[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, for some reason on this inbox message relating to players nearing their end of contract I can't get the player profile popup to show. I'm not sure exactly which .xml file it would be referencing, probably "player overview popup panel" in "panels\player" but I can't figure out how to fix it. You can see in this gif that it works in a different inbox item. I also checked and it works for staff in the inbox (haven't checked with a shortlist yet), in the scouting tab, and in the squad tab. Any help would be welcomed, I've been trying to play with "panels\generic\popup information panel". This is based on the FME - Zealand skin for what it's worth.

popup.thumb.gif.add3d3ca3df742012342342cdb0a6947.gif

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

On the match engine , which panel controls the player name colours ?

8d920eb6ebd6c4b72536fa8b23c3f26f.png

If I'm not mistaken, it's "panels\widgets\match players bar widget" but I'm not 100% certain

2 hours ago, Ayal said:

Hey, for some reason on this inbox message relating to players nearing their end of contract I can't get the player profile popup to show. I'm not sure exactly which .xml file it would be referencing, probably "player overview popup panel" in "panels\player" but I can't figure out how to fix it. You can see in this gif that it works in a different inbox item. I also checked and it works for staff in the inbox (haven't checked with a shortlist yet), in the scouting tab, and in the squad tab. Any help would be welcomed, I've been trying to play with "panels\generic\popup information panel". This is based on the FME - Zealand skin for what it's worth.

Only some generic, common sense advice.. (I'm not familiar with the skin).

Has anything been done to any news_item_panels or any panels involving shortlists? (Inbox panels can literally be anywhere)

If not, it doesn't sound like you're sure it's the popup, I don't see why it would be personally if it works on some screens but either way it sounds unclear, so: when I try and identify problems, I would go through a process of elimination, i.e. renaming/temporarily removing folders/panels so they are no longer read, reloading and seeing if the problem persists. Nailing down where the problem is often the hardest bit. You might want to make backups first if you're not very confident with this process. 

Depending on what's causing the issue you can either replace, delete or amend...

Alternatively talk to the skin maker or ask in any accompanying threads to see if anyone else is aware of any issues with the person_button/popup within this skin. 

1 hour ago, Loda said:

Only some generic, common sense advice.. (I'm not familiar with the skin).

Has anything been done to any news_item_panels or any panels involving shortlists? (Inbox panels can literally be anywhere)

If not, it doesn't sound like you're sure it's the popup, I don't see why it would be personally if it works on some screens but either way it sounds unclear, so: when I try and identify problems, I would go through a process of elimination, i.e. renaming/temporarily removing folders/panels so they are no longer read, reloading and seeing if the problem persists. Nailing down where the problem is often the hardest bit. You might want to make backups first if you're not very confident with this process. 

Depending on what's causing the issue you can either replace, delete or amend...

Alternatively talk to the skin maker or ask in any accompanying threads to see if anyone else is aware of any issues with the person_button/popup within this skin. 

There are no news_item_panels at all in the skin as far as I can tell. I've tried the following:

1. Disabling "popup information panel.xml" in "panels\generic". Has no effect, same issue remains but it does add another bar at the top of the popup with information about the player that exists below the bar for all the existing ones.
  2. Disabling "player overview popup panel.xml" in "panels\player". This only sorta "fixes" the issue, now the popup works everywhere but it reverts to a different look than the one I want to have, which is the one that exists when the file is re-added.

This narrows it down to the file I mentioned in my original message, but I still can't figure out what the hell I need to change to make the popup show up.

12 minutes ago, Ayal said:

There are no news_item_panels at all in the skin as far as I can tell. I've tried the following:

1. Disabling "popup information panel.xml" in "panels\generic". Has no effect, same issue remains but it does add another bar at the top of the popup with information about the player that exists below the bar for all the existing ones.
  2. Disabling "player overview popup panel.xml" in "panels\player". This only sorta "fixes" the issue, now the popup works everywhere but it reverts to a different look than the one I want to have, which is the one that exists when the file is re-added.

This narrows it down to the file I mentioned in my original message, but I still can't figure out what the hell I need to change to make the popup show up.

Very little information then for non-users of this skin.

Uploading the coding might be a start...

31 minutes ago, Loda said:

Very little information then for non-users of this skin.

Uploading the coding might be a start...

