How do I...

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an option somewhere to see how many times over the course of the season I have managed to hit the woodwork?

Sometimes it will pop up during interviews after the match has ended, Happened the past 3 games - 3 times hit woodwork against Norwich, 3 times hit woodwork against Leicester and 4 times against Crystal Palace :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to prevent Media type items from coming to your Inbox? - for example "Question from 90min.com's Toby Henderson"

I have already set all Responsibilities to my Assistant Manager under Staff > Responsibilities.

You can apply a Media filter to your inbox - but that only filters items that have already arrived at your Inbox, and is only temporary so once you Continue you will just see Media items again.

How do I actually use general allocation money to reduce impact on salary cap? It recommends I do but even when I click to go do that, there's nothing I can do. I've even tried using the in game salary editor to reduce people's salary and it has no impact on salary cap effect.

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

On 01/04/2023 at 21:14, kopfan1977 said:

Is there an option somewhere to see how many times over the course of the season I have managed to hit the woodwork?

Sometimes it will pop up during interviews after the match has ended, Happened the past 3 games - 3 times hit woodwork against Norwich, 3 times hit woodwork against Leicester and 4 times against Crystal Palace :rolleyes:

Shot accuracy in Data Hub I think.

On 21/04/2023 at 14:16, Conardo said:

Is there an overview of my loaned players and their performances?

Development centre -> Loans

4 hours ago, Offish said:

If I need a goal desperately,what tweaks should I make?

No real quick answer to this one I'm afraid. It's always going to depend on the opposition. Against stronger teams than my side, I tend to find it easier if I go more attacking. They're less likely to shut up shop and soak up the pressure. For teams who've maybe got lucky against you and gotten a goal and are just now sitting a lot deeper, I tend to find trying to be a bit more restrained, play on the counter and importantly give them space to attack when they do get the ball. How exactly both of those work depends massively on your shape, your players etc. Probably worth a visit to the tactics forum.

15 hours ago, santy001 said:

No real quick answer to this one I'm afraid. It's always going to depend on the opposition. Against stronger teams than my side, I tend to find it easier if I go more attacking. They're less likely to shut up shop and soak up the pressure. For teams who've maybe got lucky against you and gotten a goal and are just now sitting a lot deeper, I tend to find trying to be a bit more restrained, play on the counter and importantly give them space to attack when they do get the ball. How exactly both of those work depends massively on your shape, your players etc. Probably worth a visit to the tactics forum.

Thanks my guy.

After a bit of advice/help. I have played FM for a number of years and recently boughtFM23. I find the black skin isnt great on my eyes. Is there an easy way to change the background colour to a lighter colour with dark text? 

I have never loaded a skin or changed any of the game settings so I am a bit of a novice. 

I have went into preferences but havent found anything that is obvious to my simple mind. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, baggermunro said:

After a bit of advice/help. I have played FM for a number of years and recently boughtFM23. I find the black skin isnt great on my eyes. Is there an easy way to change the background colour to a lighter colour with dark text? 

I have never loaded a skin or changed any of the game settings so I am a bit of a novice. 

I have went into preferences but havent found anything that is obvious to my simple mind. 

Thanks in advance. 

I think you need to edit the XML-files to do so, but we have a whole section of people how does this stuff here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

I had a look and found this:

It seems to be mostly the basic skin just a light one.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think you need to edit the XML-files to do so, but we have a whole section of people how does this stuff here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

I had a look and found this:

It seems to be mostly the basic skin just a light one.

Many thanks for that. A quick read of the first couple of pages and it seems to be a lot of hassle. Very disappointed that it isnt something that can be changed in game and reckon I will stick playing previous versions of the game

Much appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, baggermunro said:

A quick read of the first couple of pages and it seems to be a lot of hassle.

I had the same first reaction. as a result, 5-6 years passed before I started doing something. if you start now, in 3-4 years you will be able to play on your own almost perfect skin. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2023 at 12:44, GJS93 said:

preseason game using no squad numbers, so its 1-11 but my right winger is wearing 10 and my second striker is wearing 7 but i want them the other way round. have moved to different positions then to actual positions, have tried swapping directly but cant get it right?

still cannot get this to change, any ideas?

1 hour ago, GJS93 said:

still cannot get this to change, any ideas?

Can you move the right winger position into a position slot you're not using, then move the striker position to right wing then the right winger into the striker position?

Does it really matter that much? I assume they'll all have shirt numbers for when the season starts  

43 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Can you move the right winger position into a position slot you're not using, then move the striker position to right wing then the right winger into the striker position?

