• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EqXGwdx.png

2023/24 Midseason Review:

PRrQTRB.png

Having a hard time finding the right tactic to unlock this team's potential. Wildly inconsistent. I'm not worried about relegation at least.

Intake Preview:

5cuJSjc.png

Stacked looking. Our youth set up is really good so there should be some real talent in there.

5 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

HAHA what in the world?! I checked and Porto has a full U19 squad as well as the other Portugal clubs in continental competitions. Are you really telling me these two are in the top 40 of U19 Portuguese players in the game? If my Cape Verde players got callups before Luxembourg I wouldn't have been shocked, but this?

image.png.567458f89e0fad910bdc91a529b52c1d.png

My DLP

image.thumb.png.d142fcf64f59b462394b00b328409773.png

A rotation RM

image.thumb.png.8b865918bfb6c400c9c28e7eebe61777.png

That is very special. I think that your Portuguese newgens are influenced by the Luxembourg nation rating , not the Portuguese.  Like my africanos braganca Capo Verdians were influenced by the Portuguese rating.  Good job and I love this club/ situation 

46 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

That is very special. I think that your Portuguese newgens are influenced by the Luxembourg nation rating , not the Portuguese.  Like my africanos braganca Capo Verdians were influenced by the Portuguese rating.  Good job and I love this club/ situation 

Thanks, I'm thrilled with this set-up myself! I'm pretty sure you're correct about the Youth Rating, but that makes it actually a challenge to topple Porto & Benfica! I'm pleasantly surprised I'm also getting your Capo Verdeans in my intakes. I take that's just a natural element of Portuguese intakes to get some periodically?  

2 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Thoughts

@DazRTaylor Glad to see the database is out and you're onto your next Andorran Adventure! @jepze Welcome to Luxembourg! I've really enjoyed this low-level league, and I hope it's the change of pace you're looking for. I'll be interested to see what nationalities your club generates and how you find the micro-nation experience. If you're like me and didn't load any leagues be ready to take years to get any staff members. 

In my transfer link at the top you'll see I've already begun the great purge of players now that we have a useful academy. I'll be slimming down the squad significantly in the next few years especially since we are a financial wreck. Those 30 p/w Youth Contracts add up. Objective is probably to remain in this division for 2-3 more years to mature the squad before we challenge for top-flight. Really only a couple of my players are rated at the level of the league below us, so I have a lot of development to do.

It's a hard start. I havn't got a lot of leagues, only on view only, and i can't get any personal, so it's just me right now. Nearly got to the start of the league, and still searching for personal in 3 months now. Hopefully there will come some regen personal, so i can get a little bit. But got 10 players where 5 is M (C), so it's a hard start.

10 minutes ago, jepze said:

It's a hard start. I havn't got a lot of leagues, only on view only, and i can't get any personal, so it's just me right now. Nearly got to the start of the league, and still searching for personal in 3 months now. Hopefully there will come some regen personal, so i can get a little bit. But got 10 players where 5 is M (C), so it's a hard start.

It sure is, but at least the teams around you are all pretty bad and start with similarly thin rosters. What helped me was delegating the staff hiring to the chairman as he actually found most of my staff members. Granted that still took over a year to happen. Not sure if view-only generates staff members (I didn't think it did). Not sure how many Luxembourgish staff members nations like Belgium or France will generate though.

spacer.png

Save Intro

Squad | Transfers | Finances | Supporters | Facilities

I chose Hyde because i remember playing with them back in FM 2007 or FM 2008. They are nicknamed "The Tigers" and the media predicts us to finish 21st, it's gonna be a tough season, even more having such a short squad and not many options in the middle.

Manager Profile

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by v1n1akabozo
OPS

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Thanks, I'm thrilled with this set-up myself! I'm pretty sure you're correct about the Youth Rating, but that makes it actually a challenge to topple Porto & Benfica! I'm pleasantly surprised I'm also getting your Capo Verdeans in my intakes. I take that's just a natural element of Portuguese intakes to get some periodically?  

I think so, because most cape verdeans have a Portuguese second or first nationality?

On 11/11/2022 at 08:06, thomas_e said:

Would you mind elaborating more on how you handle training, especially for the U19? Most of the time all i do is to just fix the base intensity.

And one thing i missed from your post is praising and criticizing players whenever the weekly training report arrives, from my past experience that drives their trainning performance up and helps a lot into their development.

8 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I think so, because most cape verdeans have a Portuguese second or first nationality?

Apparently not in Luxembourg, but that will just be better for me later on when players then are choosing between the two smaller nations for their international future. But that is decades off...

image.png.e4e1234f32572ff417a89b067aca5925.png

image.png.b3335b9c3d7db6ac830138e7abad107b.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

I just started this form of challenge to try it out and landed in Hornchurch. I dont know if i'm able to pull it the whole way cause i'm waiting for a good san marino database to give san marino a shot asa coach in their "Elite" League - like last FM. I just had a question about the birthplace of my prospects - they seem to be born in Hornchurch but is Hornchurch not a part of London? As far as my german based geography let me know...

