[FM21] Manchester United: A club stuck in transition

BigV

10 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

Damn. Still strange, they're 7th and he should be looking to move. (he is open to discussing, just when I pay a transfer fee, but not on a free transfer. Gah)

Also, basis what I was reading in the Data Update thread, both Telles and Cavani will get a slight downgrade for the full version of the game, as they seem and perform a bit too good than normal.

Give it a little more time, he may start getting disruptive. I don't think I agreed to sign him until like the end of February or maybe even into April. Telles and Cavani have bother performed a bit better than expected, though I don't know how much of a nerf they should really get.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Garay on trial and he show up very well in pre season. I sell Rojo and wiht Jones and Tuanzebe injured for couple of months I just want someone with experience and for free. Kristofer Ajer from Celtic was good on couple of FMs, and I bring him for 12mil£-he is young, tall, can play numerous of position. As many of you thinking to sell Lindelof after first season.

Also if you looking for backup DC Matthias Ginter from BMG is very good and you can get him for under 10mil£. 

Still in pre season have problems with selling players. Agree with Roma 13mil for Lingard and even talk to him to speed up contract negotiation but still nothing. Rojo to Milan for only 9mil but I won't pay part of his 110k wage. Mata, TFM, Romero are in groups of players that I try to sell but nothing happen. Just a loan offers.

6 hours ago, Sherkey said:

I'm in a 4-2-4 and van de Beek is decent in a 2. He isn't anything exceptional for me, and honestly, could sell him in Season 2 or 3. 

How are people getting Donnarumma to sign on a free? I'm in January and he doesn't even want to discuss a pre-contract with me (although he is interested if I make a transfer offer, so I reckon it could be a bug). Did get Pogba to sign a new contract though, so that's good.

Shaw has been pretty bad as a Wing back on support, and I may honestly look to offload him (despite being English and HGC). Considering who to get in place of him, wanted someone English, but unlikely there's any good young LB available. (well, maybe Jamal Lewis, but dunno if Newcastle will let him leave cheaply). Not too big a fan of using Williams on the left, but push comes to shove, may have to do that to accommodate Dalot/Laird).

Marcus Edwards is an excellent shout, thanks to folks over here. He had slipped my notice, may look to get him. My defence is mostly set with Skriniar (and Lindelof to partner him). Was looking at Kimpembe to play on the left, lets see. Considering Yusuf Demir as a striker to rotate (for next season) while trying to see if Dybala would be interested.

Offloading Fred, Bailly, one of Jones/Maguire, Shaw in the new season (along with mostly letting Cavani and MAta's contract run down). As of now top of the league, hopefully that means if I finish there,  I get a decent budget in the second season.

Donnarumma wouldn't discuss a pre-contract with me either, said he wanted to keep his options open until closer to the end of his contract. I kept checking every month or so and eventually in May he has willing to discuss a contract with me.

Best possible tactic for Donnarumma is to bid him for lower price and make him nervous that Milan doesn't aloes him to leave to club that is playing Champions League. I try that with Camavinga and Rennes put him on transfer list, although he is on 72mil release clause  :rolleyes:

I often get into new editions of FM with United - they're a fun team, lots of talent here but equally quite a bit that I can get rid of, and they start with a reasonable transfer budget. My normal preference is to use a 4-1-4-1 formation, which might not be using Bruno at his best but hopefully he's good enough to star in central midfield (where he's viewed by the game as a natural, but still my feeling is he's even better as an AMC). 

Lots of things to work on. Dalot's loan move to Milan means there is a gap at right-back behind Wan-Bissaka - I'm a fan of Ethan Laird but I don't think he's ready yet. The youngster goes on loan to Derby. I bring in former Newcastle 'fave' Davide Santon, and there are two reasons for this. One - he's cheap at £2.8m. Two - I've been playing this game easily long enough to remember Santon as a very hot prospect at Inter and a must-buy on older editions of FM. Maybe he's going to become good sometime, right? More seriously, whilst I've paid good money for Santon the plan is to use Dalot and AWB here after this season.

