The Official 'How Do I Find/What Does this mean?'' Thread

Ok I hope my English is better in this and my punctuation is much better for all to read.

Where the hell is the transfer market or is it all done threw the scouting network if so, I hope there is a option to go back to the old style format, if not can someone please tell me where this actually is its the worst layout on a football manager i've ever seen.

Press F5 on keyboard and that takes you to the transfers screen, where you can view players that are transfer listed or listed for loan etc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so now if ya scouting network doesnt stretch you are not finding players thats pretty poor so it doesnt take into account that managers hear things from other people they have friends in football 9/10 times around the world watching sky at home watching foreign football themself its gettin further and further away from the complete manager experience thank god i didnt buy it and leased it threw my brothers steam account good luck but sorry its lost the feel for it too much crap too much clicking not good o and for unrealis lolol leeds united finished 8th i scored 115 goals yet conceded 100 lololol pathetic even for a beta

one quick question:

i chose the option to disable transfer for the first window to properly reflect real life senario, but why is it only me who is restricted, the rest of the teams are business as usual, which defeat the whole purpose of realism correct?

Cheers

so now if ya scouting network doesnt stretch you are not finding players thats pretty poor so it doesnt take into account that managers hear things from other people they have friends in football 9/10 times around the world watching sky at home watching foreign football themself its gettin further and further away from the complete manager experience thank god i didnt buy it and leased it threw my brothers steam account good luck but sorry its lost the feel for it too much crap too much clicking not good o and for unrealis lolol leeds united finished 8th i scored 115 goals yet conceded 100 lololol pathetic even for a beta

1. You're welcome.

2. Punctuation helps.

3. Not even bothering with the rest of your post as u clearly think the game is the problem and not what you're doing...

FM2015 question:

An agent offered £215k to purchase 5% stake in one of his clients. The player looked quite good so thought I would try this as I have never done this before. However I couldn't figure out how to do this???

I clicked on make offer and the normal screen to make a transfer offer appeared. I didn't want to bid £6m for the player which is what the club wants, I just want to buy 5% for £215k.

How is this done? I can only tell how to make a transfer bid or a loan offer but not a stake in the player

Can anyone help?

how do i have just a general private chat? like in fm14 i could go onto and have a private chat and everything possible to talk about would be listed? if that's not possible then i think thats a really poor decision, to have to go on several tabs different tabs and dropdowns to go to chat rather than have it all there in one block?

if its not possible could someone tell me how i can speak to a player about his concerns, thanks

also, like in the last fm versions as well, is there a way to have the players condition and average rating shown on them in the tactics screen when there in the formation, it's easy enough for all the players listed on the left, but it doesnt show there condition and rating on them in the actual formation bit on the right when this happened in previous versions, is there a way to do this?

FM2015 question:

An agent offered £215k to purchase 5% stake in one of his clients. The player looked quite good so thought I would try this as I have never done this before. However I couldn't figure out how to do this???

I clicked on make offer and the normal screen to make a transfer offer appeared. I didn't want to bid £6m for the player which is what the club wants, I just want to buy 5% for £215k.

How is this done? I can only tell how to make a transfer bid or a loan offer but not a stake in the player

Can anyone help?

You can't purchase a percentage of a player only. Only agents can do that.

how do i have just a general private chat? like in fm14 i could go onto and have a private chat and everything possible to talk about would be listed? if that's not possible then i think thats a really poor decision, to have to go on several tabs different tabs and dropdowns to go to chat rather than have it all there in one block?

if its not possible could someone tell me how i can speak to a player about his concerns, thanks

You can't. As I always ask, what do you want to chat about that you cannot now?

also, like in the last fm versions as well, is there a way to have the players condition and average rating shown on them in the tactics screen when there in the formation, it's easy enough for all the players listed on the left, but it doesnt show there condition and rating on them in the actual formation bit on the right when this happened in previous versions, is there a way to do this?

You can't, unless a custom skin does this somehow.

Usually the instructions that I set on my opposition players are the same every match (close down and hard tackling on all players).

On Football Manager 2014 it was very easy for me to do this I just had to highlight all, and then set the players instruction with a few simple clicks.

