The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

2 out of the 4 promoted teams got back to back promotions. @XaW: you know 1 of those teams, so no pressure. ;)

@XaW: as you are also playing in Belgium, do you encounter the same financial issues? I know from previous FM's that the finances in Belgium are a mess, but never had these losses.

No pressure, eh? :p I'm currently safely mid-table, and I thought that was a good achievement! 

Yeah, I seem to be losing a lot of money each month, though i haven't gotten past November yet, so not sure about how it will be when the season is over.

3 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

1225311398_RacingMechelen.png.09ca737ededa6313f034d273d98ee4bd.png

Racing Mechelen - 1ste Amateur (3th tier) - Season 2023-2024

Predicted: 18th

Final position: 14th

We had a rough start with only 1 win and 4 losses in our first 5 games. But afterwards we played better, and got some good results. We were always between 10th and 14th place. Although I only finish in the last safe position, and were never really in any relegation battle. 

2 out of the 4 promoted teams got back to back promotions. @XaW: you know 1 of those teams, so no pressure. ;)

Games 1

Games 2

Cup: didn't care about the cup, but made it to the 5th round where we were well beaten by a second division team.

Transfers: None, of course

Youth intake: We had an incredible preview (1, 2), and the actual intake (1, 2) didn't disappoint at all. I've signed all but the bottom 2 players, but the youngsters all wanted €500/week. Not realistic at all.

Aloysius Fisher (YP1a): ST

Kingsley Tagoe (YP1b): AMC

Noah De Poorter (YP1c): DC/DL

Haytam Idrissi (YP1d): DL

Théo Bidault: (YP1e): DR

A couple of the signed youngsters will get some game time next season, as a couple of first teamers have disappoint me this season.

Finances: Terrible!! We lost €1.5 million this season. If no investments of the board will happen, I'm afraid that this game will become unplayable. This is an overview of the expenses this season. Completely unrealistic. In real life we have turned brake even or even made a small profit the last 3 seasons, even during corona. No team in real life can survive these losses in a 3th division.

@XaW: as you are also playing in Belgium, do you encounter the same financial issues? I know from previous FM's that the finances in Belgium are a mess, but never had these losses.

So we have again financial issues in Belgium and U23 teams are wrongly included in the cups.  I would like to warn everybody about starting this save in Scotland. Last year i had a lot of issues with Caley Braves. I couldn't sign staff for my U18 , couldn't place adverts . Also not able to move players from senior of reserve team to U18 .

I tested this with four teams in league two (Scotland) and all those things are not fixed !

After skipping last year's challenge, I'm having a go again this year.  Not that I've ever managed it, although did once get through to the group stages of the CL with Aberystwyth.

Gone for England this time, took the year off with Holiday Man, and then swooped for Merthyr!  Let's see how this pans out...

butterfield-merthyr.JPG

image.png.dee584b2ef6e0e69db5db0a4937d5bb5.png

Cardiff Corinthians - Season 13 (2034/35) Review - FM22

I probably wont be moving to FM23 soon so will keep my Welsh journey going for a little longer.  This was another great season where we again managed to beat TNS to the league title and also managed to pick up our second Welsh Cup win.  TNS have now failed to qualify for the group stage of a European competition since the 2029/30 season and operation stave-TNS-of-money is going pretty well, though they are still professional.

This season saw us manage our highest ever average league attendance and we had the 5th highest attendance in the league.  Attendances as whole don't seem to be going up much in the league despite the improvements in the leagues reputation (up from 72nd to 67th in the last 12 months).

Cardiff Corries are now the highest reputation team in the Welsh league, moving ahead of TNS to 2.0 star (Regional).

