The Official 'How Do I Find/What Does this mean?'' Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do I remove training for a specific position on a player?

When I try to do it in the "training" section at the player profile page, it's greyed out: http://puu.sh/cLcaD/0fac26cd62.jpg

Also, how do I talk to a player that I want to sign? I've heard this is possible in FM15. For me it looks like this when I try to talk to the player: http://puu.sh/cLcfz/967c378f9e.jpg

1/ check your staff responsibilities, do you have individual training delegated to your assman? you have to switch it back to your own control, press Continue, then see fi you can change his position training.

2/ you cannot tap up a player before a bid is accepted, but you can always Declare Interest under the transfers tab and that will let you talk about the player through the media.

I set my chief scout an urgent assignment but it's been 3 Months and he hasn't started it yet.

Uhm, okay? Was there a question there somewhere? If you encountered a bug (assuming he doesn't have other assignments) then report it in the bugs forum.

Can I distribute tracksuit/tactical points upon completing coaching badges, or does the game distrbute them randomly by itself?
Anybody?

You can't. The game will improve these attributes. I've only completed 1 course so far, but wasn't given the option to do so and quite rightly, imo.

Uhm, okay? Was there a question there somewhere? If you encountered a bug (assuming he doesn't have other assignments) then report it in the bugs forum.

No it was a question. I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. I can't seem to delete scout assignments how do I do that?

in FM15 do Scouts give approximate transfer fees when they submit a report?

I see the approximate wages but not for fees

Asking prices are still in the game :thup:

Switch your view to Scouting - Main Details or add the columns yourself.

I'm definitely being a bit dim, but in FM15 I'm struggling to see how I can do a San Marino C&C. I choose the club and country option and can become the manager of San Marino the club, but I can't see a way of becoming manager of the country San Marino? It's not in the list of popular countries stated, so I am having to search for San Marino and once on the squad page (and I can see a full playing squad) I can't find an option to choose San Marino. Pressing 'add manager' takes you back to the country picker. I only have the Italian league loaded but thought that would be sufficient.

Managed to choose Man Utd and England, but this was because England was on the 'pick a country' list.

Any ideas?

I asked these in the Feedback Thread but didn't get answered. I think these are probably my understanding rather than bugs though:

I often get a message, when scouting a player, that my club cannot afford him. That is blatantly not true, as I'm Man United and the player was valued at £1m. I have £60m available. I'm not sure why that message comes up?

- I have left my assistant to be in charge of applying opposition instructions, however, before every game, he only has 1 instruction for 1 player. Other members of staff often have multiple instructions for 3-4+ players. I understand that different staff have different opinions, but my assistant never mentions more than 1 player. Why is this?

- I added some players to my transfer targets page with no set value, just to see how that feature worked. I got a few messages back to say the transfer had failed due to us and the other club being so far away in the valuation, however, I couldn't find out what was offered and what their negotiation was. I don't know how far out we were, or what they were expecting. If I go back for that transfer at a later date, I'd like that information to know where to start from.

- I am often getting complaints from players regarding their training being too hard, but I still haven't found where to go to reduce the intensity.

That helps but it seems sometimes the scouts include it in their report page and sometimes they don't.

I thought it just appeared when a player might have interest to transfer, but in some cases when they are "very interested" & no transfer fee in mentioned in the report.

What is meant by "new signings philosophy" ? - what are the various choices/styles?

Where is it located?

Was it set by the Board or me as Head Coach?

Can I change it ?

What affect will it have on the team/player if the signing is made even though it was listed as negative in the scouting?

So I have to scout a player. Get the report. Then Switch to the scouting page and locate the player?

Seems to me it has to be easier.

That helps but it seems sometimes the scouts include it in their report page and sometimes they don't.

I thought it just appeared when a player might have interest to transfer, but in some cases when they are "very interested" & no transfer fee in mentioned in the report.

Just because he's interested in moving doesn't mean his club wants to sell him. That might be why there's no fee there.

What is meant by "new signings philosophy" ? - what are the various choices/styles?

Where is it located?

Was it set by the Board or me as Head Coach?

Can I change it ?

What affect will it have on the team/player if the signing is made even though it was listed as negative in the scouting?

If you have a signing philosophy, it'll be listed as one of the categories on your board confidence screen. It'll be either signing high profile players or youngsters for the first team.

It's either set during contract negotiations or job interviews or it may just be automatically there if you started your game at the club.

It won't affect the team or your player. :thup:

Hi guys,

I have a question about the star rating: In FM 14 you easily were able to identify player´s potential as the stars were displayed in player information. How can I see the potential of a player now? Especially for youth players I have no idea if it is worth keeping them or not.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Is there a way to move a player between your squads (ie promote from U21s to main) from within the players profile? I know you can step back to the squad screen and right click the players name and then select the squad but that seems a bit long winded and I have a very large youth squad.

Thanks

Rob

Is there a way to move a player between your squads (ie promote from U21s to main) from within the players profile? I know you can step back to the squad screen and right click the players name and then select the squad but that seems a bit long winded and I have a very large youth squad.

Thanks

Rob

Not on the game but surely if your in the players profile you can use the squad drop down options?

Here's one for SI:

"How many games does each squad status promise in order to prevent a player moaning about his game time?"

Key Status - ?

First Team - ?

Rotation - ?

Backup - ?

Hot Prospect -?

Youngster - ?

I ask because at the moment it feels like backup players want the same amount of games as a rotation option. It's nigh impossible to have a second keeper on backup as they want to leave without games, even if they get 5-6 a year.

Thanks

Rob

It's in the 'Development' menu on the players profile. Bit strange that it's hidden there and it took me a long time to find too.

Hi guys,

I have a question about the star rating: In FM 14 you easily were able to identify player´s potential as the stars were displayed in player information. How can I see the potential of a player now? Especially for youth players I have no idea if it is worth keeping them or not.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Use your squad view. Assistant Reports or just add the current and potential ability coloumns.

Can you still ask a scout or assistant to look for some suitable players that are available for loan ? if so how. Thanks in advance :-)
I never did find out if this is still possible ? i'm sure in FM 14 you could ask ass man to suggest some potential loans then scout them. Is this still possible in FM 15 ?

I never did find out if this is still possible ? i'm sure in FM 14 you could ask ass man to suggest some potential loans then scout them. Is this still possible in FM 15 ?

Thought twitter would have helped you by now, tbh.

Transfers --> Director of Football --> Transfer Targets.

Can someone help me out, i want to delete some of my tactics that i have created but have turned out to be crap ??

Go to your game directory under Sports Interactive/Fm15/tactics and delete from there

Archived