*Official* Football Manager Mobile 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off for the Mobile team once again! You've done it yet again!

I only have one complaint. When looking at player's profile, it's very hard the see the difference in colours between Natural and Acomplished positions. Then, I have to click on the menu, select Positions menu in order tho see the difference and then click on the menu again and select Profile.

Very time consuming and frustrating, that I have to click the menu and select Positions every time in order to see the difference (even then it's not that easy to spot the difference in colours).

This wasn't the case in the past versions, so could you please tweak the colours a bit?

Thank you in advance!

P. S. I'm playing on iPhone 8.

3 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Milner to Everton from Liverpool for £5m on a 1 year contract...so much realism.

He went to Atalanta on my first save for £6.75m. I've seen some 'weird' transfers in both the mobile and PC game so far this edition.

Generally, my initial feedback on the game is positive. Weird transfers aside, Bonucci to Benfica, Marcus Edwards to Arsenal for £40m are just two examples, some might not find them weird, each to their own I suppose. I'm enjoying the game, seems stable enough and I haven't found anything game breaking during my first few hours. As always it's a fun little game to pick up and play in short bursts when I have a moment (or when I should be working!). Nice little time killer for 9 quid. I play in commentary only as I still feel like the player icons and the ball are too big for the pitch, it irritates me... but I'm happy with commentary only, takes me back to my CM 01/02 days. 

I agree with what others have said with regards to the colours that indicate the players ability to play certain positions not being easily distinguishable. That said, I feel like some people get too hung up on playing everyone in their 'natural' position. In my experience, if a player is 'accomplished', he's going to be absolutely fine playing there. Currently playing Dani Olmo as a CM and he's tearing it up, his natural position is AMC. 

I will report back again once I have completed a full season. 

Edited by superposh

I think the mobile team need to be applauded and praised. Five playable leagues was desperately needed, I have England, Italy, German, Spain and Portugal selected. Just started out with Eastbourne Borough lol, just arranged four pre season matches against amatuer teams from England, will probably win them and lose all the league matches like I did on last year's version lol. Love the layout of the game on my Samsung device. I have no issue with the pink colour like others. Just made a free transfer signing and may need an attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder. I did not choose a Tactical Style so instead chose clean slate and set up a 4-2-3-1 formation, after failing at the last mobile version I need to setup defensive lol, shame you can't buy buses in game lol, I'd buy five double decker buses and I would still lose lol. One slight issue although it might not be is that I started my career last night and the game took 3 minutes initialising, maybe due to the five playable leagues maybe. Will spend more time with it tonight before bed. Not come across any bugs or closing down or problems with the display so far, everything is spot on. Still wish there were team talks but the game has more than enough. Great job mobile team 👏👏👏.

Just downloaded it. I was going to wait but keen to see the changes.

I really like the new display. I don't mind the pink, but I can see why people aren't keen. 

New scouting seems good so far. 

Possibly to late but I would love a filter on the squad screen so I can filter positions. I use this so much on the full game. And also the ability to filter scout results in this way as I find it hard to scroll through so much information. 

One annoyance has always been the ratings for defenders. Unfortunately this still seems an issue though I have only played one game so will test.

For example 2-0 down at half time and my LB is on a 5. Within 15 minutes of the second half restarting he is on a 7 and the game just seems to discard the first half. We lost 3-0 and all my defenders are on 6-7's despite making 1-2 mistakes each though not mistakes leading to goals. I would expect some 5's to be present there. I will continue to monitor this. 

Overall though the game appears to be much more polished. Great work as always. 

Hey everyone. 

I am playing the game on Google Pixel 6 and every time I try to get to Medical Centre and then tap on the icon to tell me why the player is in danger of injury the came completely crashes. There is no error message or anything, just a simple and quick shutdown. 

I was also wondering if there is a way of disabling player picture that are generated. I was trying to play "My Club" save with 11 players created by myself but when I noticed that 9 of them has exactly the same picture I gave up on it. I don't see any option in the settings to disable it though. In FMM21 there was not player picture at all and I liked it better that way. 

Other than that FMM22 is the best 😁

Kind Regards

Edited by GregiiPi

On 12/11/2021 at 01:41, BristolCity1992 said:

Just downloaded it. I was going to wait but keen to see the changes.

I really like the new display. I don't mind the pink, but I can see why people aren't keen. 

New scouting seems good so far. 

Possibly to late but I would love a filter on the squad screen so I can filter positions. I use this so much on the full game. And also the ability to filter scout results in this way as I find it hard to scroll through so much information. 

One annoyance has always been the ratings for defenders. Unfortunately this still seems an issue though I have only played one game so will test.

