*Official* Football Manager Mobile 2022 Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I typed up a long reply to this and then the forum went down ... so I'm afraid this one is just a summary answer - "shouldn't affect your tactics effectiveness" ...

Hmm not convinced by this. This is a pre update screenshot and the other is post update. Seems to have had a big affect. Very annoying

621F538C-1FBE-40F6-B865-689DF46E9FA3.png

84053A9E-DE69-4FA2-84C2-7C446FB1BEA1.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff

If you're concerned please by all means forward your save game on - I expect there is a seperate reason behind your loss of form, injuries, tired players etc. (I notice you're playing quite a lot of matches grouped together there).

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can you give me a save game where this is about to happen and I can check if its still an issue, as an aside my last huge loss was my freaking keeper wandering off on a minimum fee release clause to Bayern ... we were 5thin the Premiership at the time and building for the future, selfish git ;) ). 

Can't make that atm but when I progress to January or so I will try to trigger it to see if it happens and then send it to you 👍

the new green on the player positions is very green.

Players are agitating for moves when they don't play for 2 games, surely the AI can figure out rotation?

Leicester away kit inverts the colours when they play away to Man City, annoying. Can we please get a choice of away kits in the game when we play away?

My feeder club could only take 2 loans per the rules, but put in loan offers for over 20 of my reserves.

Seems to be a dearth of academy prospects every year, even at a top club.

Find there's too many transfers in the first season and no real financial impact of Covid in the game.

There's often too big a gulf in league between your club and your feeder club choices. It would be better if we could set the leagues we're interested in getting affiliates from.

Could we have like in the main game the option to include players from certain non-playable leagues in the database?

Could we also have the option to swap leagues out of the database at the end of the season, and have manager jobs from all leagues available to see so we can move to a new league at season-end and the leagues swap over at the season-end?

Every offside seems to be ruled out, it would be more fun if sometimes the goal was still given from VAR.

Scouting ratings seem a bit harsh. You'll get some *** players who end up very quickly being really good additions to your team, there's very few highly rated players.

Transfer fees are ludicrous given Covid and the fees most players go for. You don't see many £100m+ signings in the real world yet in the game every top player is valued well over £100m when you know it's not realistic.

Can we have a proper colour picker on the kit editor? at the moment you can't really get shades of colours, input specific colours or save colours with the way it's set up?

Thank you for fixing the dots covering over the added time on the match screen.

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

Players are agitating for moves when they don't play for 2 games, surely the AI can figure out rotation?

What is the personality of the players in question? - for a player to be that impatient normally they have to be of a large stature AND have a volatile/demanding personality .. would you mind checking.

Leicester away kit inverts the colours when they play away to Man City, annoying. Can we please get a choice of away kits in the game when we play away?

This is something I'll consider for a future version of the game, but it isn't a simple fix and I'm afraid won't be a high priority as in all honesty it's a fairly minor issue.

My feeder club could only take 2 loans per the rules, but put in loan offers for over 20 of my reserves.

I'll look into this.

Seems to be a dearth of academy prospects every year, even at a top club.

What league are you playing in and what are your clubs ratings? - I get between 3-6 most years as Eastbourne Borough in the Premiership - how many are you expecting?

Find there's too many transfers in the first season and no real financial impact of Covid in the game.

In the lower leagues you'll see more impact than in the top leagues as in real-life most clubs seem to be weathering the storm somewhat.

There's often too big a gulf in league between your club and your feeder club choices. It would be better if we could set the leagues we're interested in getting affiliates from.

I'll look at tuning this for the January update.

Could we have like in the main game the option to include players from certain non-playable leagues in the database?

I'll consider this - but in all honesty my main aim is to keep things as simple as possible when it comes to setting up a new game (eventually I'd like users to just click start and get the entire database with all leagues active and not to have to even think about their game setup, but that is a long-term goal).

Could we also have the option to swap leagues out of the database at the end of the season, and have manager jobs from all leagues available to see so we can move to a new league at season-end and the leagues swap over at the season-end?

No I'm afraid not. That is wholly against what I'm trying to achieve with the mobile game and wouldn't be 'reliable' if someone was on low battery (as it'd take a while to do).

