FM2009 is it faster than FM2008

d d

08 is a lot faster on my laptop

4gb Ram

T9300 core 2 duo 2,5 ghz

GeForce 8600M GT 512mb

Vista home premium 64bit

With FM08 I could run the best league from all contries with a lage db and the wating time was okay, but with 09 it's just muuuuuch to slow to run the same setup :(

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't play FM08. I had FM07 and with quite an old PC now with 512MB, Pentium 4 2GHz and on Windows XP it ran fine. FM09 is so much slower and is frustrating as it takes 5 mins sometimes to process fixtures. It can't even play with 3D and the 2D is just jumpy. So annoying!!!

For me 08 was much faster than 09 is. I also get random black screens and white screens while it's starting a new match or i just finished a match. Could probably be because i'm running it in windowed 1920x1200 resolution.

But back to the point.

08 is, by far, faster than 09 on my computer.

I've been doing a lot of tweaking to my system and I actually find now that 09 runs faster than previous versions, especially the fixture processing. I had some slight UI lag before as well, but that seems to be gone now too.

Loading the 3D of course makes viewing the matches a little bit slower though.

I dont play Matches in 3D but still feel that overall 2008 is faster and more smoother doesnt glitch, freeze for few minutes etc etc.

2009 seems to have too many new features and so much bigger then most systems can handle even with updates and software still seems a bit to much to handle as 2008 was pretty simple and ok.

I'm managing to do fine on my laptop, but then I have a fast hard drive in it and have done some nice tweaks for performance in the power settings and in task manager.

Also, I can't believe the number of people who play with their antivirus auto-protect running or not set to exclude FM files, this slows it down massively as well as being IMO the #1 cause of savegame corruption.

In FM08 you could complete a season MUCH faster.

- Bevor each game there are up to 25s loading times. This is despite the fact that I am not using 3d (removed it in the preferences).

- The 2D on my computer has amazingly low "frame rates". Almost kills the game for me, which is very sad...

- ...this combined with the fact that we now only have one slider to control the match speed this means that matches take much more time to process

- The overall processing speed when calculating games also seems to be lower on my machine (for example when calculating world cup qualification games)

For me FM09 is so slow that it is not much fun anymore. I didn´t have similar problems with FM08 or any of the previous games. So, while my computer certainly is not extremely fast (1,6 GHz Pentium M, 1Gig RAM, Ati X600 graphics card), the additional calculations in FM09 are the main problem.

Well i originally had a laptop that didn't run the games brilliantly... 2d was very jittery. But i just got a new laptop yesterday and its fast and works really well. If you want best performance then a new machine is best! If your machine is real good it'll be quicker then 08 but if you don't it will feel a lot slower and laggyer! ITs only loading of match that takes a little bit

Well i originally had a laptop that didn't run the games brilliantly... 2d was very jittery. But i just got a new laptop yesterday and its fast and works really well. If you want best performance then a new machine is best! If your machine is real good it'll be quicker then 08 but if you don't it will feel a lot slower and laggyer! ITs only loading of match that takes a little bit

My machine is brand new, and it's certainly hell of a lot better than the machine i was running 08 on. Yet it just seems like it runs much slower for me.

Care to give some tips? :D

All i can say is make sure your OS is up to date and stuff :s

What are your specs? I got a gaming laptop lol with a 7200RPM HDD and mines real fast :) Though i haven't got much time to play but as i'm being made redundant i've been given back the holiday that was supposed to be taken at Xmas so I may take a week off just to play FM :D

All i can say is make sure your OS is up to date and stuff :s

What are your specs? I got a gaming laptop lol with a 7200RPM HDD and mines real fast :) Though i haven't got much time to play but as i'm being made redundant i've been given back the holiday that was supposed to be taken at Xmas so I may take a week off just to play FM :D

Everything on my computer is up to date (as far as i know)

And my specs are : Intel Core2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz 4GB Ram (3.6 GB Ram in reality)

HDD 7200 RPM

Geforce GTX 260 896-2291 MB

Display 1920x1200 59Hz

Windows Vista Home Premium

I realize now that i have a different CPU than i thought. Thought it was Q6600 (don't know much about that stuff :p)

I normally tweak the computer as much as i can so i don't run services i don't need and all that. But it seems like that didn't really make a difference.

I run 6 countries with the lowest divisions on playable in all the countries. Something which is far less than i ran on a CoreDuo 3,06GHZ with 2GB Ram and 7200RPM Harddrive. But that was on Windows XP Home.

I also experience a black (sometimes white) screen everytime i start and finish a match. I take it when it's going in to 3D view and going out from the 3D view.

Any suggestions would be great.

I don't bother with 3D.

I really enjoy before and after the games - that runs pretty much the same as 08 for me.

But the matches are a pain in the jacksie!

That 3D engine (even thoug I don't use it still loads up) is a mole on the ass of society.

Changing tactics/subs mid match is a royal hassle too - setting up match pause for 10-15 seconds! It's so aggravating!!!!

I agree with Eshaan.

FM2009 is a very good game but it's very slow.

Compared to 2008 or 2007.

2007 run so fast on my machine and 2008 was quick but not as quick the previous game. But as i suppose every new game that come comes out on the same machine will eventually start running slow because every new game that comes out needs more processing.

I may go back to 2008 because i quite like that game or try and persevere with 2009.

I don't bother with 3D.

I really enjoy before and after the games - that runs pretty much the same as 08 for me.

But the matches are a pain in the jacksie!

That 3D engine (even thoug I don't use it still loads up) is a mole on the ass of society.

Changing tactics/subs mid match is a royal hassle too - setting up match pause for 10-15 seconds! It's so aggravating!!!!

I second that, mate. The main pain in the ass are match days and matches themselves. The interface is just so unresponsive and everything needs too much time to load despite I don't even use 3D. Also my computer starts to stress like crazy (cpu fan, gpu fan).

Other than this I can't complain about processing other games (league, cups, internationalls) but, SI, can you improve just a little bit the thing that has been mentioned here by many of us???

i really thought that it was my laptop that was makin it slow but seems like everyone's on the same boat!

does any1 else think that it doesnt take as long to get through a season??

it seems that thers less to do between games??

I took my fm out of windowed mode and all of a sudden the game quicken up.

It used to take 10 minutes for the clock to play 90 minutes and now it's take 5. I just wondered is it because i took it out of window mode. i could be wrong but all of sudden it is playing quick.

FM09 definitley runs slower than 08 but my PC is a four yr old P4 with only 1.5g of ram so im not gonna start complaining.

I need to buy a new PC anyway but i am a bit concerned that people are saying that 09 runs slower on high end PCs. Anyone got any idea how fast it will run if i get the set up below?

AMD Phenom Quad Core

8gb Ram

64 bit Vista

nVidia 9500 gt 1024mb

My system specs are fine to run the game, but with 3 leagues running it's stupidly slow.

Even on 2D it's unbearable

me to FM08 Great!! FM09 so slow that i dont play it anymore.

Specs :

Q6600

3 GB 800Mhz Memory Kingston

500 GB HD

Nvidia 9600GT

5 country's

6 Competitions

SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!1

'09 is faster then '07, but slightly slower then '08 (i play with 100+ leagues, all versions). Considering that you are getting something that is playable in comparison to inferior '08(even 07 was better then 08), it's small price to pay.

I got "only" dual-core and 2GB ram , and still running '09 with no problems.

For me it's a bit slower than the 2008 version.

I'm running three leagues - Premiership, Bundesliga and Serie A.

If you want to improve the game speed then I suggest changing the detail level to 'minimum' (really, who wants to view every single detail of the Olympic or Euro Championship?).

Ticking the 'skin cache' box should also help.

There is also a 'Threading' option in Preferences (refer to manual for more details)

To improve the save / load speed unmark the 'Compress saved games' box.

i find it very slow compared to 08 but only some of the time its strange, seems to be very tempremental And im runnin 2gig of ram on xp as well and find it uses a hell of a lot of it up while playing the game!!

Try this for me please when you don't have a job and click on manager overview how long does it take for this screen to load!! For me its literally about 20-30seconds!!! (Only happens when you don't have a club!!)

Archived