For example 2-0 down at half time and my LB is on a 5. Within 15 minutes of the second half restarting he is on a 7 and the game just seems to discard the first half. We lost 3-0 and all my defenders are on 6-7's despite making 1-2 mistakes each though not mistakes leading to goals. I would expect some 5's to be present there. I will continue to monitor this. 

Overall though the game appears to be much more polished. Great work as always. 

Is the rating thing anything that anyone else notices? There was a Preston fan here I'm sure who used to pick up on it. It's a bit game breaking for me but maybe not a problem for others, or it doesn't exist? 

5 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Is the rating thing anything that anyone else notices? There was a Preston fan here I'm sure who used to pick up on it. It's a bit game breaking for me but maybe not a problem for others, or it doesn't exist? 

I've had some dodgy ratings too but nothing I'd say would be groundbreaking. 

I suggest that you save matches where you find the ratings way off and send them to the development team for further investigation.

Seems like the load time on Android could do with some optimisation. Here's a little video I made:

At this point I'm so happy to have FMM22 that I don't mind, but sooner or later it's going to wear thin! :D 

Edit: You have to stick with it, I promise FMM22 will get there in the end.

Edit 2: Before anyone asks, there are no face packs or logo packs or changes.txt or purchases to restore or anything. This is vanilla FMM on a Samsung Galaxy S20+. The only thing I can think of is this year it asks where you want to put the files and I created a folder called SIGames (which is what it suggested) - but maybe it would faster in the normal location that previous years used (Documents folder)? Unlikely though - probably it's just not optimised. I seem to remember previous years being slow in the first release and then getting faster as the updates come out.

Edited by StephenCronin

2 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

anyone else noticed a massive increase in difficulty between 21 and 22? 

I’m finding it more of a challenge but that’s not a bad thing 20 & 21 was too easy. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

anyone else noticed a massive increase in difficulty between 21 and 22? 

The AI squad management and their tactical approach has been tuned slightly for the best teams which will hopefully make it a little more challenging for people especially if you're playing in a top league.

Overall however the effect shouldn't be 'huge' if you were already taking a sensible tactical approach and making teams with good players in them (if you were taking advantage of tactical flaws/cheats then ... I'm sorry but you might have to adapt your approach a little).

PS - In my current save game Eastbourne have just been promoted into the Championship - it's taken me six seasons to get that far ... poaching of my players is a little more active than in prior seasons (if I have a player who scores 20+ goals a season now it is far more likely that a team in a division above might swoop on him as would happen irl etc.) and the opposition squads are a little more solid, but to me the balance seems about 'right.'

Obviously if anyone feels its too hard or too easy please let us know :D

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

I haven't even been able to get started, I've found it that difficult. But I've never been very good at working out tactics and my go to tactics that have worked for me last few versions aren't working this time.

What team are you playing as? - by default I'd suggest using the default tactics and then making only very small changes, I generally play with a 4-4-2 with a winger pushed forward (AML position) in the lower leagues for example ... nothing fancy.

5 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

I haven't even been able to get started, I've found it that difficult. But I've never been very good at working out tactics and my go to tactics that have worked for me last few versions aren't working this time.

I’m in the same boat. Tried twice to get to the end of the season with Crystal Palace but been sacked twice. Using same 4-4-2 tactics that did me so well the last 2 mobile editions and get battered 5-0 by Norwich 😂 determined to make it work though somehow 

Further thoughts after completing half a season...

I feel like the shot count could be higher, seems on the low side. As Milan I'm rarely seeing double figures for shots for both me and my opponent. 

An awful lot of crosses seem to hit the nearest defender and go out for a corner. 

It feels like way too many highlights end with a free kick. 

Some/all of these could be to do with my tactics of course. I'm right in the title race at new year and looking to add some creativity to my side in the summer window. 

one thing i've noticed is that reserve team in many countries\leagues, don't have a fixture list.  it would appear they do nothing.  i noticed this in last year's game as well when managing a 'lesser' German side (Hoffenheim).  my FM22 save i've started managing in Poland and the reserve team doesn't seem to have a fixture list unless i arrange friendlies.

is that just how it is?  will the players progress if i don't arrange friendlies?

14 hours ago, darthcraven said:

one thing i've noticed is that reserve team in many countries\leagues, don't have a fixture list.  it would appear they do nothing.  i noticed this in last year's game as well when managing a 'lesser' German side (Hoffenheim).  my FM22 save i've started managing in Poland and the reserve team doesn't seem to have a fixture list unless i arrange friendlies.

is that just how it is?  will the players progress if i don't arrange friendlies?

