FM 17: Leeds United - Pontus Janssons Magic...

JJSaxton

17 hours ago, Welshace said:

Well yes, considering he leaves on a free if you don't accept  may as well get the 6million.

Matthew targett or Tymon in as a replacement would be ideal.

Cheers, sold Taylor and bought Targett as his replacement. Targett doesn't look as good as Taylor, but with first team football he should develop nicely.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I'm starting a save with Leeds (always do one each year). 

Now I'm trying to implement a 3-6-1, with the last patch. I think that the team have a great team to be used with this system, but I need some CD... any suggestion? Also I will need an AM C or to adapt someone.

Should I sell Taylor? Put him in the transfer list?

Thanks.

Also started a new save on the new patch, finished first season as champions, now looking to build the team for Premier. Signed Jansson and Bartley for now but there are lots of areas to improve and Massimo only gave around 9m for transfers. 

3 minutes ago, Aramisss said:

Also started a new save on the new patch, finished first season as champions, now looking to build the team for Premier. Signed Jansson and Bartley for now but there are lots of areas to improve and Massimo only gave around 9m for transfers. 

Who did you buy?

After getting promoted in the first season I'm looking to make a team capable of surviving in Premier League.

After Jansson and Bartley, I brought Antonio Luna and Benoit Costil on a free and loaned Tammy Abraham.

I have other targets and I can't decide on who to bring:

Benoit Tremoulinas     free but high wages

Diego Llorente              free but high wages

Junior Stanislas             free

Rachid Ghezzal             free

Haris Seferovic             free

Seydou Doumbia         free

Gedion Zelalem           free

Ainsley Maitland-Niles    free

Keisuke Honda         free but high wages

Mario Balotelli is also free but wants huuuuge wages  I don't think he's a viable option

Marcel Tisserand       4m

Diafra Sakho               3m

Steliano Filip              1,8m

Alain Saint Maximin    loan

Daniel Amartey          loan

Kyle Walker Peters    loan

Mathew Targett       loan

Rob Holding         loan

Javi Manquillo      700k

Paralyzed by choice! Obviously I can't sign all this players , but who should I bring in?

Who would you sign? Any advice?

Hi,

Winter has come, and I'm in 1st place (at 31 of January) with Newcastle. The 3rd team is just one point below us.

I have sold Taylor, at the start of the season, for 8M. I bought Jason Cummings and Leonardo da Silva Lopes, but the last one will just join the team in the end of January. I was able to grant the loan of Borja (already extended for one more season) and Franz Brorsson. Alfonso Pedraza, had also the loan extended for one more season.

Chris Wood, is making a magnify season (as a DLF Support) with more goals them games…

Marcus Antonsson and Berardi leaved the team in January; they were making a lot of noise.

The key players are Ronaldo Vieira (the DLP) and Kalvin P.

I have some questions for next season, and the first is who to sign in free, because there aren’t great players… and should I sign another contract with Green?

I prefer Silvestri as the number 1.

Would like to add Kyle Bartley to the team, but he don’t want to negotiate a contract with me, and he have one problem… to many injuries.

Hey fellow Leeds managers :D

I started a save with Leeds not so long ago and found a lot of inspiration for players and tactics in this thread. Therefore now when I'm halfway in my second season I thought that I would share my experiences with you guys.

My save is started with update of the January 2017 transfers. In my first season I finished 6th and won the playoff final and claimed the promotion, so lucky, won the semi on penalties and 2-1 in the final. So now I got the team in the Premier. First I'm just going to write a few thoughts on the first season and afterwards about the second season.

