*Official* Football Manager Mobile 2022 Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2022 is Out Now!

For those of you new to the forums, this is the thread to raise your feedback, thoughts and have some general game discussion about the latest FMM. Remember even if we don't reply to every post (and I can assure you we won't be able to) we are reading and we are listening.

What this thread isn't for is Bugs, so if you happen to encounter any, we'd very much appreciate you raising it in our brand new shiny Bug Tracker. Also please take the time to read our Bug Tracker FAQ to get an idea on how and why it's different.

If you have any technical issues or crashes check out our Technical FAQ - more often than not that's where you'll find your answer. You can also log a ticket directly with our ticketed support team

Now for the ground rules. Read these and play nice!

• Constructive feedback is helpful. Constructive doesn't necessarily mean positive, but at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to always agree but read other's posts and respect their position.

Now the wait is over - please go and enjoy this amazing game and get stuck into your saves!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to the mobile team and I hope FMM 22 will be a success. I will hopefully purchase the game tomorrow here in the UK. I struggled big time with last year's game and deleted it many times lol, here's hoping the same won't happen. I'll stick with it this time round. I'm a bit bored of Soccer Manager 22 lol so FMM 22 could not have came out at a better time. Thanks to the team and best of luck again with the release. 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

Best of luck to the mobile team and I hope FMM 22 will be a success. I will hopefully purchase the game tomorrow here in the UK. I struggled big time with last year's game and deleted it many times lol, here's hoping the same won't happen. I'll stick with it this time round. I'm a bit bored of Soccer Manager 22 lol so FMM 22 could not have came out at a better time. Thanks to the team and best of luck again with the release. 

Let me know how you get on with it - as you're probably aware I'm always interested in hearing from people who play the game (and weirdly especially people who might be struggling with it - as that helps me learn how we might improve the experience for them).

Just had a quick question guys, in the settings there's an option inside starting configuration I believe or one of the settings.

It's called extended squad movement but I was wondering what does that actually do to your save?

Thanks

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, HM786 said:

It's called extended squad movement but I was wondering what does that actually do to your save?

Basically when you move someone to reserves by default (ie. extended squad movement on) it gives you to the option to move them for the next match only and various other choices. So moving someone to reserves takes an extra click as you choose the option after the menu appears.

Without the 'extended' option enabled the 'move to reserves' just does what it says on the tin and moves the player to the reserves (which is what I prefer myself tbh).

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

early thoughts. Very pink, and no McAtee in City's reserves? Seriously?

Very Pink - it is somewhat as that is part of the FM branding this year, but you'll be surprised at how normal it seems after a while.

With regards to City - there are 80 slots for players available per club in FMM and some of the largest clubs in the world have exceptionally large and talented squads, so it is possible that in those cases some of the less established young players might not be active we prioritise these according to research and how active they are presently.

At some point in the future we might be able to up the squad sizes further - but this in turn may make the user interface less flexible/usable so it is an ongoing balancing act.

• SI Staff
47 minutes ago, Valandis said:

Why I can't find the Fm 2022 Touch to the Play Store ?

I only find Fm 2021 Touch.

FM22 Touch isn't coming to Android - this was indicated a while back, sorry if this disappoints you.

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Very Pink - it is somewhat as that is part of the FM branding this year, but you'll be surprised at how normal it seems after a while.

With regards to City - there are 80 slots for players available per club in FMM and some of the largest clubs in the world have exceptionally large and talented squads, so it is possible that in those cases some of the less established young players might not be active we prioritise these according to research and how active they are presently.

At some point in the future we might be able to up the squad sizes further - but this in turn may make the user interface less flexible/usable so it is an ongoing balancing act.

I know the slots issue, but McAtee is the 3rd biggest young talent at the club after Palmer and Foden, just saying!

Not sure this is the right place so please forgive me if wrong. I'm playing on my S20FE and seem to be having an issue where after the initial loading screen my screen size reduces to about 1/4 of the screen.

I haven't changed anything in settings as far as I'm aware but I've had a look round and can't see anything obvious but should I be changing something to make the app display full screen?

Screenshot_20211109-092016_FM22 Mobile.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

is there any difference in performance between IOS and Android versions? I have a tablet of each and wondered which one to buy?

I always buy it on Android because i have an Android phone, but when looking at in-game footage (Youtube) it seems the iOS version plays a bit smoother. My phone is not the top notch high end Android but it's no slouch either. I guess iOS is just better suited to run apps like these. 

If I were you (two tablets, doesn't matter which one to use) I'd go for the iOS game.

36 minutes ago, STKL85 said:

Not sure this is the right place so please forgive me if wrong. I'm playing on my S20FE and seem to be having an issue where after the initial loading screen my screen size reduces to about 1/4 of the screen.

I haven't changed anything in settings as far as I'm aware but I've had a look round and can't see anything obvious but should I be changing something to make the app display full screen?

Screenshot_20211109-092016_FM22 Mobile.jpg

There's a 'Stretch Display' option in Settings > User Interface. Try turning that on and see if it helps. 

