Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys!

I would like to modify "gaining nationality" in Hungary for 3 years for ALL players, including youth players. I'm using Daveincid's mod pack and put 3 years to Hungary. Working well at senior level, all senior signings working well as intended. (reducing to 1095 days, perfect!)

BUUUT, when I sign young player for my U-19 squad well, in this case still counting from 1825 days (5 years original)... :(

Fun fact: If I take other modified country, everything are flawlessly working in senior and young level as well. It's driving me crazy...

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanx!

(FM22)

Update: Seems like if I sign 18 yo player the modify is working but under...

Edited by Gabez

Is it possible to make it so that the club competition from a certain country is still linked to international club football (as in, the winner of the league gets to compete in the CL, etc.) BUT have that "country" basically not exist on national level? So what I mean by that is not having a national team at all and therefore not being considered for international tournaments. It seems quite easy to have it have "empty" national teams which more or less accomplishes the same, it's just less pleasing visually.

14 hours ago, MRC said:

Is it possible to make it so that the club competition from a certain country is still linked to international club football (as in, the winner of the league gets to compete in the CL, etc.) BUT have that "country" basically not exist on national level? So what I mean by that is not having a national team at all and therefore not being considered for international tournaments. It seems quite easy to have it have "empty" national teams which more or less accomplishes the same, it's just less pleasing visually.

So you want them to only play friendlies? Take Saint Pierre and just change all their details

vor 20 Minuten schrieb themodelcitizen:

So you want them to only play friendlies? Take Saint Pierre and just change all their details

No, I want them to not play at all internationally.

Basically, I created an European Super League in a newly created representative state (based on Ireland pre-1922). And while there is NO club producing players for that representative state, I was wondering if it was possible to exclude them from the international stage from scratch. 

But I believe I have to have them be a Worldwide governing body full member in order to have the clubs be able to participate in the CL/EL/ECL, right?

5 hours ago, MRC said:

No, I want them to not play at all internationally.

Basically, I created an European Super League in a newly created representative state (based on Ireland pre-1922). And while there is NO club producing players for that representative state, I was wondering if it was possible to exclude them from the international stage from scratch. 

But I believe I have to have them be a Worldwide governing body full member in order to have the clubs be able to participate in the CL/EL/ECL, right?

Not being a worldwide governing body member wouldn't accomplish that anyway. They'd still be able to play friendlies and be able to participate in some tournaments. I believe the Euro qualifiers are set for a specific number of teams, so they wouldn't get into that unless they somehow had more ranking points than another European country or something. They should still be eligible for the Gold Cup, AFCON, Asian Cup (and also Asian WC qualifies since they're also qualifiers for the Asian Cup, although would be excluded from the final round that actually qualifies teams to the WC) though depending on what continent they're on.

For your question, possibly. If you're willing to use a custom continental competition then it might be possible. Crimea are hardcoded to have no team and play no matches (not even friendlies), but they're also not included in any club continental competitions. So if you used them for your league and created a custom continental competition set to draw teams from Crimea then it might work.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb rusty217:

Not being a worldwide governing body member wouldn't accomplish that anyway. (...)

I see, thank you very much for the elaborate answer! I believe I'll just accept the way I have it set up for now considering that would be quite a bit of work and I have more significant matters (spanish and german cup drawing teams that aren't even playing in Spain/Germany anymore & just have their based nation still set there so they produce players from that country)

Hi,

once I came across something like an amateur editor patch. Thanks to it, many buttons in the editor became active (ex. changing continets).
I already have 801,000 changes in my database and I don't want to go through all the leagues again later to look for errors, so I need a button to work:

image.thumb.png.dc1c7eaa7c0bbf1b7267e070a64e2d18.png

it's the lower right corner, hovered over by an arrow.
I'm afraid that the new leagues will not function properly with selected clubs from a given region and from other regions will not be admitted.
Later, an advanced editor awaits me (after I make all the changes), maybe then I will be able to easily remove "Teams in region".

Hi everyone. 

I was looking at starting a new save as my local team Tadcaster who are small team based in North Yorkshire. I’m not bothered about downloading anything to start in their real life league do to slow laptop speed

I’m playing on using the editor to put them into the conference north and just start from there. Is there anything I should do in the pre game editor that I’m not considering. I don’t want to 5 years in and the save be ruined and all a waste of time. 