Every offside seems to be ruled out, it would be more fun if sometimes the goal was still given from VAR.

This does happen - but I agree it might be skewed a little too far towards cruelty (although arguably the same is true irl somewhat).

Scouting ratings seem a bit harsh. You'll get some *** players who end up very quickly being really good additions to your team, there's very few highly rated players.

If you can send in a save with examples then I'd happily look into this.

Transfer fees are ludicrous given Covid and the fees most players go for. You don't see many £100m+ signings in the real world yet in the game every top player is valued well over £100m when you know it's not realistic.

I'd argue there are a lot of 100m+ valued players in the real-world who aren't moving at present because of their clubs expectations for sale prices ... on the other hand now and again a team will happily pay over the odds for someone, Ben White moving to Arsenal for instance (as a Brighton fan I think he's a good player - but he's 2-3 years of good development away from that transfer being 'good value' imho ... he has bags of potential, but ...).

On 09/12/2021 at 19:12, Marc Vaughan said:

What is the personality of the players in question? - for a player to be that impatient normally they have to be of a large stature AND have a volatile/demanding personality .. would you mind checking.

This is something I'll consider for a future version of the game, but it isn't a simple fix and I'm afraid won't be a high priority as in all honesty it's a fairly minor issue.

I'll look into this.

What league are you playing in and what are your clubs ratings? - I get between 3-6 most years as Eastbourne Borough in the Premiership - how many are you expecting?

In the lower leagues you'll see more impact than in the top leagues as in real-life most clubs seem to be weathering the storm somewhat.

I'll look at tuning this for the January update.

I'll consider this - but in all honesty my main aim is to keep things as simple as possible when it comes to setting up a new game (eventually I'd like users to just click start and get the entire database with all leagues active and not to have to even think about their game setup, but that is a long-term goal).

No I'm afraid not. That is wholly against what I'm trying to achieve with the mobile game and wouldn't be 'reliable' if someone was on low battery (as it'd take a while to do).

This does happen - but I agree it might be skewed a little too far towards cruelty (although arguably the same is true irl somewhat).

If you can send in a save with examples then I'd happily look into this.

I'd argue there are a lot of 100m+ valued players in the real-world who aren't moving at present because of their clubs expectations for sale prices ... on the other hand now and again a team will happily pay over the odds for someone, Ben White moving to Arsenal for instance (as a Brighton fan I think he's a good player - but he's 2-3 years of good development away from that transfer being 'good value' imho ... he has bags of potential, but ...).

Thank you for replying. Well, I have a save with City and if leave anyone from Walker, Ferran Torres to my signing Fabian Ruiz out for 2 games they kick off, even though Pep can leave them out and they don't make so much fuss because they know it's rotation in real life with games every 3 days.

On away kits, could you code like IRL that the game chooses each kit a minimum number of times, just for variety?

Well, like Barcelona are done financially yet in the game they do just fine, it would be nice if clubs have "finances" as well as transfer budgets that force them to raise funds and sell low etc.

Maybe we could have a more detailed setting and an "easy" setting for casual players? I just want to have the widest possible database with certain youngsters coming through?

Well, again on my City save I get 1 player per season who's usually rubbish, but then Spurs got like 6 players and it just seems silly?

I guess I just want to have more variety of league options. At the moment if you want the base England, Italy, Spain and Germany then you can only choose one from Holland, Portugal and France and that's a bit frustrating.

Like tonight, Brentford went to VAR but the goal was given, I've never had one in FM22 where it doesn't get ruled out.

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

Thank you for replying. Well, I have a save with City and if leave anyone from Walker, Ferran Torres to my signing Fabian Ruiz out for 2 games they kick off, even though Pep can leave them out and they don't make so much fuss because they know it's rotation in real life with games every 3 days.

Have you upped their squad status to key player at some point?

10 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

Well, again on my City save I get 1 player per season who's usually rubbish, but then Spurs got like 6 players and it just seems silly?

