DaveX - Realistic & Stable 4231 plug&play (FM21.4 | ME 21.7.0)

image.thumb.png.0245331b1805e18e2020bf0ae53f912e.png

Second Season, same tactic (no tweaks whatsoever), and our performance was significantly better down in part to a youth signing for a goalkeeper last season that turned into our main goalkeeper in this season. 

Media Expectation: 18th (again)
Board Expectation: Top Half
Actual End Result: 7th, Euro Cup II qualification

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried the tactic with Hertha, my childhood club since 25 years and wow. Bayern and BVB were terrible but I didnt expect to become champions in one season. Defensively the tactic is astounding and offensively the team picks up steam as it gains morale and cohesion. DOF is responsible for transfers and he bought me Brais Mendez in the winter break who was tremendous as the Attacking Midfielder. Thanks Davy for this brilliant working and brilliant looking tactic which doesnt use strikerless nonsense. Results are seen below.

Schedule2.png

Schedule1.png

Key Game.png

Squad.png

Table.png

On 11/04/2021 at 07:52, aritra14 said:

Been using a version of this tactic in my long-term save, and it has done very well. Screenshots of the tactic and the results are attached. 

2.png

1.png

Do you use any player instructions and OI's for this? Have tried it here and there and it seems promising although the offense for me seems a bit rough.  I get tons of shots but not many clear cut chances...seems as if it could be more precise or something but your goals scored clearly indicate it is deadly. Just wondering what, if anything else, you did to this tactic? Thanks!

Per the OP's tactic, love it.  Have used it on a couple of saves where I felt like being more realistic and whatnot.  Really enjoyable. Thank you!

On 18/05/2021 at 06:04, Azza2306 said:

@DavyDepuydt1 How do you think it would go changing the W to an IF and one of the WB to FB?

You could do that, But I tried that and both offense and defense were a bit weaker in that case, using an IF also made my AF less important in terms of scoring and I like that one to be the main goal scorer. It will not ruin the tactic, but as far as plug&play goes, I would say it would be weaker than the original tactic

On 26/05/2021 at 21:02, lipebtavares said:

Could you say what are the main attributes that each player needs to have?

As I said in the opening post, there is nothing fancy about the players, the roles, the instructions (PI's) so they all play natural to the role selected in the tactic.

So whatever the game highlights as the Key attributes for each role/position are the main attributes you should look for.

On 12/05/2021 at 22:17, Consol Energetic said:

So I tried the tactic with Hertha, my childhood club since 25 years and wow. Bayern and BVB were terrible but I didnt expect to become champions in one season. Defensively the tactic is astounding and offensively the team picks up steam as it gains morale and cohesion. DOF is responsible for transfers and he bought me Brais Mendez in the winter break who was tremendous as the Attacking Midfielder. Thanks Davy for this brilliant working and brilliant looking tactic which doesnt use strikerless nonsense. Results are seen below.

Schedule2.png

Schedule1.png

Key Game.png

Squad.png

Table.png

Which skin is this pls?

Could you update the first post with the player instructions? Makes it easier to reference. 

Absolutely brilliant idea for a tactic and refreshing to see a competent one thats not based on exploits.

Seeing this tactic gave me the sudden urge to once again start with a new save. I was just wondering if one of the midfield positions could be replaced by an AP(S), especially the DLP and CM? Also in which position did you play Messi in your Barcelona test run?

Mixed thoughts on this one. With a side that was expected to finish in the top 6 results were insanely good up to around December when the wheels completely fell off without any obvious injury/fatigue issues. All of a sudden the defence became a lot more porous and by around February/March I was just about clinging to the prediction so needed to switch out for an OP 4-4-2 which I’d sooner not have done.

In the second season it’s been more consistent though in general I’m getting a good number of games where I’ll hit the woodwork 3+ times, miss sitters and get hit on the counter. Not really a flaw in the tactic though, FM does what FM does!

I'm confused, it's got shorter passing but aftrr using it my tactic preference says route one? Is this just the manager profile being buggy or am i missing something or messing up something?

12 hours ago, Andyprime said:

I'm confused, it's got shorter passing but aftrr using it my tactic preference says route one? Is this just the manager profile being buggy or am i missing something or messing up something?

I think this is just the manager profile being buggy, but I didn't had route one when playing with this one, although that is some time ago already.... took a bit of time off from the game ;)

33 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I think this is just the manager profile being buggy, but I didn't had route one when playing with this one, although that is some time ago already.... took a bit of time off from the game ;)

That's good to know, thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to make it tactic more solid defensively?  I am okay sacrificing a little bit of offence.  I want to be the best defensive team, even if it means i don't reach the boards goals for the season.