I was going to swap them to conference north, make their reputation slightly lower any other team in the league and just go from from the here.. 

Any thoughts? Or will that be enough ? 

On 06/12/2022 at 09:46, beerdanko said:

Player national eligibility question

Hey guys. Is there a way to edit the time it takes (five years) for a player to be eligible for a new national team? The only thing I can find is "years to gain nationality" which doesn't change the five year eligibilty requirement. Thanks

No, you can't... it's harcoded as is an rule from FIFA.

2 hours ago, GlennLUFC said:

Hi everyone. 

I was looking at starting a new save as my local team Tadcaster who are small team based in North Yorkshire. I’m not bothered about downloading anything to start in their real life league do to slow laptop speed

I’m playing on using the editor to put them into the conference north and just start from there. Is there anything I should do in the pre game editor that I’m not considering. I don’t want to 5 years in and the save be ruined and all a waste of time. 

I was going to swap them to conference north, make their reputation slightly lower any other team in the league and just go from from the here.. 

Any thoughts? Or will that be enough ? 

Just if you don't play with the rules, everything will be fine. (finger-cross)

6 hours ago, krakonico said:

No, you can't... it's harcoded as is an rule from FIFA.

Getting boring with tinkering in pre-editor. I cannot fix my existing problem (wanna reduce gain nationality from 5 to 3) about signing u-18 foreign players in Hungarian league. Seems like it is hardcoded too. Is it hardcoded really? :(

Tested with Slovakia, Armenia etc. They are fine and if I sign young players there they are counting back from 1095 days perfectly but Hungary...

Even tested this: With editor subtracted (before: 1095 days) X years with an older young player he jumped back to 5 years. SOOOO fudging frustrating... :(:D
Best thing to do is give up and edit MANUALLY EVERY U-18 player after arriving to my squad... COOL...

Edited by Gabez

I would like to use the pre-game editor to move current international players to a list of teams in a league I've created.

Is there an easy way to bring up a list of the current international teams in the pre-game editor?

Example what i want to do:

Move the Spanish national team to Millwall.

*I'll be using the no work permit database to mark squad registrations not a problem.

How can I find out which of my editor files is causing the problems?

I have hundreds of editor files loaded into my savegame. Some of them are just optical, changing some names or nationalities, some are for gameplay like injuries, or updates like transfers and activating nations. So far so good, those files all work together.

Now I have also added a lot of new/old/defunct competitions. There are mulitple competitions that act weird (like missing every 4th year) or not getting played at all, but 2 things that get messed up almost all the time. That being the Viareggio Tournament which becomes bi-annual instead of anual. And the same goes for the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederations League. For every test where I remove files that behave strangely my FM acts more normal, 

I know it is the risk of loading so many files, but as they all do their seperate things, I hoped they could work together. Can someone tell me some pointers to look for to see which file is causing which problem? I suspected that if the CAF competitions are messed up, it must have something to do with the sub-regional champions leagues that I downloaded. But as the Viareggio is for worldwide teams, I don't know if that is caused by the same, or by other files.

For each test I run the game for a few hours to get at least to 2030 to see if everything works, but sometimes I leave it running longer. I am at test 15 right now. What can I do to speed the process up, or to pinpoint the incompatible file?

Edited by Jorgen

Hi!

Just bought FM23 and downloaded some database files to fix things like incorrect names. I have them all ticked (see image below) but only some changes have worked.

As you can see, two Brazilian team names have changed but not the rest:

Any help very much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

database.jpg

brazil.jpg

For reference, I have saved the downloaded files in to this location.

files.jpg

Edited by joebailey141

On 16/12/2022 at 16:57, Jorgen said:

Now I have also added a lot of new/old/defunct competitions. There are mulitple competitions that act weird (like missing every 4th year) or not getting played at all, but 2 things that get messed up almost all the time. That being the Viareggio Tournament which becomes bi-annual instead of anual. And the same goes for the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederations League. For every test where I remove files that behave strangely my FM acts more normal...

