DaveX - Realistic & Stable 4231 plug&play (FM21.4 | ME 21.7.0)

Hey mate, started a new save to test the tweaked version of the tactic. Great result first season with Valencia in the winter transfer update database, I won the league by a big margin and my under 19s went unbeaten winning every single game in their division. I didn't make any transfers besides selling two backup players who didn't play any games. 

20211016220957_1.thumb.jpg.64115d5f6d3cbce554d42415f8a4d75d.jpg

20211016221116_1.thumb.jpg.cfd939d534059741c9ca3524a9ed55f1.jpg20211016204744_1.thumb.jpg.eaac461edfb51346a0cc50a746094c94.jpg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/10/2021 at 01:31, Matto97 said:

Hey mate, started a new save to test the tweaked version of the tactic. Great result first season with Valencia in the winter transfer update database, I won the league by a big margin and my under 19s went unbeaten winning every single game in their division. I didn't make any transfers besides selling two backup players who didn't play any games. 

20211016220957_1.thumb.jpg.64115d5f6d3cbce554d42415f8a4d75d.jpg

20211016221116_1.thumb.jpg.cfd939d534059741c9ca3524a9ed55f1.jpg20211016204744_1.thumb.jpg.eaac461edfb51346a0cc50a746094c94.jpg

Great results mate, same question as above for the other user, I'm curious if you used any opposition instructions? (because I'm doing some tests with them)

7 minutes ago, xLiamReynoldsx said:

Do you think this would work with FM22 / If not, are you making a tactic for FM22? Thank you

I will try and do the same for FM22, creating a plug&play that is not looking like an abusive 99 team instructions tactic :D

I'm a bit afraid with the new stamina thing that this tactic will not work as good anymore.

I'm also afraid that other plug&play tactic creators will still offer full gegenpress tactics, as it will come out "great" in their testing, because most of them use freezing of attributes, morale and condition... which will obviously result in a "wrong" test result, because people don't play with condition freezing on and will suffer from the reworked stamina.

1 hour ago, Black Africa said:

No, no OI's plug and play. 4231 home, 4123 away, 4231 away to teams from relegation zone.

Good tactics Davy

I'm testing that 433 variant you've made, it's really impressive :) I think I like it even more than the 4231 :) 

4 hours ago, Black Africa said:

No, no OI's plug and play. 4231 home, 4123 away, 4231 away to teams from relegation zone.

Good tactics Davy

hi @Black Africacurrently playing with Sampdoria and interested in taking this approach.  Is this just the original tactic for the 4-2-3-1 and then your tweaked version in the screenshot for 4-1-2-3? thank you

17 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Great results mate, same question as above for the other user, I'm curious if you used any opposition instructions? (because I'm doing some tests with them)

No opposition instructions at all. Used the same tactic every match, only ever adjusted mentality to attacking when trailing some games to chase a late goal.

I've just finished another season with Schalke 04 experimenting with using the 4-1-2-3 with DM for away games and home games against big teams like Bayern and Dortmund, ended up getting champions league football in the first season which is very impressive considering how horrific they were in real life. Mark Uth had an insane season too.  Probably would of come second if I didn't have an insane injury crisis through January where I had 9 players out, forcing me to play some of the youth team.

20211020105246_1.thumb.jpg.802a73c51a4284fd8e51c246298c2436.jpg20211020112009_1.thumb.jpg.d94e54fc7cc7483cbecd14aed459cf30.jpg

11 hours ago, Matto97 said:

No opposition instructions at all. Used the same tactic every match, only ever adjusted mentality to attacking when trailing some games to chase a late goal.

I've just finished another season with Schalke 04 experimenting with using the 4-1-2-3 with DM for away games and home games against big teams like Bayern and Dortmund, ended up getting champions league football in the first season which is very impressive considering how horrific they were in real life. Mark Uth had an insane season too.  Probably would of come second if I didn't have an insane injury crisis through January where I had 9 players out, forcing me to play some of the youth team.

20211020105246_1.thumb.jpg.802a73c51a4284fd8e51c246298c2436.jpg20211020112009_1.thumb.jpg.d94e54fc7cc7483cbecd14aed459cf30.jpg

hi @Matto97is this the same tweaked version as @Black Africa? Currently playing with Sampdoria where we are sitting about 10th.  have started using this for the last 5 games which gave us 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, so pretty decent.  Only finding shifting from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 we are a bit toothless in attack?

14 hours ago, jdubsnz said:

hi @Matto97is this the same tweaked version as @Black Africa? Currently playing with Sampdoria where we are sitting about 10th.  have started using this for the last 5 games which gave us 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, so pretty decent.  Only finding shifting from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 we are a bit toothless in attack?

He has the mezzala on the side the winger is on instead of the inverted winger and has the wingback behind the inverted winger on attack so no, those are two differences between mine and his. I assume his version may give you some more goals due to the attacking wingback getting more involved but it may sacrifice some defensive stability. I find this setup to be a fair trade off from the 4-2-3-1, you sacrifice some offensive power for defensive stability, so it's up to you what you prioritise for that match and what formation you want to go with. 

