[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, warlock said:

Never praise the same player twice in a month. They always take it the wrong way.

yeah discovered this pretty soon after I discovered training praise can increase work rate. I always do 2 months on, 1 month off of going through all my squads and praising anyone who's training well.

12 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

How people doing with Pogba with his Goals & Assists

I’m struggling to get anyone to score goals to be honest.

ive got a goal difference of +9 by Christmas and I’m 6th in the league and full 9 points behind 4th and 14 behind the league leaders

12 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Anyone had a tycoon takeover happen as United thats been a dream of mine on FM for years lol

There's a tycoon Man Utd save in the tycoon thread, starts in sept. 2018....so right at the start of the game. I had a look and they had like 687M in the bank! Ridiculous. 

On 24/10/2018 at 02:38, zlatanera said:

In my own save I've decided to go with a small database featuring all levels of the English pyramid and the top 10 divisions according to Uefa coefficient, plus Eredivisie for those Ajax regens if the save takes. 

I normally don't like having a first window transfer budget, but there's a glitch with it so I'll just take the money. I know United's squad better than any other so I guess I don't mind beginning the reshaping a bit earlier than on another save where I'd need time to familiarise myself with everyone.

I'm going to have a policy of not signing any foreign youth players - if I can't fill a position from local youth or find a British player then I'll look abroad, but not before. Especially as mentoring makes it harder to change personalities as fast. May change this to just no youth signings whatsoever. 

Started a save with United. Brought in Steve Holland as my AssMan along with supplementary coaches like McGuiness, Rui Barbosa, Mario Cecchi etc.

Playing a custom style 4141 DM wide. Team playing well in preseason winning all but 1 game. Good start to the PL to with a 3-0 and 4-0 thrashings of Huddersfield and Newcastle. Chelsea are up next.

Regarding transfers, I sold Smalling and Darmian for £16m and £11m. De Ligt was sold to Chelsea after I bid aggresively for him. Damn AI quoted 61m while Chelsea were paying only 46m. Got pissed off and broke the bank for Skriniar for £72m (40m upfront), Tierney for 23m and Saul for 55m.

Fellaini already throwing a fit regarding my acquisition of Saul. Planning to discard him in January for the right offer.

Best performers so far are Skriniar (worth every damn penny), Tierney, Mata and Sanchez. Pogba has been ok. Trying to build up his fitness. Having problems with the lack of goals from my strikers. Have tried both Martial and Lukaku as AF-At with Martial missing 3 or 4 CCCs. Changed role to PF-At. Hoping it pays dividends. 

3 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Yeah i was wondering if it had happend to anyone in game rather than creating it

it was created by me... but from what ive been reading United get taken over round about 2024 on a few saves...glazers must of had enough

7 hours ago, Mahesh94 said:

*snipped post*
Regarding transfers, I sold Smalling and Darmian for £16m and £11m. De Ligt was sold to Chelsea after I bid aggresively for him. Damn AI quoted 61m while Chelsea were paying only 46m. Got pissed off and broke the bank for Skriniar for £72m (40m upfront), Tierney for 23m and Saul for 55m.

Fellaini already throwing a fit regarding my acquisition of Saul. Planning to discard him in January for the right offer.

I managed to get De Ligt for 17.5m + 20m/3yr (exactly the same deal for De Jong). Looks like you got a far far better deal on Tierney though (12.5m +20m/3y), he's been fantastic on my save too.

I had a similar issue to you with Saul, i signed Asensio and Pereira wasnt impressed. I continued to use him, sparingly, without realising the commitment they expect from you when you say they'll still get games. I think most of the time he came on as a late sub, so rarely starting, and often just picking up minutes to keep him happy (which it wasnt). ~4mo after telling me he's leaving on a free, he's very happy in the team, starting 2/3 of the games, and one of my best performers. I've activated the 1yr extension, but he's refusing to sign a new deal. If anyone knows whether its possible to change his mind, please let me know!! I dont know whether the FM engine simply ingrains that decision into the player (theres no visible anger, only the contract refusal message). The idea of growing his attributes and value, and him walk away, is obviously a concern. 