Sounds like African clubs have too many games and its pushing the continental comps past the season reset day in CAF. Are there any youth tournaments running too? That may be crowding fixtures for U19 or U20 teams and doing the same thing to the Viareggio? That one's a bit weirder because it should have plenty of time

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds like African clubs have too many games and its pushing the continental comps past the season reset day in CAF. Are there any youth tournaments running too? That may be crowding fixtures for U19 or U20 teams and doing the same thing to the Viareggio? That one's a bit weirder because it should have plenty of time

That could be the case indeed. Strange thing is that they do play a CAF Supercup every year. I have settled in only playing 2 sub-regional Champions Leagues in Asia (East and Southeast) and none in Africa, because it kept messing it up.
Though I've loaded every African nation, I have only loaded a handful of cups (WAFU nations and youth) and ARAB CL.

Another thing I found out that some of the youth tournaments would mess up the UEFA Supercup, and the wrong teams are picked
This happens when they are loaded first (filenames starting with numbers). When I remove those numbers in the filenames, and thus force the game to load them later down the line, the UEFA Supercup picks the right teams again.

I am at my 27th test right now and it seems I have found a sweet spot between loading as much as I can and keeping the FM world intact.
With 269 files loaded... 😅

37 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

That could be the case indeed. Strange thing is that they do play a CAF Supercup every year. I have settled in only playing 2 sub-regional Champions Leagues in Asia (East and Southeast) and none in Africa, because it kept messing it up.
Though I've loaded every African nation, I have only loaded a handful of cups (WAFU nations and youth) and ARAB CL.

Another thing I found out that some of the youth tournaments would mess up the UEFA Supercup, and the wrong teams are picked
This happens when they are loaded first (filenames starting with numbers). When I remove those numbers in the filenames, and thus force the game to load them later down the line, the UEFA Supercup picks the right teams again.

I am at my 27th test right now and it seems I have found a sweet spot between loading as much as I can and keeping the FM world intact.
With 269 files loaded... 😅

If you don't mind them functioning as secondary titles (like the Europa League) you could "ignore" the teams in the more prestigious competitions, as long as the subregional comps are drawn later. Then just have them play on the same matchweek (like Europa League on Thursdays after Champions League Wednesdays).

Somewhat realistic as IRL when those tournaments run they often have to skip over top teams and go down the list to find teams who have available dates

On 19/12/2022 at 02:46, themodelcitizen said:

If you don't mind them functioning as secondary titles (like the Europa League) you could "ignore" the teams in the more prestigious competitions, as long as the subregional comps are drawn later. Then just have them play on the same matchweek (like Europa League on Thursdays after Champions League Wednesdays).

Somewhat realistic as IRL when those tournaments run they often have to skip over top teams and go down the list to find teams who have available dates

I don't quite understand what you mean exactly.

Found another buggy cup. The Gothia Cup is now missing 3 years in between so I removed it from the folder and started a new holiday test.

Edit: Seems the save is stable until around 2115. 

Edited by Jorgen

I want create international club competition consisting of 12 clubs, but I want to make league format with only 4 games/dates to play (not 11 rounds) and than best four advance to final four..

So basically how to set those 4 dates properly?? Now, I'm getting error that league should have 11 rounds instead of 4..

3 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

I want create international club competition consisting of 12 clubs, but I want to make league format with only 4 games/dates to play (not 11 rounds) and than best four advance to final four..

So basically how to set those 4 dates properly?? Now, I'm getting error that league should have 11 rounds instead of 4..

That's probably since you are making a league/group, every team must play at least 1 game against the other opponents in said league/group, that's why the editor asked you 11 rounds instead of 4.  What you can do is four groups of three teams each, and they will play three rounds, and make the leader of the group advance to the final four.  A tip is that you set various tie-breakers so a team isn't selected randomly if they are tied in several statistics.

10 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

I'm pretty sure that's not possible in the simple editor.

In advanced, set the number of rounds to 0 and untick the create fixtures box. Then setup an alternative way of getting the fixtures instead. You could import them from another stage, eg. have a group stage that generates the fixtures and just transfers the results to the league stage table (like the Brazilian Sao Paulo state championship) or you could create a custom fixture plan within the league stage (like the new UCL league stage format). You do have to tell it how to get 4 games per team from 12 clubs though.

