[FM18][WIP] Match In Between Higlights Panel

michaeltmurrayuk

First first bad news and then some good news.

Bad News

- As you may have noticed the match screens have been re-designed and some of the coding has changed so this means the panel needs to be recreated from scratch so it will take some time to get released.

Good News

- Whilst the panels have been redesigned the default coding is a lot closer to my coding than in the past so this means I shouldn't have to spend time trying to get it to display and can instead devote more time to tweaking the individual panels.

- Thanks to the redesigned match screens we now have a lot more space to play around with.

- Also looks like the post-match screens use the same coding so I should hopefully be able to transfer this work over to those screens with little work.

What I do need whilst I work on it are peoples opinions of what you want;

- Do you prefer the FM18 system of having the left and right panels full size and the middle panel split in three or do you want the same as in the past where the left and middle panels are full sized and the right one is split in two.

- Do you like the new kit/score bit added to the left/right panels and do you want this leaving in or removing (as the info is already in the header) and if you do want it keeping do you want it showing on each view or just the rating views, and do you want it to move with the ratings or be static (so home score always shows on left even if you have away ratings in that panel).

And to get things going a quick preview of what I have from messing around a little today;

ibh18experimentsplit.thumb.png.96860e00fdebdf7b58e5ad390908cb53.png

Some of you may have noticed I've gone back to the split containers from an old version that allow you to resize the panels on the fly which should offer a bit more customizability, though they didn't work 100% of the time which is why I removed them from later versions.

Which is where you come in as I have attached a really rough version that I could do with some people testing out over about a dozen games.

Couple of things I need people to test:

- When resizing the panels does the game remember the positions of the panels, both during the match and in future matches, as last time I tried this one of them would slowly expand over the course of several matches.

- Player Rating views - does the Human rating view  stay in the same panel or does it move panels depending on whether you are home/away - in the past it has stayed in the same panel regardless of whether you were home or away but the coding has changed so I just need people to check over several games.

Couple of warnings;

- Save your game before playing a match as it might crash the game.
- Most of the fancy or even default views aren't in yet this is just a basic version to mainly test the two issues above, which allows me to code in the views without having to also run multiple matches to test it at the same time.

FM18ibhexpNOTFORRELEASE.zip

Install options

- Extract the above zip and you should have a panels folder place this in your User Data Location (My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018 by default) load game turn off skin cache and reload skin. It should then apply to all skins - if you only want it to apply to a certain skin then place the panels folder inside the folder for the skin you are using.

- Finally please don't upload this file anywhere else as it is a very rough experimental build.

Can I say I love you?

Your panels were by go to set in FM17 and I plan to use them, based on the feedback I got on my Discord channel and on YT, most of my viewers seemed to be asking me about your panels more than anything else. So without a doubt I will be using them again.

My thoughts, I prefer two large side by side with the two small ones on the left. Ideally the large one on the left should also have the option to show both formations. The smaller panels on the left shoudl have the option to show match stats, action zones, focus of attacks as I find these useful more than the rest.

Here's a few suggestions:

- For the panels where we show formations is it possible to have their match ratings pop up in there too, so we could see a specific player and the ratings will be above it?
- For the player ratings panel, the information icon, should allow us to mouse-over allowing the player attributes information to pop up.
- The user's team player rating should ideally lock in the same panel regardless of whether you are playing home or away, I guess thats the plan you have so will be checking to see if it follows.

I will download these apply it to me game and start testing away.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

My thoughts, I prefer two large side by side with the two small ones on the left. Ideally the large one on the left should also have the option to show both formations. The smaller panels on the left shoudl have the option to show match stats, action zones, focus of attacks as I find these useful more than the rest.

Here's a few suggestions:

- For the panels where we show formations is it possible to have their match ratings pop up in there too, so we could see a specific player and the ratings will be above it?
- For the player ratings panel, the information icon, should allow us to mouse-over allowing the player attributes information to pop up.
- The user's team player rating should ideally lock in the same panel regardless of whether you are playing home or away, I guess thats the plan you have so will be checking to see if it follows.

I will download these apply it to me game and start testing away.

Full version should have each view available in each panel unless the game doesn't like something (apart from the small panels I cut some stuff out that won't fit but give instructions on how to add it back).

for the ratings panel it should be possible to add the icon back along with the numbers and captain column as they show in other places, not sure if its possible to have the rating on the formation widget as the data on their isn't that customizable - though it does show on the formation screen elsewhere so I'll have a look.

2 minutes ago, priority76 said:

I really like the one you made last year where you had two panels in the middle of the screen (not taking up the whole screen), showing the two teams player ratings. If I could get that back that would be great.

This would be great, miles better than how it currently is in FM18 by default.

Would it be possible to have the 3D stadium removed for in between highlights and replaced with the stadium picture?

On 11/11/2017 at 16:30, wicksyFM said:

i would like two in the middle. a smaller one at the top to show overview of teams, scorers, cards etc. a bigger one bellow so i can fit more match stats. d

Exactly this, for me.

The minimal match stats currently rankles me every game! :D

10 hours ago, Rashidi said:

The left panel for the AI team ( I assume) normally shows me the User teams ratings by default even when the header says the AI team. 

If they stay in the same place regardless of whether you are home or away that is good and how it worked in the past (the top bit with the score on is separate code which I'll likely get rid off as its looking a little silly with the content moved around), may also need to get rid of the changeable vertical split as that isn't even staying in place during one match :( (the split will stay you just won't be able to adjust it in game).