First season:

A piece of advice, also mentioned by others earlier in this thread, sell Charlie Taylor in the first window, he's going to leave anyway, so just try to get as much money for him as possible. It's going to give you more money to move around in the first transfer window, where we start of with a small budget, think I started with around £500 k. So cash in for Taylor would be my advice. I didn't do this, and of cause Taylor is a quality player, so he played very well, but if I could do something over for the first season it would be to sell Taylor. You might look for Tyrone Mings or Matthew Targett as replacement. So I didn't sell Taylor, which left me few opportunities in the first window, so i got two players in on free transfer (Kieran Richardson and Ronaldinho) and two on loan (two defenders from Spain). All of them just got a role as back-up players.

I tried a couple of different formation the first season, but had most succes with classic a 4-2-3-1 formation, the one you can find in the very first post. However, I also had some succes with a 4-1-3-0-2 (One DM and no AM), a formation where I had Chris Wood on top together with either Doukara or Roofe.

Second season (Premier League):

As mentioned I got the promotion, so I had to prep the team for the premier. Also I like to play a formation with ball-playing central defenders, a defensive midfielder, attacking backs and inside forwards on the wings. A formation I didn't had the players for, so I had to do a lot in the transfer window, so I almost sold half of the team.

58f21197de6e2_Skrmbillede2017-04-15kl_00_36_09.thumb.png.db647cdf92bb23a6cb6b751c92a9ebdd.png

I also sold Stuart Dallas for £ 50 (65). As a sold half the team I also got in a lot of new players, I'm just going to highlight some of them.

Benoit Costil (GK): Green stopped after the first season and Silvestri made a lot of noise, so I didn't want him in the club. I got in Costil on free transfer, and he has been a key player for me. Really good performances.

Michel (Right back): Got him cheap from Las Palmas and he has already been worth all the money. Really good value for money in him.

Miroslav Stoch (left wing): Also good value for money in Stoch. He fits my tactic as the inside forward on the left wing and with Roofe as a back up. He's best if you have a tactic with inside forwards.

Lewis Cook (loan): Why was he ever sold? Hope I can get him on a permanent deal, but it's going to be hard.

Seferovic: A good attacker, I got him on free after first season. I think he's same level as Lasagna, just costs a lot less. Definitely worth going for Seferovic.

Chochev: Last player I want to highlight. He has also been a really good player for me. A good box-to-box midfielder, so check him out.

I have also tried to get Snodgrass back to Leeds, but he wanted too much in wages. I'm still looking for a right winger, I have two players on loan covering that position now, Zinchenko from Man City and Kuki from Malaga. Zinchenko has been good, Kuki not so much. So I'm still looking for a good right winger, I think I might go for Solly March from Brighton.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing FM17 on the iPad and have just beaten Man United at Old Trafford in my first season back in the prem. Last minute Kalas goal. Best feeling ever! Must agree with some other sentiments on here, Jansson is a monster even in the Prem.

Player who has surprised me though is Roofe. Played okay in the Championship but has been dominant in the Prem when fit. Lucas Evangelista makes a great loan signing first in the Champ then again in the Prem.  

• 4 weeks later...

Shame the thread has gone so quiet...

I've started my last save of FM2017 and thought i'd try one of the 5-at-the-back-strikerless tactics for a bit of fun, means the squad needs an overhaul from the start.

Currently 15 games in and sitting at the top of the league, will post a quick update at the end of the season if anyone is interested.

Cheers

On 21/05/2017 at 11:58, macca72 said:

Shame the thread has gone so quiet...

I've started my last save of FM2017 and thought i'd try one of the 5-at-the-back-strikerless tactics for a bit of fun, means the squad needs an overhaul from the start.

Currently 15 games in and sitting at the top of the league, will post a quick update at the end of the season if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Agreed mate!

I've start again (again) with Leeds

Just couldn't compete with the big boys, so now going build a team that fit my new tactics, instead of just signing "good" players

Going with a high press and pressure philosophy, with lots of hard working players. 

Smashed the championship with I think it was 89 points, now building for the prem

• 1 month later...

