*Official* Football Manager Mobile 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, MartinDave. said:

Hello, I'm not sure on the right place to put this but I'm not getting the TV rights money or prize money for any competitions on my saves with Sunderland and Leicester. Anyone else have this issue?

These are built into the transfer budget you recieve - if you do well and the club has the money then they'll generally give bigger budgets etc. ... macro-managing the finances of the club and seeing all the incoming/outcoming cash isn't something the manager does imho.

12 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

These are built into the transfer budget you recieve - if you do well and the club has the money then they'll generally give bigger budgets etc. ... macro-managing the finances of the club and seeing all the incoming/outcoming cash isn't something the manager does imho.

Thanks for your response. When I was managing Sunderland, it seemed that the transfer budgets didn't increase at all from season to season. For example, I would end the 2022/2023 season with a £20million transfer budget remaining and my budget for the 2023/2024 season would still be £20million. I thought something was amiss somewhere.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, MartinDave. said:

Thanks for your response. When I was managing Sunderland, it seemed that the transfer budgets didn't increase at all from season to season. For example, I would end the 2022/2023 season with a £20million transfer budget remaining and my budget for the 2023/2024 season would still be £20million. I thought something was amiss somewhere.

When the budgets are 'renewed' there is an email/news item which informs you of the new budget and allows you to haggle a little by upping/downing the expectations ... this doesn't occur 'right' at the season renewal date (perhaps that could change?).

On 18/01/2022 at 23:47, Marc Vaughan said:

Any chance you can articulate where they are going astray in that regard? (I'll be trying to analyse and improve this myself - but I'm open to pointers and help).

I think for me teams just don't strengthen, 4 seasons in on my Liverpool save and most teams have pretty much the same 11 as they started with. That's not a major issue itself, but I'm buying all the wonder kids without any resistance and they show no signs of developing talent and bringing them through, so teams average ages seem quite high (pretty much 4 years older than they started with) 

It just feels like they don't develop players very well in comparison to my teams. Again, I know I have loads of wonder kids, but I'm signing regens who instantly become wonder kids, whereas the likes of city, United etc are showing no signs of bringing anyone through or signing top players to replace ageing stars 

• SI Staff
22 minutes ago, plliverpool said:

Can anyone explain this? This keeper improves his stats when relegated to the B team. 

Obviously they play at a lower level. Are stats relative to the level players are playing at? 

That is really odd - only thing I can think of is that he's not mentally 'ready' to play in the first team and struggles with that ... what is his personality/professionalism and coach report if you don't mind messaging them to me, I'll take a look into it further.

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That is really odd - only thing I can think of is that he's not mentally 'ready' to play in the first team and struggles with that ... what is his personality/professionalism and coach report if you don't mind messaging them to me, I'll take a look into it further.

@Marc Vaughan - This is the long standing issue that has been discussed before, where you buy a player and his stats drop a little.

You gave an explanation at one point - I think it was they needed time to settle into your club etc. But it only ever happens for your first team. Sell them, demote them to a B team, etc and they will appear with the higher attributes. Add them to your team and their attributes drop. Been like this for years. I don't think it happens for Reserves, only B teams, but not 100% sure on that.

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

@Marc Vaughan - This is the long standing issue that has been discussed before, where you buy a player and his stats drop a little.

You gave an explanation at one point - I think it was they needed time to settle into your club etc. But it only ever happens for your first team. Sell them, demote them to a B team, etc and they will appear with the higher attributes. Add them to your team and their attributes drop. Been like this for years. I don't think it happens for Reserves, only B teams, but not 100% sure on that.

hmmm interesting - I'll try and recreate locally, that sounds well unintentional ..

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

hmmm interesting - I'll try and recreate locally, that sounds well unintentional ..

Sorry Marc, I can't seem to replicate that in FMM22. Some players lose a little attribute-wise when you buy them, just as they did in FMM21, but moving them to the Reserves or the B team doesn't seem to restore them. That was definitely happening last year, but I can't make it happen this year. I'll keep my eye out for it, but it looks like I was wrong and maybe something else is going on with that keeper.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

Sorry Marc, I can't seem to replicate that in FMM22. Some players lose a little attribute-wise when you buy them, just as they did in FMM21, but moving them to the Reserves or the B team doesn't seem to restore them. That was definitely happening last year, but I can't make it happen this year. I'll keep my eye out for it, but it looks like I was wrong and maybe something else is going on with that keeper.