Unless your reserve team plays in a proper lower division, rather than a reserves only one, like Barcelona B does in Spain, you won’t see full reserve team fixtures in a reserve league like in Touch and the full game. But you can see the match stats summary for your reserves under their non competitive section in the player history.

On 15/11/2021 at 14:35, Marc Vaughan said:

The AI squad management and their tactical approach has been tuned slightly for the best teams which will hopefully make it a little more challenging for people especially if you're playing in a top league.

Overall however the effect shouldn't be 'huge' if you were already taking a sensible tactical approach and making teams with good players in them (if you were taking advantage of tactical flaws/cheats then ... I'm sorry but you might have to adapt your approach a little).

PS - In my current save game Eastbourne have just been promoted into the Championship - it's taken me six seasons to get that far ... poaching of my players is a little more active than in prior seasons (if I have a player who scores 20+ goals a season now it is far more likely that a team in a division above might swoop on him as would happen irl etc.) and the opposition squads are a little more solid, but to me the balance seems about 'right.'

Obviously if anyone feels its too hard or too easy please let us know :D

I suggested better AI for the biggest clubs to give experienced players who like to play at the highest level a challenge and some on here rubbished the idea as the game would be cheating. Glad to see it’s been implemented to some degree though. When someone takes over a big club and puts together an all star team with a huge budget, you get a snowball effect and it’s very difficult for the game to cope with that. I’ve won everything playing 442 with little tactical adjustment. Glad to see that will be harder to do.

En 16/11/2021 a las 9:42, Marc Vaughan dijo:

What team are you playing as? - by default I'd suggest using the default tactics and then making only very small changes, I generally play with a 4-4-2 with a winger pushed forward (AML position) in the lower leagues for example ... nothing fancy.

cmon mark, post some ss, we are curious!

I loved previous 10 football manager mobiles version. 

I want to buy this one off iOS on my iPhone 12 Pro. I had 3 bugs from previous that is preventing me from buying this one. 

1) was substitutes from the bench in second season in the premier league. was 7 on last year. It was so much better to have 9 on the bench. From season 2 and beyond. Even the bundle I would pay to have the option to have it in the game or not. have messaged in regards to this on here and a message from the weekend to which I haven’t had a response as of yet. 

2) VAR when they reviewed always was a no goal, has this changed?? 

3) iCloud version would work on my spare iPhone X, it did work on it, but once I reset it, it wouldn’t work on that. 

let me know. 

I know that in the past I’ve complained about the game not being generous with unsolicited job offers. That was fixed successfully. But I’ve had an odd occurrence. I was forced to resign from League One Portsmouth after failing to get them promoted. It was my very first season playing the game and I ended up mid table thanks to a small mediocre squad.

I expected that only L2 or National League teams would be interested in me but then out of the blue Sevilla offers me a job with a £55m transfer budget! They’d come 8th in La Liga just missing out on the European places and so had sacked their previous manager. It was a bit of a Gary Neville moment!

I set my manager level at Automatic but I don’t think that I should have been offered one of the best jobs in Europe when I’d struggled with Portsmouth. Anyway I’ve taken it so I’ll see if I can bring my old managerial skills to bear and be successful.

Edit. I should also add than several Sevilla players aren’t impressed with me either. Makes sense.

Edited by Vane

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Vane said:

Edit. I should also add than several Sevilla players aren’t impressed with me either. Makes sense.

Let me know how you get on - it's always interesting when you have to win over a cynical squad.

(I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of talent available when they needed someone so are taking a punt on you - did you get any mention regarding them seeing you as a short-term/caretaker manager or similar?)

31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Let me know how you get on - it's always interesting when you have to win over a cynical squad.

(I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of talent available when they needed someone so are taking a punt on you - did you get any mention regarding them seeing you as a short-term/caretaker manager or similar?)

I didn’t notice anything. I was expecting to be managing the likes of Stockport for my second season, not Sevilla! I’ll have to make sure I don’t start with a bad run or half the squad will want to bale!! But I won’t be surprised if I’m out before Christmas! :D

Edited by Vane

Well I survived my first season with Sevilla after my shock move from hopeless Portsmouth. It was a nightmare start and I had to clear out a load of first team squad players before the season even started as they were so disgruntled with the club’s performance and not trusting of me the newbie. Brought in quite a few new players but it was still an unsettled squad. Ended up 12th with way too many draws. 18 in the league! I’d often take the lead and then concede late goals. I really struggled to score despite having some pretty good attacking players. I only managed about 30 odd goals. It was my skill at running tight defences that saved me from disaster.

I also got to the Spanish Cup final and came runner up to Real Madrid on penalties.