Spoiler

image.png.70e04b46b8421163f9b573c9f3a3c8fe.png

Spoiler

image.png.0af15e6e51a65302bdc6c5ddfb392cc6.png

Spoiler

Top Division Reputations In Europe

image.png.0fc278be3c7bc979d16f38c60d41da39.png

Competitions

Premier League - 1st

Welsh Cup - Winner

League Cup 3rd Round

Europa League - Group Stage

Spoiler

League

image.png.56a7c7d1fada8d4d6cc011e6fde3feca.png

League - Player Records

image.png.37fb28f4ddfdb02b811bc894734ce701.png

Cup

image.png.1fb1541ce10ee6bccc6cf242df45e4cd.png

League Cup

image.png.c9b39a5004e7456eca54355e5624beb7.png

Europe

image.thumb.png.cdeee241810c4968df5a3bbca7769aeb.png

image.png.2bf34267935740fd8c2989154a9446a2.png

Players - This is how we lined up this season

image.png.22439aedfe88e06b3ad02a6dfe951004.png

Spoiler

image.png.0aaf0d7d4a4bf35a8be7118f64c3ad67.png

The Fans PotY and Young PoyY award went to our 20yr old midfielder (and occasional striker) Graham Byron 31d.

Spoiler

image.png.885a48022015302d4f11d1bfce133605.png

image.png.fac0d4c379d154752808aaa5bbd18ebe.png

Youth Intake

We were told to accept a 4star Excellent intake.  When the intake arrived it was described as a 5star potential Golden Generation.

image.thumb.png.75c0c54aad6c933ce1199b6b900d9aa6.png

Spoiler

Preview

image.png.e2e3244d78fcc5c659112593b6c9ef5f.png

HoYD

image.thumb.png.0c678d3bfae17d35381e8fa40e0dfce3.png

Facilities and Youth Spend

We managed to negotiate improvements to both our youth and training facilities.

Spoiler

Youth Facilities

image.png.c1e38b3bad1ef9ab34778dd73fb888c2.png

Training Facilities

image.png.891caeeed30f640ac4ddc16554f36880.png

Player Records

image.thumb.png.eb4ec92b8eb97aacd8b8c298bff4f0f6.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.638c4b528cc2b341eeb8cfd6df5c0fb7.png

image.thumb.png.f8ac11bafb84be12b9dd4309393ae9b2.png

Spoiler

image.png.959222297ce22de2765c588a7d113f34.png

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

So we have again financial issues in Belgium and U23 teams are wrongly included in the cups.  I would like to warn everybody about starting this save in Scotland. Last year i had a lot of issues with Caley Braves. I couldn't sign staff for my U18 , couldn't place adverts . Also not able to move players from senior of reserve team to U18 .

I tested this with four teams in league two (Scotland) and all those things are not fixed !

But the good thing is that youth teams (U18 & U21) play competitive games.

7 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Very nice team but are there no four tiers this year in France? After reloading them a few times i noticed promoted teams from Championnat National 3 , the 4th tier . Teams like Boulogne start in 3rd tier.

eb8908ab0fdba9a0ba749664f9152a02.png

As far as I could tell they're still not playable. I'd have been more than happy to start down there but what can you do?

actually, i can go check again!

edit: yeah, fourth tier unplayable. Boulogne were promoted  from fourth tier after 1 season, they're currently playing down there in real life. It's all above board i promise!

Edited by libbyshuss

@Bartrcm in Belgium, after a holiday game(second season), the two promoted teams Berchem Sport and Cappellen are in deep red .

Cappellen started with +297K (euro's) and ended the season with 622k in red (i signed all the youth intake players to those wages are added from april). That is a loss of +-920k.

d049a969c3a8113d19bb3708e9536351.png

Berchem started with + 313K and ended at 1.356.608M . that is a loss of .1.7 M !  They signed a lot of free players (i wasn't the manager) and got promoted. 

12d2ea9a04d255b31ec9e871fff47a8e.png

I remember that i played with Aalst at FM21 , four or five seasons and the balance was fine because of a very big fanbase. I hope you (or maybe Xaw is he gets the same issue) can escalate this to the bug tracker.

Did a test with Aalst:

They started 30/6/23 with 403K

c832fec4e8cd625344fac7e7d73c1016.png
They ended at 30/6/24 -537k.

8830535b3ff27a5b33305e58ff173eca.png
meaning a loss of 937k.

db426f013fea6cc11bb27d031289f6bc.png

So at the moment no Belgium(or i should pick Aalst) or Scotland( Braves) for me :'( 

Edited by OlivierL

2 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Reported the scotland issues again (like last FM) via bug tracker: 

Reported the Belgium finances issue here : 

I hope this will get fixed and maybe someone can add some more examples.

I've added my findings.