10 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Let me know how you get on with it - as you're probably aware I'm always interested in hearing from people who play the game (and weirdly especially people who might be struggling with it - as that helps me learn how we might improve the experience for them).

I will certainly do that Marc. I just found it a bit strange why I struggled on FMM 21 when I almost won the league with Bath in my first season on FMM 19. I'm not one who wants an easy game so I appreciate the challenge. Many thanks and I hope the game will be a success. 

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia

42 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

There's a 'Stretch Display' option in Settings > User Interface. Try turning that on and see if it helps. 

Excellent, thank you. Much better sized but the quality seems a bit low and if feels a bit over stretched horizontally. Saw this in the bugs section though so will keep an eye on that and hopefully see a solution.

Thanks for the help 

Yeah, tried with and without it to be sure.

I wonder if it's something in my general phone settings. The stretched version will do for now. As others have experienced the same I'm hoping something I'd identified that sorts it

@STKL85 - the bug report was probably mine: 

I have a S20+, so different phone from you, but for me at least, I can get the correct display by going into the FMM Settings and choosing User Interface -> Reload Skin (way down the bottom) and then restarting the device. You'll need to do it again if the app fully closes (which is super annoying), but if you're going to play for a while, might be better than playing stretched.

16 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

@STKL85 - the bug report was probably mine: 

I have a S20+, so different phone from you, but for me at least, I can get the correct display by going into the FMM Settings and choosing User Interface -> Reload Skin (way down the bottom) and then restarting the device. You'll need to do it again if the app fully closes (which is super annoying), but if you're going to play for a while, might be better than playing stretched.

I'll give that a try, thank you

Hi, I love this game and the New features. I have seen 1 display bug and I have 1 question. 

When there are additional Time, it’s tight and it sticks out. 

my question is: What is « SBI » and « %MJ » in the medical center ? 

thanks for your hard work !

F56399A9-7BA2-4698-A51F-D72CAA9FAA89.png

D0543390-2748-47E6-AC39-8BDF9254C26F.jpeg

Goal replays are a bit "off" when the match is nearly finished. I've seen this a few times now (late goals are just as annoying this year ...)

Example: my opponent scored at 90+1. This didn't trigger a replay, but they completed another attack a minute later (shot wide), and this triggered the replay of both the goal and the missed chance afterwards. The game then picked up at 90+4 or whatever and played normally until the end. 

22 minutes ago, titi77400 said:

Hi, I love this game and the New features. I have seen 1 display bug and I have 1 question. 

When there are additional Time, it’s tight and it sticks out. 

my question is: What is « SBI » and « %MJ » in the medical center ? 

thanks for your hard work !

F56399A9-7BA2-4698-A51F-D72CAA9FAA89.png

D0543390-2748-47E6-AC39-8BDF9254C26F.jpeg

SBI is injury proneness and %MJ is the percentage of the matches they were elligible for that they have played in.

hace 5 horas, Hildor dijo:

Having a though time figuring out those greens, lighter greens and yellows in positions, specially in players like this with a lot of positions. Last year was easier to see the colours. 

Screenshot_2021-11-09-09-51-39-234_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

im colorblind and yes, is almost impossible to notice the difference but with the colorblind mode is even worse for me (i guess it has to be with the types of, dont know a lot about this) and last year was a lot easier to see the difference, so a little tweak to make the yellow and green a bit less similar would be great

Edited by MatiasDFS

59 minutos atrás, MatiasDFS disse:

im colorblind and yes, is almost impossible to notice the difference but with the colorblind mode is even worse for me (i guess it has to be with the types of, dont know a lot about this) and last year was a lot easier to see the difference, so a little tweak to make the yellow and green a bit less similar would be great

Also less brightness would be better, I don't know if its the pink but it's like it glows in the night even with low brightness 😁

So I play with hidden attributes, I'm sending my scouts on tasks and they come back with player with still hidden attributes, is this intended? If they are suggesting players they watched, would make sense to already have attributes visible 

I'm playing on my galaxy s20+ , game loads fine from fresh download played for a few hours closed the game down and since I closed it now I csnt open the game again, I've unisntalled and redownloaded it about a dozen times and the exact same issue happens I get this screen. Am I the only one?

Screenshot_20211109-183740_FM22 Mobile.jpg

All good so far.  Not come across any bugs but others have spotted them anyway. I thought that the pink and purple colour scheme might raise a few eyebrows! :)

I like the fact that I can play five leagues with all divisions and competitions. I’ve no speed issues on my 3 year old iPad Pro. That means that the new base iPads, only £319, which have a faster processor, should run the game really well. Recommend that those wanting a career mainly in England load up Scotland as well as it adds a lot of extra British players.

I’d like to see the default speed for matches and replays to be normal match speed rather than quick speed. I have to fiddle around trying to get it right. Could there be some sort of marker on the speed bar? On Touch it was set to normal speed probably because of the 3D match engine.

I like that when you start with a club there’s a few scouted players waiting there for you. I’d like the scouts to keep doing that rather than wait for me to assign them.

That’s it for now. Looking to see if AI run top clubs can keep a strong team together down the years.

