The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

4 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I heard that if you eat nothing but cabbages for breakfast then Miles will personally deliver the beta to you along with a large pepperoni pizza and a toblerone

Airport size toblerone? I'll get some cabbage right away!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sufcdan said:

I think I actually ask this every year, so sorry in advance! But do some carry on with their beta save when the game is actually fully released? Any cons to doing so?

The only con is if there are league rules that are not correct during beta then you definitely need to start a new game to make that work 

1 minute ago, sufcdan said:

I think I actually ask this every year, so sorry in advance! But do some carry on with their beta save when the game is actually fully released? Any cons to doing so?

There’s generally only cons if there’s data that needs fixing. Most other fixes tend to be save game compatible. My beta save last year ran til February til my laptop died :(

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

we didn't get the beta today because there no gifs/memes with the grandma in the cage. That always does the trick lol 

I hope there will be no grandmas here. Otherwise I'd feel obligated to spam Subwoolfer and there is only so much of them until someone's workplace says "not safe!"

5 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

I'd have continued my beta-save if I didn't leave the editor checked (it is so easy to ignore when it isn't available for the first hundred hours or so). There were only minor amounts of weirdness in the attributes but it had something I always miss in full releases: Lots of high-level talents in lower leagues. Scouting was actually fun before the flood of newgens because there actually were "hidden gems" whereas the full game considerably toned them down.

14 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

I carried on with mine. Started with Arsenal, and my match engine manager stayed as Arteta (appearance). Even when I moved club 🙃

just dealt with it though. was my best save ever. To date

10 minutes ago, SouthgatesRedWhiteArmy said:

Everyone in this thread trying to figure out the quantum physics of when previous beta’s were released to make rational conclusions to when this years will be released…. 

A84810A0-0DC5-48B4-9F31-DABDD994B281.gif

6pm this thursday, only rational time possible

1 hour ago, sufcdan said:

I think I answer this every year :D I have just one save every version of FM, and I have started it during beta since the first time there was a beta. Never had a problem, and I will be doing it again this year.

1 hour ago, sufcdan said:

Last year was the only year I had every had a problem continuing a beta save. After the full release, there was a certain date I could no longer advance past. I think a lot of people had this issue, and so I did restart my save with same club I was managing. Of course only a few days later they rolled out a fix and I was able to continue that broken save, but by that point I was already newly invested in my new save. 

But overall i always continue my beta save for a long term save. 

7 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Apparently Jurgen Klopp's favourite breakfast is Coco Pops.

But he doesn’t eat them. He collects them.

4 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

And he only washes that dopey hat of his under the light of a full moon, with tears milked from Jordan Hendersons' Labradoodle

Hendo’s Labradoodle was a gift from the Sultan of Brunei. Its name is Dame Judi Dench, no relation.

12 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here, but Epic Games has mentioned Beta is available 20/10/22

Pics or it didn’t happen

Ultimately they won’t know that. It gets released when it’s ready, it’s not predetermined.

Edited by gunner86

1 minute ago, sven dlier said:

I don't want to know when the beta is out. I'm here for the excitement, the disappointment when SI staff barge in and the gif's.

Are you applying reverse psychology, nice work