I just want to be like Diego Simeone in this game.  Any way you can upload a 4-4-2 version of this tactic to replicated Atletico Madrid?

Thanks 

On 20/06/2021 at 21:14, ta11zx said:

Is there any way to make it tactic more solid defensively?  I am okay sacrificing a little bit of offence.  I want to be the best defensive team, even if it means i don't reach the boards goals for the season.

I just want to be like Diego Simeone in this game.  Any way you can upload a 4-4-2 version of this tactic to replicated Atletico Madrid?

Thanks 

I'm afraid that's not how it works... you can make this a 4-4-2 and have most of the roles the same.... but it probably won't work out as plug&play as the original tactic. Maybe you will be better defensively, maybe not... you would have to try and tweak... 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

I going to give this a try in my FM19 save I just started last night with Ajax. The three best offensive midfielders are all left footed so i will mirror the tactic. Will let you know how it goes 😁

I forgot that there are no IW with FM19, what role would you suggest? An IF I guess🤔?

On 04/07/2021 at 11:39, Skywalk3r83 said:

I forgot that there are no IW with FM19, what role would you suggest? An IF I guess🤔?

Yes, you can do that, but my preferred option in that case would be to play with wingers on both sides

Best tactic i have used bar none.

Started unemployed with a national A qualification and sunday league footballer.

Was after Bolton job i waited and applied twice season 1, finally got it at third attempt with 4 games to go at end of season, ruthless board sacked managers 3 times

big challenge no money, no wages, Board threateniing to sack you if team falls out of playoffs.

Won league 2 first attempt

Promoted from 4th,  League 1, via playoffs (prediction 23rd battle relegation)

Present season in championship predicted 24th (battle relegation) currently in 8th with a 5/6/2 record.

I am so skint i am playing a promising 16yearold at aml and have another 16 yearold on bench. Board give you nothing and probably wont untll chairmens loan is paid off 500k a month until 2026, im enjoying the game, great tactic cheers.

The biggest bit of feedback is this...follow the pregame odds,

if you are an underdog set Cautious

if favourite set Positive

I have been using this tactic and have been having great success (albeit I am managing Celtic so expected to dominate).
I have changed the MCR to a BBM, the AMR to an IW (a), the CF to a DLF (s), and the AMC dropped down to AM (s).

One issue (not really an issue since I am still winning most games) is that the AML rarely scores or gets a rating of above 6.8. Whereas my AMR scores and performs well, often.

Any ideas as to why? I have talented players on the left side who are going to waste atm.

On 19/07/2021 at 21:03, mby92 said:

I have been using this tactic and have been having great success (albeit I am managing Celtic so expected to dominate).
I have changed the MCR to a BBM, the AMR to an IW (a), the CF to a DLF (s), and the AMC dropped down to AM (s).

One issue (not really an issue since I am still winning most games) is that the AML rarely scores or gets a rating of above 6.8. Whereas my AMR scores and performs well, often.

Any ideas as to why? I have talented players on the left side who are going to waste atm.

Ratings are really "flawed" this version, they revised how they do ratings, but clearly something is off (and probably won't be fixed because SI doesn't want to see there's an issue anymore).
You can have a world class AP playing in the AP role, lot's of assists & goals and have really bad ratings because his pass percentage is off a bit, and than you have a "nobody" doing 12 simple passes and don't contribute much, but he will get good ratings

Just popping in to confirm this tactic is great. I was running my own 4-2-3-1 on my Journeyman save to decent success, winning a few league titles and a champions league, until I took over Dortmund this season. My own 4-2-3-1 stopped working and I was sat in 12th place after 8 games on the verge of the sack. I popped this tactic into the team from Matchday 9 onwards and ended up winning the treble of German league, German cup and Europa League. This is with my main striker going on a horrid run of form not scoring for half the season too. Judging from other peoples results in here the striker isn't the tactics fault, he was just crap. Great tactic.

6 hours ago, Matto97 said:

Just popping in to confirm this tactic is great. I was running my own 4-2-3-1 on my Journeyman save to decent success, winning a few league titles and a champions league, until I took over Dortmund this season. My own 4-2-3-1 stopped working and I was sat in 12th place after 8 games on the verge of the sack. I popped this tactic into the team from Matchday 9 onwards and ended up winning the treble of German league, German cup and Europa League. This is with my main striker going on a horrid run of form not scoring for half the season too. Judging from other peoples results in here the striker isn't the tactics fault, he was just crap. Great tactic.

Nice 😃😃💪🏻💪🏻

I think it will work in FM22 too😁

Yeah i took over Ashleys personel cashcow Newcastle and tried this tactic, no signings first season and we somehow ended up at sixth. Goals came from all over, i think ASM was the best with like 10. I did change one of the mc-spots to a box to box, and the right midfielder to an inside forward on attack. Ashley sold the club, but i think the new owner is a Pig aswell. Pig btw is the  name of Nic Cage latest movie.

