not aware of that one, due to heavily edited match panels. Was there a work around for it?

Player Value showing as £0 on player overview screen, any ideas why?

<!-- VALUE -->
                <container>
                    <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="0" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />
                    <widget class="label" id="vall" auto_size="vertical" style="semi_bold"  colour="accent" size="10.5">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="227806" type="use" value="Value" />
                    </widget>
                    <widget class="value_label" id="valu" alignment="left" auto_size="vertical" colour="fg" size="10.5">
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdva" />
                    </widget>
                </container>

2 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Player Value showing as £0 on player overview screen, any ideas why?

<!-- VALUE -->
                <container>
                    <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_gap="0" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_alignment="horizontal" horizontal_inset="0" />
                    <widget class="label" id="vall" auto_size="vertical" style="semi_bold"  colour="accent" size="10.5">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="227806" type="use" value="Value" />
                    </widget>
                    <widget class="value_label" id="valu" alignment="left" auto_size="vertical" colour="fg" size="10.5">
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdva" />
                    </widget>
                </container>

I've got this for value:

<!--Value-->
                            <widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="valu" auto_size="vertical" size="12" font="bold" colour="white" alignment="left, centre">>
                                <translation id="format" translation_id="383826" type="use" value="Valued at [%cash#1-roundsmall-short][COMMENT: FR 10661; player overview; string diaplyed a player's estimated monetary value]" />
                                <record id="widget_properties" auto_size="all"/>
                                <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdva" dont_set_hint="true" />
                            </widget>

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Thanks for replying!

Hmmm, i'm actually not aware of that one, due to heavily edited match panels. Was there a work around for it?

only some rumors about something you could add to steam that " should" stop the flickering or minimize it.

let me dig abit and see what i can find

Edit: this is from back in december, the person writes

There's a known issue with the panels flashing, SI are supposedly trying to fix 
Go into steam, right click FM23, go into properties and copy/paste --disable_flip_discard into the launch options tab

Edited by snowofman

16 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I've got this for value:

<!--Value-->
                            <widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="valu" auto_size="vertical" size="12" font="bold" colour="white" alignment="left, centre">>
                                <translation id="format" translation_id="383826" type="use" value="Valued at [%cash#1-roundsmall-short][COMMENT: FR 10661; player overview; string diaplyed a player's estimated monetary value]" />
                                <record id="widget_properties" auto_size="all"/>
                                <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdva" dont_set_hint="true" />
                            </widget>

Worked a treat. Thank you.

10 hours ago, vbark14 said:

Anyone have a solution to the data analysis section looking like this? It was fine before the update but no idea if that is what caused it or how to fix it.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 201224.png

you'll have to check the polygon code in player additional stats panel. it's been updated 

Anyone have a solution to the data analysis section looking like this? It was fine before the update but no idea if that is what caused it or how to fix it.

can you share player panel? 

11 hours ago, vbark14 said:

you uses old version of xml-file, delete it or replace with new

17 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Which xml file is this ?

Just messing with some graphics and want to find out which one the background is, thanks in advance.

b4af5669b66591c71655892c83ee8aed.png

Working on layer overview atm: 711058f22332a681ef0ea067eb759836.png

The button graphics are the style bar in buttons/custom/tactics. 

Some is effected in the tactics overview side panel, ctrl+F 'style'.

The lyrics are in: team instructions mini overview

1 hour ago, Loda said:

The button graphics are the style bar in buttons/custom/tactics. 

Some is effected in the tactics overview side panel, ctrl+F 'style'.

The lyrics are in: team instructions mini overview

Thank you.

On 06/03/2023 at 14:51, snowofman said:

only some rumors about something you could add to steam that " should" stop the flickering or minimize it.

let me dig abit and see what i can find

Edit: this is from back in december, the person writes

Thanks for the edit (just noticed).

I was aware of this line but thought it was mainly for lag. Will give it a try and see if it helps this widget.

I know I said flashing. But really I now feel it’s actually a resetting of itself, as if I manually sort the widget (let’s say by goals), when I hover over something that brings up a hint, the widget resets itself to default. Doesn’t seem to matter what code I add to the widget (I.e save_session_state=“true”) (which is actually on it by default anyway), the widget always resets. Odd.