But the storys here are great to read - good luck for you guys ;)

f86c93708bb554c053d68f48d06b356b.png

2b8c54115b1864d0c5d1240626e8e2d9.png

A season where we finished lower than we did last season, but I felt a bit more comfortable with surviving funnily enough. I've snagged a Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgrade so hopefully we'll be getting in some first team contenders. We do have one youth product that's been a big feature for us though which is great.

Best XI

fca024d1c262ca43196c8bc0805f3f3a.png

Benjamin Warlo  -  Mikkel Jensen  -  Nikolaj Frandsen

3ebc98c1ea5875759fdc2bde9e8a0f9a.png

image.thumb.png.8e11e3c963467acc6484a66555368d19.png

Record Breakers

1ac578fbab71068e87b884a7cb2b6695.png

Award Winners

b5db3c298db9443d4b95d550a108e0bb.png

Manager Timeline

7122754885e488bb8c0346ead3fc90a9.png

Progress

b671ed80751ac97c6076478400bbf4b7.png

We could be on for our first major transfer. As much as I don't want it to happen, it's going to. 

The player. Brian Barry YP5a was the superstar from the intake a few seasons ago. Currently has 24 goals and 12 assists in 67 league games. I wanted £2.5m, 50% of next sale and an end of season move.

819338573_BrianBarryYP5a_Profile.thumb.png.ca4c43380f0278b48d30e724e8c51550.png

The board won't let me keep him and I offered to resign. I've kept my job. They have agreed to get more so we're upto £1.5m all in. However, there is a plot twist.

923493693_BrianBarryYP5aOriginalOffer.thumb.png.39bd043c43389eb2ee1101b24ad60ae2.png

199317201_BrianBarryYP5a_TransferOffer.png.a867fb4776a0304364095532f5bbdb77.png

Sunderland are also keen, they have agreed to my terms which would be massive. 

1394485161_BrianBarryYP5aSunderlandOffer.thumb.png.6a69b0ba20625c6c6d35d43c533567e0.png

14 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Would you mind elaborating more on how you handle training, especially for the U19? Most of the time all i do is to just fix the base intensity.

And one thing i missed from your post is praising and criticizing players whenever the weekly training report arrives, from my past experience that drives their trainning performance up and helps a lot into their development.

Below is a screenshot of the training program that I use for the U19. As you can see it focuses a lot on development and it works for defenders and attackers! 

I actively praise and critize players for traning performances. Make sure that you go to staff settings and have your U19 and Reserve team coach send you weekly reports on how the players are performing in training. I usually praise players when they perform better than 9,0 and critize them when they perform below 6,0. 

Just make sure that you dont praise a player more than two weeks in a row. They often tend to get angry if you praise them three weeks in a row, as strange as that sounds. 

image.thumb.png.cb568b2d23ffd217c74d2ca9dc34476c.png

Edited by thomas_e

I may have spoken too soon re Andorra.  Despite the bug in Scotland, as I was sacked at Spartans earlier in the season, we go again.

Club Introduction

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

Gbvb4ry.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023              31 May 2024         £350 p/w          £325 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Average            Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Premier Sports Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Some changes before next season in Staff memb, New HOYD will be Henk Mariman ex Club Brugge, looks promising. I think I'm turning littlebit Belgian LoL.
image.thumb.png.dc6171c42ef2831afda07f168a697677.png
image.thumb.png.8b4c111166c61edb77a2a40cc6db2665.png

PS. Where you can see now your countries knowledge I can't find it in scouting tab?

Edited by Sn00gle

3 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Some changes before next season in Staff memb, New HOYD will be Henk Mariman ex Club Brugge, looks promising. I think I'm turning littlebit Belgian LoL.
image.thumb.png.dc6171c42ef2831afda07f168a697677.png
image.thumb.png.8b4c111166c61edb77a2a40cc6db2665.png

PS. Where you can see now your countries knowledge I can't find it in scouting tab?

You can find it by clicking on Scouting Coverage on the scouting tab. It'll then give you another tab for scouts and world knowledge, which can be sorted by regions or nations in a dropdown menu.1974502108_ScoutingCoverageLocation.thumb.png.b51463d2a9e85f9219195aa7024bf7ad.png

Edited by JLAB

17 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Haha, it's either Hall of Fame or the unemployment office, mate! 

I’d imagine your expectations next year will be to fight bravely against relegation but what do your supporters want and how much influence do they have over the board.

Going great to be in the top league that quickly in Germany :thup:

8 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I’d imagine your expectations next year will be to fight bravely against relegation but what do your supporters want and how much influence do they have over the board.

Going great to be in the top league that quickly in Germany :thup:

Thanks, really happy (and scared) about the progression so far. If I can make the playoff spot (16th out of 18 teams) I will be extremely happy. The good thing is that Darmstadt and 1860 Munchen got promoted alongside me instead of Schalke and Union Berlin, I think they will struggle as well, so it's basically a battle between us and them. 

The supporters have moderate say on my position. They are keeping in mind the results from last year and strongly want me to be competitive against Hertha Berlin so those will be big games for us!! 

image.png.c2e8e3d4a6213269f5dccc2a30b87eb5.png