In the second season it felt like i needed some more variation so at the away games i switched the com to a dmc so yeah i 433. And with Leeds getting relegated After First season i had bought Ralphinha and Kalvin Phillips for cheap, so second season was marvelous, ended up 4th in the leauge. Wilson was amazing This season shoting 27 goals in all comps, and Phillips having 13 assists. Third season coming up and i have snatched yet again to amazing players from another relegated team, Graelish and Mings. So its looking Good, almost criminally  easy. 

7 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

Yeah i took over Ashleys personel cashcow Newcastle and tried this tactic, no signings first season and we somehow ended up at sixth. Goals came from all over, i think ASM was the best with like 10. I did change one of the mc-spots to a box to box, and the right midfielder to an inside forward on attack. Ashley sold the club, but i think the new owner is a Pig aswell. Pig btw is the  name of Nic Cage latest movie.

In the second season it felt like i needed some more variation so at the away games i switched the com to a dmc so yeah i 433. And with Leeds getting relegated After First season i had bought Ralphinha and Kalvin Phillips for cheap, so second season was marvelous, ended up 4th in the leauge. Wilson was amazing This season shoting 27 goals in all comps, and Phillips having 13 assists. Third season coming up and i have snatched yet again to amazing players from another relegated team, Graelish and Mings. So its looking Good, almost criminally  easy. 

Interesting tweak for the 433,so you switched the AM to a DM, and what role/duty did you gave him?

3 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Interesting tweak for the 433,so you switched the AM to a DM, and what role/duty did you gave him?

well i would prob say the omc got switched to mezzala attack on mc-spot, and Phillips deep playmaker mcspot got dragged down to dmc spot instead:) cheers Davy:)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mjcr3529 said:

Hi, great results for you there..... How long did it take the tactic to bed in and start working?

You need a good preseason with at least 6-8 matches so i guess if you’re going to use it for the first time during a season maybe like 5-6 matches. 

4 hours ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

You need a good preseason with at least 6-8 matches so i guess if you’re going to use it for the first time during a season maybe like 5-6 matches. 

Ahhh Okay thanks, I probably need to arrange more friendlies in my first season to get the tactic up to scratch before the season starts

Thanks for that

• 4 weeks later...

I did really well with this in my first year with Burnley finishing 5th but in the second year its not so great, at the end of the first season i lost about 5 of the last 6, then this season im 14th even though i have a better team than last year...

What annoys me most is our tactics get found out but the other teams just play the same formations year in year out LOL

On 03/09/2021 at 08:59, MagicHat said:

I did really well with this in my first year with Burnley finishing 5th but in the second year its not so great, at the end of the first season i lost about 5 of the last 6, then this season im 14th even though i have a better team than last year...

What annoys me most is our tactics get found out but the other teams just play the same formations year in year out LOL

My experience of this tactic across a number of teams is that the first season is actually the most difficult/inconsistent to bed it in, then afterwards the familiarity is high enough to tolerate player turnover. 

• 3 weeks later...

@luisanjao I'm using a slightly different tactic than the one in this topic.
I'm a little bit more succesful in the long run and I find the roles a bit better (BBM instead of generic CM) and the team instructions a bit more realistic (slight variant on the default gegenpress)

Here's what I'm using now (and have thoroughly tested with different teams at different levels):

NormalTac.fmf

image.png.a82ef268b7aa8c5b4d0f1a7ed9a83452.png

@Maxim26 move the AM - At to the CM slot and put him as Mez - At (both possible with original tactic or with this tweak) if you want a 433

6 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I'm a little bit more succesful in the long run and I find the roles a bit better (BBM instead of generic CM) and the team instructions a bit more realistic (slight variant on the default gegenpress)

Here's what I'm using now (and have thoroughly tested with different teams at different levels):

NormalTac.fmf 42.58 kB · 17 downloads

@Maxim26 move the AM - At to the CM slot and put him as Mez - At (both possible with original tactic or with this tweak) if you want a 433

What side will you have the mez winger side or IW? 

@DavyDepuydt1hi there, currently trying this on a Crystal Palace save.  I'm using a legends database, so all the teams are pretty good.  I have some very good young famous players - have used this tactic and so far have 6 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.  does it take a while for the attack to gel? and is your new tactic your preferred one now?

Edited by jdubsnz

On 30/09/2021 at 13:51, DavyDepuydt1 said:

NormalTac.fmf 42.58 kB · 35 downloads

So no PI’s anymore, what are the thoughts about that? Will give it a try😄👏🏻