If you want, you can have a look here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ll0puhj28dd0mxa/Remix_Test.fmf/file

Since there are more than 4 different files interacting with each other I'm having a really tricky time figuring out what I need to change to make it show the popup.

hello everybody

I would like to change the color in the sidebar but not to specific color, but in the primary color of each team im coaching.
For example, the primary color of Olympiacos is red. Can someone help me out which line (in which folder) i have to change in the "fm23base" folder?
Screenshot2023-03-12085836.png.a6bf84c52793973ff8398d7c4f924a3c.png

Screenshot 2023-03-12 082901.png

Edited by angelos10

5 hours ago, statomatic7 said:

Hi there, try using the below attachment, just add it to the Skin>Panel>Generic folder

sidebar menu table.zip 1.74 kB · 3 downloads

Thank you very much for answering. I like the logo at the left corner but smaller.
Unfortunately I had something different in my mind. It looks to solid and too separated from the whole feeling.
I would like something like the pic of the user Renato.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 163811.png

Screenshot 2023-03-12 165355.png

2 hours ago, angelos10 said:

Thank you very much for answering. I like the logo at the left corner but smaller.
Unfortunately I had something different in my mind. It looks to solid and too separated from the whole feeling.
I would like something like the pic of the user Renato.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 163811.png

Screenshot 2023-03-12 165355.png

If you go to settings you can change the sidebar to show icons only. This can be found under the interface preferences.

I'm fairly sure this is going to be negative but has anybody had any joy getting any kind of tactical contents on to the player overview?

I think I've exhausted every option in terms of container classes, properties, etc.  I can get the table across but not the contents so points to a compatibility issue (bottom right bit).

Tactic ids always used to be pretty rigid and I very much doubt it's possible but just in case there's any precedents, it's such a useful section tucked away.

Untitled.png

14 hours ago, Loda said:

I'm fairly sure this is going to be negative but has anybody had any joy getting any kind of tactical contents on to the player overview?

I think I've exhausted every option in terms of container classes, properties, etc.  I can get the table across but not the contents so points to a compatibility issue (bottom right bit).

Tactic ids always used to be pretty rigid and I very much doubt it's possible but just in case there's any precedents, it's such a useful section tucked away.

Untitled.png

That is beautiful. lol. 

@Lodayou might be able to help with these query i have regarding container classes, do you know if for example I put <container class="bordered_box" without an appearance attached does it go automatically go to the graphics/boxes/bordered or is there a hard coded area it looks at?

Edited by hyrule_king

39 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

That is beautiful. lol. 

@Lodayou might be able to help with these query i have regarding container classes, do you know if for example I put <container class="bordered_box" without an appearance attached does it go automatically go to the graphics/boxes/bordered or is there a hard coded area it looks at?

both. You're correct in that it'll automatically go into that folder. 

You can edit the files, i believe they're in classes.fmf, or sitoolkit.fmf/classes

On 11/03/2023 at 15:21, Ayal said:

@bluestillidie00 any clue on the solution to this? the skin file is a bit lower in one of my replies if you want to have a look through some files

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

both. You're correct in that it'll automatically go into that folder. 

You can edit the files, i believe they're in classes.fmf, or sitoolkit.fmf/classes

I don't think I can use the resource archiver as I am on Game Pass PC version , tried downloading through steam but just said won't download as you don't own the game.

1 hour ago, Ayal said:

@bluestillidie00 any clue on the solution to this? the skin file is a bit lower in one of my replies if you want to have a look through some files

no idea. if you have any properties files in your skin folder then try remove them?

20 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

I don't think I can use the resource archiver as I am on Game Pass PC version , tried downloading through steam but just said won't download as you don't own the game.

ah. if you have any previous games the resource archiver should work

4 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

no idea. if you have any properties files in your skin folder then try remove them?

ah. if you have any previous games the resource archiver should work

I will have a look , got most of them on steam.

22 hours ago, putuadidharma0 said:

Why is it that when the penalty kick match penalty shootout display panel is not visible, does anyone know how to fix it

custom file? maybe you use old base xml-file and it need to be replaced by new version

Edited by Olas Nick

3 hours ago, Ruxiee said:

Hello,

Is anyone able to tell me where the location to change the area down below of other club "senior squad tactics" is?

If its a 4-4-2 the name of the GK is always cut off.

49d358c19ef29f00eb8bd85a0eacec31.png

Possibly sorting the pitch size in tactics overview side panel might help. But I'd look at the tactics icon info panel first personally, although requires more of an idea of what you're doing. Search player_icon_file  in pitch container panel in tactics folder. Locate the icon panel and then readjust the sizing. 

If this is someone's else's custom skin and not your personal skin, alternatively talk to the skin creator. 