KHMBBMO.png

2024/25 Midseason Review:

IMDW8Sm.png

hGgM8kY.png

I knew we'd give up goals, and we have. What I wasn't expecting was to not score goals. The last 5 have been undefeated so hopefully things are starting to turn around. Hopefully things keep progressing and I don't wind up as the first in the challenge to get sacked.

7oQRnG1.png

Just hoping anyone comes in ready to play. 

Unrelated...Go Phillies!

I am still trying to find a save that will stick.

Club Introduction

SC Preußen Münster

4jwfyXc.png

The Manager

This is me.

TfK1AzW.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Halfway through my first season as manager of Merthyr Town in the Vanarama National League North, and it's tough going - although we're sat in 8th position just outside the playoff places, I fear we're not going to be there much longer.  Lots of suspensions, injuries and the inevitable tiredness that hits around the new year.  

yr1-halfway.thumb.JPG.f16e2b423f7950953c65cffa37ef15a0.JPG

As expected, the intake preview looks excellent - but then quite honestly I could scoop up a bunch of people from Tesco and they'd look impressive next to the cloggers in the squad at the moment, so I'm not going to hold my breath.  I guess we'll see what happens some time in March or April. 

yr1-intake.thumb.JPG.6612072a22e2adb36c3a511eec85526f.JPG

Good thing about the preview though, is it matches my formation (4-3-3) pretty well - I guess that's down to ol Jim Hart, who let's hope is a decent pick for HOYD.

yr1-hoyd.thumb.JPG.d7209c75495d7d726cd46d759d1c8a61.JPG

47 minutes ago, XaW said:

K. Berchem Sport - Wikipedia

XaW - Koninklijke Berchem Sport 2004 - Season 2023/24 - Nationale 1

rQTTVxd.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

We are going up! I had my doubts, but towards the 2nd part of the season we really stepped up our game and climbed up into the playoff spots and on the final day we clinched 3rd to go into the 2nd tier. Quite good considering the youth intake came AFTER all matches were done. Looking forward to finally having a full bench next season! :D

Crocky Cup: We beat KSV Bornem and RC Hades before we lost to Royal Excelsior Virton in the 5th round.

U21 Team:

They seemingly played in 2 reserve competitions (bug it seems), so enough games for them! They finished bottom of the Belgian First National Reserve Division

wjIwOMX.png

And they finished 2nd last in the Belgian Reserve League 1B.

1rlKXYj.png

U18 Team:

c9VnhsK.png

They finished 10th in the Belgian U19 National 1.

Youth intake:

qINyFwq.png

zHJy3AT.png

UX8ztXo.png

B5iRorF.png

WbtwBRJ.png

Trophy cabinet

None

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------
None

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Goals
None

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Assists
None

Supporters:

YT01vkm.png

Summary:

SQnBi5P.png

The pressure helped. ;) Congratulations on the promotion!

2 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

When @XaW turns the easy mode in the pitch and the hard mode in finances :lol:

I just cant wait for the full release to join the journey

Haha, yeah, the finances are a bit of an issue...

6 hours ago, Winski said:

Tyresö FF logo.svg

Tyresö FF

Well, here we go again! My first FM23 save, and we'll start in Sweden. I had a brief spell at IK Sleipner in FM22 and I really liked it. I had some other options as well (Czech Republic, Germany and Finland) but decided to start in Sweden.
I chose Tyresö FF mainly because of their logo and club colours. And it's a club from Stockholm(county), so hopefully a good starting point for getting some nice newgens.

The reset date is 26 December 2022. I just holidayed from the last match of season 2022 (26-9-2022) until 26-12-2022.

V2wC8wI.png
E6Nt8Xv.png

The Supporter Profile. We now got 130 ticket holders, and 5% of them are hardcore fans. Let's see if we can get that % up!
SfuCWTp.jpg

I made these home&away kits.

4gqYPOD.jpg

Let's go Tyresö!

good luck mate ! nice kits and beautiful logo !

21 minutes ago, Ralph96 said:

Hi, am new to this challenge, wanted to ask how it would work in Norway, as the lowest division is not playable. How do I get a team there?

You holiday the first season and take over as one of the teams promoted from the lowest (non-playable) division into the lowest playable division.  If I remember correctly that means one of the teams from the fourth tier that are promoted into the third tier.