Started again with Leeds, which will arguably be my last FM17 save. And first season went quite well...

d0e82ac187f6982484f02816f8691018.png

Got promoted to Prem, behind Newcastle. Was on top for quite a while but bad form hit us nearing final few games. Still, delighted with work done so far. 

fb15ff5ec5d0f5ceacc1d5c4deee1d1c.png

Taylor went to Watford in january, 5 mill upfront, rest over 12 months. Hernandez annoyed me with his non-stop complaining so he had to go. Love Dallas so much, from last year FM, when he was a fantastic for me. But sadly, i don't play with wingers and he went on loan to Cardiff. Gonna try to offload him when transfer window open in summer. Tarin and Palencia got in for rotation and Martinez was decent replacement for CT.

In preparation for return to PL, we signed Bartley for 2m, Michael Santos, striker from Malaga, as i wasn't pleased with Antonsson and Roofe. Last, but not least important, we've brought Jordan Ayew from Swansey, 2.4 mill. Pontuss Jansson is coming too, of course. And still got 5m in transfer kitty. Our job is not yet done. Still looking for backup GK for Silvestri, perhaps better wingbacks, quality CD, good box2box midfielder and maybe another striker, if i can sell Anton/Roofe to someone. Surely not gonna hit all those targets since we have such little money available but i'm gonna get what i can. 

Player of the season?? Can't believe i'm saying this... Bloody Souleymane Doukara. Played great as a supporting striker and when he hit a dry run in the last few games, we started to struggle. Don't like him IRL, always sold him in previous Leeds saves. But after great season like this, i've decided to keep him. To see what he can do in Premier League. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Done a bit of research into the new signings using this years database.

Will be interesting to see how they settle in up until data lock but early observations are...

Anita, Lasogga & Grot look ok

Buoy, Ekuban, Klich and Cibicki no idea - that said on Cibicki, he doesn't look like a player who top level european clubs were looking at.

Saiz has 1 determination, which i'm not convinced on and will need looking at

Alioski has workrate, strength and balance issues.

I won't reveal PA's but safe to say on initial impression a few look a tad on the low side - we'll see what happens.

Again. just my opinion and it's early days, but based on the above the squad quality won't have been improved on FM as much as it has IRL (based on todays numbers).

I started a new save with Leeds, Aloski, Klich, Roofe and Wiedweld have been good for me, I signed S.Bassong on a free and he has been a rock for me.

Pontius Jansen wanted to leave for a bigger club so sold him for 13m to Newcastle, I have Matthew Pennington and Liam Cooper rotate to play alongside Bassong but will look at getting a good centre back in the summer.

Nearly finished the season, currently 6th with 4 games to go, really enjoying the save. 

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2017 at 18:07, Seb Wassell said:

I enjoy reading how people get on (and disagree) with my research :D

I started a save with Leeds , still learning the players

From k18 , only Harrison Male has a future currently tutoring from Felix Wiedwald

From k23 ,there are Temenuzhkov ,Downing and 2-3 more that maybe have a future.

I ll play 41410 ,after a few games i could tell more

Edit

Squad stats in February

11.png

22.png

I use a Treq at AMC ,SAMU SAIZ is perfect for that role

On 10/27/2017 at 16:07, Seb Wassell said:

Not that I can see. Go for it @Coolio5, I enjoy reading how people get on (and disagree) with my research :D

@Seb Wassell I might when I get time. Everything looks pretty accurate. Some observations for me;

- Felix isnt scared of crosses!! Bravery 13?

Samu Saiz- work rate 8 seems low and bravery 9 too. If you compare Saiz to Alioski (bravery 14) that doesnt seem right to me. Also what is Saiz's consistency rating? 

- Borthwick-Jackson stats seem quite high consider the lack of impact he has had at Leeds.

- Alioski is very inconsistent. Pretty similar to real life, but not sure what stat you gave him?

Few of other comments:

Pontus Janssson- contract now runs to 2022- dont think the game database reflects this.

season ticket sales are down  by 2k - 18k versus 20k.