About to enter February, undefeated so far, had to knock out both Chelsea (4-0) and Arsenal (1-1 & 3-0) to get the to League cup finals (Everton), had Atletico, Monaco & Hoffenheim in the CL groups, and failing to take top spot meant im now facing Bayern for the first KO round, and just stuffed City 6-1 in the FA cup which was very satisfying.
For most of the season its been 1-0 & 2-0 results, no big wins, despite having a lot of good chances. But January has just seen them thrash decent sides. Sanchez has been out most of the season, Pogba was out for 1mo and then another month without even kicking a ball. He really hasnt been shining though, but im hoping he'll return into a team thats performing better and that'll allow him to make more of an impact. Ive started to settle on 4-1-4-1 DM Wide, with Vertical Tiki-Taka, but im tempted to try something narrower and have the wing-backs providing the width up top. 

Signings in (all summer):
De Ligt - 17.5m + 20m/3y
De Jong - 17.5m + 20m/3y
Tierney - 12.5m + 20m/3y & 10m after 50 goals
Asenio - 30m + 65m/3y
Pulisic - 15m + 22.5m/3y
Vagnoman - 7m + 3m/3y & 10m after 50 goals

Signings Out (1 summer, 3 winter):
Lingard - 47.5m + 10% profit (paid for initial payments for Asensio & Pulisic)
Darmian - 5.75m (was doing well early on, but has no future behind Dalot & Vagnoman)
Fred - 7.5m (big argument about playing time)
Jones - 1m (agreed £0 summer deal, moved forward for £1m)

I also managed to sign Varane for 25m + 35m/3y (maybe +20m/50 goals) in my test season, if anyone is interested. Im tempted to go back for him in the 2nd summer if i can still get him at that price, but i'd really like to try and add some British players and bring a couple up through the ranks. Has anyone managed to sign Kane? Lukaku is top scorer at the club (17) and PL (13) but i think we can do better, put away more of the chances he's missing. So im tempted to try and throw everything at making that happen. 

14 hours ago, PaulC2K said:

I managed to get De Ligt for 17.5m + 20m/3yr (exactly the same deal for De Jong). Looks like you got a far far better deal on Tierney though (12.5m +20m/3y), he's been fantastic on my save too.

I had a similar issue to you with Saul, i signed Asensio and Pereira wasnt impressed. I continued to use him, sparingly, without realising the commitment they expect from you when you say they'll still get games. I think most of the time he came on as a late sub, so rarely starting, and often just picking up minutes to keep him happy (which it wasnt). ~4mo after telling me he's leaving on a free, he's very happy in the team, starting 2/3 of the games, and one of my best performers. I've activated the 1yr extension, but he's refusing to sign a new deal. If anyone knows whether its possible to change his mind, please let me know!! I dont know whether the FM engine simply ingrains that decision into the player (theres no visible anger, only the contract refusal message). The idea of growing his attributes and value, and him walk away, is obviously a concern. 

About to enter February, undefeated so far, had to knock out both Chelsea (4-0) and Arsenal (1-1 & 3-0) to get the to League cup finals (Everton), had Atletico, Monaco & Hoffenheim in the CL groups, and failing to take top spot meant im now facing Bayern for the first KO round, and just stuffed City 6-1 in the FA cup which was very satisfying.
For most of the season its been 1-0 & 2-0 results, no big wins, despite having a lot of good chances. But January has just seen them thrash decent sides. Sanchez has been out most of the season, Pogba was out for 1mo and then another month without even kicking a ball. He really hasnt been shining though, but im hoping he'll return into a team thats performing better and that'll allow him to make more of an impact. Ive started to settle on 4-1-4-1 DM Wide, with Vertical Tiki-Taka, but im tempted to try something narrower and have the wing-backs providing the width up top. 

Signings in (all summer):
De Ligt - 17.5m + 20m/3y
De Jong - 17.5m + 20m/3y
Tierney - 12.5m + 20m/3y & 10m after 50 goals
Asenio - 30m + 65m/3y
Pulisic - 15m + 22.5m/3y
Vagnoman - 7m + 3m/3y & 10m after 50 goals

Signings Out (1 summer, 3 winter):
Lingard - 47.5m + 10% profit (paid for initial payments for Asensio & Pulisic)
Darmian - 5.75m (was doing well early on, but has no future behind Dalot & Vagnoman)
Fred - 7.5m (big argument about playing time)
Jones - 1m (agreed £0 summer deal, moved forward for £1m)

I also managed to sign Varane for 25m + 35m/3y (maybe +20m/50 goals) in my test season, if anyone is interested. Im tempted to go back for him in the 2nd summer if i can still get him at that price, but i'd really like to try and add some British players and bring a couple up through the ranks. Has anyone managed to sign Kane? Lukaku is top scorer at the club (17) and PL (13) but i think we can do better, put away more of the chances he's missing. So im tempted to try and throw everything at making that happen. 