So no Europe but I’m still in a job. Some of my new signings already want to leave! I’ll probably need a better start this season though or I will be out! 

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Vane said:

Well I survived my first season with Sevilla after my shock move from hopeless Portsmouth. It was a nightmare start and I had to clear out a load of first team squad players before the season even started as they were so disgruntled with the club’s performance and not trusting of me the newbie. Brought in quite a few new players but it was still an unsettled squad. Ended up 12th with way too many draws. 18 in the league! I’d often take the lead and then concede late goals. I really struggled to score despite having some pretty good attacking players. I only managed about 30 odd goals. It was my skill at running tight defences that saved me from disaster.

I also got to the Spanish Cup final and came runner up to Real Madrid on penalties.

So no Europe but I’m still in a job. Some of my new signings already want to leave! I’ll probably need a better start this season though or I will be out! 

Congrats on keeping the job as long as you have - when the dressing room is against you it can be tough to turn the tide - let me know how it goes :D

(and kudos on making the cup final, here's hoping you win the next one :) )

This probably isn't a bug, so haven't posted it as such, but it's something I think needs tweaking. I only use this lad off the bench, but his low rating has triggered this:

image.png.bb5a4321f8e98b39525f64beea1faf33.png

There's been a bit of talk from other people here about how players coming off the bench only get a rating of 6 unless they score or assist (been like that for a few versions). Maybe that's fine. But maybe that needs to be tweaked if it's going to get the media turning against the bench players. 

On 16/11/2021 at 12:42, Marc Vaughan said:

I was playing as Bray Wanderers then Cowdenbeath. With Cowdenbeath I got especially downhearted as I joined a few weeks in after they had played some of the league cup group games - and they had won them all - but I was losing everything!

Decided to take a break and came back to it this weekend, started a new save as Cambrian & Clydach in Cymru South. Getting on much better with it although hit a tough patch form wise now.

On 23/11/2021 at 21:36, Marc Vaughan said:

Congrats on keeping the job as long as you have - when the dressing room is against you it can be tough to turn the tide - let me know how it goes :D

(and kudos on making the cup final, here's hoping you win the next one :) )

Bah, sacked by an unhappy Sevilla board in February of my second season with them. In fact it was quite a harsh sacking. Was 7th on 40 pts and had lost only 7 league games out of 25. I was only 5 points behind 5th so still in the fight for European places.

Anyway, I’ll see who offers me my next job!

Edited by Vane

I try to extend Sane's contract and end up losing him to Freiburg on offer that I never got and its not even transfer window going on 🤣🤣, in the 2nd pic my GK let in 4 out of 5 shots and got rating 9, report said "poor shot stopping from GK" but when I tried to interact with him my assisstant recommended I praise him for excellent performance..

Screenshot_2021-12-02-21-08-16-192_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-02-20-49-34-258_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, Amigooo said:

I try to extend Sane's contract and end up losing him to Freiburg on offer that I never got and its not even transfer window going on 🤣🤣, in the 2nd pic my GK let in 4 out of 5 shots and got rating 9, report said "poor shot stopping from GK" but when I tried to interact with him my assisstant recommended I praise him for excellent performance..

If you could send in the save game (preferably before the transfer is completed) and pkm then I'd be very interested in taking a look.

Incidentally - If the transfer is 'wrong' (ie. doesn't make sense) I'd be happy to unroll it for you and return the save with him staying.

14 hours ago, Amigooo said:

In 🤣🤣the 2nd pic my GK let in 4 out of 5 shots and got rating 9, report said "poor shot stopping from GK" but when I tried to interact with him my assisstant recommended I praise him for excellent performance..

Screenshot_2021-12-02-20-49-34-258_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

My guess would be your keeper got an assist.

P.s. since my last comment I'm now addicted. After a decent season with Cambrian & Clydach, finishing 3rd, and putting together a squad to challenge the title I got offered the Sligo Rovers job while they were in the first division near the end of their season. Took that and promptly secured promotion to the Premier Division via playoffs and won the Challenge Cup to boot for my first trophy on FMM22. Roll on the Premier Division and looking forward to the challenge of Europe as an Irish team.

Edited by ElliottMS

On 02/12/2021 at 17:57, Vane said:

Bah, sacked by an unhappy Sevilla board in February of my second season with them. In fact it was quite a harsh sacking. Was 7th on 40 pts and had lost only 7 league games out of 25. I was only 5 points behind 5th so still in the fight for European places.

Anyway, I’ll see who offers me my next job!

So Sheffield United offered me a job. Some senior players were disgusted by my appointment and considered me arrogant and impatient. What did I do to get that rep in two days?! :lol: Anyway, they settled down after a couple of wins.