5 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

If you have two edt files, one with an award set to say 15 rep, and the other file with it set to 12... which one will the game use?

Both. It applies them in alphabetical order though, so the end result would be whichever file's name comes last in alphabetical order.

If I want to add a nations-league style competition to another continent (say AFC or CAF), how do I ensure that matches are scheduled during international match windows? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but scheduling outside of these windows would prevent nations from calling up players from outside their domestic leagues.

I can easily sim forward 4 years to find open dates to avoid conflicts with existing international competitions, but I'd like to make sure the matches are falling into the correct windows so each nation can field its most competitive teams. I also know that FIFA publishes an international match calendar, but that is only available for a few years out at a time.

5 hours ago, jmd127 said:

If I want to add a nations-league style competition to another continent (say AFC or CAF), how do I ensure that matches are scheduled during international match windows? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but scheduling outside of these windows would prevent nations from calling up players from outside their domestic leagues.

I can easily sim forward 4 years to find open dates to avoid conflicts with existing international competitions, but I'd like to make sure the matches are falling into the correct windows so each nation can field its most competitive teams. I also know that FIFA publishes an international match calendar, but that is only available for a few years out at a time.

Set up Fixture Dates that use a Special Date and pick one of the International options there, Like this:

20221221094815_1.thumb.jpg.72cfcd4863472c9b7cd4732297271664.jpg

This competition starts in 2023 so the base year (2000) counts as 2023. As such this match will use the 2nd March international slot in 2023, could change that to any of the June, September etc. options too. Change the year to 2001 and it would use the 2024 dates instead (start year +1).

Then in your Stages set it to use those Fixture Dates, like this:

20221221094739_1.thumb.jpg.62ad35e473dcddd89549fa11bddeedfa.jpg

Oh, and you're wrong. International teams can call up anybody regardless of when the date is. I've had to add some January internationals for American WC Qualifiers and my SA Nations League (thanks winter WC!) before and they've still been able to call up all of their European based players. There are options to restrict national teams to only using continent or domestic based players, but if you don't use them they can call up anybody still.

On 20/12/2022 at 16:53, rusty217 said:

Set up Fixture Dates that use a Special Date and pick one of the International options there, Like this:

20221221094815_1.thumb.jpg.72cfcd4863472c9b7cd4732297271664.jpg

This competition starts in 2023 so the base year (2000) counts as 2023. As such this match will use the 2nd March international slot in 2023, could change that to any of the June, September etc. options too. Change the year to 2001 and it would use the 2024 dates instead (start year +1).

Then in your Stages set it to use those Fixture Dates, like this:

20221221094739_1.thumb.jpg.62ad35e473dcddd89549fa11bddeedfa.jpg

Oh, and you're wrong. International teams can call up anybody regardless of when the date is. I've had to add some January internationals for American WC Qualifiers and my SA Nations League (thanks winter WC!) before and they've still been able to call up all of their European based players. There are options to restrict national teams to only using continent or domestic based players, but if you don't use them they can call up anybody still.

Ah, I'm guessing that the player restriction option was added later than FM20, as that's what I'm messing around in. I guessing it's in the "Players" rules in later editions? Anyway, thanks for the info!

Hi all!

I read somewhere that if I have multiple editor files selected that overlap in what they change, the files listed lower in alphabetic order will override the files listed higher (i.e a file starting with the letter B will override conflicting changes from a file starting with the letter A).

Is this confirmed? Thanks!

1 hour ago, prodigy10 said:

Hi all!

I read somewhere that if I have multiple editor files selected that overlap in what they change, the files listed lower in alphabetic order will override the files listed higher (i.e a file starting with the letter B will override conflicting changes from a file starting with the letter A).

Is this confirmed? Thanks!

Can confirm. There's a reason a bunch of my files start with an x or a z. It's to ensure they're one of the last files loaded.

I don't think it's actually been necessary in FM23 yet, but in FM22 there were quite a few bugs with editor files. A couple in particular prevented files from being verified due to an issue with either the African Nations or the Euros. I got around that by disablin those tournaments in any affected files. My international file would always come last in alphabetical order (intentionally so) and re-enable those competitions later, allowing me to use editor files even with that issue while not actually having to remove those international competitions.