Wow. How the hell did you manage to sign the Ajax kids so cheap? I literally walked the league in season 1. Skriniar is an absolute beast. Player of the season. Got a bit bored as it was beginning to become a bit easy. Going to try and manage from unemployed just for a challenge.

1 minute ago, Mahesh94 said:

Wow. How the hell did you manage to sign the Ajax kids so cheap? I literally walked the league in season 1. Skriniar is an absolute beast. Player of the season. Got a bit bored as it was beginning to become a bit easy. Going to try and manage from unemployed just for a challenge.

I missed out on them both in my quick 6mo test season to get a feel for things, i dilly-dallied too long going for Varane & Savic and in the end iirc they went to Chelsea & Spurs for about 42m overall. I think that was the first offer i put in, both were non-negotiable offers in the first couple of days from the start, and Ajax wanted time to think about it. The non-neg might have helped, i hate dealing with clubs where you offer say 30+50m/3y and they come back to you with 80m, 10m/3y, 20% profit, and your firstborn. 

In my test season i only signed Varane, and while things were looking better by Xmas and i'd clawed back early lost points (damn WC!), stacked injuries were a definite issue so i think this time out i went a little aggressive snapping up the good players i'd missed out on originally, it still felt like a huge task turning things around with the squad just like IRL. Ive handled discontent players better, however i still need to stop creating the issues in the first place. The issue is i upset the likes of Jones, Smalling, Fellaini etc trying to offer them to clubs, so didnt push it this time, so instead of being angry at being forced out, now they're uphappy at not playing enough. I should be done with about 6 of them by the end of the first season, but i need to stop making those mistakes.

I played the first leg against Bayern last night too, won 5-1, but i didnt realise till comments afterwards they're currently without a manager, and they had Neuer back from injury (80% and still had the orange icon), so im guessing they've been in disarray recently and an injured Neuer starting didnt help. I think the away leg will be more representative, cos i doubt the AI will screw things up twice.

Also after posting asking about Kane i made a statement about wanting to sign him, he responded saying he's interested (which i thought might have been a big issue, let alone dealing with Levy) but i also got a response from Benitez, as they've sacked Poch and brought him in :D I hadnt even noticed.

On 17/11/2018 at 02:28, scott MUFC said:

so after I found my United save was still on my laptop (which I didnt have for a week -_-) and wasn't downloading to my other computer that was working where I was... draw 0-0 at home with Bayern in the champions league, and 2-2 on the first game of the season, rest have wins, including a 7-1 demolition of PSV... so the game after my 0-0 draw? just Man city... thought they were supposed to be good? 44 passes, I scored with 4 one touch passes lol

20181117021330_1.jpg

how you playing rom can you put screen shot his role and player instructions 

I just bought the game today and have spend a couple hours working my way through a United pre-season.

First thing I do is ask the board to increase the transfer % I keep and they bump it to 100%.  In USD, I can sell Lingard for $45m to Arsenal.  This gives me just over $150m USD and over $600k/wk in payroll.

I can sometimes get Mata sold, but absolutely nobody wants Lukaku, Fellaini, etc.  Can't sell them for love nor money.

I want to play the counter fluid 4-4-1-1 with a Poacher up to, so with that budget, you can activate Mauro Icardi's release fee from Inter ($129m) but unless I can get more guys sold, I just can't.  Milenkovic is obscenely expensive, Tierney can be had for as little as $22.5m USD (hard) and I picked up Pulisic for appx $42m USD (tried another time and Chelsea landed him instead...).

Transfer market is a lot more difficult this time around.  Especially since I can't ask/reload the board to increase the transfer budget since it's not an option.

1 hour ago, CybrSlydr said:

I just bought the game today and have spend a couple hours working my way through a United pre-season.

First thing I do is ask the board to increase the transfer % I keep and they bump it to 100%.  In USD, I can sell Lingard for $45m to Arsenal.  This gives me just over $150m USD and over $600k/wk in payroll.

I can sometimes get Mata sold, but absolutely nobody wants Lukaku, Fellaini, etc.  Can't sell them for love nor money.