4 hours ago, Ruxiee said:

Hello,

Is anyone able to tell me where the location to change the area down below of other club "senior squad tactics" is?

If its a 4-4-2 the name of the GK is always cut off.

49d358c19ef29f00eb8bd85a0eacec31.png

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but it seems that you need to play with the pitch_touchline_width_percentage parameter in the pitch with tactics container file

Em 14/03/2023 em 17:30, Olas Nick disse:

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but it seems that you need to play with the pitch_touchline_width_percentage parameter in the pitch with tactics container file

Yes, indeed. Thank you for this tip.

I was having the same issue as @Ruxiee, managed to fix it by changing the <integer id="pitch_touchline_width_percentage" value="XX" /> to my liking:

image.png.93a38fad5dbfb4b6ce5ecfd308fb9fae.png

However, I kinda messed up the faces now, which I would like to remain this larger size, but of course, move them up a little bit so they dont get cut off. This is what I have on tactic icon info panel overview.xml, but nothing I change can get them fixed. Would you be able to shed a light on this as well, please? 

Thanks anyway.

Spoiler

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1, 20" offset="0" gap="2"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="1" apply_to_children="true"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre, bottom" clickable="false">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,13,4"/>
                <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
            </widget>

</container>

</container>

Edited by lugui

32 minutes ago, lugui said:

Yes, indeed. Thank you for this tip.

I was having the same issue as @Ruxiee, managed to fix it by changing the <integer id="pitch_touchline_width_percentage" value="XX" /> to my liking:

image.png.93a38fad5dbfb4b6ce5ecfd308fb9fae.png

However, I kinda messed up the faces now, which I would like to remain this larger size, but of course, move them up a little bit so they dont get cut off. This is what I have on tactic icon info panel overview.xml, but nothing I change can get them fixed. Would you be able to shed a light on this as well, please? 

Thanks anyway.

Hide contents

<container>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1, 20" offset="0" gap="2"/>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="1" apply_to_children="true"/>

<container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre, bottom" clickable="false">
            </widget>

</container>

</container>

I'm in way a coder but I'd try  image_alignment="centre, centre" to see if that works if not then play around with the inset="0,0,13,4" trying different values to see what that does, I'm sure there's an easier way but this is what I would try 

Hope someone can help you more than I can 

You think you've cracked something and then something else goes wrong lol 

Any ideas which box this would be on the match screen, i have looked for any overlays but none within the match area. It creates like a greeny haze over the ME.

e523a64fdfd66a758696d0ce38223074.jpg

@lugui I was waiting for this...  :lol:

You've edited a setting which has downsized scaling. 

You need to play around with the insets.

Increasing the '13' value should do it and keep a top alignment. It's going to decrease the face sizes considerably though (but you might be ok with that..). I don't think your layout will effect it as there's only one thing in the container unless there's something else going on outside. 

To anyone else interested/confused by the difference in these alignment insets...

The first value is a top inset, so will send it down,

The second value is a left inset, sending it right,

The third and key here, is a bottom inset, sending it up

The fourth a right inset.

The alignment="all" means it scales and reduces in size the higher the value used as it's being squeezed from all four sides.

So...

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,33,0"/>

actually has a similar effect as: 

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />    

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="15"/>

11 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

You think you've cracked something and then something else goes wrong lol 

Any ideas which box this would be on the match screen, i have looked for any overlays but none within the match area. It creates like a greeny haze over the ME.

e523a64fdfd66a758696d0ce38223074.jpg

Done anything to the client object browser with backgrounds recently?

I became an expert in hiding everything in there when trying to hide the sidebar :lol:

Edited by Loda

1 minute ago, Loda said:

I became an expert in hiding everything in there when trying to hide the sidebar :lol:

I think you may have got it, i took off the transparency of one of the primary/paper sections. will look through that. :lol:

1 hora atrás, Jamie Aubrey disse:

I'm in way a coder but I'd try  image_alignment="centre, centre" to see if that works if not then play around with the inset="0,0,13,4" trying different values to see what that does, I'm sure there's an easier way but this is what I would try 

Hope someone can help you more than I can 

Thank you very much for your input. I tried it but unfortunately no sucess.

1 hora atrás, Loda disse:

@lugui I was waiting for this...  :lol:

You've edited a setting which has downsized scaling. 

You need to play around with the insets.

Increasing the '13' value should do it and keep a top alignment. It's going to decrease the face sizes considerably though (but you might be ok with that..). I don't think your layout will effect it as there's only one thing in the container unless there's something else going on outside. 

To anyone else interested/confused by the difference in these alignment insets...