I'll run some sims as Man City and take a look - if needs be, I'd be happy to tune this further (do bear in mind that in theory at least I'm on holiday until the new year now as I've only had a weeks break all year while making this years game so am doing a tour of my daughters during December).

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

I've played a lot of this the last few days as I've had Covid. It's really good. There's still a lot that could be improved and built upon, but you must be happy with the base. 

Hope the series continues. 

Thanks - we'll be around for quite a while yet, I've been helping make games at SI for over two decades now and am still enjoying it ... I've no plans at all to get a real job* ;)

*As my father would view it :D

PS - Hope all goes well and you recover soon.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks - we'll be around for quite a while yet, I've been helping make games at SI for over two decades now and am still enjoying it ... I've no plans at all to get a real job* ;)

*As my father would view it :D

PS - Hope all goes well and you recover soon.

Yes I remember your name back from the past forums I think. I mainly used The Dugout though which is now gone.  I would have been 11 then! Spent far to much time making FM/CM and PES team lists with my mate. Good times. 

That being said transfers still need some work. Tyrone Mills has moved to Luton in League 1 in 23/24 and is on 50k a week. :P I'll come back and renounce this if it happens in two years time. Think I got the better deal though as I snagged Adebayo from them for peanuts and he's been solid. 

Edited by BristolCity1992

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Yes I remember your name back from the past forums I think. I mainly used The Dugout though which is now gone.  I would have been 11 then! Spent far to much time making FM/CM and PES team lists with my mate. Good times. 

That being said transfers still need some work. Tyrone Mills has moved to Luton in League 1 in 23/24 and is on 50k a week. :P I'll come back and renounce this if it happens in two years time. Think I got the better deal though as I snagged Adebayo from them for peanuts and he's been solid. 

Would you mind checking what their financial state is and whether they signed him in the Championship and subsequently got relegated (as I agree that sounds like a lot, but there might be an explanation - there normally is) ... as always I'd be happy to take a look at the save and figure things out (and such things help me with tweaking the AI generally, so would be much appreciated).

15 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Would you mind checking what their financial state is and whether they signed him in the Championship and subsequently got relegated (as I agree that sounds like a lot, but there might be an explanation - there normally is) ... as always I'd be happy to take a look at the save and figure things out (and such things help me with tweaking the AI generally, so would be much appreciated).

Yeah wondered that. It was in league one they just got relegated, maybe it was agreed before? They also made £14m in transfers so it's possible that they have tons of cash. Though they have spent £28m this summer too. 

I'll try and upload it soon have made a save at the point where I noticed it. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Yeah wondered that. It was in league one they just got relegated, maybe it was agreed before? They also made £14m in transfers so it's possible that they have tons of cash. Though they have spent £28m this summer too. 

Sounds like an ambitious club where everything is going wrong - they'll either rise again or go bankrupt at that rate ... sounds like an adventure in the making. I'll look forward to looking into the save game :D

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, javand96 said:

Hi, I would like to know if the game includes the images of players and coaches in its download. Thanks

The game includes images for all players for whom we have licenses (and thus can include their images).

• SI Staff
On 20/12/2021 at 09:06, Packer1287 said:

I agree, taking 30 seconds plus to process one day at a time 

This should have been rectified via. the update which came out Monday - can you let me know if this isn't the case pls.

On 10/12/2021 at 22:22, Marc Vaughan said:

Have you upped their squad status to key player at some point?

I'll run some sims as Man City and take a look - if needs be, I'd be happy to tune this further (do bear in mind that in theory at least I'm on holiday until the new year now as I've only had a weeks break all year while making this years game so am doing a tour of my daughters during December).

I hadn't signed new contracts with them, but it was a theme, but only really at that club. No worries if you're busy, I just raise points I notice.

I moved onto a Spurs save and now I still get a lack of youth talent (given my reserves is virtually empty yet Spurs would always have U-18s, U-17s, U-16s) yet my save is spawning a bunch of top class regen, especially South American talent into the Dutch leagues, but not even Ajax, like Vitesse, Fortuna Sittard etc? Seems odd.

In my latest save...

Arsenal relegated to the Championship and they couldn't get back up straight away (less than 5 seasons in).

