FM 17: Leeds United - Pontus Janssons Magic...

JJSaxton

On 02/01/2017 at 09:11, Coolio5 said:

Has Brexit happened for anyone yet and what was the outcome?

On a (Portsmouth) game on 2nd December 2017 I got the following message:  

It has been announced that United Kingdom will be leaving the European Union at the end of the season. 

As part of the negotiations it has been agreed that there will be no changes to the current work permit system and no new restrictions on European Union players.

I do not know if this is a random message or there are other variations to the message.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Nicko Blaggo said:

On a (Portsmouth) game on 2nd December 2017 I got the following message:  

It has been announced that United Kingdom will be leaving the European Union at the end of the season. 

As part of the negotiations it has been agreed that there will be no changes to the current work permit system and no new restrictions on European Union players.

I do not know if this is a random message or there are other variations to the message.

Several versions of brexit can occur.. all with different consequences..

I'm in 2019 and brexit didn't occur!!!!!!

After struggling with result for some time although I have a lot of star players, I realized its all about tactics, so here are some advises:

1-Switch highlights mode to extended. Believe me it works and gives you more idea about what's happening. Once I was playing against Everton and all the highlights were chances against me. I didn't know why until I switched to extended mode and saw what's going on. I had a lot of problems on both wings and they were being exploited. I pushed both inside forwards back to supporting wide midfielders and bam... won 3-0.

2-Don't be rigid and don't be afraid to intervene. There's nothing called a tactic that wins against every opponent. Once I was playing a flat 442 and attack was disconnected from midfield, I switched one of the forwards to a DLP and it had a huge effect.

3-Use your players. Know their strengths and weaknesses. A player with a higher work rate will do better as roaming play maker and not a deep laying play maker.

4-Use your opponents' weakness. An opponent with a slow defensive line can be beaten with a counter attack and pacy strikers/wingers while opponents with crossing vulnerability need attacking wing backs

I hope this helps. Also, I don't mind sharing screenshots for players in 2019 to help you develop your players.  

Start of season 4 started with a victory over Man Utd in the community shield and got a shocking draw in Champions league play off...Bayern Munich! Beat them 3-2 away and Pontus headed the leveller in the home leg which finished 3-3 and took us through to the group stage. Three league wins on the bounce but haven't played anyone of note. Will post transfers when the window closes.

I've played a handful of league games on my Leeds save... undefeated so far.

SOLD

Doukara- 2mil- Lille 
Diagouraga- 2mil- Bordeaux 
Murphy- 1.4mil- Norwich

TRANSFERS IN

Tonneson-LB- 80K- Young LB from Norway, great stats for an 18 year old, good back up for Taylor. Going for promotion so hoping Taylor wont leave. 
J Stephens- 1.4mil- Needed another CB for cover, training him to play RB as Coyle is on loan until January at Forest. Premier League potential though. 
D Poyet- Free- Didn't really need numbers in CM but is too good a player to go to a rival, Rotating with Bridcutt atm. 
Mahlambi- 850k- 19 yer old South Arfican winger, got great stats and potential, worth looking at. I had a real lack of width at the club.
D Labyad- Free- Wanted someone else apart from Roofe & Dallas, If he doesn't work out I can still sell him for 1 mil plus.
Kuki- 800k- Saved some cash for Jan by buying him, will rotate him and get the 18 year old some games. 
Leon Osman- TRIAL- Was still free agent at the start of the season, dont need a CM but I play 4321 so could give us another CM option. 

GREEN
                          Silvestri

STEPHENS     JANSSON     COOPER     TAYLOR
  Ayling            Bartley       Stephens    Tonneson
/Berardi

VIEIRA   BRIDCUTT   MOWATT
         Philips       Poyet     O'Kane/ Osman?

MAHLAMBI                                    DALLAS
Hernandez                                Roofe/Labyad

WOOD
             Kuki/ Roofe/ Antonsson

49 minutes ago, tomtjh90 said:

I've played a handful of league games on my Leeds save... undefeated so far.