Cool - that's a relief, hopefully we'll get a save or figure out whats going on soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd pop in to say, well done on the game. I probably stopped playing full fat FM about 10 years ago. Purely because my laptop and life commitments couldn't keep up. I'd been playing CM 01/02 to fill the void. 

I was sceptical about playing FM on a mobile device, wrongly believing it would have no depth. I picked up FMM21 on play pass and I was hooked. Downloaded FMM22, yet to start a career until update,  but been enjoying the challenges to familiarise. 

Appreciate their are a few little bugs been reported (as in all games since time began) , but overall its a great playing experience and has replaced my sojourns to the old laptop for CM01/02. I find it can happily get lost in my own little management world , which is what i want. I can blast a few matches while cooking tea buy alternatively can spend a few hours studying my side and playing slowly, so I think the balance is probably right .

Thanks for the work.  

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, Navelgazer said:

Thought I'd pop in to say, well done on the game. I probably stopped playing full fat FM about 10 years ago. Purely because my laptop and life commitments couldn't keep up. I'd been playing CM 01/02 to fill the void. 

Thanks for the kind words and please report any bugs/issues and we'll try and tidy them up :D

(might interest you to know I designed the game to play at a 'speed and complexity' similar to CM01/02 :))

On 23/02/2022 at 11:12, Marc Vaughan said:

(might interest you to know I designed the game to play at a 'speed and complexity' similar to CM01/02 :))

And that's definitely been successful Marc - literally how I describe the game to potential players!

Hi @Marc Vaughan - I'm wondering if you can share a little more about this one: "Fixed aerial/heading ability attribute not having the same value in Player Profile page as in In-Game Editor".

It seems the game changed to match the editor, rather than the editor changing to match the game. As a result, the way the game calculates/displays Aerial has changed after years of being the same.

After applying the update, I noticed a lot of my players had lost 1 point of Aerial. When I looked, I found that the actual values in the save game for Jumping and Heading hadn't changed, it was just the way the game combined those values to come up with Aerial that had changed.

For example I had a player with Jumping of 19 and Heading of 19, which gave him 20 for Aerial in previous versions. After the Winter update, his value for Aerial changed to 19, even though the values for Jumping and Heading haven't changed. That does seem more logical, but leads me to some very important questions:

Is Aerial actually used by the match engine to work out what happens during a game? Or does it use Jumping and Heading directly? Will my player will be slightly less effective in the air now that he only has Aerial of 19?  

Hope you can shed some light on this! Thanks. 

Edit: another question: Can players actually get to 20 Aerial anymore? The values for Jumping and Heading that could have got them to 20 in previous versions won't be enough anymore.

Edited by StephenCronin

• SI Staff
29 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

Edit: another question: Can players actually get to 20 Aerial anymore? The values for Jumping and Heading that could have got them to 20 in previous versions won't be enough anymore.

Players should definitely get '20' aerial - I'll double check this (I didn't do that change myself) ... with regards to how it behaves the game uses the full range of attributes but combines some for display purposes because of screen size ... thus 'aerial ability' is accurate as shown on screen BUT is actually two variables beneath the hood (it's actually slightly differently calculated for keepers btw).

The same is true in a few other attributes - ie. pace is 'pace and acceleration' if I remember right (I don't have the code to hand at present as I've just been out for a run and am settling down to watch the Premiership - it's 7am here).

19 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Players should definitely get '20' aerial - I'll double check this (I didn't do that change myself) ... with regards to how it behaves the game uses the full range of attributes but combines some for display purposes because of screen size ... thus 'aerial ability' is accurate as shown on screen BUT is actually two variables beneath the hood (it's actually slightly differently calculated for keepers btw).

The same is true in a few other attributes - ie. pace is 'pace and acceleration' if I remember right (I don't have the code to hand at present as I've just been out for a run and am settling down to watch the Premiership - it's 7am here).

Thanks Marc, much appreciated.

If the match engine uses Jumping and Heading directly (my names, not sure what you call them) and Aerial is only for display, then it shouldn't change matches at all. 🤞

As for whether players can reach 20 Aerial anymore, I checked the last few players that I managed to get there and all had 19 for Jumping and 19 for Heading. That used to combine to 20 Aerial, but is now only 19 Aerial. Maybe it's possible to get more than 19 for either Jumping or Heading and 20 Aerial will still be possible, but wouldn't have happened with the last 3 players I got to 20 (before Winter update).