Goid game!

Looking good but the pink is a right eyesore. Just imagine if it was replaced with the colours of your club instead, would look fantastic. Is it possible to make skins for the mobile version?

Edited by PAFC_Dugout

• SI Staff

Hi all, 

Thanks for the feedback so far. Could I please remind people posting bugs or potential bugs to use the bugs tracker rather than this thread/GD forum.

For users experiencing scaling issues on Android, particularly S20 Plus and S21 Ultra, feel free to try a fix we are testing via open beta - use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sega.soccer.manager.

Please note this build is not tested fully and we cannot guarantee stability, but we would like to have eyes on this particular fix from affected users to ensure that it has indeed fixed the issue.

Really liking it so far, only thing thats kinda annoying for me are the dot colors of the prefered position of the players. The greens to yellows need to have more distinguishable color difference. Its really hard at times making out what positions are naturla or to the player or just good.

hace 59 minutos, Gosh dijo:

Really liking it so far, only thing thats kinda annoying for me are the dot colors of the prefered position of the players. The greens to yellows need to have more distinguishable color difference. Its really hard at times making out what positions are naturla or to the player or just good.

your profile pic describes perfectly how i get when im trying to distinguish it :lol:

8 hours ago, Parallax said:

I'm playing on my galaxy s20+ , game loads fine from fresh download played for a few hours closed the game down and since I closed it now I csnt open the game again, I've unisntalled and redownloaded it about a dozen times and the exact same issue happens I get this screen. Am I the only one?

Screenshot_20211109-183740_FM22 Mobile.jpg

I got that screen on an S20+ when I changed from FHD+ to HD+ in the Android screen resolution setting. So it's the same thing as mentioned in this bug issue and hopefully fixed in the beta version Alari linked to above. 

On 09/11/2021 at 15:52, MatiasDFS said:

I find the same and I'm not colour blind. 

copy from the main game as incorrectly posted there:

Playing the mobile version and the position colours are much to similar for the small screen size, the 21 and 20 colours where much better. 

The main issue is the Natural to Accomplished and then Competent to Unconvincing

Could you maybe change it a little

Natural - Green

Accomplished - Blue

Competent - Yellow

Unconvincing - Orange

Awkward - Red

It kind of follows the same logic as the colours of attributes then, with 15+ green, 10-15 Blue, 5-9 Yellow and 1-4 Red. 

IMG_1177.PNG

Edited by A J

• SI Staff
49 minutes ago, A J said:

Playing the mobile version and the position colours are much to similar for the small screen size, the 21 and 20 colours where much better. 

Just to clarify something - one of the reasons the colours are fairly similar for the greens is to emphasize that the player IS definitely competent in that role and that while there is a minor difference in how naturally it is his position, he can still very much play there.

One of the fears with such things is that people simply go 'no I can't play him there he isn't natural there' ... whereas in real-life while many players have a preference and are more natural in a role they are pretty near equally competent in other roles, for instance Solly March can basically play pretty much anywhere on the pitch apart from as a striker or goalkeeper ... his preferred has been as a winger/wingback, but in all honesty these days I think he's equally good as an Attacking Midfielder Left (especially if you press from the front, his experience defending really helps imho)  ... but in FMM terms he's not natural across the board.

hace 21 minutos, Marc Vaughan dijo:

Just to clarify something - one of the reasons the colours are fairly similar for the greens is to emphasize that the player IS definitely competent in that role and that while there is a minor difference in how naturally it is his position, he can still very much play there.

One of the fears with such things is that people simply go 'no I can't play him there he isn't natural there' ... whereas in real-life while many players have a preference and are more natural in a role they are pretty near equally competent in other roles, for instance Solly March can basically play pretty much anywhere on the pitch apart from as a striker or goalkeeper ... his preferred has been as a winger/wingback, but in all honesty these days I think he's equally good as an Attacking Midfielder Left (especially if you press from the front, his experience defending really helps imho)  ... but in FMM terms he's not natural across the board.

i can understand this... but for some users like me this isnt a problem, i played my players a lot in dark green and even yellow last versions with great results, i dont want it to go straight from green to another color or even the dark green from previous games, i just really could use a little tweak so the green light green and yellow can still be similar but distinguishable between each other.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb MatiasDFS:

i can understand this... but for some users like me this isnt a problem, i played my players a lot in dark green and even yellow last versions with great results, i dont want it to go straight from green to another color or even the dark green from previous games, i just really could use a little tweak so the green light green and yellow can still be similar but distinguishable between each other.

Agreed, I regulary train my players to play on different positions. It just feels really akward glancing over this and not be able to figure out what I'm looking at in an instant.

Edited by Gosh

46 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That’s a nice explanation but I don’t agree with the logic being the same as what the user does. 

I really do appreciate the VAR changes in the match engine when a free kick/penalty decision is made as it's no longer predictable.

However there's still an issue where you can still tell when there's a goal that will be disallowed unfortunately that's quite frustrating, I was wondering can this issue be fixed as the scoreline and players immediately change before a VAR decision is made?