How do I...

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't the correct forum, but I get fast answers here so trying my luck...
I've managed to screw up the installation of the Real Name Fix for FM24 and don't really know how to undo it... Any recommendations?

37 minutes ago, Stevmon said:

I know this isn't the correct forum, but I get fast answers here so trying my luck...
I've managed to screw up the installation of the Real Name Fix for FM24 and don't really know how to undo it... Any recommendations?

Sorry, we can't discuss this as it is essentially circumventing the licencing. You'll have to use google.

One of my coaches has been set as a set piece coach automatically even though they're a goal keeper coach. I signed a set piece coach but the board blocked it as "we already have a set piece coach". How do I remove a set piece coach without mutually terminating the coaches contract. I went into the coach assignments tab but the assigned coach wasn't even on set pieces. I'm probably being really stupid.

10 hours ago, Stevmon said:

Find the FMScout video on YouTube and follow along

8 minutes ago, jfmargolin said:

How do I improve a players determination/work rate now that they have removed the ability to discipline players? Anybody know? Are these just locked in now and don't change or is there a way the coach can influence these attributes?

mentoring 

On 20/10/2023 at 15:34, Zoz said:

How do I set a scouting assignment to an individual scout (rather than a 'focus')?  i.e. please scout Germany.

Scouting Assignment and Recruitment Focus is the same.

Choose Area: Germany and then from below the scout you want to scout Germany.

Hi, not a ‘how do I’ Q but seemed more appropriate to post here than start a whole thread.

If I save my transfer budget does the amount the following season reduce as I already have x amount in the budget or would I be provided the same amount the following season regardless of current transfer budget?

Thanks

13 hours ago, JD23 said:

If I save my transfer budget does the amount the following season reduce as I already have x amount in the budget or would I be provided the same amount the following season regardless of current transfer budget?

It isn't likely to reduce your budget. The next season your board will make an assessment about how much they would free up for transfers depending on various attributes set for the board member and the clubs financial position. 

2 hours ago, Marinho said:

How do i set up the new set piece tool so that on corners my team do outswingers from one side and inswingers from the other? 

Create two routines, one inswinging and one outswinging, then in the "corner takers", tick the "Set <player> as the default corner taker from both sides. That will make sure that player takes all corners and will use the correct swing to fit his preferred foot.

6 hours ago, XaW said:

Create two routines, one inswinging and one outswinging, then in the "corner takers", tick the "Set <player> as the default corner taker from both sides. That will make sure that player takes all corners and will use the correct swing to fit his preferred foot.

Thanks! But i'd have to adjust manually if he's not on the pitch? It's less about a specific player but more about the fact i currently have like 4 good right footed set piece takers and not left footed ones :)

I'll play around with it and see if maybe it automatically grabs the 2nd from the list.

How do i raise my basic wage limits? Like i guess it's related to your balance, which in my case is in the green - approximately £30m in the bank. But the example i'll give is one of my players wants a pay increase which i am happy to give and his contract expire next season and would like to keep him as backup. I've just got promoted to Premier League, i have a wage budget of 700k per week, currently spending £400k even after promotion wage rises so i have about £300k spare. The issue is the player in question wants 32.5k p/w as an important player, the max it will let me offer is £23.5k even though i have other people with the same squad status on £26k. I don't want to offer him "star player" status just to get a higher wage cause he'll just get upset in the season when he's a back up. So is there a way to increase minimum wage i can offer?

1 hour ago, Sean Taylor said:

How do i raise my basic wage limits? Like i guess it's related to your balance, which in my case is in the green - approximately £30m in the bank. But the example i'll give is one of my players wants a pay increase which i am happy to give and his contract expire next season and would like to keep him as backup. I've just got promoted to Premier League, i have a wage budget of 700k per week, currently spending £400k even after promotion wage rises so i have about £300k spare. The issue is the player in question wants 32.5k p/w as an important player, the max it will let me offer is £23.5k even though i have other people with the same squad status on £26k. I don't want to offer him "star player" status just to get a higher wage cause he'll just get upset in the season when he's a back up. So is there a way to increase minimum wage i can offer?

In real life, the board sets the wage limits. In the game, you sometimes get the option to ask the board to raise the wage limit or ask it to negotiate a contract that's beyond your means.

3 hours ago, Mobius said:

How do I run FM24 without Steam Client open?

I'm trying to have as little stuff open in the background to help my PC run faster when playing FM

You can’t steam has to be open in the background 

39 minutes ago, Mobius said:

Bugger. Oh well cheers pal 

It annoys me as well - I used to be able to click on 'go offline' but that option's gone. However, I get regular power/internet outages where I live and I find that FM24 still opens even when Steam can't be connected to.

How do I create the worst possible chairman?

Once the official pre-game editor is released for FM24 I'm looking at creating a challenge save where I give my club the worst possible chairman, and give the other teams in the league a perfect chairman, hopefully creating a save where the league is hard to climb due to the mismatch in club finances.