Edit: But all this can wait until later. Enjoy the football 🙂

Edited by StephenCronin

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what it is with the game this year because I had the same problem on FMM21 but not to this extend… 

I’m in my second season at Barca and can barely get a win. It’s like the match engine is broken, every game I play my team has about 12+ shots with about 7+ On goal but struggle to score a single goal and I’m tired of the “boring draw” thrown at my face after every single game. 
And to make it worse, sometimes the opposite Team has like 3 shots on goal yet manage to score like 2 goals out of it or they have no shots on goal at all (here comes the boring draw complaint again). All that results in a League table that just looks weird. For example, in my first season Real won the league having drawn 3 total games which is cool and all, Atl. Madrid came in 2, again 3 draws in the league in total, 3rd place was me with Barca, with 14 draws….can’t make this stuff up. 
And I know Barca aren’t at the top of the footballing world anymore but this has happened to me every save I had on FMM22 with any team I tried so far and it’s just annoying at this point. And don’t even get me started on the Total goals scored (again, the goalless draw complain) Real with 93 goals in the league, Atlético with 81 and little old Barca in 3rd place with 59???? And yes, I have tried every possible tactic and formation and it didn’t help. I really don’t know what it is with the game engine but it’s just weird this year. Oh and by the way, the VAR only seems to take away goals from your team, not a single offside goal scored against me that was taken away which I would be totally fine with if it didn’t happen every other game… it just gives off the ****** broken scripted the CPU has to win vibe that Fifa has given off for years now in their Manager Mode and I think I speak for everybody when I say that I know that this game, even on mobile is or in this case should be miles ahead of the literal sh*t EA have given us year after year at this point. Unfortunately besides the VAR thing I haven’t found too much about this problem on the internet since it’s a quite small community but I hope that maybe one of the admins will read this and has a look into it. 
Other than that I can only say I loved this game ever since I first played the 21 version which I have spend countless hours on and I’d like to enjoy this years version as much as I did the older version. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2022 at 11:12, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the kind words and please report any bugs/issues and we'll try and tidy them up :D

I can definitely tell. I frequently play commentary only and it definitely still has the same vibe. Its a really good balance , amazing how it fits on a device in my pocket ! 

I do have a query, is there a reason why you can't change set pieces during a game ? I'm totally blaming my sacking on my teenage sub missing that 80th minute penalty 🤣

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Navelgazer said:

I can definitely tell. I frequently play commentary only and it definitely still has the same vibe. Its a really good balance , amazing how it fits on a device in my pocket ! 

I do have a query, is there a reason why you can't change set pieces during a game ? I'm totally blaming my sacking on my teenage sub missing that 80th minute penalty 🤣

In all honesty down to two factors:

(1) because once the match has started it's largely down to the players, you can tell them what to do in training ... but on the pitch in the heat of the battle they can only really rely on broad brushstrokes and setting up a brand new set-piece isn't really feasible (this is my rationale for it within my own head).

(2) A technical issue to do with how the match is created (basically how we have compressed things so that they fit in memory on earlier mobile devices).

10 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In all honesty down to two factors:

(1) because once the match has started it's largely down to the players, you can tell them what to do in training ... but on the pitch in the heat of the battle they can only really rely on broad brushstrokes and setting up a brand new set-piece isn't really feasible (this is my rationale for it within my own head).

(2) A technical issue to do with how the match is created (basically how we have compressed things so that they fit in memory on earlier mobile devices).

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense and I think your right, you don't see corner routines change mid game.  I probably should have paid more attention to my pre match list of penalty takers anyway! 

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

When will the last update for FMM22 be ready? Noticed the updates post last night but mentions mobile to come out later?

For mobile it's not really feasible to post an exact 'date/time' for a release because there are third-parties involved who have to accept the submissions we create. As such the best I can indicate is 'hopefully in the very near future' ...

With the latest version (13.3.0), many users on Vibe, Discord and a couple of tickets here too (eg1 and eg2) are reporting that their save files are lost.

It turns out the game has changed the folder it looks at from the one in the Documents folder to "Android/data/com.sega.soccer.manager/files/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 Mobile/normal/games".

I'm just wondering if this was intentional or whether it is a bug. Using the Android/Data folder means that many users won't be able to access their save files (or shortlists, selections, etc), unless they install one of the few third party file explorers that can see inside that folder. It will also prevent people from using some of the sync apps (ie to backup your save files to dropbox or something). It seems a somewhat backward step.

To be clear, I'm not asking for help (luckily it doesn't affect me), I'm just asking for clarity on whether this is an intentional move and if so, why it was necessary.

Any insights on this @Marc Vaughan? (sorry for the ping, but seems like you're the person who will be best able to answer this).

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

With the latest version (13.3.0), many users on Vibe, Discord and a couple of tickets here too (eg1 and eg2) are reporting that their save files are lost.

