Teams that produce majority foreign newgen players(Update: an actual spreadsheet)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In earlier FM's Lusitanos in Andorra always had portuguese youngsters, so you were able to build a worldclass-team with portuguese youngsters due they take the national youth rating from portugal, and not from andorra:brock: It was funny somehow but also not that realistic^^ Maybe something for the bug-forum too for players who like realism (me):D

Cheers

Daveincid

44 minutes ago, XaW said:

@OlivierL - Didn't you compile a list for the youth challenge?

Yes I posted a few other teams like :

Croatia Berlin - Germany - 6th tier - producing Croatian regens only

Caley Braves - Scotland - 5th tier - producing French regens only (played 10 seasons with them).

NK Pajde Möhlin - Switserland - 5th tier - producing Croatian regens only ( not a good choice because of the homegrown rule).

FC Kosova Zürich - Switserland - ?? tier - Producing Albanian or Kosovan regens.

Berwick - Scotland - 5th tier - producing a lot of English regens( they are located in England).

A. Braganca - Portugal - ?? tier - producing Capo Verdeans regens .

Afrika - Iceland - ?? tier - producing many Polish regens , not sure if this is still active.

Oslo City - Norway - ?? tier - produced many African regens but i think this is not the case anymore. I started a save with FC Romania and didn't see many Romanian regens anymore but this was on the beta.

I think that in lower tiers in England , Germany and France u have teams with Polish or brazilian regens but never tested that.

Merthyr - England - 7th tier - producing Welsh regens (located wales but playing in England).

Edited by OlivierL

Oslo City does not produce African newgens anymore. And it's quite correct, really. It's a team for the inner city (and have a lot of players with immigrant backgrounds, but not all, and does not differentiate there.

I played lower league in Iceland, and Afrika was there, but they had "no youth recruitment" so no newgens came through, so I don't know if they got in non-Icelandic youngsters. (Quite strange that they get in Polish players when you'd expect it to be more African youngsters? According to this older article, the team should get a "multi-national squad of players based around a core of African players alongside others from countries including Serbia, Portugal and Columbia." - quote from the article).

3 hours ago, UKFA said:

Is there any good way to do this with the editor? Could make for some nice background experiments in a save.

For the Caledonian braves all you would need to do in the editor is search Scottish league 2 then Select one of the teams in that league and hit swap and enter Caledonian braves. Is only moving 1 team between tier 4 & 5 so won’t need to make any other changes as it’s a natural progression. 

9 hours ago, UKFA said:

Is there any good way to do this with the editor? Could make for some nice background experiments in a save.

Pretty sure if you change the based nation (must be based nation - not nation) for a team to the country you want regens to appear from then it will produce them in game - So hypothetically if you took a premier league team and made them based in spain - it would produce spanish regens. This can only be done in pre game editor - not in game.

Edited by LC15

3 hours ago, LC15 said:

Pretty sure if you change the based nation (must be based nation - not nation) for a team to the country you want regens to appear from then it will produce them in game - So hypothetically if you took a premier league team and made them based in spain - it would produce spanish regens. This can only be done in pre game editor - not in game.

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

Sodertalje FK (Sweden) always produced a ton of Iraqi/Syrian/Turkish players. There might be another club or two in Sweden like that but I know it was Sodertalje for sure. I think they're one division below playable now but you might be able to get them after holidaying a season.

edit: a more obvious one. Turkgucu (German 3 Liga) produces Turkish players

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 21/01/2021 at 22:10, Chris Hamilton said:

Caledonian Braves in the Scottish Lowland league (tier5) seem to have a French Link and will bring through french players if promoted to a playable league.

Yes that is what i said :) i played with them on FM20 , +- 10 seasons.

Concerning FC Romania i did a new trial with database from Timo (9th tier England) :

They are still producing Romanian regens.

fe905316d1a1d0eba33f4a9313d2bf2f.png

4 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Sodertalje FK (Sweden) always produced a ton of Iraqi/Syrian/Turkish players. There might be another club or two in Sweden like that but I know it was Sodertalje for sure. I think they're one division below playable now but you might be able to get them after holidaying a season.

edit: a more obvious one. Turkgucu (German 3 Liga) produces Turkish players

Assyriska should too, they are a team formed by and for Assyrian expats in Sweden. Assyrians are basically a Christian Orthodox community in Iraq. Strangely, there's two Assyrian teams in Sweden, and the rivalry is apparently very heated!

9 hours ago, UKFA said:

Assyriska should too, they are a team formed by and for Assyrian expats in Sweden. Assyrians are basically a Christian Orthodox community in Iraq. Strangely, there's two Assyrian teams in Sweden, and the rivalry is apparently very heated!

