• Game all stretchy on Samsung S20+

StephenCronin
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

The game looks all stretchy on the Samsung S20+, eg:

1079944463_Screenshot_20211109-085128_FM22Mobile.jpg.043ec7e958ab465c3475a84e6c68ae58.jpg

FMM21 does not look that at all, eg:

1495062245_Screenshot_20211109-091058_FM21Mobile.jpg.31b04cfa613a6945bd98a26ddd2ad8d2.jpg

I'll play around with the setting etc to see if I can solve this myself, but am just starting work, so thought I'd post this as this is the out of the box behaviour and is likely to happen for other users. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Not what we want to see - do you have Game Booster Plus installed at all (can be found in Game Plugins from the Galaxy Store). There's a number of settings there that can be tweaked in further detail that might help solve while we track it down.

21 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

Not what we want to see - do you have Game Booster Plus installed at all (can be found in Game Plugins from the Galaxy Store). There's a number of settings there that can be tweaked in further detail that might help solve while we track it down.

Just got out of a meeting and I managed to solve it.

I went to the Display > Full Screen Apps in the Android settings and turned FMM22 on (I had that on for earlier versions too). That didn't change anything, so then I reloaded the skin in the FMM22 User Interface settings and restarted the phone. When it restarted I got the expected display.

I'm not sure if the fix was actually setting it to a full screen app or whether it was just the reloading the skin and restarting part that did the trick. But anyway, my issue has been resolved and hopefully that might help others if they run into it.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue as this where it will work if I restart the phone, however every time I seem to load this i am getting the stretchy screen aswell.  Did you know if there was a fix for this bug yet? 

Screenshot_20211109-000244_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211109-000733_FM22 Mobile.jpg

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, James Irons said:

I am having the same issue as this where it will work if I restart the phone, however every time I seem to load this i am getting the stretchy screen aswell.  Did you know if there was a fix for this bug yet? 

Screenshot_20211109-000244_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211109-000733_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Can you try setting Display > Full Screen Apps to have FM22 Mobile ON in the phone settings please, before rebooting?

2 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

Can you try setting Display > Full Screen Apps to have FM22 Mobile ON in the phone settings please, before rebooting?

Yeah I did try this. However the same thing keeps happening when adjusting this setting to this and restarting the device?

@Alari Naylor - Yeah, I just found the same thing. What I did above fixed it, until I closed the game (properly) and then when it restarted, it was all stretchy again.

I can fix it by reloading the skin and restarting the phone (at least that worked a couple of times now). It seems the full screen setting has nothing to do with it and I didn't see anything in Game Booster that seemed to make a difference. Reloading the skin by itself doesn't change anything, you need to restart the phone as well. And then that only works until the next time the app closes.

By closing the app, I mean the swipe away close, not just backing out of it (which normally leaves it open in the background, in which case the display remains fine). I was closing the app properly so that it would recognise the existence of an FMM21 tactic file - seems to work, but then of course the display is messed up.

Summary: By default the display on an S20+ is stretchy. It seems it can be fixed by reloading skin and restarting the phone, but it only lasts until the app is properly closed.

Same problem. I have samsung galaxy s20 plus. Only works when i reboot my phone and first time playing after install. But when i close it fully. Than the screen problem back. Pls fix

14 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

Hi,

Can you try changing the screen resolution to FHD please if you have that option available and let us know if that solves it for now? We are working on a proper fix for ASAP.

https://www.howtogeek.com/662484/samsung-galaxy-s20-how-to-change-your-screen-resolution/

Mine was already set to FHD+. I tried HD+ (almost a blank screen) and WQHD+ (same as FHD+)  and then set it back to FHD+ and no cigar. I reloaded the skin each time but didn't restart.

Edited by StephenCronin

Yeah I was already On FHD aswell. Made no difference for me either. Its alright, I don't mind having to restart the phone each time, just a bit inconvenient that's all.

Just to chime in, this issue suddenly happened on my S20 FE too. It's been fine  all day and I haven't changed any system nor game settings, the game just decided to render incorrectly all of a sudden. Strange one! 

• SI Staff

Hi there,

Can people with this issue please try a fix we are testing via open beta - use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sega.soccer.manager.

Please note this build is not tested fully and we cannot guarantee stability, but we would like to have eyes on this particular fix from affected users to ensure that it has indeed fixed the issue.

I haven't had time to try the open beta yet, but I found that putting the home screen into landscape mode before opening FMM fixed the problem without needing to restart the phone.

You don't need to keep it in landscape mode, but it needs to be in landscape mode when you open FMM. And of course FMM can't already be opened, you have to close it fully before you try this.

15 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

Hi there,

Can people with this issue please try a fix we are testing via open beta - use this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sega.soccer.manager.

Please note this build is not tested fully and we cannot guarantee stability, but we would like to have eyes on this particular fix from affected users to ensure that it has indeed fixed the issue.

Works well so far! Thank you for working on this!

Tried installing the beta version however I still get a small screen. I'm using S20, FHD+, Navigation bar: button, set fmm22 as fullscreen app

Screenshot_20211111-004820_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Edited by yuelvic

• SI Staff
    18 hours ago, yuelvic said:

Tried installing the beta version however I still get a small screen. I'm using S20, FHD+, Navigation bar: button, set fmm22 as fullscreen app

Screenshot_20211111-004820_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Please go to Settings -> User Interface and turn Stretch screen on.