Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

42 minutes ago, knap said:

@Ahabos

You can sort google docs by formation. You can also search for 4231 on the tactics table held by Baden Poweell site.

Ok thanks, not sure where baden powell site is, but I'm sifting through your google docs as we speak, I'm in 2nd season pre-season, I uploaded to train the FM21.5TIMEKnap4231CHOLDP103FACC one, since it seems to be latest updated one. Good question, the guy above me asked, if it still works. Interesting assymmetrical instructions, IF on left on support, rest on attack with him. Hope it suits Fati. 

• Replies 37.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, agreed said:

are you scoring many goals?

lol

the 433 DM Wide is the latest HGF 451 here 

In my 3 tactic slots I have Parisienne on attacking, Parisienne on cautious, and HGF 451 on positive. I play the 451 in most away matches, and the 4231 on attacking in most home matches. As mentioned previously I load up on match prep for every match; my goal is to have match preview/review, attacking movement, defensive shape, teamwork, and match tactics for every game. If there's not enough training segments I prioritize attacking movement and defensive shape.

Every two weeks I alternate individual training on all players between the role I want them to play in the 4231 vs. the 451. That way I can feel like both tactics are performing at their max potential.

As posted yesterday since the latest update I had something like 81/20 scored/conceded in 22 games. 7 of the conceded were in the 2 legs of the Champions League quarters against PSG. I have won 19 Ligue 1 matches in a row but unfortunately PSG has been bonkers this season.

20210112114212_1.thumb.jpg.01b8dd6a06fc571dd4b63dc6374bb12e.jpg

20210112114225_1.thumb.jpg.00e280d3de33e88889903ca008adb930.jpg

20210112114339_1.thumb.jpg.69ec459499f7f6c69329e8c73ef77d13.jpg

20210112114407_1.thumb.jpg.c2c5883f9dc1b4a087207ba8579251f2.jpg

2 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

lol

the 433 DM Wide is the latest HGF 451 here 

In my 3 tactic slots I have Parisienne on attacking, Parisienne on cautious, and HGF 451 on positive. I play the 451 in most away matches, and the 4231 on attacking in most home matches. As mentioned previously I load up on match prep for every match; my goal is to have match preview/review, attacking movement, defensive shape, teamwork, and match tactics for every game. If there's not enough training segments I prioritize attacking movement and defensive shape.

Every two weeks I alternate individual training on all players between the role I want them to play in the 4231 vs. the 451. That way I can feel like both tactics are performing at their max potential.

As posted yesterday since the latest update I had something like 81/20 scored/conceded in 22 games. 7 of the conceded were in the 2 legs of the Champions League quarters against PSG. I have won 19 Ligue 1 matches in a row but unfortunately PSG has been bonkers this season.

20210112114212_1.thumb.jpg.01b8dd6a06fc571dd4b63dc6374bb12e.jpg

20210112114225_1.thumb.jpg.00e280d3de33e88889903ca008adb930.jpg

20210112114339_1.thumb.jpg.69ec459499f7f6c69329e8c73ef77d13.jpg

20210112114407_1.thumb.jpg.c2c5883f9dc1b4a087207ba8579251f2.jpg

oh nice thanks for the reply. i've been struggling to score with most tactics which is annoying because my strikers are ridiculously good! i have tried doing the training myself and also letting the am do it, not sure if it makes a difference in my opinion. sometimes i think it makes things worse. in fact i don't even know anymore :D this game drives me insane :D

2 minutes ago, agreed said:

oh nice thanks for the reply. i've been struggling to score with most tactics which is annoying because my strikers are ridiculously good! i have tried doing the training myself and also letting the am do it, not sure if it makes a difference in my opinion. sometimes i think it makes things worse. in fact i don't even know anymore :D this game drives me insane :D

Match prep makes a huge difference, although I actually am not a fan of any of the training schedules that players have released, including the RDF ones for knap's tactics. I actually use the AM recommendation for general training and then add in all the match prep manually.

The ones that other players have released have caused me far too many injuries as well as far too many complaints from players. Using the AM as a base then adding on match prep has been far less headaches.

10 minutes ago, knap said:

@Ahabos

For Baden Powell follow my YT links.

That 4231 is slightly unusual

For Barcelona, would you recommend this slightly unusual 4231, or the parsienne with wingers (excellent write up about it @drhay53, much appriciated), or the parsienne with IFs? I'm maybe leaning on the latter, cuz Barca style liking inside forwards (Fati and maybe Messi wide), but is maybe too attacking? (more AT then supports). Tho in your google doc stats they seem similar, 5 more goals for IF, and 2 more goals conceded then winger parsienne. 

5 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Match prep makes a huge difference, although I actually am not a fan of any of the training schedules that players have released, including the RDF ones for knap's tactics. I actually use the AM recommendation for general training and then add in all the match prep manually.

The ones that other players have released have caused me far too many injuries as well as far too many complaints from players. Using the AM as a base then adding on match prep has been far less headaches.

just coming back to this. been frustrated for so long as i feel like i'm not doing anywhere near as well as i should be. i mean i'm still winning the league but in terms of dominating games and scoring goals it just hasn't really been there. just decided to add attacking movement match prep before every game and i've won 10 on the spin banging in the goals aswell. seems like it is really helping me. although none of this explains why i can't replicate everyone elses success in terms of points and goals when they most likely let their AM take charge of training anyway :D

4 minutes ago, agreed said:

just coming back to this. been frustrated for so long as i feel like i'm not doing anywhere near as well as i should be. i mean i'm still winning the league but in terms of dominating games and scoring goals it just hasn't really been there. just decided to add attacking movement match prep before every game and i've won 10 on the spin banging in the goals aswell. seems like it is really helping me. although none of this explains why i can't replicate everyone elses success in terms of points and goals when they most likely let their AM take charge of training anyway :D

yeah I don't know how people do it with AM training either but IMO defensive shape makes a huge difference in terms of players getting back and blocking shots before they get to the keeper in a one-on-one. 

And since all of these tactics are extreme pressing tactics I think teamwork is pretty important as well. If you notice "pressing" is specifically mentioned as being boosted for the upcoming match. "Match Tactics" is the one I'm least sure about, but it also trains the decisions and teamwork attributes, which is totally fine to load up on IMO.

In weeks with 2 matches I will sometimes literally fill the entire week with recovery or match prep, with no other types of training.

That said, because of PSG I've only won Ligue 1 once in 4 years, despite excellent results.

10 minuti fa, Fyakin ha scritto:

To you more experience players in FM,

What is your favorite combo tactics for Middle to Top teams ?

4312 dark side of the moon worked for me from league 1 with sunderland to win the champions league in my fifth season with them. 

13 ore fa, Pvfcfan ha scritto:

I can’t seem to keep a clean sheet with it. Winning games and scoring lots of goals but I’ve gone 9 games without a clean sheet. 

it's very hard to keep get a clean sheet in general, in some matches i won 5-3 or 6-4, especially away seems to be a goal galore any time.

A lot of times i dominate the first half (most of the time i play with cautious mentality away) and in the second half i have to face the coming back of other team.

On 11/01/2021 at 11:06, hm86 said:

Thats some achievement with Brechin mate, can you point me to the download link? I've checked the Google Doc of Knaps but can't find a Parisienne with that name?

It's this one, the points might have been revised in a later version that might be why you couldn't find it.