SOLD

Doukara- 2mil- Lille 
Diagouraga- 2mil- Bordeaux 
Murphy- 1.4mil- Norwich

TRANSFERS IN

Tonneson-LB- 80K- Young LB from Norway, great stats for an 18 year old, good back up for Taylor. Going for promotion so hoping Taylor wont leave. 
J Stephens- 1.4mil- Needed another CB for cover, training him to play RB as Coyle is on loan until January at Forest. Premier League potential though. 
D Poyet- Free- Didn't really need numbers in CM but is too good a player to go to a rival, Rotating with Bridcutt atm. 
Mahlambi- 850k- 19 yer old South Arfican winger, got great stats and potential, worth looking at. I had a real lack of width at the club.
D Labyad- Free- Wanted someone else apart from Roofe & Dallas, If he doesn't work out I can still sell him for 1 mil plus.
Kuki- 800k- Saved some cash for Jan by buying him, will rotate him and get the 18 year old some games. 
Leon Osman- TRIAL- Was still free agent at the start of the season, dont need a CM but I play 4321 so could give us another CM option. 

GREEN
                          Silvestri

/Berardi

WOOD
             Kuki/ Roofe/ Antonsson

Taylor 100% leaves. Its built in to the game that he is set for release no matter how well you do. Grrr.

4 hours ago, Coolio5 said:

Taylor 100% leaves. Its built in to the game that he is set for release no matter how well you do. Grrr.

Wouldn't worry about it... he's managed to miraculously get Mahlambi in without getting a WP.. i'm sure he can miraculously get Taylor to stay.

On 03/01/2017 at 07:30, Coolio5 said:

Plug and play doesn't really work on fm17 so you need a decent base tactic and then tweak when you see how the opposition line up. I got promoted with largely the same squad and then discovered this thread which has made me kick on https://community.sigames.com/topic/387672-from-fm-16-to-17-a-4312-journey/

I also have a 4132 that I use if opposition play high wingers. Roofe plays ok as a F9 and others had good success with Antonson if you read the previous posts. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.  

I read the article above and have implemented it in my new demo game.   I opted for a 4231 and a 433 system.  With a standard structured setup and very few team instructions.   The idea being I can make tactical amendments based on what I see during the game.   I am seeing an.improvement. 

I overhauled the squad by selling Taylor, wood, Murphy, Dallas, silvestri, and cancelled the loan for Grimes.  Doukara is also for sale.  

Wood you may think is controversial but I hate playing with a target man so he didn't fit into my plans.

Players brought in were : Diego Poyet, Joe Walsh (cb), Bradley dack, Marcus maddison, Conor Washington, Fred Onyedinma, Haidara (loan).  

Really hard to get decent players in on the demo.  Gutted I missed out on Kazenga LuaLua.

Still think something's up with the demo though.  Cannot win consistantly and I've mastered every FM before now.  

4 hours ago, AhChang said:

Have any of you guys tried training Jack Vann into a DMC ? I feel maybe he can perform as an anchorman with his stats but he does have a lack of pace though.

nope. He was nowhere near my team and if you get promoted you can get better.

9 hours ago, DeathJester said:

Thanks for the advice.  

I read the article above and have implemented it in my new demo game.   I opted for a 4231 and a 433 system.  With a standard structured setup and very few team instructions.   The idea being I can make tactical amendments based on what I see during the game.   I am seeing an.improvement. 

I overhauled the squad by selling Taylor, wood, Murphy, Dallas, silvestri, and cancelled the loan for Grimes.  Doukara is also for sale.  

Wood you may think is controversial but I hate playing with a target man so he didn't fit into my plans.

Players brought in were : Diego Poyet, Joe Walsh (cb), Bradley dack, Marcus maddison, Conor Washington, Fred Onyedinma, Haidara (loan).  

Really hard to get decent players in on the demo.  Gutted I missed out on Kazenga LuaLua.

Still think something's up with the demo though.  Cannot win consistantly and I've mastered every FM before now.  

Good stuff. If 4231 is your formation of choice @herne79 has done a 'club basics' thread and he shows how you can set that formation up. Think he also uses a 433 too. It will be on the first 2-3 pages of the forum.