Club have just appointed another coach- one to add before 10th Nov.

Vieira is Portuguese on the game, but he plays for England. Unless I am mistaken this isnt reflected in the game?

Why is Vieira a loner in the social groups? After being an important players last year surely he would be comfortable with the rest of the team?

keep up the good work.

• SI Staff
59 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

@Seb Wassell I might when I get time. Everything looks pretty accurate. Some observations for me;

- Felix isnt scared of crosses!! Bravery 13?

Samu Saiz- work rate 8 seems low and bravery 9 too. If you compare Saiz to Alioski (bravery 14) that doesnt seem right to me. Also what is Saiz's consistency rating? 

- Borthwick-Jackson stats seem quite high consider the lack of impact he has had at Leeds.

- Alioski is very inconsistent. Pretty similar to real life, but not sure what stat you gave him?

Few of other comments:

Pontus Janssson- contract now runs to 2022- dont think the game database reflects this.

season ticket sales are down  by 2k - 18k versus 20k.

Club have just appointed another coach- one to add before 10th Nov.

Vieira is Portuguese on the game, but he plays for England. Unless I am mistaken this isnt reflected in the game?

Why is Vieira a loner in the social groups? After being an important players last year surely he would be comfortable with the rest of the team?

keep up the good work.

Wiedwald - Mostly his attributes have only been slightly tweaked from the previous research, if needed I will make larger changes come January. However, 13 is not low.

Saiz - Again as above it is more a case of tweaking the previous researcher's work rather than overhauling it (unless grievously wrong) at first. I would certainly say Alioski deserves higher ratings than Saiz here, but the reason the gap is so large is Saiz's CA. I upped his CA and a few attributes to get him towards the levels at which he has been performing in reality, but unfortunately we've pretty much run out of CA for any further improvements. Certainly one to revisit in January, but for now something would have to be downgraded for something else to be upgraded.

Spoiler

Saiz's Consistency is 14 and is CA is 130

CBJ - I've barely touched him from the previous researcher, we've not seen enough of him for me to be able to make a fair judgement, especially considering he is only on loan (so I won't get to fix any long term changes).

Pontus - This was signed after the Beta DB was locked. It has already been updated my end but you will have to wait for the next DB to see it in game.

Coach (Vio) - That was literally yesterday, don't work that quickly! It's been done but again is awaiting an updated DB your end.

Vieira - He has several dual nationalities, you can find these under his 'Information' page. He is yet to declare for anyone nation (in game we consider this to be either a literal statement or making a competitive appearance for the senior team).

Vieira social group - This would be one for our Dynamics team, try raising the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/575-dynamics-and-interaction/

Hope that catches everything you asked. For future data issues please do post in here to ensure we don't miss any - https://community.sigames.com/topic/411460-england-official-leeds-united-data-issues/?tab=comments#comment-11007795

6 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Wiedwald - Mostly his attributes have only been slightly tweaked from the previous research, if needed I will make larger changes come January. However, 13 is not low.

Saiz - Again as above it is more a case of tweaking the previous researcher's work rather than overhauling it (unless grievously wrong) at first. I would certainly say Alioski deserves higher ratings than Saiz here, but the reason the gap is so large is Saiz's CA. I upped his CA and a few attributes to get him towards the levels at which he has been performing in reality, but unfortunately we've pretty much run out of CA for any further improvements. Certainly one to revisit in January, but for now something would have to be downgraded for something else to be upgraded.

Reveal hidden contents

Saiz's Consistency is 14 and is CA is 130

CBJ - I've barely touched him from the previous researcher, we've not seen enough of him for me to be able to make a fair judgement, especially considering he is only on loan (so I won't get to fix any long term changes).

Pontus - This was signed after the Beta DB was locked. It has already been updated my end but you will have to wait for the next DB to see it in game.

Coach (Vio) - That was literally yesterday, don't work that quickly! It's been done but again is awaiting an updated DB your end.