I want to play the counter fluid 4-4-1-1 with a Poacher up to, so with that budget, you can activate Mauro Icardi's release fee from Inter ($129m) but unless I can get more guys sold, I just can't.  Milenkovic is obscenely expensive, Tierney can be had for as little as $22.5m USD (hard) and I picked up Pulisic for appx $42m USD (tried another time and Chelsea landed him instead...).

Transfer market is a lot more difficult this time around.  Especially since I can't ask/reload the board to increase the transfer budget since it's not an option.

Milenkovic signed a new contract with a £26m CL release clause around October of the first season in my current Dortmund save, so he might do similar in one of yours. Fellaini signed a new contract in May I think, so no way you're getting rid of him 1st window. Lukaku might just be that nobody has that much money lying around first window bar United - all the other clubs of similar financial weight actually spent money in the summer in real life. 

Pulisic has been great for me in the 2nd season of my Dortmund save - was injury prone as hell first season but now I can barely give Sancho a game because he's playing so well. Gave him both "Runs Down Right" and "Cuts Inside From Both Wings" which varies up his movement a bit no matter what role he plays.

SEASON 20/21 REVIEW

A very successful league season saw us run away with the Premier League title and score over 100 goals in the process.

Gt6IRp6.jpg?1

The usual suspects were in the chasing pack with the noticeable exception of Tottenham who finished in mid table(I might use that as a reason to try and upset Dele Ali).

Fulham had a great season and finished in the European places and Everton were relegated.Coming up from the Championship are Barnsley(1st),Blackburn(2nd) and Newcastle via the play-offs.

Top goalscorer was Marcus Rashford with 23 in the league and 36 in all competitions.Lukaku had started as main striker but once I tried Rashford as Advanced Forward there was no going back,Lukaku did still get 15 in the league and 32 in all comps.

Early season saw us win the Community shield and the European Super Cup with victories over Chelsea(2-1) and Red Bull Salzburg(2-0) and by December we had also won the Club World Cup with a 4-0 victory over Boca Juniors.4 days after that we were knocked out of the Carabao Cup Quarters 2-3 by Tottenham.Good news in the FA Cup as we beat Everton 7-0 in the Final.We made it all the way to the Campions League Final were we faced PSG

fQT7wOs.jpg?1

We were the better team but their first goal came from a clearance from Upamecano that smashed into the back of Arthur and dropped into Mbappe's path,1-0.There 3rd goal was just a simple cross that Pickford decided was way to difficult for him to catch and he helped it into the back of the net.Not the best way to lose a Final.

No transfers in or out at the moment but Fekir has been placed on the transfer list and should be on his way to Arsenal for £50m while Mauro Icardi is transfer listed for £96m which is a bit steep for me so I have put in a cheeky bid of £70m.

20 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

20181201123155_1_zpsmks5ndtt.jpg

This is a young lad i got through in my Youth Intake and he looks a beast already at 15

Got a striker with the same name in my first season as well (for Arsenal), although yours has much more potential!

700413179_ScreenShot2018-11-14at00_55_25.thumb.png.fcf4f6ba92e4bf73c2b4fe3c868c5547.png

After losing to PSG in the Champions League Final I wanted to make a statement of intent

Nawa8zW.jpg?1

Crazy money but a couple of star signings that should help me achieve my goals this season.

First 5 league games of the season we have won all 5 and Dele is top scorer with 4 goals from the AMC position.

nUpj0El.jpg?1

Well after a terrible start to the first season that left me in 7th place in the league come the January transfer window. I spent £120m total on brining Dybala to Old Trafford and with a new 4-2-3-1 set up with Pogba as an AP and De Jong as a DLP in the mc strata I managed to finish 3rd in the league and win the FA cup but got knocked out of the CL quarters by PSG

3 hours ago, axehan1 said:

After losing to PSG in the Champions League Final I wanted to make a statement of intent

Nawa8zW.jpg?1

Crazy money but a couple of star signings that should help me achieve my goals this season.

First 5 league games of the season we have won all 5 and Dele is top scorer with 4 goals from the AMC position.

nUpj0El.jpg?1

upload ya tactic please 

Can anyone tell me your experience with Pavard on RB? I have Milenkovic and De Light on DC with Jose Gimenez probably coming for only 30mil£ and I want to sell Jones or Smoling with Lindelof already sold at winter 2019. His release clause is still on and that's the main reason I want him in my squad (Valencia to many injuries and Dalot still young for first eleven).

