Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sp4rtak22 said:

OXFORD best???

I have used a fair few of Knap tactics since the new patch and for consistency, the Sicilian 4222 is the best, I know MrL test says differently but for me Sicilian was. I have better than the Oxford tactic.

i dont know what knap bes tactics. i think only oxford is the best but it only best for top teams. i used that with city and always not good away games, always beaten by Liverpool (6-0). i dont know what happen to your tactics knap for this years.

As always the test can vary player to player much like anyone saying they've a wonder tactic that won everything when they play as Man City or Liverpool , go figure lol team worth hundreds of millions wins games shocker

Everyone is always searching for the golden bullet that'll win the lot with their own favourite team when in reality even in the old days of plug and play tactics using ME exploits folks could still screw it up lol

Sicillian was by far and away the best most consistent tactic i've used recently and now having a season with the tweaked Paris one 

6 minutes ago, rammalc said:

As always the test can vary player to player much like anyone saying they've a wonder tactic that won everything when they play as Man City or Liverpool , go figure lol team worth hundreds of millions wins games shocker

Everyone is always searching for the golden bullet that'll win the lot with their own favourite team when in reality even in the old days of plug and play tactics using ME exploits folks could still screw it up lol

Sicillian was by far and away the best most consistent tactic i've used recently and now having a season with the tweaked Paris one 

Oxford is much better than Sicillian. more less conceded and better in away games

17 minutes ago, ronny said:

i think MR L tactic testing is more valid than FM Base

Actallly, I`m not so sure. They changed the ABB on the teams. Underdog is now not 120, but 140. And subtop i 165.
My underdog team would never have 140 abb. More like 120. And sub top 165, well barca is 168... And that is with Messi at 194 to pull the avr. way up.

So I actually trust FMBase more atm.

Best tactic i have tested so far after the patch.

Yes i have only played 10 games but still.

Smashed Atletico Madrid 0-6 away, they did get a red card but i was already up by 2 goals then.

And do also have a really hard Group in the champions League too.

Really good tactic knap :P

No transfers.

Skjermbilde (2).png

Skjermbilde (3).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

Skjermbilde (5).png

Skjermbilde (6).png

FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS.fmf

Edited by Essiko98|

24 minutes ago, Essiko98| said:

Best tactic i have tested so far after the patch.

Yes i have only played 10 games but still.

Smashed Atletico Madrid 0-6 away, they did get a red card but i was already up by 2 goals then.

And do also have a really hard Group in the champions League too.

Really good tactic knap :P

No transfers.

Skjermbilde (2).png

Skjermbilde (3).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

Skjermbilde (5).png

Skjermbilde (6).png

FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS.fmf 44.84 kB · 17 downloads

how with this tactic so good defensive? i try this and concedde many goals (sorry bad English)

I have looked at ARGUS 352 pts on both MR L and FM Base and the pts totals were about same, I would say both tests are valid but both are producing different results.

FM Arena is a fairly meaningless test as they use very high reputation or very low reputation, which distorts how the AI will play against test team.

I don't trust any tests this year. MRL, FM Base and FM Arena. No proper tests. According to MRL best tactics is Argus and Oxford. I've tried both, but none of them are as good as other Knap tactics.

Especially the FM base is a complete comedy. I think the FM arena is the best. there are at least the results and the table is shared.

FM Arena is based on an unrealistic reputation adjustment, that will seldom be met in FM.

If you look at results the underdog team actually wins league and performs better than favourite.

The favourite does not relate to sub top but favourite in a match.

Edited by knap

6 dakika önce, knap said:

FM Arena is based on an unrealistic reputation adjustment, that will seldom be met in FM.

I don't know what they are doing or how accurately they are analyzing. but 442 beowulf is definitely not the performance at MRL. I've been using your tactics for 2 years.
I think the two best tactics you've done this year are beowulf 442 and 4141 (I don't remember the name 4141)

12 minutes ago, knap said:

If you look at results the underdog team actually wins league and performs better than favourite.

The favourite does not relate to sub top but favourite in a match.

there are two versions which one to take?

4 saat önce, ronny said:

i think MR L tactic testing is more valid than FM Base

fm base absolutely nonsense. But this year I can't trust MRL. because beowolf is the best of all tested tactics there but MRL says Oxford or Argus is the best! :)

If you want a favourite guide just use me Lpool pts which will put BEOWULF 442 top, which I know works with Arsenal and Spurs.

Underdog I would use best away tactic for underdog test on MR L or FM Base. Unfortunately it is not easy to ascertain. Underdog on MRL would be 4132 on FM Base Sicilian on both ARGUS 352.

Part of the problem with the testing of tactics is that folk just tend to think you can plug n play. This is no longer the case.

Mentaility plays a massive part of how a team will perform.

I'm using the stargazing tactic with two underdog teams but have had to tweak it because the urgent pressing as well as a very high defensive line is just a recipe for disaster that just results in a massive gap for balls over the top to be knocked in to. Hard tackling doesn't work for me either.

2 dakika önce, grff said:

Part of the problem with the testing of tactics is that folk just tend to think you can plug n play. This is no longer the case.

Mentaility plays a massive part of how a team will perform.

I'm using the stargazing tactic with two underdog teams but have had to tweak it because the urgent pressing as well as a very high defensive line is just a recipe for disaster that just results in a massive gap for balls over the top to be knocked in to. Hard tackling doesn't work for me either.

I agree. and unfortunately too many cards come out.

Permission was refused to test this tactics and the post deleted. They then messed up test anyway. Then see comment by tff sister. FM Arena is a joke.. Now deleted tff sister comment|!

https://fm-arena.com/tactic/89-Areadbhar-v2/#comment-176

I would avoid this site.

Edited by knap

3 hours ago, cocomaya said:

fm base absolutely nonsense. But this year I can't trust MRL. because beowolf is the best of all tested tactics there but MRL says Oxford or Argus is the best! :)

Testing at Mr. L right now is very slow.

I think testing tactics right now, for me, is completely useless since 20.3 is near the corner and ME will change.

After March will have an idea how tactics in FM20 scores the best; both from FM Base or Mr. L

As far for FM-ARENA, it's based on reputation only. Unreliable.

I have to agree. Since FM19 it's a combo between CA, Reputation, PR (Player Roles), Mentality and Formation.

The introduction of Defence Line of Engagement and Defence Line has completely mess up the game, because you don't have the option of vertical and horizontal lines on tactics. Just saying.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, cocomaya said:

just tried it man. i already try beowulf and oxford with man city. beowulf is more conceded than oxford. when away games, beowulf is terrible. oxford more stable

Reffering to the tests from MRL site, i started a new game with Legia Warsaw using two tactics as a set, depending on where the match is played. I chose Oxford 41221 for matches at home, and Argus 352 for away games. As you see, the results were very good.

The main disadvantage is the need to have a fairly flexible squad compositon, because you need to fill many positions, I had difficulties in deciding which individual training should i choose for a specific player, for example when he is playing as a DMC at home, but as a WBL away. I can also recommend using "mentality masterplan" by Optimus (mentioned a few post ago) for learning about the basics of mentality changing during the individual match. Sometimes it requires many changes in one single match, but it's very useful tool in reading the match properly.

argus_oxford.jpg