Vieira - He has several dual nationalities, you can find these under his 'Information' page. He is yet to declare for anyone nation (in game we consider this to be either a literal statement or making a competitive appearance for the senior team).

Vieira social group - This would be one for our Dynamics team, try raising the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/575-dynamics-and-interaction/

Hope that catches everything you asked. For future data issues please do post in here to ensure we don't miss any - https://community.sigames.com/topic/411460-england-official-leeds-united-data-issues/?tab=comments#comment-11007795

Thanks Seb, that all makes sense. On Felix i was suggesting he should be downgraded on bravery from what ive seen! 

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, macca72 said:

Honestly, no. If he does not make the full England squad he could still easily end up playing for Portugal, which if he is marked as declared in FM would prevent this from happening. However, I would certainly say that shows England to be his preference, which I will look into getting into FM. Cheers  :thup:

20 hours ago, macca72 said:

Been playing around with the Beta for a while, found a couple of players to look at but how's everyone getting on?

I havent bought anyone. Just been playing with the existing squad. I dont play 4231 so having to retrain Alioski to play as a F9 but his form is poor at the moment.

For the way i play i need a striker and CB with more pace.

1 hour ago, Coolio5 said:

I havent bought anyone. Just been playing with the existing squad. I dont play 4231 so having to retrain Alioski to play as a F9 but his form is poor at the moment.

For the way i play i need a striker and CB with more pace.

He's by far and away my best player, nobody close.  Saiz has had injury problems so he's really carried the attack.

A FM18 thread is definitely required to get us underway for this years installment.

I've been playing the Beta for the past couple of days and have had some good success with a 4231 formation (Shame the same cant be said for real life at the minute!!). Pretty much all of the front 4 positions have been outstanding, cant fault Alioski / Dallas / Saiz / Lassoga and whilst Lassoga had an injury in the early season Roofe stepped up and scored 10 goals in 7 games. Hes not scored in the 17 that have followed however since he asked for a new contract and got a pay rise. Kun Temenuzkov has had some appearances against the weaker sides in the division and in the cup and seems to be a real prospect, bagging a few goals along the way. Going to keep a close eye on his progression as I think he could develop into a gem and make some money out of him.

Heres the formation I use:

4231_Formation.png

And the current league standings after 24 matches - Also in the Semi Final of the Carabao Cup but have been drawn against Liverpool so that may be where the dream ends:

Top_10_24_Games_Season_1.png

I'm still getting use to the new scouting and searching for players, still seems massively different to last years. I only brought in 3 players as a result of this:

Transfers_Jan_First_Season.png

But do have Carlo Holse an interesting looking 18 year old striker prospect joining in January. Signed for 500k but had to offer him 5.75k wages to get him to join.

Carlo_Holse_Transfer.png

Anyone have any other suggestions on young players to bring in to improve the squad? I have the money from the sale of Pablo Hernandez and a the majority of the initial transfer budget to spend.

Good start @JJSaxton

I've not really got far, started and stopped a few saves like normal, but have picked up on a few players

Isaac Hayden - Listed and loan listed from Newcastle, I know the last thing the squad needs is another CM, but he's a proper ball winner and you can get him on a future £5m fee.  Young and English is a bonus

Kaan Ayhan - At Dusseldorf and is a brilliant utility player, can play naturally at DC,DM and CM. Lack of pace will stop him being world class, but my bet is he's easy good enough for 3-4 years.  Will cost £3.5m+ but you can pay a big chunk on promotion

Alex Gersbach - At Rosenborg and a solution to the left back issue - He's only 20 and looks like he could be brilliant.  750k is a bargain for someone with 16 determination. 15 pace and 13 crossing at age 20.

@macca72 Thanks :)

Managed to find this guy who I think could be a Gem also:

Helder_Ferreira.png

Helder_Ferreira_Cost.png

375k and 20% of Profit on Future Sales - Only 20 years old, plays either wing and can cover right back worst case scenario. Worth a punt.