Top youngsters spawning heavily into the Dutch League and not to top academies (if you're at a PL club your reserves should be filled up with new academy talents each year, that's how it works in real life).

Playing as a Tottenham and the away kits don't get selected even if I'm playing away to Monaco or Southampton, because the game takes the red in the home kit as the primary colour even though in real-life Spurs would always pick the away. Third kit doesn't get picked.

Noticing lower transfer fees overall, which is good, but clubs keep undercutting my player value so it's not worth selling anyone (seemed easier to sell players in earlier saves).

Still every offside/VAR decision goes against the attacking team.

Played as Lyon in my first 2 seasons and arbitrarily low crowds for the French Cup Final.

Can we have a "move at the end of season" option for taking a new job?

Having fun otherwise, won both leagues and 3 CL in 4 seasons. Not telling you my tactic as you'll find a fix for it being so good!

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Can we have a "move at the end of season" option for taking a new job?

I'll consider this (also considering allowing you to take your staff with you in a future version).

3 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Having fun otherwise, won both leagues and 3 CL in 4 seasons. Not telling you my tactic as you'll find a fix for it being so good!

Whistles innocently ... if you'd care to send me a save game then I'll take a look into any issues you're reported ... continues whistling innocently ;)

About the whole "too good tactic" thing. I, for one, think part of the charm with these games is that some tactics are over-powered. Not to the extent that you can hit continue and win every game (a certain "Diablo" comes to mind ...), but one that does let you over-perform somewhat. If I do a wild guess I think a lot of us playing this on-the-go mobile version play it because we want to win things with our favorite club. It wouldn't be any fun if the game was so realistic that if you happened to pick, let's say Luton, you would never win anything at all. At least not within the 30 season limit. 

I'm still trying to find that winning formula ... :) 

First of all I'd like to say that I have enjoyed the game so far! I bought it like 3 weeks ago and have been playing a lot. Won the Premier League with Aston Villa in 2025 and in another save I'm promoted to La Liga with Real Valladolid in my first year as manager. I appreciate the work that has been put in this game and also the time taken to respond to the fanbase. I'll name some issues I had besides the good experience. Because I think you can learn more from your 'mistakes/bad experiences' than the things that are already good.  

I copied the first 2 points from another user who commented this. But I'll comment my points that I think can improve the game if changed. I hope you can do something with these points. I'm a fan of the game, let that be clear!

1) was substitutes from the bench in second season in the premier league. was 7 on last year. It was so much better to have 9 on the bench. From season 2 and beyond. - I totally agree, having 9 subs was way better even if it's unrealistic. Also in my save with Real Valladolid I can 'only' sub 3 times, while La Liga clubs can sub 5 times in real life, if I'm correct. So this is a big game changer! Also to give other players playing time. Maybe make it an option even for players playing the English Premier League, because it makes the game more fun for me personally to have the possibility of 5 subs. and 9 on the bench.

2) VAR when they reviewed always was a no goal, has this changed??  - I also noticed this, it's kind of annoying because it's unrealistic. I have the feeling that the he VAR only comes in when it's not a goal. 

- Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and other great players retire as soon as they sign a new contract. I don't feel like that's realistic. Even Kroos retired in one of my saves while being 33 or 34. 

- Subs almost always get a 6 or 7. So if you have a player and sub him 10 matches, the chance is big he will have 7 times a rating of 6, 2 times a rating of 7 and maybe once a rating of 8 or 9 if he scores. In real life I feel like subs have bigger impacts and can also score a 8 for 'just playing good' and having good pass complete percentage etc. I feel like a lot of times in the mobile version subs especially, but also players in general can only score 8 or higher if they score or assist.

- Mention assists in the score board. Next to the goalscorer like for example: min 67. Messi (assist Neymar)

- Option to publicly show interest in a player. And have the player being able to respond or letting know if he would be interested. This can be an extra step of lowering the transfer fee, as the player stated publicly that he want to leave the club, and go to a specific club that showed interest in him.

