dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, just got myself an assistant manager, so first thing I do is click on team report, to have it confirmed just how many bad players I have in my squad, and teh ass man is recommending players that could fill my striking hole. And he can get loan availability reports. These look like useful additions.

Guest roberto922

Daf - Would it be a good idea perhaps for everyone that gets a sub 1000 team to upload their save game (obviously only once for each team) and then you could put all the links in the OP?

Daf - Would it be a good idea perhaps for everyone that gets a sub 1000 team to upload their save game (obviously only once for each team) and then you could put all the links in the OP?

I imagine Allan will upload them to the website like previous years once it is up an running.

Took over Leigh Genesis ( liked the name! ). We will see how this goes don´t think I ever made it past league one :( . Only way to play fm though SI should really add this as a quickstart to the game.

Starting Profile

Bleh is there anyway to know if you clicked in the "fill missing staff" box? My team has a general coach and a youth coach is it supposed to be like that or did I do something wrong ?

Love the English Trialist day! I guess it's new since I did not see it before, but very nice and handy! Ok, most of the players are dropped players from Premier or Championship teams, but I picked one player up there and he is amazing, and crazy that he signs for me ;) (player: Fleming)

Well, going for Merthyr, shame it has so much rep really, but I want to play a Welsh team :) in FM2008 Wales made it to semi-finals in the EC, with about 3/4 of the team having Merthyr history. Might actually go back and finish the challenge off, but want to test out 2009 now, so here it goes:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9619/dafugeun5.jpg

After losing my two friendlies, I was anxious going into the first match of the season against recently relegated Lewes. Not sure how but we managed to win 2-1, so that has to be a good start to the season.

Just want to clarify that I can scout/trial players from this screen because I have already got a gem of an American player from a reccomendation from my ass man on that screen, after trialling him first.

Presume no-one's seen Buxton come up, have they?

and I also presume that tweaking their rep in the starting database to 1200 or so to help them come up would disallow me from being part of the challenge?

Yes, the editor cannot be used to change reputations.

With a reputation of 950 I think it would be possible to see Buxton appear, but it might take quite a while.

You managed to get Jutkiewicz? :eek: It's got worse!

Didnt get him pre season, tried 5-6 times and he accepted.

You are doing better than me, I'm stuck in mid table struggling for consistency. I'm slowly starting to find a style of play that works but my strikers are useless, the only player who scores is a loanee from Blackpool.

Tried a formation a havent tried before, normally play flat 4-4-2

Have attacking wb's and wingers and arrows show the rest. This works for me.

My only real problem is the keeper - None of the two i have am i pleased with, but as long as i score more than i concede, it will have to do.

You are doing better than me, I'm stuck in mid table struggling for consistency. I'm slowly starting to find a style of play that works but my strikers are useless, the only player who scores is a loanee from Blackpool.

I'm having the same problem here theres a great guide here that can help you devlop your own tactics etc.

I'm gonna give this challenge a go, I was really into it in 08 before my game currupted (first time that's ever happened!).

What the rules re: parent clubs?

It was decided it would be up to you to decide. If you want them you can, you can limit yourself to only using a certain level or you can not use them.

Archived