It’s March and we’re mid table so the board only want me to strengthen the squad. The squad is too strong to fall into a relegation battle so it should be a comfortable end to the season. But they’ll probably want to be in the play offs next season though and that could be tricky, especially if McBurnie, who’s phenomenal, insists on leaving! The Championship is always a nightmare for me.

Edited by Vane

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Vane said:

So Sheffield United offered me a job. Some senior players were disgusted by my appointment and considered me arrogant and impatient. What did I do to get that rep in two days?! :lol: Anyway, they settled down after a couple of wins.

It’s March and we’re mid table so the board only want me to strengthen the squad. The squad is too strong to fall into a relegation battle so it should be a comfortable end to the season. But they’ll probably want to be in the play offs next season though and that could be tricky, especially if McBurnie, who’s phenomenal, insists on leaving! The Championship is always a nightmare for me.

If he does decide he wants to move then don't forget you can talk to players and mitigate things somewhat - whether you decide to persuade people to stay or just try and keep them happy by indicating you'll eventually let them move on is up to you :D

PS - With the arrogance, that is generally triggered by your previous actions - if you have generally be (cough) a little over confident, transfer list an influential player after joining (or demote a popular captain) or indicated that you have high expectations then it might upset some people, especially if you're already seen as a poor appointment by players.

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If he does decide he wants to move then don't forget you can talk to players and mitigate things somewhat - whether you decide to persuade people to stay or just try and keep them happy by indicating you'll eventually let them move on is up to you :D

I did this with a player, well I told him to stay or something along those lines and now he thinks I'm all talk no action. The cheeky effer got dropped :D

• SI Staff
20 hours ago, rosdan_bachok said:

Hello dear sir,

Did I have an option to disable newly promoted youth player 'auto generated faces'?

I like the silhouette better, or an option that we can choose their faces, maybe several option.

I loved that you put an option to choose affiliate club!

It's on my 'to do' list but won't be in until a post-xmas update.

Having a better and more enjoyable time with this year's game. Chose Eastbourne Borough and surprisingly I'm doing well with a relatively poor squad. Was flying in 4th but then lost my star player Whelpdale for two months, then lost four in a row lol but just had a huge result winning 1-0 to a team that were much stronger than me, I went as defensive as possible for the whole 90 minutes and it was a masterstroke lol. Now up to 6th, play offs? Why not. Squad respects me although I'm a rookie. Squad harmony is high but I have just critised my young Striker Kendall lol, he has played 12 times and has scored once and he keeps getting 6 for his performances, good thing I have a loan striker who is better lol. As it currently stands I have played 17, won 8, drawn 2 and lost 7. Scored 16 and conceded 21. My formation is 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders, my defensive line is deep and closing down all over. My passing style was direct but I am playing some good stuff by choosing short passing, my team is passing much more now than they did when passing direct. Final third is early crosses because of my two wide attacking midfielders, shoot on sight and through balls and I think I have the tactics bang on, well not really but almost lol. I think the mobile team did a great job with this year's game. Not noticed any bugs or any issues.

You know what would really really great (but obviously more work)?

Adding "Fixed in 13.x.x" tags etc where appropriate to the issues in the public bug tracker, so we know which one should be fixed in new versions etc.

Hope that's something you can consider for the future.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Anyone know what this means on the latest update change list: “Some fixes to improve match reliability ”?

half way through a season and worried that my tactic will no longer work 😂

I typed up a long reply to this and then the forum went down ... so I'm afraid this one is just a summary answer - "shouldn't affect your tactics effectiveness" ...

Is bosman offers issue fixed..when you offer a contract to a player and lose to other team he joins them immediately even tho he has half a year left on his contract

Also manager reputation..I remember a great tweak either on fm20 or 21 when you could raise your rep even if you were a runner up in tournament where you were underdog or if you just got promoted and instead of avoiding relegation you end top 4 or so..it used to raise your rep but this year again it seems you only get rep when you win competetions like it used to be on older fmm versions

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, Amigooo said:

Is bosman offers issue fixed..when you offer a contract to a player and lose to other team he joins them immediately even tho he has half a year left on his contract

Also manager reputation..I remember a great tweak either on fm20 or 21 when you could raise your rep even if you were a runner up in tournament where you were underdog or if you just got promoted and instead of avoiding relegation you end top 4 or so..it used to raise your rep but this year again it seems you only get rep when you win competetions like it used to be on older fmm versions

Can you give me a save game where this is about to happen and I can check if its still an issue, as an aside my last huge loss was my freaking keeper wandering off on a minimum fee release clause to Bayern ... we were 5thin the Premiership at the time and building for the future, selfish git ;) ).