As I Swede, I am ashamed that I forgot about them

5 minutes ago, Chris Hamilton said:
12 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Yes that is what i said :) i played with them on FM20 , +- 10 seasons.

Ah so you did! 
How far through the Scottish leagues did you manage to progress to? 

This was the fact file :)

b15d5c437f9e32eca808fdaa1cb55dfa.jpg

649a10719af6b34cfe782e78075e3821.png

This was my legend

b32ac16ba7f5970554bd8d74acfc4fdc.jpg

Edited by OlivierL

1 minute ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

@OlivierL Was there a reason for why you "only" did 10 seasons?

This was actualy my record since FM16 haha :)

It was diffucult to get my finances right and it was time for something else. But i'm tempted to start again in Scotland (Berwick with English regens) or Caley Braves . but for the youth only challenge (u have to holiday one season) it was very very hard to get them as promoted team. Berwick is no problem.

I could use a custom database and start from day one ..

You could also try to resurrect Gretna, which was kind of an irl FM experiment.

I'm doing a background experiment in my FM17 Ghana save (I want to try to win AFCON then see how far I get in the World Cup 2018). I've set up Heart of Midlothian as the senior affiliate to Hearts of Oak and Hearts of Lions (Ghana), Heartland FC (Nigeria), and Real Hearts (SA). I've got all the African leagues loaded anyway for the African Cup of Nations. I'm not sure if it will have much effect, possibly just a few youth players going to the club.

4 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

As I Swede, I am ashamed that I forgot about them

As well you ought to be sir, as well you ought to be!! Just kidding, they're pretty obscure lower division teams I think. I live in Scotland and this is the first I've heard of the Caledonian Braves. For those interested, there's two Assyrian teams, Assyriska and Syrianska, and a team formed by Kurds. I find this stuff really interesting, a club with ties to a different nation. We arguably have that with Celtic FC as well, the name, colours, and history all closely linked to Ireland. Shows how bad Scottish football is when our most successful club is Irish :D

17 minutes ago, UKFA said:

You could also try to resurrect Gretna, which was kind of an irl FM experiment.

I'm doing a background experiment in my FM17 Ghana save (I want to try to win AFCON then see how far I get in the World Cup 2018). I've set up Heart of Midlothian as the senior affiliate to Hearts of Oak and Hearts of Lions (Ghana), Heartland FC (Nigeria), and Real Hearts (SA). I've got all the African leagues loaded anyway for the African Cup of Nations. I'm not sure if it will have much effect, possibly just a few youth players going to the club.

As well you ought to be sir, as well you ought to be!! Just kidding, they're pretty obscure lower division teams I think. I live in Scotland and this is the first I've heard of the Caledonian Braves. For those interested, there's two Assyrian teams, Assyriska and Syrianska, and a team formed by Kurds. I find this stuff really interesting, a club with ties to a different nation. We arguably have that with Celtic FC as well, the name, colours, and history all closely linked to Ireland. Shows how bad Scottish football is when our most successful club is Irish :D

Tell me more ? :) 

Maybe u heard about Edusports ? that was the former club / name before fans voted for 'Caley Braves' .

Edited by OlivierL

11 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Tell me more ? :) 

Basically a lower league club called Gretna FC got a sugardaddy who financed their ascent to the Scottish premier League. Then they went bust, got relegated, then folded soon after. The fans created a phoenix club, 'Gretna 2008', they should still be around somewhere, just waiting for a sugardaddy to bring them back to life.. And of course they'd need a determined manager to help them there!
Gretna is a small town near the border. It was famous for English couples who wanted to get married without their parents permission, the laws in Scotland allowed that so they went across the border to Gretna. It's still used as a bit of a trope, "we'll elope to Gretna". The club actually started off in the English leagues then joined the Scottish league. For that reason some fans of other clubs hated them, as there is a general animosity to all things English up here. Added to this was the fact it's seen as unsporting to simply pump a load of money into a club and win that way, rather than through more organic means. Though some also regarded them as a great success story. As a fan of Heart of Midlothian living in Glasgow at the time, I was surprised by the fact that pretty much everyone (rangers and celtic fans alike) wanted Gretna to beat Hearts in the cup final.

36 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Maybe u heard about Edusports ? that was the former club / name before fans voted for 'Caley Braves' .

I'd never heard of them, but that's really interesting! Maybe one day FM will take these types of training camps into account somehow. Eg if you manage Argentina, and you set up your youth training academy in Uruguay, it has some effect on that region or nation.