Some overnight progress:

overview_done.thumb.png.22e4b96c3fc514134e0c62cfbfb6e22d.pngmatchstats_done.thumb.png.f9739530100fb4de9c0fe984105cd1b4.png

- The Overview screens are done unless I find something interesting to add to them with a choice of five to choose from.

- As are the match stats screens, not much you can do with them but have two options one with bar charts and one without with them both being customizable in game.

Though the formation screen is being awkward this year, but it looks like we can now set the icon file used instead of having to rely upon the random one picked by the game, it's just going to take a bit of time to go through the options as it seems picking the wrong one crashes the game,

This is only a very rough comp (from your screenshots) I knocked up in Photoshop, but you get the idea.

So it's only my personal preference, but if you could achieve something like this, but with the home team's stadium picture showing through from the background, I'd be delighted:

2heimx4.jpg

It would be very similar to the FM17 overview screen from FM17, with no duplication of kits/badges (both are shown once), then its got everything else you need on the screen for me, team names, stats, weather, attendance, referee etc - with the home teams stadium picture showing through for some more immersion (instead of the 2D/3D pitch). :thup:

Are their any particular columns people want to see on the ratings panel this is what I have at the moment (there's the body language column but it's in another panel as we can have two of the ratings ones, will also include the full ratings panel as an option for people who have the space for it)

capture_015_13112017_130357.thumb.png.ef184df548f3e5c0b0d4fca9c4fb16e4.png

@stevemc if the split container code holds up then you should be able to get that by dragging the middle panel to close the top right ones (if the code doesn't hold up you can still do it via the xml files) however it doesn't look like there is a way to get the backgrounds on just the IBH panel haven't found an id that separates that from the active highlights so the background will always override the pitch, though if people use commentary only then it shouldn't be a problem.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Are their any particular columns people want to see on the ratings panel this is what I have at the moment (there's the body language column but it's in another panel as we can have two of the ratings ones, will also include the full ratings panel as an option for people who have the space for it)

capture_015_13112017_130357.thumb.png.ef184df548f3e5c0b0d4fca9c4fb16e4.png

@stevemc if the split container code holds up then you should be able to get that by dragging the middle panel to close the top right ones (if the code doesn't hold up you can still do it via the xml files) however it doesn't look like there is a way to get the backgrounds on just the IBH panel haven't found an id that separates that from the active highlights so the background will always override the pitch, though if people use commentary only then it shouldn't be a problem.

Michael, I used to add here the columns with passing percentage, as well as the one with number of shots, in FM17 I was able to squeeze in also body language column. So, for me,  it would just be great if you could have them added into the ratings panel.

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If they stay in the same place regardless of whether you are home or away that is good and how it worked in the past (the top bit with the score on is separate code which I'll likely get rid off as its looking a little silly with the content moved around), may also need to get rid of the changeable vertical split as that isn't even staying in place during one match :( (the split will stay you just won't be able to adjust it in game).

Some overnight progress:

overview_done.thumb.png.22e4b96c3fc514134e0c62cfbfb6e22d.pngmatchstats_done.thumb.png.f9739530100fb4de9c0fe984105cd1b4.png

- The Overview screens are done unless I find something interesting to add to them with a choice of five to choose from.

- As are the match stats screens, not much you can do with them but have two options one with bar charts and one without with them both being customizable in game.

Though the formation screen is being awkward this year, but it looks like we can now set the icon file used instead of having to rely upon the random one picked by the game, it's just going to take a bit of time to go through the options as it seems picking the wrong one crashes the game,

Does the download link have the latest version? you want me to give this a go too?

Michael, if you change these "match in between highlights panels", does that also change the panels on the same screen after the game, once you return home?

ie; if you're on your home screen, then click schedule in the left-hand-nav, then click on the result of the game you've just played, you see this screen:

2rc1n5x.png

Which looks like the same set of panels? (and also shows the stadium through the background).

On 11/13/2017 at 15:42, Rashidi said:

Does the download link have the latest version? you want me to give this a go too?

No link hasn't been updated, most of it is done now just need to quickly play through several matches to make sure it's stable.

Formation screen previews - each one can be switch vertical/horizontal with right click as can the chalkboard panels

formations.thumb.png.a07dac1fb1f072fbb0b057230a8b6833.png

- Couldn't get the average rating working correctly - can get it to show but it doesn't update until after a highlight and it seems to be picky about it's positioning so have left it out, but should be easy enough to add one modded by someone else as a few people tend to edit the panel.

Hopefully if nothing breaks it should be ready over the weekend.

@stevemc they are separate panels but coded similarly, once I've finished this I'll transfer over the code to that panel and tweak that next week, along with the half-time and full-time panels.

On 11/13/2017 at 14:14, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Maybe Player performance column (playing well, nervously, bad...etc) if it can fit beside the body language column?

I have a problem.

When using floating widget like a picture below, 

K-020.thumb.png.6aa1ea6fa42dbc14c92ee7acdbfe0739.png

It is not possible to click player name in the match in between highlights panel.

K-019.thumb.png.3f72a33b0614e38fab2d65a93d169488.png

The right side of the panel is clickable, but the left side is not. I think it is because of the floating widgets.

Is there any way to use both panels and be clickable?

Archived