Yeah, just think of a DB as a list of changes, at career start the game goes down the list of changes and applies them all. So if you've changed, say, Man Utd's long name in two different files, it will apply each change on its way down the list of files alphabetically, and obviously the latter one will show. If you've changed their short name in the first file only, that change will still show because nothing's overwritten it.

Hi. I want my team to have white shirts and black shorts like irl. I play with a norwegian 6.division team in an edited database. They now have white shirts and shorts. But when I try to change the colours in the in game editor, the shirt changes to blue. It is impossible to give the team white shirts and black shorts. Any way to fix this?

5 hours ago, guku said:

Is there a way to add Player/Manager of the Month awards?

Duplicate an existing player/manager of the month award and change the continent/nation/competition and names to what you want.

Pretty strange that month isn't one of the selectable options for awards, it carries that over for duplicated ones still though so it can be done at least.

23 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Duplicate an existing player/manager of the month award and change the continent/nation/competition and names to what you want.

Pretty strange that month isn't one of the selectable options for awards, it carries that over for duplicated ones still though so it can be done at least.

Thank you!

Is there a way to see how the default continental cup coefficients are calculated? The African list doesn't show any teams with 0.5, but that is a valid tally for finishing bottom of the Confed Cup groups.

I'm still using FM21 but willing to bet nothing has been changed in the new version.

Competition 6 Points 5 Points 4 Points 3 Points 2 Points 1 Point 0.5 Point
Competitions used in current rankings[6]
CAF Champions League Champions Runners-up Semi-finalist Quarter-finalist
(from 2017)
3rd in Group Stage 4th in Group Stage  
CAF Confederation Cup   Champions Runners-up Semi-finalist Quarter-finalist
(from 2017)
3rd in Group Stage 4th in Group Stage

Here's how the table looked after the Champions League qualifiers were confirmed. It already factors in the minimum amount of points a country can earn (e.g. two qualifiers who could both finish 4th = 2 points)

image.png.3d4f75e3969429e536b7be38b74f1410.png

And after the Confederation Cup group draw. I can tell any countries that have 2x Conf Cup group teams gets 2x 0.5 (e.g. Angola goes from 0 to 1), but with one they are not shown as getting a point at all (e.g. Egypt has 1x qualifier and doesn't change from 16). I want to know if it's being calculated in the background or if a 0.5 end result for a country isn't counted - this is important for sickos like me when it comes to countries that start on zero coefficient - especially the ones right at the bottom of the list who don't get a Champions League spot until they register some sort of score. 

image.png.bddd9a3eeb2c85e046a86ba73dd5281d.png

19 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

Does anybody know how to edit stadium sides in editor??
@krlenjushka somehow made it possible several years ago, but now I can't find it..

You need to edit stadium.xml file in comp editor file.  Line 576 with "debug only" shoild be removed and you will be able to see stadium sides section.

Hi Guys! Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I would like to start using a competition pack that I found here, because I was annoyed that the reserve team competitions are not visible and the team just doesn't play any matches - this is specifically Hungary related. Let's say I start a new long term save, is it going to start causing problems 10-20 seasons into the save? I once read it somewhere that the save started glitching out when the player used similar mods, not sure if I remember correctly so that's why I ask.

On 27/12/2022 at 17:16, guku said:

Has anyone had a problem where names for awards disappear upon reloading a save?

image.png.daccaeb1735cd75b2c19ab69300fe391.pngimage.png.08ea6830b524cba278deaef847108458.png

When you duplicate an award, you need to change the "short" name along with the "long" name. These look like default awards, but I wonder if the same step would fix it. Often that step is skipped, because you're just duplicating another competition's "Player of the Year", for example, and just changing the long name but leaving that short name. A duplicated award with an unchanged short name will often show up blank in areas that use the "short name" like that.

You can literally just change it one letter, click/tab away, then go back in to "short name" and change it back. As long as it registers a change (you can see an award's "changes" at the bottom of its editor entry under history).

Edited by themodelcitizen