The first value is a top inset, so will send it down,

The second value is a left inset, sending it right,

The third and key here, is a bottom inset, sending it up

The fourth a right inset.

The alignment="all" means it scales and reduces in size the higher the value used as it's being squeezed from all four sides.

So...

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,33,0"/>

actually has a similar effect as: 

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />    

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="15"/>

Thank you for such a detailed explanation, for real. Got to learn a few things I still had doubts.

Although...

No luck, unfortunately. I played around with the insets, mostly the third value - to be fair, anything with numbers inside the container below: layout, gap, insets... - , increasing and decreasing it. For some reason out of my skinning skills, theres seems to be some sort of limit/threshold that wont allow me to make/keep the faces a bit larger without squeshing or cutting them off in some way. Dont know how to explain it better, but I felt that I only had this sort of squared space/room to fit the face, so to make it larger I had to sacrifice and cut it off...weird, but I did try several things though...

Spoiler

<container>

<container>

<widget class="tactics_kit_picture" id="kitp" keep_aspect_ratio="true" alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" number_inset_right="0" number_inset_top="0" number_height="65">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,0,26"/>
            </widget>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="right, bottom" clickable="false">
            </widget>

</container>

<container class="spacer" id="kitS"/>
    </container>

I was trying to achieve something like this layout, funny thing is that this skin's panel has the same values I do and yet it looks larger: 

image.png.1ea435f96849471ff02efc532ace8248.png

So I had to settle with something more like this - faces are visible smaller -  and maybe I'll remove the kit behind it.

image.png.df58fd39084fe855ec460ea6df76a371.png

Anyway, I will leave the .xml just in case it could be of any help to anyone or any other ideas come up. 

Thanks again, mate.

EDIT:

One thing I just noticed is that, when you change the shape of the tactic from 3 defenders, the icons and faces get larger, just as I was expecting to keep as a pattern...

image.png.13fa6c59d0ddaac7ab4e391b57bf26ae.png

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

Edited by lugui

54 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thank you very much for your input. I tried it but unfortunately no sucess.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation, for real. Got to learn a few things I still had doubts.

Although...

No luck, unfortunately. I played around with the insets, mostly the third value - to be fair, anything with numbers inside the container below: layout, gap, insets... - , increasing and decreasing it. For some reason out of my skinning skills, theres seems to be some sort of limit/threshold that wont allow me to make/keep the faces a bit larger without squeshing or cutting them off in some way. Dont know how to explain it better, but I felt that I only had this sort of squared space/room to fit the face, so to make it larger I had to sacrifice and cut it off...weird, but I did try several things though...

Reveal hidden contents

<container>

<container>

<widget class="tactics_kit_picture" id="kitp" keep_aspect_ratio="true" alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" number_inset_right="0" number_inset_top="0" number_height="65">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,0,26"/>
            </widget>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="right, bottom" clickable="false">
            </widget>

</container>

</container>

I was trying to achieve something like this layout, funny thing is that this skin's panel has the same values I do and yet it looks larger: 

image.png.1ea435f96849471ff02efc532ace8248.png

So I had to settle with something more like this - faces are visible smaller -  and maybe I'll remove the kit behind it.

image.png.df58fd39084fe855ec460ea6df76a371.png

Anyway, I will leave the .xml just in case it could be of any help to anyone or any other ideas come up. 

Thanks again, mate.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 10.86 kB · 0 downloads

I did explain the face sizes would be reduced.  You're limited by potential previous changes to the touchline and the panel formatting. It works exactly as I imagined though... I did a quick, crude knock up on TCS below as I'm guessing you both have approximately the same pitch size (I'm not going to mess with footedness as its seems fine on yours..).  I changed exactly what I said.

<container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" >
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,36,0"/>
			</widget>

</container>

If you want bigger faces it needs a complete rethink as the issue is the amount of space. (tactics icon and/or pitch with tactics container and/or pitch size in tactics overview side panel). I needed to edit all of these, look at how much bigger my pitch is to create the space. Ironically enough though my tactics icon insert for faces is nearly exactly the same as what worked on TCS. 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

Edited by Loda
panel added

12 minutos atrás, Loda disse:

I did explain the face sizes would be reduced.  You're limited by potential previous changes to the touchline and the panel formatting. It works exactly as I imagined though... I did a quick, crude knock up on TCS below as I'm guessing you both have approximately the same pitch size (I'm not going to mess with footedness as its seems fine on yours..).  I changed exactly what I said.

