The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, XaW said:

Putting it in spoiler tags so anyone who doesn't want to know don't have to see.

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty bad. Low (1-10) Professionalism is the killer. He also have, unsurprisingly, very low temperament (1-4). 

I would advise getting him tutored by someone asap.

Unfortunately tutoring isn't really an option as all my players are young. I don't think I have any players older than 22

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Game 1 vs 3rd place Reading

Go 1-0 up

Miss a penalty, I am not joking that we must have missed 6 or 7 penalties already this season

From the resulting corner, Reading player runs 60 yards and scores

I think my time up

20210315123047_1.thumb.jpg.26cd31280cec1c1d76afab3ba5b8a1da.jpg

I've noticed a missed penalty seems to = a disaster of a game 

6 minutes ago, karax268 said:

imagine being the one that thinks its a good idea to fire the imortal that's been at the club for ever

sucks man,

any idea on what next? (after this hangover is gone)

Not sure I can stomach the fight to start again in the bottom leagues. The really long seasons, 40+ games and I don't fancy the foreign leagues. Can't see myself enjoying them.

Really not sure what I will do. Nothing at the moment. I am holidaying to see if they go back up next season.

It's been nearly a "real" year (pretty much since Covid hit and I started working from home),over 400 seasons.

Managed to complete the challenge in 11 months March 2020 - November 2020, playing pretty much 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 230 odd seasons or what ever it was in FM20.

Taken me 5 months to do over 100 seasons this time and just gutting to have to start again after all this time :(

Don't forget the 25-30 seasons of failed attempts on this save where I got relegated/sacked after 1,2,3,4 seasons in the VNN

Edited by Padders

25 minutes ago, Padders said:

Not sure I can stomach the fight to start again in the bottom leagues. The really long seasons, 40+ games and I don't fancy the foreign leagues. Can't see myself enjoying them.

Really not sure what I will do. Nothing at the moment. I am holidaying to see if they go back up next season.

It's been nearly a "real" year (pretty much since Covid hit and I started working from home),over 400 seasons.

Managed to complete the challenge in 11 months March 2020 - November 2020, playing pretty much 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 230 odd seasons or what ever it was in FM20.

Taken me 5 months to do over 100 seasons this time and just gutting to have to start again after all this time :(

Don't forget the 25-30 seasons of failed attempts on this save where I got relegated/sacked after 1,2,3,4 seasons in the VNN

You sound gutted mate - quite understandably!

I hope you find a save to get you back into FM21 again soon(ish).

12 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

You sound gutted mate - quite understandably!

I hope you find a save to get you back into FM21 again soon(ish).

Yep absolutely devastated, proper flat and down :(

It's only a bloody game

Edited by Padders

Feel bad for you Padders. Got a question about their vision. Did they force that "Sign High-Reputation Players" in there and you couldn't get rid of it?

Edited by JLAB

11 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Feel bad for you Padders. Got a question about their vision. Did they force that "Sign High-Reputation Players" in there and you couldn't get rid of it?

Yeah nothing I could do with it, but never been an issue in the past about that kind of request

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I feel for you. I've been there when I haven't been able to complete a challenge.

You've achieved a lot. 400 seasons is amazing. It's not all about completing. (Although you and I have both completed, so we wouldn't want to downplay it too much).:)

We've leaned so much about the challenge from your saves. 

It does seem as though the quality of intakes goes in cycles. It's something I sensed with my Palermo save, but obviously your saves has provided a lot more info. It might be us finding patterns where there aren't any, but your saves give some credence to the cycles theory. (I sort of hope it's not true though, because I think if so I've been on the cycle of good intakes lately).

Also, is holidaying between matches a disadvantage? As you've identified, there's no reason why that should be the case.

It's tough to take. Just know that we appreciate you, and we're here for you.

Edited by vikeologist

2 hours ago, Padders said:

You probably won't feel like it now but I'd give another league a try if I was you. 

I always based my saves around English leagues in the past but different leagues can add a bit of fun to it. I'd recommend Germany as it's fairly similar to England just a slightly lower level. 

I'm sure after you got three or four years into it you would start enjoying it.

1039411831_NECBenefitsfortheYouthSetupforbothteams.png.09aed44aeac2fd5957cd3eb6649c25c8.png

So I've managed to convince the board to get try and get some youth players from N.E.C. to come through our youth intakes. I'm hoping that we might be able to get some good Dutch talents coming through our future intakes.

Rimini F.C. 1912 - Wikipedia

Rimini Calcio FC

Season Summary 2027 - 2028

Well over a month since my last post and over a month since I've played the game. I jumped straight back into a promotion semi final, so it was intense from the first minute! 

After finishing 15th, 15th, 15th and 13th we took a big step forward this season, finishing 8th place in Serie B. We were quite lucky, but I also think we took some big steps forward in both ends of the pitch. This doesn't mean we have improved massively as a team, but we are at least not getting smashed almost every round. We faced Cosenza in the preliminary knock out phase. Since they finished 5th we faced them away, but pulled off a great performance, winning 2-1. 

We faced Lecce in the semi final and that was the end of the road for us. A 0-3 loss at home and a 2-1 loss away means that we will play in Serie B also next season. We are very, very far away from Serie A quality so thats fine. 