Defensive midfield - no real naturals. Matic is unconvincing in all the DM roles, quite apart from being a bit past it and I don't think you can consider Fred or McTominay to be capable of ruling this crucial position. FM20 favourite Lucas Leiva comes in, presumably perma-listed by Lazio and now available for a cheap as chips £4.9m. If we can squeeze one good year out of him then that will be money well spent. I've also drafted in his apprentice - Lewis Cook has joined from Bournemouth for £31m. The idea is to have a year where Lucas dominates the position before handing over the keys, at which point it might be time to bring in a much younger partner - Camavinga would be preferred; Bennacer, Tonali and Rice are on the radar.

There's no real need to add any talent to central midfield, especially as Cook is equally comfortable here as he is to DM, but I can't resist signing another favourite from the last two editions - Roma's Lorenzo Pellegrini, who can be acquired for £19.5m and for me is worth it at twice the price. This could very well give me one of the best midfields in the game - Pogba (around whom the team is built), Fernandes, Van de Beek, McTominay and now Enzo. So many options...

Right wing is a real problem position. There are no natural starters save perhaps Greenwood, and only an idiot would entrust an important attacking role to an 18 year old. Mata and Lingard can fill in, but neither convince, and I don't see Dan James as the answer to any question on the right. Little choice but to sign a couple of players, and once again I dip into the grab-bag of past glories and snap up Kingsley Coman (£32.5m from Bayern) and activate the £19.5m buy-back clause to reignite Old Trafford's love affair with Adnan Januzaj

Sold or otherwise doled out are:

• Sergio Romero - no need for him to be here with Henderson back in the side; joins Wolfsburg for £4.9m.
  • Lee Grant - for even more obvious reasons than Romero; now at NYCFC after a £250,000 deal.
  • Juan Mata - time to remove him from the wage bill, and besides no one has need for players who are so nice, so he goes to Zenit for £4.7m.
  • Brandon Williams - over time I see him replacing Luke Shaw, who's a player I've always found to be highly frustrating. For this season he's on loan at Ajax.
  • Marcos Rojo - does anyone keep him? £12m to Monaco.
  • Jesse Lingard - £16m to Ajax, the deal cushioned because Januzaj's arrival maintains the high number of homegrown players at United. For me, someone who's proven to have peaked at a level that's below where he should be within a set-up like ours. Soz.
  • Fred - on loan with AZ, best I could do with a player I find to be wholly unconvincing.
  • Nemanja Matic - on loan with Valencia ahead of a £7.35m mandatory fee.

This season is one to bring in my kinds of players and deal out some of the deadwood. I'd also lose Phil Jones but his injury probably keeps him safe until January. I raise some additional funds by making Champions League qualification a requirement, but really I'd like to be contesting for the league title. Longer term objectives are:

1. Bring in a hulk of a defender - Koulibaly is tempting but my remaining budget is little over £24m and I can't afford him. 
  2. Replace Cavani, and possibly Martial also if his FM20 form spills over into this game. In the last edition the striker's role became the shared responsibility of Greenwood and Haaland, and something similar this time around would be ideal.
  3. Increase the English/homegrown presence. This isn't a major issue at Old Trafford but it's what I like to have. This summer's transfers are a case of needs must, but over time the squad will become more homegrown.

Squad for 2020/21 (starters underlined):

GK: De Gea, Henderson

DR: Santon, Wan-Bissaka

DL: Shaw, Telles

DCR: Bailly, Lindelof

DCL: Jones, Maguire, Tuanzebe

DM: Cook, Lucas

MCR: Bruno, Pellegrini, Van de Beek

MCL: Pogba, McTominay

AMR: Coman, Januzaj

AML: James, Rashford

SC: Cavani, Greenwood, Martial

Best of luck to everyone, I'll check back for updates!

8 minutes ago, Falahk said:

Santon is such a strange choice, then again I probably have some real life bias towards him, he have been absolutely dreadful for us whenever I have seen him play, not good enough for a top half side in serie a 

2 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

I would laugh at Santon but I signed Jack Wilshere :lol:

Ha ha very true - I told my United supporting mate at work about signing Santon and for a moment I thought he was going to order me to leave them alone! In my defence, there's no scenario in which he's a long-term acquisition and he will only play as necessary e.g. he's probably figure in our Carabao game against Sunderland. 

Jack Wilshere - *sigh* he could have been a contender. He's like the Joe Cole of the 2010s, the much-hyped England hopeful who never amounted to the sum of his potential. See also Theo Walcott.

1 hour ago, Harryseaess said:

For CB, Romagnoli is available on my save at the start of the second transfer window for £17.5m, could definitely be worth a look at for a different CB option.

Solid replacemnt for maguire imo, bit quicker just less aggressive, for that much i'd take him in a heart beat- could get better though just for alot more 

First season finished second behind Liverpool, and one point above City. But I won the champions league! I kid you not, not cheating (like playing games over again etc). 

What i've discovered is sort of a bug where through passes are overpowered. So Utd have alot of fast forwards, and combining this with some very creative players like Bruno and Pogba, I have set the line of engagement to much higher. I then play a high defensive line. aside from this, the high pressing, counter-press, counter..etc -tactic of FM20 still work a bit too good. 

Buys first window:

Wilfred Ndidi - 58m, Andrea Papetti 2.1m, Matias Palacios 3.5m

January: Romagnoli 19m (he was unhappy)

Summer 21: Maddison 53M, Sancho 79M, Donnarumma free, Szoboszlai 16.25M

First window i sold (I probably could have gotten more): Mata 1M, Romero 3.8M, Grant, Rojo 7.5M, 

I tried to get rid of alot of dead weight. But no one wants DeGea, Jones or James. Looks like i'm stuck with them. The rest I luckily got rid of after the season(and paid part of wages for): Lindeløf, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Chong, Pereira,   

Ndidi has been an incredible player for me as CM with defend and hard tackling.  Telles as a complete wingback too. Seems the injuries have been lowered this beta, as i have been fairly lucky in this regard (although i rotate alot).

Edited by V3ntricity

I couldn't shift Jones, offered him mutual termination and he was happy and didn't want any payoff. Won't get any transfer fee in for him obviously but he proved impossible to sell and was worth binning to save £100k a week or whatever.

14 hours ago, Billy0810 said:

I’ve sold Shaw to Roma so I’ve got Telles and Nuno Mendes on the left and Wan Bissaka and Williams on the right. Laird doesn’t seem that good on my save and tbh I’d completely forgot about Dalot. He’s just sat in my reserves think I’ll probs sell him in January if I can. There’s Jurado as well in the academy who looks promising

Telles is amazing in game. 

I was looking at Mendes as well as initial backup and later replacement for Telles, but didn't have the funds at that moment and City snapped him up for the release clause, which I would've paid as well. Just couldn't get rid of the deadwood to get some funds in. 

Laird is a decent emergency player for both full back positions. He won't get to the required level to be a starting player, but you need emergency backups for when some kind of injury crisis or something else happens. Dalot can do that as well, but he's earning more, too much probably for such a role.

Will start my Utd save properly next week when new laptop arrives but interested to hear people’s opinions on laird. If it wasn’t for injuries then I would expect him to be in the squad as he showed more promise than Williams in the under 23s. Perhaps that hasn’t been reflected in this years fm

I honestly think Laird is pretty good. I like using Williams on the right, so might have to loan out Laird to help him improve and reach his potential, and then evaluate.

As of now, to me, he definitely seems on par with (or better than) Dalot. So, for the first time since he transferred to United, I'm considering selling Dalot early.

image.thumb.png.acbb38ec590206d398bb6c760a815671.png

For a left-footed CB, Romagnoli is surprisingly cheap. I reckon his stats have also been reduced slightly (on par with his RL performances). Shame, but to me, Lindelof seems a better option. I'm considering primping for Kimpembe (he seems like a beast and is left-footed), while having english backups in Tuanzebe and Jones (want to sell Maguire). However, I've never found it to matter too much (I use Skriniar on the left, and he regularly makes passes to the LB, so dunno)

Anyone signed Camavinga on this game yet? Thinking I’m going to sign him at the end of my second season. Not sure who else to sign as I don’t want to block any youngsters.

I’m struggling to fit Pellistri in because Diallo is performing so well at the moment. Might loan him out for the next season while I work out what to do with him. Going to try and get my money back for Neymar. Into February now he’s got 3 goals and 1 assist

And is it just me or are all the youth team players really good. Struggling to fit all the young players in. Hugills got 8 goals for me so far this season mainly coming off the bench. Look out for Kambwala too he looks amazing already. Think I’m going to try and make him and Mengi my first choice partnership. 

37 minutes ago, Billy0810 said:

And is it just me or are all the youth team players really good. Struggling to fit all the young players in. Hugills got 8 goals for me so far this season mainly coming off the bench. Look out for Kambwala too he looks amazing already. Think I’m going to try and make him and Mengi my first choice partnership. 

The club have done really well in youth recruitment the last summer or 2.

Shame not as much effort has gone into the 1st team.

20 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

@Tee2

I was looking for Coman but I think that 240k£ weekly is way to much for him. Is he that good in your save?

Not so good yet (it's early days), and the wages would be prohibitive at any other club, but I'm hoping that he will come good.

On 14/11/2020 at 15:27, Chapman7 said:

Not a fan of Laird? 

Aarons is a better player now and has more potential than Laird. Another option is maximize Williams (bigger potential rating by staff) at RB and begin a serch for one new LB (Nuno Mendes, maybe). 

5 hours ago, Billy0810 said:

Anyone signed Camavinga on this game yet? Thinking I’m going to sign him at the end of my second season. Not sure who else to sign as I don’t want to block any youngsters.

I’m struggling to fit Pellistri in because Diallo is performing so well at the moment. Might loan him out for the next season while I work out what to do with him. Going to try and get my money back for Neymar. Into February now he’s got 3 goals and 1 assist

I'm thinking between Camavinga and Florentino as DM. Maybe Rice, but don't know yet. 

I am loving fm this year :) In the first January transfer window unbeaten playing a attacking 442

Done a lot of transfer bidness 

Romero went to real for 2.5

I focused on CBS i got skriniar and gimenez i bought them both for roughly 50 mill each with add ons and fees  soon as I did that i thought that's my cb backs done for the next 6-7 years i liked the fact they was the same age. I thought about signing younger cbs but wanted 2 world class ones. I sold slab head to inter for 29.5 he was a pain in the ass to get rid of had to slag him off constantly .  Eric bailly went to A.C Millan  for 7.5. Fosu mensha i sold for 3.5 but with a buy back option if he develops. Rojo also went to A.C Milan for 8.5 was shocked i got so much for him. Lindelof gone to arsenal in Jan for 28.5 he was unhappy about his game time so decided to sell. I started training Scott Mctominay as a CB. 

In midfield sold mata to wolves for 4.3, jessie to napoli for 8 million matic to valencia for 4 million only midfield signing was ndidi 60 million hes one I regret signing i had planed to play him as a dm but with me going for a 442 not much space for him but hes been a solid back up.

In attack signed sancho ofc :) he cost 92 million i signed depay as a rotation option for 17 million but played 3 games and broke his ankle and signed haaland In jan board gave me extra funds in Jan about 32 million asked if they would sign me him and they agreed.

Trying to get donnarumma on a free and milik i dont have much plans for milik other then to sell him after a season for hopefully a decent amount.

Lasty in the process of selling fred hes not been playing 2 clubs for china come in for him at 24 million and trying to sell dan james hes been poor.

Has cavani been amazing for anyone else hes got 18 goals in 11 starts for me 8 in 4 in the champions league and he had a injury missed 3 or 4 weeks. Greenwood been very good for me 2. I have found martial to be very hit or miss.

Edited by moomoomoo

14 hours ago, Tee2 said:

Right wing is a real problem position. There are no natural starters save perhaps Greenwood, and only an idiot would entrust an important attacking role to an 18 year old. Mata and Lingard can fill in, but neither convince, and I don't see Dan James as the answer to any question on the right. Little choice but to sign a couple of players, and once again I dip into the grab-bag of past glories and snap up Kingsley Coman (£32.5m from Bayern) and activate the £19.5m buy-back clause to reignite Old Trafford's love affair with Adnan Januzaj

Well call me an idiot because I've left Greenwood as the starter on right wing and haven't been disappointed so far in the season. Could use some more assists but his goal return makes up for it.

greenwood.thumb.png.e2953c2c5fb89d72d71d472e4527c046.png

1 hour ago, RazorsEdge said:

Well call me an idiot because I've left Greenwood as the starter on right wing and haven't been disappointed so far in the season. Could use some more assists but his goal return makes up for it.

greenwood.thumb.png.e2953c2c5fb89d72d71d472e4527c046.png

I honestly don't see the issue starting Greenwood from the 1st season as he's even more developed now than he was at the beginning of FM20. I actually enjoy giving younger players chances, if they are good enough then I don't worry about their age. As the saying goes, "If you're good enough, you're old enough".

Has anyone played with Garner in the second season? How does he fare? I'm considering selling van de Beek and replacing him with Almada (on loan currently) and Garner. Garner and van de Beek have similar stats for a DLP, so it should be okay, I reckon.

16 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

Has anyone played with Garner in the second season? How does he fare? I'm considering selling van de Beek and replacing him with Almada (on loan currently) and Garner. Garner and van de Beek have similar stats for a DLP, so it should be okay, I reckon.

I intend to give Garner game time like I was willing to on FM20, just hope I get lucky with his random potential if it's indeed random this year. I usually check the ratings in the pre game editor but I'm setting myself the challenge of not doing it at all this year.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

22 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

We was doing alright for me in 2021 until he got an achilles injury that's kept him out for a number of months. 16 appearances, 2 goals and 3 assists. Not lighting the world up, but I don't really need him to with Bruno and VdB around and he's only 20 anyway.

22 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

For CB, Romagnoli is available on my save at the start of the second transfer window for £17.5m, could definitely be worth a look at for a different CB option.

Romagnoli is ideal for a left sided centre back. I had him in fm20 and he was immense. He looks just as good in FM21.

Have to say, I've found life pretty easier with United so far.

Just started my second season.  Won PL (losing 1 games), CL (beating Real Madrid 4-0 in the final) and Carabao Cup first season.  Lost in the FA Cup Final.  Martial was an absolute beast all season, scoring 28 goals.  Cavani also got more than 20 despite mostly being a sub.

Signed Sancho and Manuel Locatelli in the first window, then managed to get Camavinga in January as he was unhappy.

This summer signed Donnarumma (free), Haaland, Nuno Mendes (unfortunately had to sell Telles as he wanted a new challenge) and Boubacar Kamara.

So far this season I've won every game and am averaging about 3 goals a game.  Haaland scoring more than 1 a game.

Obviously it's fun to win, but I had hoped to have a bit of a challenge to get to this point.  Liverpool and City were both miles off the pace last season, although City signed Joao Felix for £300m in the summer (and a few other players, somehow), whilst Liverpool bought Sergej and Lautaro, so maybe they'll both be competent this time around

Hi everyone... a big write-up here on some incredible success I've had in season one with my team, Manchester United.

I've actually found it all a bit too easy... particularly with a couple of tried and tested tactics from FM20 which seem to dominate the match engine, and with a few big signings in key areas (RCB, RM, DM).

TACTICS

I'll hold my hands up to being rubbish at developing tactics myself, have never had the knack, so I've often relied on the forum here to use some interesting-looking formations. The two I used most in FM20 are TeaForOne 4321 and Knap's 451 PreachingBlues. They have worked wonders for me in the FM21 beta.

The reason I wanted to primarily use TeaForOne 4321 is because I needed a formation that would allow me to get Pogba, Van de Beek and Fernandes all in the same team and it's worked well.

spacer.png

Alternatively, I would switch sometimes to the 451 in tough away games or if I needed to rest one of those three midfielders and bring in a DM such as McTominay or my January signing Kimmich. It also allowed me to play Rashford and Sancho in their natural positions rather than their accomplished ones.

spacer.png

TRANSFERS

As we know, there's a lot of deadwood at the club and I wanted rid of them all even if it mean accepting bids way below asking price. The rebuild needed as much in the kitty as possible. Sancho and Skriniar were my two main targets... I asked the board to get Sancho for me and they took over the deal, and it was done rapidly. It left my with next to nothing left in my budget but once I started getting players out of the door, it allowed me to get Skriniar and one or two others.

Otavio was a punt as he looked pretty exciting, versatile, and was available cheap as his deal was running out. He's been really good for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - one player I missed out was Mata who I sold for £6.5m but had to cover half his wage.

I spent all my budget in the summer window but by the time January came around, I was exceeding expectations in the league and the board offered me another £45m which I increased to around £55m based on revised season expectations of making a title challenge. With Fred out the door to Tottenham for £19m, it allowed me to get a few more players in. I like Christensen as he counts as home grown, can do the ball-played centre back role well as backup to Maguire/Skriniar and has high potential which he's yet to reach. He was listed for £23m and I got that done for only around £5m up front. Towards the end of the window, I had around £55m left in the kitty and thought sod it, I'll tweak the wage budget a bit to allow myself to activate Kimmich's minimum release clause of £65m. A big outlay but United's squad depth at DM and RB is poor and he can start or cover in both positions. 

spacer.png

Also worth noting a little French regen I'm delighted to have agreed a deal on from PSG, he'll be worth the wait.

spacer.png

RESULTS

It's all been very plain sailing. One defeat all season and that was in a dead rubber Champions League group game where I played the kids having already won the group.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A couple of examples of the different dominating tactics doing the business...

spacer.png

spacer.png

SQUAD

With six weeks of the season left, and a possible quadruple on the horizon (WBA in the FA Cup semi-final and likely Leicester in the final... domestic Treble almost guaranteed), here's how the squad has been shaping up. A few thoughts:

• Martial has been incredible. Very clinical in his finishing and remarkably consistent. 30 goals in 25 league starts.
  • Alex Telles... wow, huge average rating and works wonders in both systems down that left-hand side.
  • Skriniar has been a beast, brilliant partnership with Maguire.
  • Sancho has been quietly effective... slightly inconsistent, hoping for a bigger second season.
  • Rashford missed 3 months of the season with a calf muscle tear, came back in November but took another month to build up fitness, from January onwards he's been really good both at ML and AML.
  • Bruno is just magic. 
  • Vinicius Junior has been a brilliant loan signing... when Rashford was out for months, he really stepped up. Didn't expect him to slot in so well. Would recommend him hugely.
  • Greenwood has developed massively and always seems to score off the bench, he's ruthless. With Martial banging them in and Greenwood his understudy, there's been little opportunity for Cavani and I won't be renewing his deal in the summer, happy to get him off the wage bill.
  • Tuanzebe has been capped by England after some really strong and dependable appearances as back-up for Skriniar.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In conclusion, all a bit easy so far... in the summer I'll be looking at a big CM signing as I tend to play with three midfielders and need another body alongside Bruno/VDB/Pogba/Kimmich... ideally would like to get Camavinga but Rennes wanted £200m last time I enquired...

Edited by ThePigeon85

In my save I've managed to sell Rojo to Shanghai for £9m with another £1.5m in add-ons, Romero to Borussia M for £4.3m with another £1.2m in add-ons, Grant went to NYCFC for £120k and Lingard finally went to Roma for £14.75m with about £2m in add-ons. SIgnings wise I decided to take a punt on Barrenetxea who is described as  wonderkid (signed for £12.5m and sent back to Real San Sebasitan for the season), Munir came in from Sevilla for £12.5m, Ruben Garcia from Althetico Pamplona for £9.25 and Hateboer from Atalanta for £10.75m. Munir was signed primary for the RW but he is equally happy on the left or through the centre, Garcia is another who can play on either side of the midfield but was brought in as back up on the left, Hateboer was initially signed as back up for AWB as I had sent WIlliams out on loan to Ajax but has been preforming so well that he is currently the main RB. The team has started off well and are currently unbeaten in 10 games playing either a 4321 Assym with an AML or a 433 with a DM (RGA) and a Mez and BBM in the CM positions. In the CL I've been given a nasty group containing Real Madrid and Celtic with Molde as the group 'whipping' boys in the Carabao Cup after a relatively easy fouth round game against Charlton, the team drew Spurs in the fifth round which ended up at 0-0 then an absolute farce of a penalty shoot out which was won 2-1 after both teams had take 7 (yes 7)kicks.  Looking forward to the next transfer window when I will be looking towards hopefully getting rid of a few more deadwood (anyone want Jones?) and signing a couple of english players either as back up options or as potential future first team players. 

Edited by Woolly

On 15/11/2020 at 11:10, Tee2 said:

Right wing is a real problem position. There are no natural starters save perhaps Greenwood, and only an idiot would entrust an important attacking role to an 18 year old. Mata and Lingard can fill in, but neither convince, and I don't see Dan James as the answer to any question on the right. Little choice but to sign a couple of players, and once again I dip into the grab-bag of past glories and snap up Kingsley Coman (£32.5m from Bayern) and activate the £19.5m buy-back clause to reignite Old Trafford's love affair with Adnan Januzaj.

Only an idiot wouldn't trust Mason Greenwood.

image.thumb.png.e86cac96532af826762becc74cffcad8.png

34 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

The best goal we've scored to date:

Nice one! Good transition from D to A and a very nice one-touch combination to unlock the defence.

I noticed the tactic you shared earlier in this topic, would you mind sharing the team instructions as well?

Sooo finally I start to play official games and in 1st round we travel to City :rolleyes:  I swallow my pride and start with Cautious Counter and Fred marking KDB. Matic on DM/DLP, Pogba MEZZ/Att and Fred as BMW/Def. Bruno on AMR Winger supp score one and assist one. I was over the moon with 2:0 win away.

Not yet finish with transfers but mainly my focus is on young talents - Almada, Gasparini, Rovella, Serranno.

20201116164248_1.jpg

1 hour ago, duvels said:

Nice one! Good transition from D to A and a very nice one-touch combination to unlock the defence.

I noticed the tactic you shared earlier in this topic, would you mind sharing the team instructions as well?

Sure. It's mostly just Gegenpress with a couple of changes.

image.png.f0d881ce37cdc30daa6a6413bb92d3ce.png

5 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

Only an idiot wouldn't trust Mason Greenwood.

I worded my comment badly - I wasn't trying to say I don't trust Mason, more that giving the position to him solely - without any alternatives - seemed like idiocy. I'm a fan of his, glad to see he's working out.

Meanwhile, after a dull 0-0 draw...

1.png

Edited by Tee2

On 15/11/2020 at 14:18, Sherkey said:

I honestly think Laird is pretty good. I like using Williams on the right, so might have to loan out Laird to help him improve and reach his potential, and then evaluate.

As of now, to me, he definitely seems on par with (or better than) Dalot. So, for the first time since he transferred to United, I'm considering selling Dalot early.

image.thumb.png.acbb38ec590206d398bb6c760a815671.png

Did the facepajc you have provide pics for shoretire etc too? 

26 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

I'm surprised some of you are signing a RW. We have Greenwood, with Diallo and Pellistri in as well. 

Seems we're set long term. 

Long term maybe but short term is a different matter.

29 minutes ago, duvels said:

I'd rather have Greenwood as a central striker and in my game Diallo and Pellistri don't seem to have the potential to be real first choice players.

I've had the exact opposite experience. Diallo has been fantastic. I haven't had as much time with Pellistri yet, but he's looked good when I've played him.

16 minutes ago, Juls317 said:

I've had the exact opposite experience. Diallo has been fantastic. I haven't had as much time with Pellistri yet, but he's looked good when I've played him.

I guess those 2 have a dynamic PA, so it's a lottery? Hannibal Mejbri, Hansen-Aaroen and Shoretire seem to be top quality prospects for me, others are saying they seem to be a bit low on potential...

1 minute ago, duvels said:

I guess those 2 have a dynamic PA, so it's a lottery? Hannibal Mejbri, Hansen-Aaroen and Shoretire seem to be top quality prospects for me, others are saying they seem to be a bit low on potential...

I think Diallo may have a set PA but I'm not sure. Pellistri is random though. Shoretire looks great for me, as does Kambwala.