17 minutes ago, UKFA said:

Basically a lower league club called Gretna FC got a sugardaddy who financed their ascent to the Scottish premier League. Then they went bust, got relegated, then folded soon after. The fans created a phoenix club, 'Gretna 2008', they should still be around somewhere, just waiting for a sugardaddy to bring them back to life.. And of course they'd need a determined manager to help them there!
Gretna is a small town near the border. It was famous for English couples who wanted to get married without their parents permission, the laws in Scotland allowed that so they went across the border to Gretna. It's still used as a bit of a trope, "we'll elope to Gretna". The club actually started off in the English leagues then joined the Scottish league. For that reason some fans of other clubs hated them, as there is a general animosity to all things English up here. Added to this was the fact it's seen as unsporting to simply pump a load of money into a club and win that way, rather than through more organic means. Though some also regarded them as a great success story. As a fan of Heart of Midlothian living in Glasgow at the time, I was surprised by the fact that pretty much everyone (rangers and celtic fans alike) wanted Gretna to beat Hearts in the cup final.

seems very nice , i'll check this. 

Doubting between Caley Braves , Berwick, maybe something like Gretna or starting in Andorra lowest tier.

7 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

seems very nice , i'll check this. 

Doubting between Caley Braves , Berwick, maybe something like Gretna or starting in Andorra lowest tier.

On that theme, check Zealands channel, he's doing a save with Oriental Dragons, which is a Chinese-owned team in the lower leagues of Portugal. They have a club vision which includes bringing in Chinese players. I'm not sure, but In suspect they will generate Chinese or 2nd nationality Chinese newgens as well.

7 minutos atrás, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon disse:

How exactly do they get Romanian regens then? It's not because they have a 'based nation' difference?

image.thumb.png.ee6d4af73c61939811b9484cd45f0cf8.png

They are hardcoded in the database to get dual nationality newgens, though you can emulate that with a city that has a foreign "local region" set in the pre-game FM Editor

3 minutes ago, shimera said:

They are hardcoded in the database to get dual nationality newgens, though you can emulate that with a city that has a foreign "local region" set in the pre-game FM Editor

So say for example I wanted to get some Russian newgens at Chelsea occasionally, I would create a new city, put its local region as a Russian region like Siberia or something, and its nation as England? EDIT: and of course set Chelseas location to this new cty

Edited by UKFA
clarification

3 minutos atrás, UKFA disse:

So say for example I wanted to get some Russian newgens at Chelsea occasionally, I would create a new city, put its local region as a Russian region like Siberia or something, and its nation as England? EDIT: and of course set Chelseas location to this new cty

From my experience that would make most newgen players dual nationals (English/Russian)

Just holidayed one season with Caley Braves (database from Timo) : 

In my ten seasons with them on FM20 , they only had french regens (one or two from marroco) and some second African nationalities .

Now i see a good mix from Scottish and French regens:

5d99661e04bb2741ac897d5519f8f107.png

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

In my ten seasons with them on FM20 , they only had french regens (one or two from marroco) and some second African nationalities .

5d99661e04bb2741ac897d5519f8f107.png

It might have to do with Brexit(IDK if Scotland have the same 17 foreign player limit that England has since I never have them loaded)

13 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

That seems to be the case in real life too, I suspect they have squad rules for foreign players in the league.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caledonian_Braves_F.C.#Current_squad

On 18/01/2021 at 19:15, Daveincid said:

In earlier FM's Lusitanos in Andorra always had portuguese youngsters, so you were able to build a worldclass-team with portuguese youngsters due they take the national youth rating from portugal, and not from andorra:brock: It was funny somehow but also not that realistic^^ Maybe something for the bug-forum too for players who like realism (me):D

Cheers

Daveincid

Just checked this. The team now calls Lusitans FC and they play in the third tier. Andorra custom database have 2 tiers with no relegation so they aren't playable.

They seem to get some Portugese guys :) 

23 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Just checked this. The team now calls Lusitans FC and they play in the third tier. Andorra custom database have 2 tiers with no relegation so they aren't playable.

They seem to get some Portugese guys :) 

Thank you:thup:

Other possibilities (but I haven't checked them)
Palestino in Chile, may produce Palestinian nationality players as the club is associated with Chilean Palestinians
Cyprus - some clubs are associated with Greek players, and others with Turkish
LAFC and Inter Miami - it may be that these teams and other MLS teams produce a high number of latino second nationalities due to the demographics

20 minutes ago, UKFA said:

Other possibilities (but I haven't checked them)
Palestino in Chile, may produce Palestinian nationality players as the club is associated with Chilean Palestinians
Cyprus - some clubs are associated with Greek players, and others with Turkish
LAFC and Inter Miami - it may be that these teams and other MLS teams produce a high number of latino second nationalities due to the demographics

Good shouts about Palestino and the MLS teams, unfortunately it yielded zero results :(

56 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I love this thread not only for the FM-value, but I have not heard of some of these clubs in real life and love hearing about them and their community ties!

54 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

This isn't the first topic about this kind of teams but this seems the most active one ! i like it  :) 

Cheers lads, it means a lot

• 2 months later...