FM 2017 - Who's creating what thread?

Ty

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall any 1860 München thread last year, so I am pretty sure nobody is preparing one this year. Would certainly be an interesting addition. :)

Especially because they are doing so miserably in the real life version for years now...

2 hours ago, uncleron said:

I'm doing a Truro City FC save at the moment. Happy to do a thread. Just need to know how to do screenshots from my laptop. Anyone?

Steam has a Default screenshot hotkey, but in my opinion your best tool is the "Snipping tool" from Windows. You can choose which cut you want. Pretty easy. (If your system runs on windows).

Hey guys. Trying to get back into the game after a couple of years out. 

Any interest in a Swansea thread? Fancying the challenge of becoming the first non English club to win the premiership. 

Also there's a lot less action on the forum now! Much fewer threads etc. What's going on has the action moved elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Sorry, have not had time to do English league (EFL) or French league guides this year. Was hoping somebody else might step up. Might find some time later if there is demand and my African internet allows me to do it - although I think Nico or Jean-Luc should do France :lol:

I don't think I can do France. But I was thinking of maybe adding an AS Monaco guide. ;)

Then again, not sure I simply have the time resources for that neither.

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Sorry, have not had time to do English league (EFL) or French league guides this year. Was hoping somebody else might step up. Might find some time later if there is demand and my African internet allows me to do it - although I think Nico or Jean-Luc should do France :lol:

I just wish I had a little bit more free time Jogo !

I can't even play my OM save that much and post some reviews here :( 

But definitely your french thread is missing this year, so many interesting teams to manage in the top 3 divisions in this version !

Good to see you around in any case :)

Any word on a Serbian/Eastern European Thread? Every year I start a game with FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd but haven't really looked into any other people playing the region.
Like others, I don;t really have the time nor knowledge to do the thread myself but would be willing to assist someone should they need it.

Aaaaand there's the proof why a thread like this is so important.

For the last evenings, I was working on an AS Monaco thread, including pictures and everything... and today, somebody else started one. So I basically have the choice of opening a "rival thread" (which would be stupid) or throw it all into the bin.

What a mess! :lol::(

On 11/30/2016 at 22:21, Jean-Luc said:

Aaaaand there's the proof why a thread like this is so important.

For the last evenings, I was working on an AS Monaco thread, including pictures and everything... and today, somebody else started one. So I basically have the choice of opening a "rival thread" (which would be stupid) or throw it all into the bin.

What a mess! :lol::(

Can't you post the stuff you created as a reply to the thread the other person created? More info is good I think :) Unless the guy who made it objects but that would be quite mean I think...

I feel it might be a bit redundant to have a long introduction of players followed by another long introduction of players. Also, for people who are interested in a quick overview, they might not even find it there. But yes, everybody is very supportive, and the thread creator has offered me to post my stuff, as has the creator of the "French football thread". I am, actually wondering, if starting a new thread and linking to the other in the opening post might even be the best idea, if people use the search function.

I certainly learned my lesson there, that's for sure. ;)

@VirtuosoFlame92

I'd love to see a TSV 1860 Munich team guide - especially given the presence of the great legend that is Ivica Olic!

I've finished a couple of team guides already, please do check them out. This is my first year of writing these and I must say it's been very enjoyable thus far!

I've tried to avoid taking any popular clubs, but I think my next one will be AFC Bournemouth. If anyone was particularly looking forward to covering them, or we have any Cherries fans here, they're welcome to assist! The guide will very much revolve around the club's focus on home-grown talent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 December 2016 at 13:09, CityAndColour said:

@Ty

Would it be possible to change the title to "FM17 conference national/north/south general thread" ?

That way it would give a place for those playing non-league to give updates etc as well as just recommending players.

All done for you :thup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to check - nobody has started a Villa thread?

I've not been on these forums for a while (since FM14 actually), but am back in the game with FM17 and would be happy to start a club thread for Villa if there's enough interest.

• 6 months later...
On 29/10/2017 at 10:35, tyro said:

I have been actually looking at this thread every day. I can't be sure but I thought previous years this was done way before release?

Hi Tyro,

Absolutely correct, it was done during Beta

With the reduction in forum activity, I don't even know if creating a thread for most clubs is worth it. I've done the Chelsea thread for the last couple of years and with the amount of time it takes to do it, I'm not so sure it would be worth it for how little they are used.

Perhaps some of the clubs with a more active user base would be a little more in demand, though.

I don't know what is happening with this subforum, I absolutely loved it back in the day. I am not sure why the visits and posting decreased (apart from threads of clubs with large fanbase, like Man Utd and Liverpool), but I'm pretty sure that last year was the weakest in terms of threads created and information posted. Is it because people are not playing the game as much as before (unhappy with the product etc...) or simply visiting this part of forum less. Thread "What club should I start with" also fell off and it used to be my favourite thread when I'm lacking inspiration. Also, back in the day, one of the thread starter's obligations was to continue playing the save, posting as much information as possible through the game years, youngsters developed, key players' stats, which staff to get, finances etc... in order to get more people playing the save.