Bust the net youtube videos also show how to set up a 4231 and I think there are videos showing how to adapt it to face different formations.

On 1/6/2017 at 15:55, Coolio5 said:

Yeah I'd read that quite a few places so luckily got 4.5 mil for hi in January, I brought Mings in for 1.2mil to cover til the end of the season, Kolasinic was interested from Schalke as his contract is up and is listed for 1mil but he isn't actually that good. 

As a season ticket holder at ER and a long time FM player its time to do a big save with Leeds and try and get them back to where they belong. Hoping to bring in good youth talent aswell as process what i already have, Ronaldo Vieira, Phillips etc. Has anyone managed to keep Taylor?

41 minutes ago, Lufcberg22 said:

As a season ticket holder at ER and a long time FM player its time to do a big save with Leeds and try and get them back to where they belong. Hoping to bring in good youth talent aswell as process what i already have, Ronaldo Vieira, Phillips etc. Has anyone managed to keep Taylor?

Taylor always leaves. He is set for release as default unfortunately.

Hello everyone, thought I could contribute in this thread following my save with Leeds. I've played 45 games in Championship first season so far, sitting comfortably in 5th place with playoff secured. To challenge myself and make the save more interesting, I've decided to only buy British-players. Jansson got injured for 7 months in September which was.... Not ideal. 

Transfers:

None before the season started, decided to try out the squad before making any changes.

In January went Charlie Taylor to Leicester for 3.5 mil and he was replaced by Tyrone Mings from Bournemouth for 975k. Also sold Chris Wood to QPR for 625k, just so I could renew Pablo Hernandez on loan. 

Tactic:
4-1-4-1 DM -> Counter/ flexible and no instructions. 

Most used lineup:

SK / s - Silvestri

FB / s - Ayling / Coyle

CD / d - Bartley

CD / d - Cooper / Vann

FB / s - Taylor / Mings

Anchor - Bridcutt / Vieira

WM / s - Hernandez

BBM / s - Diagouraga 

CM / s - Mowatt / O'Kane

WM / s - Dallas

DLF / a - Doukara / Antonsson

Hernandez has been the best player, but none has really stood out performance wise. Dallas and Mowatt has frustrated me a lot with long shots from all over the pitch, and both refuses to unlearn the 'Shoots From Distance' trait. In the next season I will probably move Dallas to the right and find a replacement for Hernandez at the left side. Reason for that is to make it harder for Dallas to shoot whenever he gets the ball, but I'm not convinced that I can stop him from doing so. 

If anyone knows about some cheap british youngsters, please let me know! Will update when the playoff is over.

won the title in season 4 and just got the England job. Brexit has kicked in and work permit rules have been replaced with a straight 15 non Brits in a 25 man squad. Its allowed me to spend £90m on some top regens. Just spanked City 3-0 on opening day of the season and added Thiago from Bayern. He's injury prone, but a great dlp so will nurse him through!!

7 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hey,

In last FM, I have managed to get Leeds in Premier in the first season. How is the team in this one?

Easy to get in Premier or dificult? 

Thanks

lots of us managed it .

On 06/01/2017 at 15:06, tomtjh90 said:

GREEN
                          Silvestri

/Berardi

WOOD
             Kuki/ Roofe/ Antonsson

Hi

Can you share the roles and team instructions?

Thanks.

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 16:01, Welshace said:

Yes mate!  I apparently broke my promise to him when he signed the initial contract... had a chat with him, he wanted to leave... clubs were instantly interested when I offered him out!  was going to save that little tip for my next update ;)

I kept all interactions civil through the year, praised good performances and offered him to clubs as last game of season ended. MLS teame came in paying £900k for option to buy. On leaving with a "welcome back any time" He left a promoted leeds, played 6 games for Toronto in 24 months and came back for £4.5mill. Jordan Lukaku deputised for leeds for a year then threw his toys out of the pram to leave. Champagne problems! Taylor is averaging 7.4 4th yr of game, Leeds 2nd year of prem. Now to liberate Cook!

• 2 weeks later...

Started a new save on a new laptop with Leeds....1st season promoted back to Premier League after finishing in 2nd place in the Championship and I got given a nice transfer kitty of 15 million to keep us in the Premier League, so went a bit of a spending spree, just need a goal keeper and I think the squad is complete. Lewis Cook isn't up for signing on loan for the season even though Bournemouth are happy to let him go

2016-17 Transfers.gif

2017-18 Transfers.gif

After four seasons with Leeds United I thought I'll share my progress with you guys! 

16/17

1617table.thumb.jpg.70af81b51736367b08cb3c65b3a683f0.jpg20170226023926_1.thumb.jpg.246a664ac960a4c44d2940ac09046d69.jpg1617.thumb.jpg.a1f14a850156ea17e956f92517f31824.jpg20170226130856_1.thumb.jpg.3ceeda9b93065320974ba7b108c38484.jpg

17/18

1718table.thumb.jpg.bf4644b9b5728fae8d86b7b46fa8ec36.jpg20170226024515_1.thumb.jpg.6b17a512e5dd14e0585f5ec7e9feb0a8.jpg1718.thumb.jpg.67386cf540ca70deb56bccd4afcd750c.jpg20170226131204_1.thumb.jpg.ef0603b51dd34dfe00879f710dc8dc8f.jpg

18/19

1819table.thumb.jpg.89675645c3d9ffa2caf6aa0bfa641538.jpg20170226132714_1.thumb.jpg.a0e0e0b4e7b584c106b0d6421095f283.jpg

1819.thumb.jpg.7f410cbb47b4384baf12e83be884dcfb.jpg20170226131459_1.thumb.jpg.937da1666770a58a499746ac662b0826.jpg

19/20

1920table.thumb.jpg.352c2fd0b150b9c62225d71b2c8e0af0.jpg20170226132742_1.thumb.jpg.324f3163933df6f7891f5782313c1ce7.jpg

1920.thumb.jpg.94b91ad43ebdbabdc055518c88b8d871.jpg20170226131746_1.thumb.jpg.7ecbbee8237221ab36b15e967303c4e1.jpg

As you can see I haven't won a single trophy unfortunately but the future is looking bright for Leeds United! We are back in the champions league and got a young squad packed with talent. Feel free to ask me for any advice about transfers, players etc.

Marching on together!

I just finished my second season with Leeds and I'm now preparing for the first one in Premier.

First season lost in play offs which was not such a bad thing , allowing us to get better prepared for Premier. Won the Championship in the second season.

Now, I have to think about what players i wanna add for the first season in Premier League.

GK:
1. B Peacock-Farell
2. M Silvestri
3. P Scarff (regen)
4. W Huffer - to loan

Conclusion: 1. no imediate need to sign a new player
2. new contracts for Peacock-Farell and Paul Scarff

DR:

1. Luke Ayling
2. L Coyle

Offer them a chance in the Premier!

DL:

1. T Mings
2. M Downing
if the right player becomes available he can be signed provided Matty is loaned somewhere else
3. G Berardi DRL ?

Gaetano Berardi may be sold

DC:
1. K Bartley
2. L Cooper
3. J Vann

Conclusion:
2 new central defenders must be signed to allow competition for places
targets: P Kimpembe and Rob Holding
Jack Vann must be loaned

DM/MC:
1. R Vieira
2. E O'Kane
3. C Adam
4. B Dack
5. K Stewart
6. A Mowatt

if the right players are available they can be signed
a BWM and a more offensive one could be signed
look at Oliver and Kouyate, Van Ginkel, Cabaye
if i sign any new midfielder Alex Mowatt must be sold; O'Kane may also be sold
C Adam becomes a backup player

MR:
1. A Maitland-Niles
2. S Dallas
3. J Stanislas

No need for a new signing
if a free player becomes available like Joel Campbell and wages are decent then OK
if also a long term target becomes available like Oliver Burke money must be spent

ML:
1. J Stanislas
2. J Green
3. K Roofe

I wouldn't invest money here for now.

ST:
J Green
1. K Roofe
2. C Wood
3. M Antonsson

Antonsson played poorly, he's contract is set to expire next year I may need to sell hom now at a
cut price , or take a chance and sign a new contract

Also , Wood was poor last season , he's contract is also set to expire next year sell or
keep as back-up player in Premier ?

It seems I Need a new striker, first team, but I don't have any obvious targets for now

B Gomis at 32 years old scored ~30 goals for Swansea in Championship last season maybe take a chance with him
as he will be available on a free?
Also, Patrick Bamford is vailable on a free...

Conclusions:

1. I need 2 central defenders , Rob Holding will cost me 1.6m and P Kimpbembe 2.5m but both will probably ask for high
wages , around 30k/week. Other players rated at least leading Championship players will come but for higher fees and not
much lower wages ( I also do not pay bonuses so the asking wages are the straightforward ones). It seems they will be my
first signings in Premier...

2. I need a striker , first team quality; here I need to see the scouts reports and really search for the right player

3. Some players like Oliver, Van Ginkel, Kouyate, Kabaye , Gomis, Bamford , Szczesny, Joel Campbell will probably be available on a free in
july... but what wages will they demand and should i stretch the wage budget to sign any of them? Or I should go with the players I already have and sign the right bargain on the right wage when/if the opportunity arises ?

Any opinions are welcomed!

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 19:04, Aramisss said:

I just finished my second season with Leeds and I'm now preparing for the first one in Premier.

First season lost in play offs which was not such a bad thing , allowing us to get better prepared for Premier. Won the Championship in the second season.

Now, I have to think about what players i wanna add for the first season in Premier League.

GK:
1. B Peacock-Farell
2. M Silvestri
3. P Scarff (regen)
4. W Huffer - to loan

Conclusion: 1. no imediate need to sign a new player
2. new contracts for Peacock-Farell and Paul Scarff

DR:

1. Luke Ayling
2. L Coyle

Offer them a chance in the Premier!

DL:

1. T Mings
2. M Downing
if the right player becomes available he can be signed provided Matty is loaned somewhere else
3. G Berardi DRL ?

Gaetano Berardi may be sold

DC:
1. K Bartley
2. L Cooper
3. J Vann

Conclusion:
2 new central defenders must be signed to allow competition for places
targets: P Kimpembe and Rob Holding
Jack Vann must be loaned

DM/MC:
1. R Vieira
2. E O'Kane
3. C Adam
4. B Dack
5. K Stewart
6. A Mowatt

if the right players are available they can be signed
a BWM and a more offensive one could be signed
look at Oliver and Kouyate, Van Ginkel, Cabaye
if i sign any new midfielder Alex Mowatt must be sold; O'Kane may also be sold
C Adam becomes a backup player

MR:
1. A Maitland-Niles
2. S Dallas
3. J Stanislas

No need for a new signing
if a free player becomes available like Joel Campbell and wages are decent then OK
if also a long term target becomes available like Oliver Burke money must be spent

ML:
1. J Stanislas
2. J Green
3. K Roofe

I wouldn't invest money here for now.

ST:
J Green
1. K Roofe
2. C Wood
3. M Antonsson

Antonsson played poorly, he's contract is set to expire next year I may need to sell hom now at a
cut price , or take a chance and sign a new contract

Also , Wood was poor last season , he's contract is also set to expire next year sell or
keep as back-up player in Premier ?

It seems I Need a new striker, first team, but I don't have any obvious targets for now

B Gomis at 32 years old scored ~30 goals for Swansea in Championship last season maybe take a chance with him
as he will be available on a free?
Also, Patrick Bamford is vailable on a free...

Conclusions:

1. I need 2 central defenders , Rob Holding will cost me 1.6m and P Kimpbembe 2.5m but both will probably ask for high
wages , around 30k/week. Other players rated at least leading Championship players will come but for higher fees and not
much lower wages ( I also do not pay bonuses so the asking wages are the straightforward ones). It seems they will be my
first signings in Premier...

2. I need a striker , first team quality; here I need to see the scouts reports and really search for the right player

3. Some players like Oliver, Van Ginkel, Kouyate, Kabaye , Gomis, Bamford , Szczesny, Joel Campbell will probably be available on a free in
july... but what wages will they demand and should i stretch the wage budget to sign any of them? Or I should go with the players I already have and sign the right bargain on the right wage when/if the opportunity arises ?

Any opinions are welcomed!

My 1st season back in the premier league with Leeds after finishing 2nd in championship on 1st season. I signed the following who now make up the back bone of my first team selection every match played.

Harry Maguire - Hull - £1m - Good 1st team DC

Dani Pacheco - Real Hispalis - Free - This guy plays AML/Centre and is very good

Pontus Jansson - Torino -   £3.5M - Wears a magic hat

Kevin Lasagna - Carpi - £7M - Striker Centre - Scored 34 goals in 43 starts in his 1st season, now worth 11.5 million

Enzo Zidane - R. Madrid B - £4M - Mid/Attacking Mid Centre - On loan during championship season and was immense, now worth 10.75 million

Danny Ward - Liverpool - 3M - GK, solid 1st choice keeper

Roberto Insigne - Napoli - 1M - Attack Mid Centre - Had him on loan in championship with a 1M future fee, snapped him up and now is a 1st teamer with 8M

Per-Egil Flo - Molde - 675k - LB - Replaced Charlie Taylor when I sold him in 1st season - Solid left back in premier league

Marius Lundemo - Lillestrom - 1M - Mid/Attack Mid Centre, very good player, but now wants to leave as he's unhappy for some reason

Finshed 12th in 1st season back in the Premier League and reached the league cup Semis only to be knocked out by Man Utd,

Think I'm going to try and bring in Lewis Cook to sure up midfield with Ronaldo Veira (he's been 1st choice since day one and is now a very good premier league midfielder and worth 11.5 M)

Need a back up or 1st choice CB and left back to mount a challenge for Euro places, might try and bring Charlie Taylor back, and another top class striker to challenge Lasgna, just been given 50 million to spend and a 850k a week budget !

7 hours ago, AhChang said:

Anybody tried a new game with the new update ?

Seems like Kalvin Phillips had some attribute changes and seems like a better B2B now.

Yes mate, enjoying it

He's had a nice boost but still needs work, unfortunately doesn't really fit my tactics

Some nice boosts for roofe, viera and especially pontus too, who is an absolute beast

13 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yes mate, enjoying it

He's had a nice boost but still needs work, unfortunately doesn't really fit my tactics

Some nice boosts for roofe, viera and especially pontus too, who is an absolute beast

I always wanted to use Vieira and Phillips as the 2 CM in 4-2-3-1 formation but feels requires more experience though. In the end Bridcutt is more preferred instead of Phillips.

Shall start a new game and try out this new updated squad.

22 hours ago, AhChang said:

I always wanted to use Vieira and Phillips as the 2 CM in 4-2-3-1 formation but feels requires more experience though. In the end Bridcutt is more preferred instead of Phillips.

Shall start a new game and try out this new updated squad.

18 hours ago, Welshace said:

Starting a new save myself,

Have a few players in mind to bring in too...

Interested to see how Jorgen Strand Larsen looks in other peoples 17.3 saves...

Viera has been somewhat prolific for me! Being tutored by Bridcutt at the mo

Made 3 very good transfers:

Magnus Wolff Eikrem- £1 mil
Sylvain Distin Free-
Signed Maximiliano Romero at the start of the game and is arriving in Jan

And also bringing in Fredrik Oldrup Jensen in January for 600k who looks an absolute beast. 

Check them out

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

Viera has been somewhat prolific for me! Being tutored by Bridcutt at the mo

Made 3 very good transfers:

Magnus Wolff Eikrem- £1 mil
Sylvain Distin Free-
Signed Maximiliano Romero at the start of the game and is arriving in Jan

And also bringing in Fredrik Oldrup Jensen in January for 600k who looks an absolute beast. 

Check them out

Eikrem .. ex manc.  no thanks ;)

Distin' s a legend, but his wages and his age make him not viable for me

Nice to know Romero can come though.. that's awesome.