I really want to keep this widget so am now at the point where I’m going to start shutting down hover hints on the player overview page. Actually starting first with the sidebar menu, which is the biggest culprit.

36 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Thanks for the edit (just noticed).

I was aware of this line but thought it was mainly for lag. Will give it a try and see if it helps this widget.

I know I said flashing. But really I now feel it’s actually a resetting of itself, as if I manually sort the widget (let’s say by goals), when I hover over something that brings up a hint, the widget resets itself to default. Doesn’t seem to matter what code I add to the widget (I.e save_session_state=“true”) (which is actually on it by default anyway), the widget always resets. Odd.

I really want to keep this widget so am now at the point where I’m going to start shutting down hover hints on the player overview page. Actually starting first with the sidebar menu, which is the biggest culprit.

Yeah sorry about that, should have just made a new..

and i havnt tried the code myself, so i can't say if it helps or not.

i don't have any flashing or resetting things from what i can see

Does anyone know how to get rid of the pop up hints on the sidebar? Been playing around with this for way too long now and can't work it out.

dont_set_hint="true", no matter where and how I put it, doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Utta said:

Hi 🙂

Is there any way to delete/hide generic logos on default kits?

They were invisible last year in Tato skin 👍

Thanks!

spacer.png

I could be wrong if its a custom skin then try going into the skin > graphics > pictures > kits and see if they have a folder with the default kits/logo's 

Minor question.

Not long ago i saw a post from "Michaeltmurrayuk" about learning the containers and how to place the correct layout etc.
i can't for the life of me find it in the top posts and i wanted to give the link to a bud of mine that are thinking about digging into FM skins

If someone have it, or can guide me to where it is. i would be very grateful

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Minor question.

Not long ago i saw a post from "Michaeltmurrayuk" about learning the containers and how to place the correct layout etc.
i can't for the life of me find it in the top posts and i wanted to give the link to a bud of mine that are thinking about digging into FM skins

If someone have it, or can guide me to where it is. i would be very grateful

Part 5: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/558754-fm22-skinning-graphics-knowledge-base/#comment-13319834

Hi guys, can you please help me out?

1. I want attributes analysis octagon to be removed from everywhere it is displayed on the base skin.

2. I would also want to remove the attributes from player profile and to replace them with PROS/CONS. 

How can I achieve that? 

Edited by Haiku

Hi can anyone help me out?

I play on 2560x1440 and I have been having an issue with the Zealand skin... if there any way I can get rid of the panel highlighted in red, and just have it as the position and squad comparison?

5116871fe0c8e5aca1f371fe34cb2ca7.png

So, the hint that pops up on the sidebar menu, on mouse hover, is actually a panel. “Posh tooltip” (Nice name).

I can stop this panel by adding hidden=“true” to <panel>, on the “posh tooltip” panel. However this is not ideal as it stops ALL instances of this “hint”, and I’d like better control.

In other languages I could simply use an IF statement to “disable” the tooltip specifically on the sidebar menu. In THIS language, I am unsure of the approach. Probably need to <record id> for the sidebar menu and then hidden=“true”, but unsure of the ID for the sidebar menu, and/or if this would work. And/Or where to place it. Need to play around more, but in the mean time …

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit* If you look at the code on “player overview” panel for the player season stats section, there is code there that controls which widget is shown depending on if the player is in a loaded league. I reckon I could use this for what I want by adding the <list> block to the “posh tooltip” panel. Just need the ID for the sidebar menu.

Edited by Tyburn

18 minutes ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Is someone able to direct me to where I can change the colours for this?

image.png.b08833a33918c7c41d33ec6d244c546e.png

Skin Settings add / edit lines 

<!--colours for the position lines on the tactics pitch and widgets-->
    <colour name="goalkeeper_line" value="rgb(90,20,130)" />
    <colour name="defensive_midfielder_line" value="rgb(25,120,210)" />
    <colour name="defender_line" value="rgb(30,70,130)" />
    <colour name="midfielder_line" value="rgb(45,134,52)" />
    <colour name="attacking_midfielder_line" value="rgb(200,110,0)" />
    <colour name="attacker_line" value="rgb(130,20,20)" />
    <colour name="substitutes_line" value="bg lighter" />