But the problem I am having is that I can't figure out how to highlight everyone on the opposition instructions page, which means I have to set each instruction one by one on every player in the team and that's loads of clicks and time consuming.

Here is a picture below of the screen I'm talking about.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0a9924361532496

so my question is, How do I select all on the opposition instructions screen?

apologies if this has been answered already, I couldn't see it as I scrolled through the answers.

How do I view players coaching attributes?

I've had a player agree to be avialable for coaching but can't see his attributes.

Under Overview you should have a drop-down menu listing Profile, Player Attributes, Staff Attributes and Information.

What did he say exactly? Did he say it's something he could see himself doing or did he offer to make himself available immediately?

Is it still possible to send players on holiday? If so, where?

It should be. I don't think that has changed. When the have the TRD (?) icon next to them, the option should be there if you right click on him, either under Squad or Training. Can anyone confirm this?

Usually the instructions that I set on my opposition players are the same every match (close down and hard tackling on all players).

On Football Manager 2014 it was very easy for me to do this I just had to highlight all, and then set the players instruction with a few simple clicks.

But the problem I am having is that I can't figure out how to highlight everyone on the opposition instructions page, which means I have to set each instruction one by one on every player in the team and that's loads of clicks and time consuming.

Here is a picture below of the screen I'm talking about.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0a9924361532496

so my question is, How do I select all on the opposition instructions screen?

I'm not sure if you still can, but if that's what you want to do, just use Get Stuck In and Close Down (Much) More? Then you have very few OIs to do.

It should be. I don't think that has changed. When the have the TRD (?) icon next to them, the option should be there if you right click on him, either under Squad or Training. Can anyone confirm this?

I've found it. It "Extended Leaves" when you are under your squad. I had looked under the information tab where it was located in FM14. Thanks, mate.

Is the option to explain why you're transfer listing a player gone?

I can warn a player that I'm going to transfer list him if his attitude doesn't improve, he doesn't improve in training or he won't sign a new deal. I'm not sure if more conversation options open up once you've warned him. I'm not about to test this on my save ;)

You can always do it the other way around. Transfer List him first and he will probably approach you to talk about it. You can also talk to him just before you confirm the deal to explain.

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Team comparisons via the team reports that your scout delivers a few days before a match. You know, the one where you see the star-ratings of players in positions and roles compared to your team? Does that still exist? I can't for the life of me find it...

Team comparisons via the team reports that your scout delivers a few days before a match. You know, the one where you see the star-ratings of players in positions and roles compared to your team? Does that still exist? I can't for the life of me find it...

You mean Squad Depth? I don't think you can see that for other teams anymore. It has been asked in the thread, but no-one has been able to find it.

You mean Squad Depth? I don't think you can see that for other teams anymore. It has been asked in the thread, but no-one has been able to find it.

Darnit, yeah ... squad depth. I always found that view immensely useful for first glance Strength/Weakness analysis. Not sure why that would be removed. Oh well :)

Re the new scouting set-up:

How does the game differentiate between a search for "first team players" and "back-up" players with everything else being equal?

So if I am looking for an MC "advanced playmaker" between 21 and 25 at least 3* CA, what difference will setting the squad status at the start make?

Will it only list those players which the game thinks would be willing to accept a contact as either a first team player or back-up option? Or does the game make a judgement based on the player's ability or reputation? And therefore a search for the lowest possible squad status with all else being equal will return the greatest number of results?

Hi guys,i have a problem. I have always played with different teams and i'm not being able to find, in the beta version of FM15, were to switch from a manager to another. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot! And is not to add another manager, it is to switch between the two already existing profiles.

Hi guys,i have a problem. I have always played with different teams and i'm not being able to find, in the beta version of FM15, were to switch from a manager to another. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot! And is not to add another manager, it is to switch between the two already existing profiles.

It's in the FM menu :) It says 'change manager' in the menu, click that to go to your other profile

I hired my first scout, so had a chance to check this out. I found it easily. When the team report comes in, click on "Team Report" to view it. Then at the top Team Reports --> Senior Team --> Squad Depth

How does the game differentiate between a search for "first team players" and "back-up" players with everything else being equal?