2 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Mardy, WP ok for Romero?

Initially not granted, but since he can't join until January, by the time you can apply for a new one it gets accepted. I've brought him on 3 different saves and hes always been granted one on second application

4 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Eikrem .. ex manc.  no thanks ;)

Distin' s a legend, but his wages and his age make him not viable for me

Nice to know Romero can come though.. that's awesome.

Haha very true.

Distin is great for the league and as a tutor, being a model pro!

Hi guys,

Just started a new game as Leeds using the January update. Don't seem to be able to get any consistency, trying a 4-2-3-1 as I want to get the best out of Hernandez as an AMC but his average rating has been terrible. Wood either seems to score or have a stinker, no in between. My wingers are averaging 6.5/6.6 a game. Tried using dallas, roofe, sacko and Barrow but can't get any of them playing consistently well. Any advice?

Started a save last night, with new update. And then, this happened. Just after transfer window closed. Luckily, i was paranoid and got Unai Bilbao and Cesar Montes on loan, as well as Israel Puerto on peanut salary. No one is as good as Bartley was but i hope it'll be enough.

On 09/03/2017 at 21:24, james_lufc said:

Hi guys,

Just started a new game as Leeds using the January update. Don't seem to be able to get any consistency, trying a 4-2-3-1 as I want to get the best out of Hernandez as an AMC but his average rating has been terrible. Wood either seems to score or have a stinker, no in between. My wingers are averaging 6.5/6.6 a game. Tried using dallas, roofe, sacko and Barrow but can't get any of them playing consistently well. Any advice?

None of the wingers performed for me! Cancelled Barrows loan,  shipped out Hernandez for 750k in Jan to Villa. Dallas out on loan 200k per month again in January to Norwich.

Brought in

Emre Mor- no fee loan for 12 months and future fee of 6 million! Wonderkid

Joaquin Correa- 12 month no fee loan

Rachid Ghezza- 800k 

Finally started a save with my beloved Leeds. With the update Pontus signs permanently which is beautiful.

In the first friendly in charge against the under 23's, Chris Wood broke his leg and was out for 6 months.. Really gutted, almost made me start the save over lol. So far I haven't missed him though, Doukara has actually been performing well. 9 goals in 15 games is decent. Played 24 games now and I'm second behind Newcastle on goal difference. Wood is back so I'm going for 1st place.

One of my best players so far has been Kalvin Phillips. I had planned to loan him out by decided to keep him as backup, now he's started most games and is developing really nice.

29 minutes ago, Don_69 said:

Finally started a save with my beloved Leeds. With the update Pontus signs permanently which is beautiful.

In the first friendly in charge against the under 23's, Chris Wood broke his leg and was out for 6 months.. Really gutted, almost made me start the save over lol. So far I haven't missed him though, Doukara has actually been performing well. 9 goals in 15 games is decent. Played 24 games now and I'm second behind Newcastle on goal difference. Wood is back so I'm going for 1st place.

One of my best players so far has been Kalvin Phillips. I had planned to loan him out by decided to keep him as backup, now he's started most games and is developing really nice.

What sort of formation are you playing and what role for Kalvin?

Just now, Welshace said:

What sort of formation are you playing and what role for Kalvin?

I'm playing 4123, with Phillips as box to box (RCM), O'kane deep lying playmaker (defend, LCM) and Bridcutt Ball winning mid (support, CDM)

Btw, the January window just opened and Watford is offering £6 mill + 30% percentage of profit from next sale for C.Taylor. Would you sell? He's been playing really well and I'm going for the league title, could bring in Matthew Targett for about £4 mill as replacement..

1 hour ago, Don_69 said:

Btw, the January window just opened and Watford is offering £6 mill + 30% percentage of profit from next sale for C.Taylor. Would you sell? He's been playing really well and I'm going for the league title, could bring in Matthew Targett for about £4 mill as replacement..

Well yes, considering he leaves on a free if you don't accept  may as well get the 6million.

Matthew targett or Tymon in as a replacement would be ideal.

Archived