Rate the Demo

2/10

it does look the part. the layout is very good.

the 3D is awful, the players just don't move or react in an aesthetically pleasing way at all. it takes me back to the FM produced by addictive games all those years ago, albeit with a "modern" look to it.

The fun seems to have been wrung out of it over the years. This incarnation is not fun to play. i don't feel involved in the game at all.

i've played CM/FM since the 1993 and i have always played from a fantasy point of view; i will never be a football manager in real life, never mind a good one, so for me FM has always been about fun and getting my team to the top of the league and winning stuff and having good players and living a life that just isn't going to happen. I can tell from the few matches i've had that this is going to be the worst FM ever for me, the fantasy player.

Steam doesn't like my choice of anti-virus and other utility software I have on my computer, so i cannot acquire FM via steam.

I don't like the DRM - what was wrong with sticking the cd in the drive to play?

I won't be buying FM09. I look forward to FM10 and hope the fun will be back.

As a loyal customer I thank SI Games for all the years of fun I have had.

5/10 the 3d shows promise but the animations and match engine are cleary a work in progress and at the moment it bears little resemblance to a credible 3d simulation of a football match. I wasn't epecting fifa graphics, but I was expecting a solid engine with a solid player AI. It's nowhere near there yet. As it is, it very much reminds me of one of EA sports first ventures into football management, an old game called Premier league manager 99. Disappointed, but I have faith that SI will patch it up.

I have to say i have been impressed after initial download problems. Even though 3d does slow the game down i love it in split screen and full screen with all the widgets. Assistant managers have become more important however to find a decent one is even harder. 8/10 for me so far and can potentially rise further with improvements on the injuries and player conditioning. Well done SI people stop worrying SI always try and deliver

9/10

I'm in love and will never favor FM08 over FM09. The match engine is superb, the 3D is neat and fun (For some of us:p) and there's a bundle of new tiny features that just add that little extra. I have been one of the lucky ones who haven't experienced any real bugs or problems with the game. I have to switch to 2D classic and back to 3D to get the players to appear, but that doesn't bother me.

Great game!

8/10.

Love the general gameplay, the 3d is good, and more importantly the match engine gives an accurate representation of real football in relation to possession, scorelines, etc.

Transfers are easier but not a walk in the park, and the new match reports are excellent as well. Definitely an improvement.

6/10. The injury issue takes away about 3 of that, as its completely ruining my enjoyment of the game by having to choose between cheating using the real time editor or having so many injuries that I'm having to use under 18s just to have a full match squad.

Other issues, such as the over-sensitive typing, having a very jerky match engine despite being told that 2D would be about the same as previous versions if our systems weren't up to 3D (though my PC just about scraping past the minimum requirements is sure to be responsible for that) and possibly the awful news item screen are relatively minor issues, but annoying nevertheless.

8/10. Couple of minor glitches for me but otherwise fine.

At the moment, I would rate these forums 2/10 for the number of people whining unconstructively without backing their statements up, posting masses of duplicate threads about known issues that are being worked on, not understanding that they need drivers for their graphics card, complaining about injuries when they are playing unfit players in preseason friendlies 3 days apart.

Maybe moronic behaviour is a function of how much time people spend on the internet, I don't know...

Potentially,this FM deserves an 8.5/10. New features which actually work(good job on fixing the confidence), transfer system way more realistic, press conferences(although they are a bit boring), and the match engine has been improved.

However, I am disappointed at the system specs. Admittedly, I own a laptop, however while it is able to play FIFA09, it is unable to play FM09 graphics. You having a laugh?

Because of that, I give it a 6.5/10. It's like having chocolate and only being able to settle for a sweet.

Probably due to my unreasonably high expectations I'd give my Demo Experience: 5/10

Hopefully all the small glitches and stuff will be fixed and in all honesty I was very dissapointed with

the hype that in reality turned out to be not that much more exciting... Hopefully the full game will

see vast improvments in areas like the sensitive keyboard and injuries. How do SI play this game?

8/10,

I hope they will add substitution option on the TV view, its annoying to switch back and forth.

Don't you just click on the up/down arrows by your team name in TV mode for substitutions?

5 out of 10 for me. That probably sounds very harsh, but I actually am really excited about the post-patch game. It's just that the injuries bug was so bad for me that I couldn't go on. Without that bug, I'd have probably gone for 8 or 9.

6.7/10 - (Highlights loading, sloppy presentation, stadiums, no highlights speed slider, injury balance, tactics without arrows means sliders more important and that showcases its non-obvious approach - would have liked some new tactics options)

8.2/10 - (Highlights/engine load before match kicks-off, fix players sliding around without walking etc, community skin and graphics, highlights speed slider and less frequent/lengthy injury lay-offs)

I think it has the 'potential' to be great.

I give the demo a CA of 80 but it leads me to believe that the final game, with patches etc, has a PA that could be anywhere from 150-190.

I think the injuries are too annoying but I do like the potential of the 3d representation. I hope that the assistant manager stuff helps me get to the bottom of the tactical problems I've had with 07 and 08 where I can't seem to get out of a bad run, or don't understand why I've won one game but lost another.

It would be good to be able to patch the demo for the injury problem, and whatever other fixes are applied to the proper release, so I can properly decide whether it is worth my money.

7/10

Of course every year is gonna be getting better and better but i just feel everytime they add a new feature it should have already been in the game.

Does Si save up all the idea's so they can make a release every year and make lots of cash :D

Archived