Also somehow managed this:

Liverpool_Semi_Win.png

Got a Wembley date booked with Southampton which is more than achievable to create a cup upset.

The 4231 works really really well this year. All I'm changing at the minute is Mentality - Counter when I'm underdog, Standard when an equal team, Attacking when expected to win. Seems to be working so far hope full release and any update doesn't hamper it :p

I brought in Sergi palencia from Barcelona b for 575k at the start of the game really good left back also Vittorio Vigolo from Ac Milan 1m left winger wonder kid and Chuma on a free but his stats do vary on my safe Man city wanted him

On 03/11/2017 at 13:30, Seb Wassell said:

Honestly, no. If he does not make the full England squad he could still easily end up playing for Portugal, which if he is marked as declared in FM would prevent this from happening. However, I would certainly say that shows England to be his preference, which I will look into getting into FM. Cheers  :thup:

@Seb Wassell are the database changes included in 18.03 release or do we have to wait until Friday?  Just checking if i can start my proper save yet!

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

@Seb Wassell are the database changes included in 18.03 release or do we have to wait until Friday?  Just checking if i can start my proper save yet!

For the most up to date 18.1.0 would be the DB for you, although any differences will be very minor.

On 05/11/2017 at 19:02, JJSaxton said:

A FM18 thread is definitely required to get us underway for this years installment.

I've been playing the Beta for the past couple of days and have had some good success with a 4231 formation (Shame the same cant be said for real life at the minute!!). Pretty much all of the front 4 positions have been outstanding, cant fault Alioski / Dallas / Saiz / Lassoga and whilst Lassoga had an injury in the early season Roofe stepped up and scored 10 goals in 7 games. Hes not scored in the 17 that have followed however since he asked for a new contract and got a pay rise. Kun Temenuzkov has had some appearances against the weaker sides in the division and in the cup and seems to be a real prospect, bagging a few goals along the way. Going to keep a close eye on his progression as I think he could develop into a gem and make some money out of him.

Heres the formation I use:

4231_Formation.png

And the current league standings after 24 matches - Also in the Semi Final of the Carabao Cup but have been drawn against Liverpool so that may be where the dream ends:

Top_10_24_Games_Season_1.png

I'm still getting use to the new scouting and searching for players, still seems massively different to last years. I only brought in 3 players as a result of this:

Transfers_Jan_First_Season.png

But do have Carlo Holse an interesting looking 18 year old striker prospect joining in January. Signed for 500k but had to offer him 5.75k wages to get him to join.

Carlo_Holse_Transfer.png

Anyone have any other suggestions on young players to bring in to improve the squad? I have the money from the sale of Pablo Hernandez and a the majority of the initial transfer budget to spend.

alright JJSaxton, I have been struggling with Leeds, just wondered if there are any Team and Player Instructions you would recommend?

15 minutes ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Anyone starting FM 18 thread???

I think the team this year is better than before with good starting budget. I'm looking for suggestion for players to buy in 2018 and I need some suggestions.

Depends how you want to play.

The squad is loaded with decent players in most positions (left back aside, obviously), with a couple of excellent players in the squad.

I enjoyed 3 at the back last year so am going to try again this year, but it presents issues.

All down to how you want to shape up.

21 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Depends how you want to play.

The squad is loaded with decent players in most positions (left back aside, obviously), with a couple of excellent players in the squad.

I enjoyed 3 at the back last year so am going to try again this year, but it presents issues.

All down to how you want to shape up.

Usually, I prefer 4-2-3-1 Wide and I change instructions based on the players I have.

For this tactic and based on this year team, I think I need a DC to play along side Jansson, DL of course. AMR or AML and ST

I like to buy players who are better than what I already have and not backups. I buy regens or youth prospects as backups. They are cheap and I don't like investing money in a backup

Archived