Group E - Ecuador v France // Honduras v Switzerland - 2100 BST

JD nawrat

Ecuador starting XI: Dominguez, Guagua, Erazo, Paredes, Noboa, Montero, W Ayovi, E Valencia, Minda, Arroyo ©, A Valencia.

France starting XI: Lloris ©, Sakho, Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi, Sagna, Digne, Sissoko, Pogba, Koscielny, Schneiderlin

---

Honduras starting XI: Valladares ©, Figueroa, Bernardez, J Garcia, W Palacios, Bengtson, Costly, B Garcia, Espinoza, Claros, Beckeles.

Switzerland starting XI: Benaglio, Lichtsteiner, Inler ©, Xhaka, Behrami, Rodriguez, Mehmedi, Drmic, Djourou, Schaer, Shaqiri

---

_75833164_0bafd782-1adf-4174-8b9b-eb1a84ae55f0.jpg

What They Need:

France: Need a draw to secure their last-16 place and qualify as group winners.

Ecuador: Certain of qualification if they match or better a Switzerland win or draw (barring a two-goal swing).

Switzerland: Through if they better Ecuador's result.

Honduras: Must beat Switzerland and hope Ecuador lose, coupled with a four-goal swing, to advance

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are teams listed by number order? Proper annoys me when they're ordered like that for some reason :D

I think so.

Not going to lie, it was a quick C+P job from the BBC :D Thought there'd be a thread before now so I just threw something quickly together. :thup:

Schneiderlin starting though :cool: Chance for him to impress and make it another Southampton starlet leaving this summer :lol:

As long as France top the group (almost guaranteed) I'll be happy :thup: Don't want Honduras to get through either... not arsed whether Ecuador or Switzerland get through tbh. Not fond of either, but don't dislike either.

So, JDownie concedes that Griezmann sucks. georginho have been proven right, yet again.

Where did I do such a thing? :confused:

Griezmann's a very good player, he's done quite well in his performance and a half for France. Valbuena's been fantastic, though.

It's cool that BBC show the other game live on the screen - ITV should do that rather than just announce a goal has happened. I like that.

That's because BBC's coverage this year has generally been really good IMO.

I mean they even briefly address Suarez at the start and then focus on the game for 28 mins of the build up.

I mean they even briefly address Suarez at the start and then focus on the game for 28 mins of the build up.

I agree. The BBC have done themselves justice. Good commentary bar Pearce's stupidity (he's usually good, though) surrounding Benzema's goal (well, OG). Phil Neville was a bit boring too I guess but it's not as bad as made out. Plus Heny and Seedorf have been the best pundits by a mile and Gary Lineker is the best presenter around, too.

ITV managed to talk about England for 10 minutes :thup:

Archived