Our finances are still really bad and I am now getting less and less wage budget each season! 

General Summary

630245046_2021-03-1519_45_38-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.fb5a50521ac929d5f995f35fba6e7816.jpg     526655877_2021-03-1519_45_51-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.50120fab44660c5fab9bca70337661ce.jpg     5537720_2021-03-1519_46_01-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.7d17ba974149a0236f3b72e8d4950c93.jpg

Key Talents

1955495749_2021-03-1519_46_19-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.559db5c620b2e7d99d2f1173bc6d21b7.jpg     2096465113_2021-03-1519_46_28-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.965dbfbf2bfeeaaafd0fc3f8a6bd75a7.jpg     2027857054_2021-03-1519_46_56-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.9ed6a90955964378ac389c5e6d16b378.jpg

235667035_2021-03-1519_47_17-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.557f2bfcef8c5a1c15d4f8279fbcfdd7.jpg     1165364669_2021-03-1519_47_25-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.d934bb0869ed9ff34a585eb65330df4a.jpg     1855172743_2021-03-1519_47_58-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.03f36bed5073ab9d420026fcbd5db3b5.jpg

image.png.a6f134a4fdf7bead719cec1eb00d2107.png

9 minutes ago, JLAB said:

How much money do you currently have @thomas_e If there was one thing that hindered me in Serie B, it was how quickly you could lose money.

We are currently £2,368,488 in the red. Even though we have talent and some good players this save will probably come to and end soon. Only a rich uncle can get us out of this mess! Our average attendance is 2542 (2nd lowest in the league)! Thats only 26% of our capacity. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo7 said:

Simon Kus looks unreal :eek:

Amazing talent. He plays in the AM role in a 4-2-3-1 system. Before the start of this season I changed that role from a support to an attack duty and he played really well all year. Runs with the ball, creates chances for him and others. Absolute class! 

Do wonderkids tend to mainly appear in the top divisions, or are they relative to the standard of that division?

I suspect it's the former. I certainly don;t think I've had a wonderkid on my way up to Eng League 1.

Not even a promising

Edited by vikeologist

22 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Do wonderkids tend to mainly appear in the top divisions, or are they relative to the standard of that division?

I suspect it's the former. I certainly don;t think I've had a wonderkid on my way up to Eng League 1.

Spoiler

I don't think they're relative to others in the league.  It depends on their CA and PA and its different for real and newgen players I believe. At least that's how it used to be.

Thanks for clarifying XaW.  You're right, PA doesn't seem to influence it but CA and Current Rep do.

Edited by JAwtunes

3 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Spoiler

It's depending on the CA (not PA!) of the player, and players very rarely get to that CA in lower division. If I remember correctly, it also depends on his world reputation, and that's very rarely high enough when playing in a lower division.

Lost my goalkeeper to Empoli after the board forced the transfer to go through

I protested and the board told me that the bid had been rejected. It hadn't though, so a great bug! 

Losing your first choice GK on this challenge is high on the list of the things you really dont want to happen...

image.png.5518f70a49c59b09aee62ea97a481520.png

image.thumb.png.bb43a8a0aabc82ddeb7d4b02b2689f10.png

3 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I feel for you. I've been there when I haven't been able to complete a challenge.

You've achieved a lot. 400 seasons is amazing. It's not all about completing. (Although you and I have both completed, so we wouldn't want to downplay it too much).:)

We've leaned so much about the challenge from your saves. 

It does seem as though the quality of intakes goes in cycles. It's something I sensed with my Palermo save, but obviously your saves has provided a lot more info. It might be us finding patterns where there aren't any, but your saves give some credence to the cycles theory. (I sort of hope it's not true though, because I think if so I've been on the cycle of good intakes lately).

Also, is holidaying between matches a disadvantage? As you've identified, there's no reason why that should be the case.

It's tough to take. Just know that we appreciate you, and we're here for you.

The holidaying has been bought up before but my counter argument to that is what be people do inbetween games that I don't?

I tweak tactics, fine players, praise/criticize training etc etc

Training has and always will be done by the AM

22 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I hope that you're ok. Just because I once had a time when Football Manager (3 lost Euro finals in a row) made me quite depressed. 

The reason why succeeding is so great is that this challenge holds within itself the real possibility of failure, and that's why I hope you see yourself for the absolute boss that we know you are.

+ 1

Chengfeng Season 29/30 Review

Table - Squad - U23Squad - U19 Squad - Transfers - Finances

Another season where we survived, with 2 points clear of relegation. At one point we were 8th in the table but a bad run at the end of the season put us in danger to be relegated. We rely mainly on players, that have been here for a while, so we really need a good intake soon. 

I think this years intake was solid but no more

YouthIntake.jpg.aeb97f5cef74a047d87473b153fd1f4b.jpg

But with Luo Jie (30A) we got a good striker, just sad that striker already is our strongest position with He Sen (23G)

603450999_LuoJie(30A).jpg.939d48ec9826241293a8e3367f21ac75.jpg

Finances are looking ok and Im thinking about upgrading the youth facilities, since our attendance is rising and we might be able to make some + from months to months.

Next Season

Survive Survive Survive!

Overview.jpg.916befd4bc23f77d0899a7b27d77228b.jpg

Edited by Morpheus13