2 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Can anyone tell me your experience with Pavard on RB? I have Milenkovic and De Light on DC with Jose Gimenez probably coming for only 30mil£ and I want to sell Jones or Smoling with Lindelof already sold at winter 2019. His release clause is still on and that's the main reason I want him in my squad (Valencia to many injuries and Dalot still young for first eleven).

I have him with Dortmund, played a lot as FB-Su. Never got good ratings due to not offering much going forward (not much in Dribbling / Crossing and not especially fast) but so good at the basic defensive things he never got a bad rating from screwing up either really.

January transfer window of the 2nd season and real Madrid have just gone and done this.......

Question is do I sell him or not? Hes was good in the 1st season but not as good this season so far. I have Rashford and Curtrone who can play in ST(C). Thoughts?

sell him or not.PNG

1 hour ago, Mauley said:

January transfer window of the 2nd season and real Madrid have just gone and done this.......

Question is do I sell him or not? Hes was good in the 1st season but not as good this season so far. I have Rashford and Curtrone who can play in ST(C). Thoughts?

sell him or not.PNG

I'd go for the risky play and try to bump up those installments to £37m. That would make the overall package £132m i.e. double his valuation. But Madrid might pull out immediately, that's still a pretty great offer and you can buy better strikers with that money (unless you really need a pacy target man, in which case he's pretty much the only one around at an appropriate level for United).

I sold him and ended up getting £105mil upfront with 26mil in 6 monthly instalments to £131mil is not too bad. Now who do I replace him with, may just use Rahsford as an AF (A) with Curtrone as backup for now until next season.

Edited by Mauley

Finishing 6th in my first season without any silverware was bad, however, losing out on the Premier League (against Liverpool nonetheless) in my second season was much worse. I decided to adapt my tactics & bring in some fresh faces. I was given an ultimatum during the start of my third season to win achieve 11 points in five games, the pressure was well & truly on.

Transfers

In:

• Frenkie De Jong - Ajax - £27m - Solid 7.20+ rating over the past few seasons, will ultimately fill in the DLP role
  • Malang Sarr - OGC Nice - £15m - Only played once in his three seasons with the club but once again he's in for the future
  • Timo Werner - RB Leipzig - £59m - Made 26 appearances picking up seven goals, not awful but never found his feet in Manchester
  • Jan Mlakar - Maribor - £600k (£2.1m) - Extremely promising young striker, can't recommend enough
  • Ondrej Duda - Arsenal - £11.25m - Strange one, transfer listed after playing 19 games for Arsenal, fitted nicely in the voided AM role for a reduced price
  • Gedson Fernandes - Benfica - £51m (£74m) - The beginning of the transformation in transfers, terrific player. 7.30+ rating in the past two seasons
  • Benjamin Pavard - VfB Stuttgart - £31.5m - Potentially my best buy, seems to be decreasing slightly in ability but still performing brilliantly
  • Federico Chiesa - Fiorentina - £88m - Very hit & miss in my opinion, still young so will be keeping the faith
  • Harry Kane - Tottenham - £180m - English, still yet to hit his prime & an incredible first two seasons caused the extreme value of the transfer, best signing I've ever made on any management game
  • Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - Napoli - £77m - I did say I wanted to transform the club, another great purchase, beginning to realise you pay for quality
  • Alan Franco - Independiente - £9.25m - Sometimes you uncover a gem & that's what really gets you into a management save, Franco is that player

Out:

• Ashley Young - Al-Hilal - £950k (£1.1m) - Fairly predictable, great servant just not the ability that I require
  • Jesse Lingard - Chelsea - £43m (£52m) - Disappointing as I do really love Lingard but just doesn't fit the bill for me
  • Lee Grant - Chelsea - £1.2m - Poor Lee Grant, left United without making an appearance & then Chelsea released him without playing a game!
  • Marouane Fellaini - RB Leipzig - £15.25m (£19m) - Love his character just not sure his qualities shine on a management game
  • Eric Bailly - Barcelona - £28m (£32m) - Probably could of asked for more but never really shone for me
  • Nemanja Matic - Barcelona - £20m - New arrivals forced me to sell Matic, didn't really perform either
  • Antonio Valencia - Al-Shabab - £4.6m
  • Sergio Romero - Al-Hilal - £5m
  • Chris Smalling - Aston Villa - £14.5m (£18.25m)
  • Scott McTominay - Brighton - £20m (£28.5m)
  • Ondrej Duda - VfB Stuttgart - £12m
  • Timo Werner - Napoli - £40m
  • Joel Pereira - Sporting - £5.75m (£8m)