16 hours ago, Footix said:

Tried using this for a while (I'm on FMT so no familiarity issues). I found that we often were very wasteful in front of goal, 16 shots but only 1-2 on target. Any ideas on what to tweak to avoid this from happening?

Work the ball in the box, but i typicamly avoid it because for me it makes the Striker less of the main goal scoring threat. And I personnaly like the Striker to be the main goal scorer

Finished running this for a season with Newcastle in the FM22 beta, finished 4th which is a good result but I feel like the tactic as a whole performed a lot worse then it did on FM21 with Schalke. I had a lot of red cards throughout the season from the get stuck in instruction, had 2 players sent off in one match even. Found that I was struggling for possession even with the high press and my players were getting very tired so I actually slightly modified the tactic on the 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 to higher line of engagement from very high at home and standard line of engagement away from home. I also turned off prevent short GK distribution as again my players were getting so tired. The fatigue in FM22 really is a killer. We fell apart in the last 2 months of the season and won 4 of our last 12 matches. Tactic might need some subtle tweaks for the new game from you @DavyDepuydt1 

3 hours ago, Thomas_Happy said:

Hi 

I'm going to test this one in FM22 with F.C. Andorra. 

I will use yours @DavyDepuydt1 and then @Black Africa tweaked version. 

I will post my results when I get through the first season

So after the first 11 games in the league we top of the table. 

I'm using @DavyDepuydt1 at home and then @Black Africa away and against big teams in the leauge. 

No IO. 

All games are played with Instant Result.

20211025173325_1.jpg

20211025173507_1.jpg

20211025173517_1.jpg

20211025173523_1.jpg

20211025173657_1.jpg

Edited by Thomas_Happy

• 4 weeks later...
Il 25/10/2021 in 17:40 , Thomas_Happy ha scritto:

Quindi dopo le prime 11 partite di campionato siamo in testa alla classifica. 

sto usando @DavyDepuydt1 a casa e poi @Africa nera in trasferta e contro le grandi squadre del campionato. 

No IO. 

Tutti i giochi sono giocati con Risultato Immediato.

Hi, could you share the tactics? I would like to try too :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/01/2022 at 09:57, Skywalk3r83 said:

Nice. Which one? From the OP?

On 22/01/2022 at 11:23, PeacemakerBR said:

Which one, @Matto97?

I'm using the updated one that the OP posted further into the thread and the modified 4-1-2-3 version that's been posted here a few times for games against big teams in the cups or tough away games.

I'm using this in fm 21 with Udinese.

I  changed it to a 4-4-1-1 and use the away version that @Black Africa created away from home. 

The reason I changed to 4-4-1-1 is because I wanted to emulate a FM story inspired by a Diego Simeone at Atletico. 

So far pretty good.  Very good defensive football.  I wanted to ask: to truly replicate a diego simeone story- I want to change this to a 4-4-2 with two strikers. 

Any recommendations on what role and PI for the second pairing striker?

Edited by ta11zx

57 minutes ago, ta11zx said:

I'm using this in fm 21 with Udinese.

I  changed it to a 4-4-1-1 and use the away version that @Black Africa created away from home. 

The reason I changed to 4-4-1-1 is because I wanted to emulate a FM story inspired by a Diego Simeone at Atletico. 

So far pretty good.  Very good defensive football.  I wanted to ask: to truly replicate a diego simeone story- I want to change this to a 4-4-2 with two strikers. 

Any recommendations on what role and PI for the second pairing striker?

I would have a striker with a support duty like a PF or DLF. Depends on the players you have. The support striker can link up with the midfield. 

3 hours ago, Skywalk3r83 said:

I would have a striker with a support duty like a PF or DLF. Depends on the players you have. The support striker can link up with the midfield. 

With a shoot less often PI? 

The AM in original tactic has this PI

• 1 month later...

You can easily use the tactic in the opening post. It is still working, just because the tactic is logical, well balanced and doesn't use any exploits. It should work in every FM to come. Maybe sometimes better, sometimes worse. But that's how a realistic tactic should look like. You can easily tweak it yourself in other roles or formations.

6 hours ago, Smiza said:

You can easily use the tactic in the opening post. It is still working, just because the tactic is logical, well balanced and doesn't use any exploits. It should work in every FM to come. Maybe sometimes better, sometimes worse. But that's how a realistic tactic should look like. You can easily tweak it yourself in other roles or formations.

Exactly! Use double IW, one on attack and one on support. The same goes with the WB’s in opposite side. And use a SS, works very well together with a PF on attack. 

Which one is the better tactic for FM22, the original one from the opening post or the one posted further by the maker with slightly different instructions and roles?

Edited by ednab

2 minutes ago, ednab said:

Which one is the better tactic for FM22, the original one from the opening post or the one posted further by the maker with slightly different instructions and roles?

For me it’s the original one.