<container>

<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" >
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,36,0"/>
			</widget>

</container>

If you want bigger faces it needs a complete rethink as the issue is the amount of space. (tactics icon and/or pitch with tactics container and/or pitch size in tactics overview side panel). I needed to edit all of these, look at how much bigger my pitch is to create the space. Ironically enough though my tactics icon insert for faces is nearly exactly the same as what worked on TCS. 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time and effort to assist me. 

I will try to enable the bigger faces by checking and working with tactics icon and/or pitch with tactics container and/or pitch size in tactics overview side panels. Indeed, I have changed several minor things around those panels, maybe that could be it.

The size of the faces you have looks quite the ideal to me, wil try to get there!

Edited by lugui

On 23/01/2023 at 16:15, Olas Nick said:

has anyone tried increasing the height of this panel? i want to increase the height of the squad container, but the problem seems to be the fixed overall height of the match overview popup panel, because there is no response to the height="" parameter

1033435224_2023-01-2316_06_36-FootballManager2023.png.2c79065b946645eb485cbaf697483dce.png

no ideas?

17 hours ago, Loda said:

Thought I had it sorted but the background colour comes up as soon as I enter the match preview screens and stays on during the match. :seagull:

cf386372a993911667293d6da30032c3.pnga1dd3a8ec77ba586d3ae7debeb855932.jpg

Edited by hyrule_king

21 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Thought I had it sorted but the background colour comes up as soon as I enter the match preview screens and stays on during the match. :seagull:

cf386372a993911667293d6da30032c3.pnga1dd3a8ec77ba586d3ae7debeb855932.jpg

Suspect it's the placement of a background or overlay container. 

Cross reference it with the base file or one from a custom skin. 

Hello everybody,

Is there a specific way to set up panels in order to make them usable on different screen resolutions?

I developed my skin in Full Screen Window Mode and a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%) using the respective ratios with negative sign in order to align the panels:

<panel>
    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-100,-208,-192" gap="4" offset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />

[...]

Screenshot2023-03-17at10_46_26.thumb.png.b1d90d8b9b4d81e96d1526228b85f262.png

Unfortunately users with smaller screen resolutions (1920x1080) discovered some elements not being visible anymore:

Screenshot2023-03-17at10_48_18.thumb.png.56496b4e6fa50cc0ad931f2658fc6ae6.png

Is there a "better way" to set up panels or do I need to adjust them for smaller screen resolutions manually (maybe by reducing the text sizes)?

21 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Is there a "better way" to set up panels or do I need to adjust them for smaller screen resolutions manually (maybe by reducing the text sizes)?

I think this is an almost ideal option

Untitled.png.7b820a7e08590c1bd7c1be22a4475345.png

the basic part has the size corresponding to the most common resolution, plus extra fields
and hide the excess with the parameters minimum_height, minimum_width and priority

1 hour ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hello everybody,

Is there a specific way to set up panels in order to make them usable on different screen resolutions?

I developed my skin in Full Screen Window Mode and a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%) using the respective ratios with negative sign in order to align the panels:

<panel>
    <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-100,-208,-192" gap="4" offset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />

[...]

Screenshot2023-03-17at10_46_26.thumb.png.b1d90d8b9b4d81e96d1526228b85f262.png

Unfortunately users with smaller screen resolutions (1920x1080) discovered some elements not being visible anymore:

Screenshot2023-03-17at10_48_18.thumb.png.56496b4e6fa50cc0ad931f2658fc6ae6.png

you'll have to mess around with horizontal/vertical_adaptive_containers, using priorities and such. Here's a quick guide i threw together a few years ago  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n_CGxGIKzWJNhXt8zwHsR4vovHj4-cwN7ToZSEC1iO8/edit

Hi Everyone, Great Idea for a thread. Need some help, but it's FM22...hopefully you won't mind.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed so the white box that is circled can dissappear? And what do I need to change to have a highlighted or something to show which page I'm on (Inbox, Social Feed, News etc etc)

Thanks in advance :)

SkinIssue.thumb.png.bea2d0815e61a3a7ccd4279ebb9f03f8.png

2 hours ago, HelderA91 said:

Hi Everyone, Great Idea for a thread. Need some help, but it's FM22...hopefully you won't mind.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed so the white box that is circled can dissappear? And what do I need to change to have a highlighted or something to show which page I'm on (Inbox, Social Feed, News etc etc)

Thanks in advance :)

SkinIssue.thumb.png.bea2d0815e61a3a7ccd4279ebb9f03f8.png

attach your titlebar.xml