It turns out the game has changed the folder it looks at from the one in the Documents folder to "Android/data/com.sega.soccer.manager/files/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 Mobile/normal/games".

I'm just wondering if this was intentional or whether it is a bug. Using the Android/Data folder means that many users won't be able to access their save files (or shortlists, selections, etc), unless they install one of the few third party file explorers that can see inside that folder. It will also prevent people from using some of the sync apps (ie to backup your save files to dropbox or something). It seems a somewhat backward step.

To be clear, I'm not asking for help (luckily it doesn't affect me), I'm just asking for clarity on whether this is an intentional move and if so, why it was necessary.

Any insights on this @Marc Vaughan? (sorry for the ping, but seems like you're the person who will be best able to answer this).

Hi - we've been looking into this and will release a hotfix to rectify the issue asap - it only affects some users and it appears  to be OS specific and the good news is that the files haven't been lost, just that the device is looking in the wrong area for some reason. Apologies for any inconvenience, we'll get the update out asap.

hace 6 horas, Marc Vaughan dijo:

Hi - we've been looking into this and will release a hotfix to rectify the issue asap - it only affects some users and it appears  to be OS specific and the good news is that the files haven't been lost, just that the device is looking in the wrong area for some reason. Apologies for any inconvenience, we'll get the update out asap.

any chance now to think of a delete option for saves, tactics, selections, etc? for users like me who have old phones having 4-5 hidden or temp files 70mb each can be an issue, and doing it manually now the files dont have an easy access its a problem.

Edited by MatiasDFS

You said 'AI clubs will now be more intelligent in the market'. But I think it looks like the AI has been downgraded. Would you pay that amount of money for a player with low potential, mediocre form and not even playing often?

953460511_Screenshot_20220402-213229_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.1189cb961837b65ef335acdcfaed4d74.jpg

1431185667_Screenshot_20220402-221212_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.077c6c6ff73421f733dd4bbcbc11fb18.jpg

Screenshot_20220402-221531_FM22 Mobile.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 02/04/2022 at 11:37, LeeX said:

You said 'AI clubs will now be more intelligent in the market'. But I think it looks like the AI has been downgraded. Would you pay that amount of money for a player with low potential, mediocre form and not even playing often?

Please by all means forward me the save game with pointers as to whom to look at (as I won't have this thread to hand) and I'll analyse why these decisions were made, often its because a manager rates a player rightly or wrongly .. AI managers are NOT meant to be wholly infallible and also sometimes they're making judgement calls which might later be seen as 'right' or 'wrong' depending on how they work out.

Case in point for example from the real-world ... Paul Pogba being allowed to go out of contract and leave Man Utd then having them resign for a small fortune would be seen as 'weak transfer AI' but happened in real-life under very good managers, similarly closer to my heart Brighton's have made near record (or record) signings of quite a few players who haven't worked out for them Alizera Jahanbakhsh and Jurgen Locadia spring to mind.

Similar to the 'flops being signed' you mention in your game imho is West Ham taking Jessee Lingard on loan last season, Moyes thought he could get more out of the player and did ... he's since returned to Man Utd and obscurity after having been immense while on loan.

PS - With Fofana, it wouldn't be the first time Man Utd have paid out a fortune for a Leicester player who (cough) might not have turned out to be value for money ... let me know if they also made him captain ;)

PPS - One of the complicated things about making Football Manager is that it isn't about making the 'perfect AI' - I could far more easily do that than what we're trying to do, which is make the game a realistic simulation of real-world football. This is actually important from a gameplay perspective not just because its more compelling/interesting/fun but also because it prevents people cheating by just going 'oh Liverpool are interested in him, he must be potentially great' ... if Liverpool are chasing a kid then yeah he may well be a star in the making, but he also might be something who has shown a flash of potential that will never be fulfilled ... it's up to you as a manger to make the call and decision same as the other (AI) managers in the game are ...

hace 4 horas, Marc Vaughan dijo:

PS - With Fofana, it wouldn't be the first time Man Utd have paid out a fortune for a Leicester player who (cough) might not have turned out to be value for money ... let me know if they also made him captain ;)

1649706612591.jpg

Edited by MatiasDFS

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, passenger58 said:

On this note, I'm currently playing a game that has reached March 2024. Man City have only one goalkeeper across both squads. How has the AI allowed that to happen? 