- Affiliate clubs can't be removed. This is a huge one for me! If you start with lower league teams , like I have now with Real Valladolid, they already have all slots secured. When you go to a higher division, your players don't want to be loaned to those low clubs, and they just rot away on the 2nd team. As does their value. 

- Mentor is always mentioned as ineffective after a player's 1st season of being mentored.

- Brazilian league. Why don't we have all the players of the Brazilian league? I guess licensing, but the big players are in the teams. So why not some of the big talents as well and not just the biggest players and biggest talents (like Angelo)

- Placing a player for hire or placing him on the transfer market a lot of times don't actually get the player hired or sold. I feel like in real life, players do get hired and sold pretty quick when they want to leave. It feels as if it's much harder in the game. 

- More options on 2nd team. For example being able to change the tactics, or suggest to let some specific players play. Like a request you'd make to the trainer of the 2nd squad.

- The budget difference in the beginning of the season. The board asks what your goals are, but the difference between the positions you'd end, have very little difference in the budget you're receiving. I could receive 37 mil for just staying in La Liga, and have 38 mil for european tickets, 39 mil for Champions League tickets and 40 mil to win la liga. For that difference of 3 mil (and like 50k extra in transferwages) it's never worth it to choose high goals. Because you don't get rewarded for the risk you take. 

- Affiliate clubs can't promote to higher league? I had Almere City (KKD) in my Aston Villa save as affiliate club. I loaned them like 13 players with very high current ability and potential. High enough to have them easily competing for the top 5 in the Eredivisie (which is one league higher than they currently are). But the affiliate club never seems to promote. It would be cool if they also promote to the highest level so that the level of the affiliate clubs become higher, and the players you send there will player on a higher level. 

- Unrealistic transfers: I'm in my second year of being Valladolid coach, and I have made some unrealistic transfers, for my feeling. I bought Antony (Ajax) for 25 mil + 20% sell clause, David Neres (Ajax) for 7 mil + 10% sell clause, Todibo (Nice) 19 mil + 10% sell clause. I feel like these are pretty unrealistic transfers because Antony will definitely not leave for anything less than 50-60 mil in real life. And Neres also wouldn't leave for 7 mil. I feel lucky of course but I aso felt like that shouldn't be possible.

I know it's a lot of stuff, but I truly think a lot of these points can improve the game. It's a great game, and I'm truly enjoying it. 

Thanks and good luck!

Why is it that I only use the home and away kit and I’ve never used the 3rd kit I hope this gets fixed I’ve been the save for over 2 years and not once have I used the 3rd kit I hope we can choose the kit we use or at least use the 3rd one

On 30/12/2021 at 01:26, aLago said:

First of all I'd like to say that I have enjoyed the game so far! I bought it like 3 weeks ago and have been playing a lot. Won the Premier League with Aston Villa in 2025 and in another save I'm promoted to La Liga with Real Valladolid in my first year as manager. I appreciate the work that has been put in this game and also the time taken to respond to the fanbase. I'll name some issues I had besides the good experience. Because I think you can learn more from your 'mistakes/bad experiences' than the things that are already good.  

I copied the first 2 points from another user who commented this. But I'll comment my points that I think can improve the game if changed. I hope you can do something with these points. I'm a fan of the game, let that be clear!

- Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and other great players retire as soon as they sign a new contract. I don't feel like that's realistic. Even Kroos retired in one of my saves while being 33 or 34. 

- Mention assists in the score board. Next to the goalscorer like for example: min 67. Messi (assist Neymar)

- 50k extra in transferwages) it's never worth it to choose high goals. Because you don't get rewarded for the risk you take. 

-

I like these specific suggestions. Especially the point about players retiring too early. In the game, It’s pretty much guaranteed that every player will retire after signing a new contract at 33. I don’t feel like this is realistic for top players - they will prolong their career for as long as possible.

On 29/12/2021 at 22:02, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll consider this (also considering allowing you to take your staff with you in a future version).

Taking your staff with you would be an excellent feature to implement. It does tend to happen irl after all.

I too have asked for the option to accept job offers and then move at the end of the season but I can't imagine your existing club chairman being happy about this. For it to be realistic, you would have to accept the offer privately and then resign at the end of the season with the risk of your existing club knowing about the offer.