So if I am looking for an MC "advanced playmaker" between 21 and 25 at least 3* CA, what difference will setting the squad status at the start make?

Will it only list those players which the game thinks would be willing to accept a contact as either a first team player or back-up option? Or does the game make a judgement based on the player's ability or reputation? And therefore a search for the lowest possible squad status with all else being equal will return the greatest number of results?

Trust you to ask something difficult to answer. :D

I've asked internally, so I'll report back when I get an answer.

on previous versions on the tactic screen you could right click by a player to allocate a position in the team. Has that gone? Manually picking your team seems to take much longer and be more difficult than previous versions.

In previous versions I used right-click quite often to fill up my bench pre-game, and I found that quite useful and quick. In saying that, I can just as easily now click on "Quick Pick" and then select "Unpicked Positions" to fill up the bench. You can also pick an Entire Team, or a Rotated Squad in the drop down.

What I do really like about 15 is that it is very easy to use for people who use one system most of the time. Instead of manually looking for the players to replace a player in the starting XI, you just click the space next to the player's name and it shows a list of the best suited players for that position and role which you can select straight away.

I'm not sure I answered your question at all, but I would disagree with the idea that picking the team takes longer; nor that it is more difficult.

you are right, there are lots of good options if you want your assistant to pick, or directly replace someone.

But say I want to put a certain player on the bench. I now have to click on the position then scroll through my entire squad (including those already picked) to find him, rather than simply rick-click. It would be even better if the option was still there.

I hired my first scout, so had a chance to check this out. I found it easily. When the team report comes in, click on "Team Report" to view it. Then at the top Team Reports --> Senior Team --> Squad Depth

Thanks for checking that, but I don't have an additional sub-menu. I get the scout report, click on the 'Team Report' hyperlink at the bottom, and then this is all I get:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/547512397300710409/FD934204667C5E2BC6D41FB3767D53670C5367C5/

Am I missing something very obvious here? :p

2 of my players had a dispute during tutoring for some reason, despite having the same personality.

Is there anyway to get them in a room together and hash it out?

The interaction drop down menu doesn't have an option for a personal chat with the players.

i believe that in FM14, i would go to the players 'Report' section and select the 'Form' page. this shows a list of all the games that the player played in.

on that page, it would also say whether the player came on as a sub or was subbed, but it doesn't seem to be the case any more.

has this information moved? it was really handy to know, so that i dont keep subbing the same player all the time. it also helped to know if my player had played a full 90 minutes in the last 5 games or if he came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes in those 5 games.

i believe that in FM14, i would go to the players 'Report' section and select the 'Form' page. this shows a list of all the games that the player played in.

on that page, it would also say whether the player came on as a sub or was subbed, but it doesn't seem to be the case any more.

has this information moved? it was really handy to know, so that i dont keep subbing the same player all the time. it also helped to know if my player had played a full 90 minutes in the last 5 games or if he came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes in those 5 games.

In FMC it's still under Reports/Form

When I scout a player, I get told whether or not the match the 'New Signing Philosophies'. Who sets them, and where do I find them?

You set them when you join the club. If you agree to sign young players and bring them through to the first team them signing a 26 year old doesn't match your new signing philosophies for example :)

You can make a request to the board to change them after a certain amount of time, or when you get offered a new contract.

When I scout a player, I get told whether or not the match the 'New Signing Philosophies'. Who sets them, and where do I find them?

Have a look in your Board --> Confidence screen. Some of the categories will be New Signing Philosophies, like Signs Young Players for the First Team or Signs High Profile Players. When you go to a job interview, discuss your vision for the club during contract negotiation or just a boardroom request, this will be discussed.

Been playing the beta but b4 games i normally look at the team comparison between my team and the opposition(fm2014) where it rates positions against the other team in the form of a bar graph type comparison page this doesnt seem to be there on fm2015 when you go to team comparison it only shows the oppositions stats and where they rank in the league am i missing something or is this feature no longer in the game.Thanks

As promised, I have an answer: The squad status only affects the default star rating that is set for the assignment. Nothing else.

Edit: It doesn't do that currently, so it has been logged as a bug. Cheers for bringing it up :thup:

Archived