Currently playing a 4-2-4 wide formation to fully exploit the creative side of the players I have signed. According to my assistant manager, Marco Van Basten, my best XI would consist of these players;

1. GK - De Gea 
  2. RB - Diogo Dalot
  3. CB - Alan Franco
  4. CB - Benjamin Pavard
  5. LB - Luke Shaw
  6. CM - Paul Pogba
  7. CM - Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
  8. RW - Federico Chiesa
  9. LW - Anthony Martial
  10. ST - Harry Kane
  11. ST - Marcus Rashford

Originally I was just using this save as an introduction to the game but I have found myself falling in love with it, especially as the youth is slowly coming into it's own. Personal favourites are James Garner, Arnau Puigmal & Angel Gomes. Not too sure how I've managed it but I seem to be best of friends with Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba & Diogo Dalot, even without bringing them anything to celebrate almost three seasons in! Currently sitting top of the Premier League in November 2020, one point clear of Tottenham. Big game against Juventus to qualify for the knockout rounds of the Champions League after being pitted in an extremely difficult group, (Borussia Dortmund & Lokomotiv Moscow joined us).

Edited by TheDecentOne

@Mauley I mentioned a few days ago i would try going after Kane during the 2nd summer window and while he says he wants to join, Spurs have rejected both £80m +60/3y, and 120m up front. I dont know what methods can be used to unsettle him either. They havent even come back with an insane counter-offer, so i dont see it happening unless im offering somewhere around £200m and a decent amount of that being up-front.

While im not quite in the same position as you, i'd also be interested in hearing some suggestions. 

In my first season Lukaku was top scorer in the league around Jan/Feb when i looked, and then eventually Rashford was favoured for all the big games and Lukaku didnt seem to be having the same impact. I dont know if i screwed that up with my actions, or i made the right calls and he was having a bad spell. I know i started to notice when Rashford was my CF he'd get balls played over the top and beat the defensive line and tuck it away, while Lukaku i think i expected him to do better with crosses in, where he'd keep putting them over (he'd bag a handful, but it felt like he had so many chances).
I've considered Icardi, on the basis that maybe his stats would see him be more clinical with the same opportunities, though i do wonder whether a lot of Rashfords chances come from his pace, which Icardi lacks (18|17 vs 14|14). What Icardi does have though is 19|19|18|20 on key attributes for a poacher. I suspect his asking price would be in excess of £120m though.

I also noticed last night that on my save Rashford only has 3 stars for CA & PA, which concerns me for his long term growth, but TBH i dont know how much of a factor the stars alone are. Should i be paying much attention to the stars system (CA/PA) or can it often be misleading and other attributes are far more telling, just require more effort to 'read'. It seems odd that Rashford would be playing at his potential at 21 (Oct 97), and then at the same time Martial is 23 (Dec 95) and 26 months older, also has the same staff assessing him, and is 4 CA & 4.5 PA. Does that mean Rashford has peaked?

Also, out of interest, what are folks doing about the leadership vacuum thats currently at the club? Pogba got nothing out of going on a course, hardly surprising i suppose, but my highest rated player is Teirney who i felt somewhat compelled to make VC to Herrera, even though he'd only just arrived, and i absolutely hate the idea of signing someone and giving them such a position. I guessing i need to find people with the right personality characteristics if im going to train them to be a leader.

@TheDecentOne Nice timing! How was that Kane deal structured? I havent tried going that high.
Im currently in my 2nd summer and just picked up Savic (63m - asking price, WTF!) and Gedson Fernandes (17.5m & 30m/3y iirc). I have de Jong also, so pretty similar options to yourself.
No mention of Greenwood, i used him 7 times in the first season, got 2 goals & 3 assists in the last 2 league games when it the title was already won and he was playing with the 2nd string and kids. I havent added to the CF positions at all, so i suspect he'll get more games this season, but im cautious about moving him to the senior squad and only giving him sub appearances, versus leaving him to develop in the U23's but potentially have him worn out from a meaningless game when i decide i need him, even if only on the bench. 