6 hours ago, XaW said:

K. Berchem Sport - Wikipedia

XaW - Koninklijke Berchem Sport 2004 - Season 2023/24 - Nationale 1

rQTTVxd.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

We are going up! I had my doubts, but towards the 2nd part of the season we really stepped up our game and climbed up into the playoff spots and on the final day we clinched 3rd to go into the 2nd tier. Quite good considering the youth intake came AFTER all matches were done. Looking forward to finally having a full bench next season! :D

Crocky Cup: We beat KSV Bornem and RC Hades before we lost to Royal Excelsior Virton in the 5th round.

U21 Team:

They seemingly played in 2 reserve competitions (bug it seems), so enough games for them! They finished bottom of the Belgian First National Reserve Division

wjIwOMX.png

And they finished 2nd last in the Belgian Reserve League 1B.

1rlKXYj.png

U18 Team:

c9VnhsK.png

They finished 10th in the Belgian U19 National 1.

Youth intake:

qINyFwq.png

zHJy3AT.png

UX8ztXo.png

B5iRorF.png

WbtwBRJ.png

Trophy cabinet

None

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Apps
None

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Goals
None

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Assists
None

Supporters:

YT01vkm.png

Summary:

SQnBi5P.png

@XaW what was your biggest cost last season? Ground maintenance ? It was +- 1M(euro's) in my holiday test. In the second season, after a few months of testing, it seems  nothing so i think that they were doing rebuild / expansion of the stadium ?

In november in the second season, Berchem receive a cash injection after a takeover in my save and i receive a message about a completed expansion

Spoiler

7b132d2580adc41310d1cfea2c4f3f53.png

Edited by OlivierL

My 4th striker, and only YI frontline player, got 5 goals against Leamington:

image.png.e972b8d3cd56420000424805841eced5.png

I think the 1* rating is a little harsh. Yes he's slow, but he's got the Target Man attributes decently for our level.

image.thumb.png.8d7339a98ff2d77c03636249367ade1d.png

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

My 4th striker, and only YI frontline player, got 5 goals against Leamington:

image.png.e972b8d3cd56420000424805841eced5.png

I think the 1* rating is a little harsh. Yes he's slow, but he's got the Target Man attributes decently for our level.

image.thumb.png.8d7339a98ff2d77c03636249367ade1d.png

even more harsh is the 2 star potential rating at 17yo with 10 determination

In Croatia Season ticks over on 20th June, on May 28th the Promotion/Relegation Playoff from Lowest Playable Division is defined, so you can kind off "cheat" and see which lower division team can get promotion and save and reload until it wins. Seems like u also get different teams promoted when holidaying from May 28th to season tick over

Has anyone noticed any weird Youth Player progression yet? Been seeing some tweets from popular youtubers and generic FM accounts saying it is really messed up. Just wondering if anyone has noticed and if that has put them off this challenge for the time being?

The tweets and stuff I have seen is very generic with little to no actual evidence, so came to the place I thought would have the most knowledge :)

10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

@XaW what was your biggest cost last season? Ground maintenance ? It was +- 1M(euro's) in my holiday test. In the second season, after a few months of testing, it seems  nothing so i think that they were doing rebuild / expansion of the stadium ?

In november in the second season, Berchem receive a cash injection after a takeover in my save and i receive a message about a completed expansion

Reveal hidden contents

7b132d2580adc41310d1cfea2c4f3f53.png

Ground maintenance was the big one, btu we also had to enlarge the stadium which cost a lot, so it's partially understandable. The 2nd higher was staff wages at around £450k p/y.

3 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Damn, reading all your starting posts here gives me such an itch to return to this and try again. Unfortunately I am still on FMT21...

You know what's coming...

Come Sit GIFs | Tenor

46 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Has anyone noticed any weird Youth Player progression yet? Been seeing some tweets from popular youtubers and generic FM accounts saying it is really messed up. Just wondering if anyone has noticed and if that has put them off this challenge for the time being?

The tweets and stuff I have seen is very generic with little to no actual evidence, so came to the place I thought would have the most knowledge :)

There is a bug regarding the technical attributes and how the progress in the game. SI have said the fix will be save compatible, but not retrofit the lacking development. However, it seems to happen for all players, so it's not something that just happens to the human player.