A chairman has 4 attributes

• Resources
  • Patience
  • Interference
  • Business

Resources, Patience and Interference seem fairly straightforward - putting them all at 1 should give me a poor chairman who likes to interfere and fires me at the first sign of failure, but I'm not entirely sure what "Business" does. Does 1 Business mean we'll be poorer as a club due to less sponsorship/merchandising sales? Does 20 Business mean he runs the club like a business rather than a football club - so it doesn't let me invest in players or put the club into any debt? I suspect setting it to 1 is probably the correct move, I Just want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding what the attribute does.

Also - is there anything else I should consider when editing the club/board members?

Cheers

Edited by Grez

1 hour ago, Grez said:

How do I create the worst possible chairman?

Once the official pre-game editor is released for FM24 I'm looking at creating a challenge save where I give my club the worst possible chairman, and give the other teams in the league a perfect chairman, hopefully creating a save where the league is hard to climb due to the mismatch in club finances.

A chairman has 4 attributes

• Resources
  • Patience
  • Interference
  • Business

Resources, Patience and Interference seem fairly straightforward - putting them all at 1 should give me a poor chairman who likes to interfere and fires me at the first sign of failure, but I'm not entirely sure what "Business" does. Does 1 Business mean we'll be poorer as a club due to less sponsorship/merchandising sales? Does 20 Business mean he runs the club like a business rather than a football club - so it doesn't let me invest in players or put the club into any debt? I suspect setting it to 1 is probably the correct move, I Just want to be sure I'm not misunderstanding what the attribute does.

Also - is there anything else I should consider when editing the club/board members?

Cheers

Interference wants to be 20 I think. All the others 1. You can also set the chairman/board's objectives which can be nightmarish.

14 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Interference wants to be 20 I think. All the others 1. You can also set the chairman/board's objectives which can be nightmarish.

Ah yeah I meant 20 interference, my mistake!

Custom board objectives could be interesting, I'll have to take a look at that too. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 minute ago, Grez said:

Ah yeah I meant 20 interference, my mistake!

Custom board objectives could be interesting, I'll have to take a look at that too. Thanks for the suggestion!

If it's finances you want to jigger, use the editor to burden the club with debt, no transfer budget and a wage budget that forces you to start by offloading your highest-paid players.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

If it's finances you want to jigger, use the editor to burden the club with debt, no transfer budget and a wage budget that forces you to start by offloading your highest-paid players.

Yeah I've had a look at adding debt before and it could definitely give you a tricky start. I figured once you get past the initial debt you're just going back into the normal flow of things though, and I was looking for something that adds a more permanent challenge to the save (which is why I looked at chairmen attributes/resources). I guess if you made the loan payments persist long term that would make it a more permanent problem though.

That gives me an interesting idea - adding debt repayments that increase every year, so even though you're growing and improving the club every year, the debt repayments are increasing too. It would be a race between how quickly you can improve the club and raise money vs how quickly you fall into administration due to the ever-increasing debt.

I like the sound of this for a save idea, it'll just be hard to know what level to set the debt payments at so that they're not irrelevant, but also not impossible to deal with.

This might not be the most appropriate place but saves starting a new topic. I remember there being a really good topic on what leagues/database to stat with, I've searched in the forums but can't find it, if someone can, could you please link it in here please.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

This might not be the most appropriate place but saves starting a new topic. I remember there being a really good topic on what leagues/database to stat with, I've searched in the forums but can't find it, if someone can, could you please link it in here please.

Thanks!

You mean this one?

6 hours ago, koen.westerveldd said:

How do i get these unique score boards per competition, like this?

Is this standard or do i need to use a skin or something?

image.png.c90e589338ac274fd234a5b54dce3bb2.png

Some of the officially licensed leagues have them by default. I also think some skins can change them.

On the touchline tablet during games, when viewing the opposition formation, is there a way for squad numbers to be visible?

I play 2D and have to click on the 2d icons to see the names of the player and compare it to the tablet. Would be great if I could see this at a glance 

fm24

I’ve been doing a league 1 save - and my star striker had his work permit rejected when i renewed his contract; despite this, it allowed me to keep him in my team until the end of the season as he had a valid one until then. i have now been promoted. On the players profile it says i can apply for a new work permit but i cannot find how to do this. i also now have 3 spare esc permits but i cannot figure out how to allocate him these? thanks in advance

image.jpg

Edited by guj123

How do I play a short free-kick from a shooting position or a spray the ball to a player in a wide position? I'm trying to do something different with set-pieces and essentially lay it off to someone else or to knock the ball wide, I couldn't see the options to set this up. 

On 29/10/2023 at 06:15, SaintsCanada said:

How do I send my GK forward for a corner on FM24?

If you have mentality set to "ultra attacking" (or whatever it's called, the one when you are desperate to claw one back), he'll automatically come forward in the final highlights of the game in set pieces. Other than that, idk if you can do it permanently.