25 minutes ago, PaulC2K said:

@TheDecentOne Nice timing! How was that Kane deal structured? I havent tried going that high.
Im currently in my 2nd summer and just picked up Savic (63m - asking price, WTF!) and Gedson Fernandes (17.5m & 30m/3y iirc). I have de Jong also, so pretty similar options to yourself.
No mention of Greenwood, i used him 7 times in the first season, got 2 goals & 3 assists in the last 2 league games when it the title was already won and he was playing with the 2nd string and kids. I havent added to the CF positions at all, so i suspect he'll get more games this season, but im cautious about moving him to the senior squad and only giving him sub appearances, versus leaving him to develop in the U23's but potentially have him worn out from a meaningless game when i decide i need him, even if only on the bench. 

About three months before the end of season I sent my head scout out to watch every game of his, I also began my praise for how much of a quality player he is. (Compliments go a long way!). I have three lots of installments at £15.3m each time, apart from that it was the full figure upfront. I had the luxury of finishing each season with a massive transfer budget so ended up spending it. Funnily enough I have just played Tottenham & Kane has scored the winner, he really is worth the figure you pay! Average a goal every 70minutes in the Premier League currently.

I do really need to bring Greenwood a bit more, however this season really is make or break for a lot of players so I do have to be careful with who plays in what game.

26 minutes ago, TheDecentOne said:

About three months before the end of season I sent my head scout out to watch every game of his, I also began my praise for how much of a quality player he is. (Compliments go a long way!). I have three lots of installments at £15.3m each time, apart from that it was the full figure upfront. I had the luxury of finishing each season with a massive transfer budget so ended up spending it. Funnily enough I have just played Tottenham & Kane has scored the winner, he really is worth the figure you pay! Average a goal every 70minutes in the Premier League currently.

I do really need to bring Greenwood a bit more, however this season really is make or break for a lot of players so I do have to be careful with who plays in what game.

I seem to be having no luck with Spurs at all. They're rejecting £225m up front. Im just seeing how silly they're going to get now. £180m i could live with (80m + 100m/3y), but rejecting 200+ in a single payment, him wanting to come but staying happy throughout isnt helping me. 
I've made him my top target, but not seeing any other option to communicate my intentions and unsettle him. Meanwhile DDG is complaining to teammates because i wont let him go to PSG for around 74m iirc. He wants more first team football apparently. He missed 3 games when the league was already won.

Edit: Ha, they've generously agreed to £300m up front, and are pleased with such swift negotiations. They've only rejected about 15 bids so far. Now i just need to convince the board to add the extra 210m i need!

Edited by PaulC2K

51 minutes ago, PaulC2K said:

I've made him my top target, but not seeing any other option to communicate my intentions and unsettle him.

Look at his favoured personnel and see if anyone's at your club, if they are, go into the "interaction" subheading and use the "promote club to top target" selection.

If you don't have any of his favoured personnel, just use your highest rep player, usually your captain.

I done this with Tonali of Brescia for over a year, they never lowered their price, but upon relegation he demanded a move and his plans were to sign for my club. So you'd likely be able to get him cut price if Tottenham failed to make the CL.

@RandomGuy. Brilliant, thanks for that. I had actually seen that a day or 2 ago but i dont think i really took in what it was. I've always gone looking through the target players pages and then tried to do the communicating directly, but then i suppose thats against the rules so rightly isnt an option.
DDG & Pogba seem to have the highest reputation, and he has friends in Sheringham who's out of work and might be worth bringing in as a U18s coach if it'll help.

I dunno if its much help to everyone, but worth mentioning that i've asked the board to increase the sales revenue percentage (default 90%) and they've agreed and bumped it to the full 100% on the basis that we've been doing well. I suspect thats based on financial income (sponsors, competitions etc) through success, as typically you'd think success would suggest things are fine as they are. So it might be worthwhile asking if you havent already. I dont typically bother the board unless i want something, but so far i dont recall them refusing anything (more coaches, training facilities upgrade, and sales % in the first 12 months). Its not the same as wanting a new stadium or a load more money, but probably something i should have done sooner.

Starting up a United save, aiming to turn them into Jardim's 2016-17 Monaco (if it goes really well may even make a thread of the tactic), lots of transfer madness first window but this may be the most left-field one I've made:

1162753949_Screenshot2018-12-05at01_12_36.thumb.png.412c01397ced91cc0808288401aaf7b2.png

I was amazed any of his physicals were in the green tbh, but gotta love having another Perfectionist around to hopefully mentor Shaw.