Does it really matter that much? I assume they'll all have shirt numbers for when the season starts  

yep, moved them like that....and the numbers dont change lol.

its squad numbers for the competitive games, its more for looking at the reserve/u18 fixtures to see who is playing where and not having to go in to the actual match report.

Do you guys know how do I make it so that my assistant manager suggests training schedules and they pop in my inbox? This is something that happened pretty much at all my saves in decent teams, now managing Wrexham from the VNL and already in the Championship and it doesn't happen. Maybe because when I started I did not have sufficient staff?

How can I import real results txt filies in the advanced section?

Or do I need to import them before changing to advanced?

Woul be a shame, as I've already got lots of changes in the advanced section.

4 hours ago, Moondog777 said:

How can I import real results txt filies in the advanced section?

Or do I need to import them before changing to advanced?

Woul be a shame, as I've already got lots of changes in the advanced section.

Pre-Game Editor and start new save. 

On 14/05/2023 at 11:12, jcpclr said:

Do you guys know how do I make it so that my assistant manager suggests training schedules and they pop in my inbox? This is something that happened pretty much at all my saves in decent teams, now managing Wrexham from the VNL and already in the Championship and it doesn't happen. Maybe because when I started I did not have sufficient staff?

go to the staff responsibility page and tick the box to enable training emails 

trainingemails.png.cf41039d63de93abccff3f77766c04e3.png

Hi, how can I make sure that whichever scout and analyst are responsible for analyzing the upcoming opponent do so continuously without having to always reset this after a certain amount of time?

11 minutes ago, Conardo said:

Hi, how can I make sure that whichever scout and analyst are responsible for analyzing the upcoming opponent do so continuously without having to always reset this after a certain amount of time?

Staff - Responsibilities -> Scouting

From there you can set who does what.

image.png.2b18cf20b4fdbe6f0e889bc7b9f79eaf.png

vor 3 Minuten schrieb XaW:

Staff - Responsibilities -> Scouting

From there you can set who does what.

image.png.2b18cf20b4fdbe6f0e889bc7b9f79eaf.png

If I just post it here, it won't work. I also have to set it via the scouting page....

6 minutes ago, Conardo said:

If I just post it here, it won't work. I also have to set it via the scouting page....

I've never done it from the scouting page, and I've not had any issues with it.

Here is the guy I set in the last screenshot giving the report:

image.thumb.png.120fb99c884886f43f8e67d62b52e25f.png

Edit: And here is the performance report from the other guy I set:

image.thumb.png.18dc28c785457d560c4f4987437a5138.png

vor 6 Minuten schrieb XaW:

I've never done it from the scouting page, and I've not had any issues with it.

Here is the guy I set in the last screenshot giving the report:

image.thumb.png.120fb99c884886f43f8e67d62b52e25f.png

You dont use the scouting page?

image.png.aed5f5a4628036704bd093c3ae190269.png

Im talking about this:

image.png.81dd73659f1580cfdb313e75306fd780.png

I always get the analysis report, but not the scout report, that is the problem.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Edited by Conardo

2 minutes ago, Conardo said:

You dont use the scouting page?

image.png.aed5f5a4628036704bd093c3ae190269.png

Nope, both of those are just set to "scouting/analyst pool".

image.png.4257faabb7d40a74fd808735b233b8ff.png

4 hours ago, Conardo said:

And you get both -scouting report and anlysist report - or you talking about the analysist report only?

Both.

pSoPmcy.png

nJaaPFa.png

Basically I want to make a league in England using the Fm pre-editor but I’m having problems with actually being able to play it and also players appearing on the teams.

I also wanna be separate or completely get rid of England anyway anyone can help?

1 hour ago, Joe P said:

Basically I want to make a league in England using the Fm pre-editor but I’m having problems with actually being able to play it and also players appearing on the teams.

I also wanna be separate or completely get rid of England anyway anyone can help?

Ask in here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/26-editors-hideaway/

But you need to provide more details when you post there to get help.

1 minute ago, Joe P said:

Oh ok sorry and specific channel in there just general

Just create a thread in there an explain what you have done, what you want to do, and how you struggle with it. And then someone will likely help out, and possibly ask for more details if they need it to help.

Also, you can read the other threads in there and perhaps some will have some things that can help too.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Just create a thread in there an explain what you have done, what you want to do, and how you struggle with it. And then someone will likely help out, and possibly ask for more details if they need it to help.

Thank you very much

Where can I find club legends, icons, and favourite personnel besides the club info tab? I'm using a skin where club info lacks it and I still would like to have access to it somewhere :(

Edited by gggfunk