One for @Marc Vaughan if it's something you're willing to answer. 

I'm having a debate with someone about what's more important: attributes or skill (ie CA). Is a player with great attributes and an average CA better than a player with worse attributes and a higher CA?

Honestly, I think just go with whatever player is working for your system and doing the business, but this is an endless debate that comes back time and again and was wondering if you could shed any light on it. Thanks!

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

One for @Marc Vaughan if it's something you're willing to answer. 

I'm having a debate with someone about what's more important: attributes or skill (ie CA). Is a player with great attributes and an average CA better than a player with worse attributes and a higher CA?

Honestly, I think just go with whatever player is working for your system and doing the business, but this is an endless debate that comes back time and again and was wondering if you could shed any light on it. Thanks!

Ultimately it's down to 'who works' - in all honesty it depends hugely on various factors, I've had played in my personal games who didn't look 'great' but who seemed fundamental to my team (ie. when I dropped them I struggled) and vice versa I've had people who on paper looked great, but jinxed my team (most notably certain goalkeepers who will remain nameless).

A lot of this can be down to subtle things (ie. sometimes having a 'limited' player works for a specific formation because perhaps all he can do is run fast and dribble so he isn't ever tempted to do anything else etc. ... sometimes his mental characteristics are just awful or through the roof (ie. consistency etc.) and at other times his leadership/releationships with others in the squad make a big difference.

(so sorry not really a clear cut answer...)

13 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ultimately it's down to 'who works' - in all honesty it depends hugely on various factors, I've had played in my personal games who didn't look 'great' but who seemed fundamental to my team (ie. when I dropped them I struggled) and vice versa I've had people who on paper looked great, but jinxed my team (most notably certain goalkeepers who will remain nameless).

A lot of this can be down to subtle things (ie. sometimes having a 'limited' player works for a specific formation because perhaps all he can do is run fast and dribble so he isn't ever tempted to do anything else etc. ... sometimes his mental characteristics are just awful or through the roof (ie. consistency etc.) and at other times his leadership/releationships with others in the squad make a big difference.

(so sorry not really a clear cut answer...)

Thanks @Marc Vaughan, really appreciate your answer and I totally understand that perspective. It's how I approach things these days as well. I think the game is richer than if people were worrying too much about CA and attributes etc (I often try to talk them out of doing that).

However... If I may ask a more specific question: is a player's CA actually used by the game engine during a match? Or is it just used in the training / attribute development system?

No worries if that's more detail than you're willing to share, but I'm very curious about the answer. Even if I don't take that into consideration anymore, it's a question that keeps coming back each year, so it would be good to have a definitive answer on at least that aspect. 

@StephenCronin It seems that CA is just the weighted sum of the player attributes (Technical, Mental, Physical with the exception of aggression, determination, natural fitness and maybe a couple of others) as well as the strength of their weakest foot.

So in that regards, it is not likely to play  a direct role in the ME.

Of course, Marc Vaughan will know for sure!

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

It seems that CA is just the weighted sum of the player attributes (Technical, Mental, Physical with the exception of aggression, determination, natural fitness and maybe a couple of others) as well as the strength of their weakest foot.

Yeah, I've heard that theory before, but never seen any proof (maybe Marc can clarify).

What I have observed is that each time a player levels up, it 'costs' them 5 points of their remaining CA to PA gap. So if their CA is 126 and their PA is 144, then an update will 'cost' 5 points*, moving their CA to 131 and leaving them with only 2 and a half updates remaining. And it continues until they max out (though not all players do actually get to max out). 

Each time they level up, some attributes increase (between 0 and 7 points in total across all visible attributes including physical). I've seen an update cost 5 CA/PA points, but not increase the attributes at all (maybe some of the 0-255 ones increased, but not enough to change the corresponding 0-20 value). But then I've also seen it increase 7 attributes points. So I find it hard to believe that it's just the sum of the attributes, there's definitely an element of randomness in there. Maybe it's auto-correcting though - so if the sum shows that they're too far ahead of where they should be, then it might decide to give them fewer attribute increases in a given update. 

* I've seen larger attribute increases, ie above 7 attribute points, that 'cost' 10 CA/PA points instead of 5. I even saw a 15 point CA jump once. But it's generally only 5 points per level up. 

My pet theory is that CA and PA is just used for the level up system and not used in the game (and that attributes are much more important there).

But I'm just guessing in the dark. Only Marc (and the other devs) know, would love if they could shed some light on this - though obviously not expecting them to give all their secrets away. I'd be satisfied just knowing whether CA is used by the match engine at all.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, CAE82 said:

@StephenCronin It seems that CA is just the weighted sum of the player attributes (Technical, Mental, Physical with the exception of aggression, determination, natural fitness and maybe a couple of others) as well as the strength of their weakest foot.

One of the things I have to be careful of here is what you mean when you say 'CA' ... if you mean the star ranking in the game that is one thing, but in the 'code' CA is another thing totally.

(the CA as shown in game is fairly complicated in how its ascertained - if people are interested I'd be happy to DM and discuss, but it might bore others in this thread)

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, CAE82 said:

Hi @Marc Vaughan, thanks for your reply. I personally was referring to the attributes weights as shown in the pre-game editor for the full version which seem to be used to calculate the RCA.

Sorry for causing confusion on the Mobile version forum!

No worries - with regards to the full-fat game, I can't comment on their pre-game editor weightings as its not something which I'm fully conversant with (and FMM doesn't follow how the PC game works in this regard).

20 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

One of the things I have to be careful of here is what you mean when you say 'CA' ... if you mean the star ranking in the game that is one thing, but in the 'code' CA is another thing totally.

(the CA as shown in game is fairly complicated in how its ascertained - if people are interested I'd be happy to DM and discuss, but it might bore others in this thread)

@Marc Vaughan I personally was referring to the 0-200 CA value stored in the save game file. I was just interested whether that was used by the match engine at all, or just in player development (and other non match things). No worries if you can't answer that, you're very generous in sharing how the game works already! 

Edited by StephenCronin

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

@Marc Vaughan I personally was referring to the 0-200 CA value stored in the save game file. I was just interested whether that was used by the match engine at all, or just in player development (and other non match things). No worries if you can't answer that, you're very generous in sharing how the game works already! 

The way the game works - the displayed attributes include an influence from the hidden CA for any technical attribute, non-technical attributes aren't influenced by CA.

So a player with 20 pace might have a CA of 1 because its a physical attribute and not influenced by CA. A technical attribute is adjusted by the players CA and also by whether its considered a 'key' part of their game (ie. key attributes receive a small boost - so for example a 'poacher' might get a slight boost to their finishing) .

I'm not going to divulge the exact system used for obvious reasons - but that is the general 'gist' of it.

PS - In matches there are also other influences on player performances, for instance:
* Captain may influence the behavior of players, ie. the captain will influce the rest of the team according to their style - ie. a strong aggressive tackler will encourage that behavior in others etc.
* Certain coaches will help during matches - ie. motivational coaches may keep player morale more stable if the match goes against a team (Youth coaches will do this to a lesser extent for youth players).
* Overall coaching style of the club will affect the team slightly - ie. if you have all attacking coaches then it will influence the style of the team on the pitch slightly etc.
* Squad dynamics - these will influence the team on the pitch as noted on the squad dynamics page.

One of the most common reasons for a team having a hiccup during the season in my experience is losing an influential player (esp. captain) to injury or because of a transfer - so watch out for that, especially if your squad dynamics dive because he was your only really professional and determined player (I tend towards signing determined/professional/ruthless players myself).

First of all love the game the only issue I have is when you start a save I normally go for England, Holland, South Africa, USA and then whatever league i'm starting in be it Germany, Italy or Spain, the problem I find is when you transfer list players and offer them to clubs you get loads of offers from English clubs and then within a matter of days the deals cancelled as the player can't get a work permit very frustrating.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, trueblue.85 said:

First of all love the game the only issue I have is when you start a save I normally go for England, Holland, South Africa, USA and then whatever league i'm starting in be it Germany, Italy or Spain, the problem I find is when you transfer list players and offer them to clubs you get loads of offers from English clubs and then within a matter of days the deals cancelled as the player can't get a work permit very frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll take a look into this as that shouldn't be occurring (obviously ;) ).

On 09/01/2022 at 04:32, Marc Vaughan said:

The way the game works - the displayed attributes include an influence from the hidden CA for any technical attribute, non-technical attributes aren't influenced by CA.

So a player with 20 pace might have a CA of 1 because its a physical attribute and not influenced by CA. A technical attribute is adjusted by the players CA and also by whether its considered a 'key' part of their game (ie. key attributes receive a small boost - so for example a 'poacher' might get a slight boost to their finishing) .

I'm not going to divulge the exact system used for obvious reasons - but that is the general 'gist' of it.

PS - In matches there are also other influences on player performances, for instance:
* Captain may influence the behavior of players, ie. the captain will influce the rest of the team according to their style - ie. a strong aggressive tackler will encourage that behavior in others etc.
* Certain coaches will help during matches - ie. motivational coaches may keep player morale more stable if the match goes against a team (Youth coaches will do this to a lesser extent for youth players).
* Overall coaching style of the club will affect the team slightly - ie. if you have all attacking coaches then it will influence the style of the team on the pitch slightly etc.
* Squad dynamics - these will influence the team on the pitch as noted on the squad dynamics page.

One of the most common reasons for a team having a hiccup during the season in my experience is losing an influential player (esp. captain) to injury or because of a transfer - so watch out for that, especially if your squad dynamics dive because he was your only really professional and determined player (I tend towards signing determined/professional/ruthless players myself).

Thanks for the detailed explanation - it's much appreciated!

I played the last iteration and this is just as addictive. I would say it's a little easier though. I started as Liverpool and 4 seasons in and I have won the quadruple 4 times. I never change my formation and I've managed to buy and develop 14 of the worlds top 20 wonderkids. 

My only problem with the game is that the opposition do not seem to strengthen / develop players in the same way that I do. 

It is a great game, but I have yet to attempt to sign a young prospect and have any competition for him. It's very easy to horde the best players, which basically means you are gonna continue your success for years to come. 

One issue I have noted is that players seem to lose their favourite club. Despite the above success and first team status, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott and others have lost Liverpool as their favoured club, they have never been unhappy and TAA is vice captain, so I'm a little confused 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, plliverpool said:

One issue I have noted is that players seem to lose their favourite club. Despite the above success and first team status, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott and others have lost Liverpool as their favoured club, they have never been unhappy and TAA is vice captain, so I'm a little confused 

I'll look into the prospect development and the loss of favorite club - thanks for mentioning those ..

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I'm finding this too. 

Any chance you can articulate where they are going astray in that regard? (I'll be trying to analyse and improve this myself - but I'm open to pointers and help).

Probably not the right thread but ive trawled and searched and can find nothing of help...

First year downloading the mibile version and im seriously hooked...Started a save as little Eastleigh and got offered the Saints job after a ropey previous season had left them in EFL Champ... Ive now cemented them in premier peague and qualified for Europa and got offered the England job.... now to my question

What file path do i need to use on my XML to show custom national badges as Ive tried creating a new folder called nations which didnt work. Ive also tried dropping them into the club logos and renaming the file path from 'nation' to 'club' and merging the 2 XMLs which still doesnt work. I have custome club and comp logos & kits loading but just cant sort this.

Im on IPad btw

Help greatly appreciated :)

**UPDATE**

For anybody out there looking how to get International team logos to display in FM Mobile - You need to change the XML code from 'nation' to 'team' and it will load them after reloading skin.

Enjoy... Spent 2 days trying to figure this out so you lot dont have to ;)

I’m not keen on the current Home Screen, i think it’s a backwards step. There’s far more information and less dead space on the previous edition Home Screen. Any chance we would be able to customise it or return to previous? 

Current:

9506D545-697B-4015-8681-F6D4F6FA6288.thumb.png.95c2e9d73d0c1d3c80d4b820ab3e9fe7.png