Please send me your save game and I can take a look - it 'can' happen fairly easily (in the off-season especially) if more than one keeper leaves, that being said it should be a very rare occurrence unless they're not in an active nation (in which case they won't be quite as active in the transfer market - but that is expected and balanced by them using 'grey players' to fill in any gaps).

On 12/04/2022 at 13:21, Marc Vaughan said:

Please send me your save game and I can take a look - it 'can' happen fairly easily (in the off-season especially) if more than one keeper leaves, that being said it should be a very rare occurrence unless they're not in an active nation (in which case they won't be quite as active in the transfer market - but that is expected and balanced by them using 'grey players' to fill in any gaps).

Sorry, I'm in August 2024 now and they've bought 2 GK's in the summer. So the AI seemingly corrected the situation, which is good.

I can share my current game but I'm guessing you can't investigate retrospectively?

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

Sorry, I'm in August 2024 now and they've bought 2 GK's in the summer. So the AI seemingly corrected the situation, which is good.

I can share my current game but I'm guessing you can't investigate retrospectively?

Yeah sadly there is little I can do once the situation is past - the fact they've 'corrected' by signing players is a relief and shows it's at least somewhat sane ;)

(I expect what happened is either a couple of backups were deemed surplus to requirement and allowed to leave or another team swooped in with a lucrative offer for one of the players leaving them short for a period, they corrected - but it can take a while to get someone in, the AI does prioritise weak areas (esp. keepers) when they occur but obviously transfer window restrictions etc. make this sort of thing more complicated than it might be otherwise)

On 31/01/2022 at 13:29, Marc Vaughan said:

Hi Marc. @StephenCroninasked me to share this with you. 

I posted in our chat room about seeing this phenomena, managing Athletic Bilbao, where players attributes changed when you promoted them from B Team to A Team, then changed back when they went to the B Team again. Would you like to take a look at the save file?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

Hi Marc. @StephenCroninasked me to share this with you. 

I posted in our chat room about seeing this phenomena, managing Athletic Bilbao, where players attributes changed when you promoted them from B Team to A Team, then changed back when they went to the B Team again. Would you like to take a look at the save file?

Yes please, I'd like to get this fixed if its the case.

40 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes please, I'd like to get this fixed if its the case.

I just uploaded the file at 13:50 fm_save2.fms.

If this hasn't worked let me know how best to send it to you.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, ElliottMS said:

Thanks - I'll ask QA to check when they're back in tomorrow (England being far more religious than the US (wtf?) has Easter Monday off ... I don't).

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks - I'll ask QA to check when they're back in tomorrow (England being far more religious than the US (wtf?) has Easter Monday off ... I don't).

Americans sure love to work 350 days a year. Hope it helps you get to the bottom of it!

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

Americans sure love to work 350 days a year. Hope it helps you get to the bottom of it!

I'm not American - just got exported a while back and not found my way home yet ;)

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm not American - just got exported a while back and not found my way home yet ;)

Oh I know, I'm just aware of the work culture out there which sounds nuts to me! How can they find the time to play football manager when they're working all hours???

On 18/04/2022 at 13:51, ElliottMS said:

Hey Elliott. Could you please try and upload your file save again? It looks like something went wrong with the upload.

23 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Hey Elliott. Could you please try and upload your file save again? It looks like something went wrong with the upload.

Hi Desmond

I've just now tried it again via the SI Cloud Service, save file is the same. Hope it's worked this time.

If it hasn't worked again, can you let me know what's gone wrong, maybe can work out what's causing the issue

On 23/04/2022 at 09:52, ElliottMS said:

Hi Desmond

I've just now tried it again via the SI Cloud Service, save file is the same. Hope it's worked this time.

If it hasn't worked again, can you let me know what's gone wrong, maybe can work out what's causing the issue

I believe we've got it - thank you. I've passed it on to the dev team. I'll drop you a PM if we need anything additional. Thanks for all your help.

12 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

I believe we've got it - thank you. I've passed it on to the dev team. I'll drop you a PM if we need anything additional. Thanks for all your help.

No worries, hope it helps you get to the bottom of it

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Marc Vaughansorry to tag you directly, can you talk about how the database is extracted to the FMM compared to regular FM? Not looking for an ultra detailed answer or something, just trying to figure why some wonderkids are left out with no option to load them whatsoever. If it is too much disclose, I'll move to the main subject of the post. Will we ever be able to have a more powerful database in terms of extracted persons? I rather much more have more persons, than an overload of new leagues, since we're getting to a point where Mid-Range phones are getting powerful enough to handle heavy data could we expect that? I get it from what you post the approach on FMM is to be as straightforward as possible so I won't even bother you asking for options :D