Anyway, I'm rambling too much. I don't plan to get the game right away, but I will download the demo and I'd be more than happy to start a Chelsea thread if that is ok. I also have some other clubs in mind, back in 2013 or 14 (not sure) I created Dynamo Dresden thread and enjoyed it immensely, so I will definitely look for other interesting clubs this year to try and bring them closer to general public.

I didn't play FM17, so I haven't really visited the forums since 2016, but I was shocked to see the state it's in :(

I always loved to see the club threads, league threads and so on, as it would more often than not help me select a new team to manage. I've bought FM18, and I really hope we'll see a revival of sorts in here. :) 

20 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

I don't know what is happening with this subforum, I absolutely loved it back in the day. I am not sure why the visits and posting decreased (apart from threads of clubs with large fanbase, like Man Utd and Liverpool), but I'm pretty sure that last year was the weakest in terms of threads created and information posted. Is it because people are not playing the game as much as before (unhappy with the product etc...) or simply visiting this part of forum less. Thread "What club should I start with" also fell off and it used to be my favourite thread when I'm lacking inspiration. Also, back in the day, one of the thread starter's obligations was to continue playing the save, posting as much information as possible through the game years, youngsters developed, key players' stats, which staff to get, finances etc... in order to get more people playing the save.

Anyway, I'm rambling too much. I don't plan to get the game right away, but I will download the demo and I'd be more than happy to start a Chelsea thread if that is ok. I also have some other clubs in mind, back in 2013 or 14 (not sure) I created Dynamo Dresden thread and enjoyed it immensely, so I will definitely look for other interesting clubs this year to try and bring them closer to general public.

I don't think the number of people playing the game is decreasing, I just think forums in general aren't as popular as they once were. I have noticed the same thing with a computer enthusiast forum that I've been visiting for the last 5-6 years, too. It just seems that people are getting their info from other sources, mainly blogs or social media. I made a quick Chelsea thread, but didn't put near as much effort into it as I did last year. If you'd like to take it over you're more than welcome to. Let me know and we can try to change it via the moderators. 

43 minutes ago, PitchPosh said:

I don't think the number of people playing the game is decreasing, I just think forums in general aren't as popular as they once were. I have noticed the same thing with a computer enthusiast forum that I've been visiting for the last 5-6 years, too. It just seems that people are getting their info from other sources, mainly blogs or social media. I made a quick Chelsea thread, but didn't put near as much effort into it as I did last year. If you'd like to take it over you're more than welcome to. Let me know and we can try to change it via the moderators. 

Yeah, very possible. Nah mate, it's all good, once I purchase full game (maybe around holidays) I'll take part in your thread and share my experiences :)

21 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Yeah, very possible. Nah mate, it's all good, once I purchase full game (maybe around holidays) I'll take part in your thread and share my experiences :)

Looking forward to seeing you in there! I'm going to try to give the thread a little more body when I get home this evening. 

To be honest I used to come in here quite a lot, I started the Valencia thread a few editions back. But it does seem dead now.

What I don't think is helping, and I am going to be honest here, is that I can't remember when I last saw a Mod post in this forum. There has been very little 'tidying' up done over the last year or so. What I mean by that is there was always a sticky at the top of the thread where you could find all the started threads. FM17's hasn't been updated with new threads in ages. Various club threads have been created and not added to the links in the opening post. This thread itself was created to keep things in order and let people have the opportunity to say what thread they want to do.

I don't think that this is the case, and people have real life commitments and I fully understand that, but to the average forum user here it must seem like the mods just don't care about this section anymore. As I said I am not blaming anyone, but that is just how it appears. 

20 hours ago, davehanson said:

To be honest I used to come in here quite a lot, I started the Valencia thread a few editions back. But it does seem dead now.

What I don't think is helping, and I am going to be honest here, is that I can't remember when I last saw a Mod post in this forum. There has been very little 'tidying' up done over the last year or so. What I mean by that is there was always a sticky at the top of the thread where you could find all the started threads. FM17's hasn't been updated with new threads in ages. Various club threads have been created and not added to the links in the opening post. This thread itself was created to keep things in order and let people have the opportunity to say what thread they want to do.

I don't think that this is the case, and people have real life commitments and I fully understand that, but to the average forum user here it must seem like the mods just don't care about this section anymore. As I said I am not blaming anyone, but that is just how it appears. 

I agree with this. The individual threads have such a high standards lately that it seems intimidating to start a new club thread but I see some people are starting new threads. For me, and I am sure many people, the club threads (or even league threads) are great, and provide an opportunity where you can exchange ideas and write about your progress, about players and the club.

It is a shame that there is not more involvement from the mods here to make sure all is organized and refreshed, and easily accessible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived